Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
"......that the Negro’s great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to “order” than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: “I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action”

good lord that describes atleast 4 dudes just on this board alone.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
right, it was appealing so much to whites that they shot him.

That is correct. If it wasn't appealing to whites in larger numbers, he would have comfortably lived out his life and nobody would have feared him.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
thats fine if you view me as the same as the opposition, but please stop pretending to be some enlightened dude who really knows how to fix it because you don't.

What you seem to be saying is that someone like me can't support you helping the problem. See, that what happens when you see things that aren't there. I'm 100% sure I don't know how to fix it. But I also know I want to support the people who can. I know that must sound like a terrible thing to you.

Quote:
i mean all that crap you just stated means a whole lot of nothing. again, we somehow have to be nice and kind to you guys, because if not, it makes you NOT want to do the right thing.

That little childhood rant you went on won't make me change who I'm voting for. It will take a lot more than that to make me a Trumpian. And nobody asked you to be nice and kind. All it was is try to get you to do some basic math and realize you can't do it on your own.

Quote:
its like saying that sense some gay people are mean to me, its keeping me from doing the right thing and supporting/voting for candidates who make sure those same gay people have equal rights.

No, I'm saying you can't spit on people and expect them to "understand" what it is you truly want to change because they'll tend not to listen. But you won't change my vote. I'm still going to vote the way I vote despite your "angry black man rant" geared towards me. I'm used to it any time you can't figure out that 13% thing and act like you're on some high horse.

Quote:
its like saying because some women ticked me off and weren't nice and PC with me, somehow thats gonna force me to not support the feminist movement and make sure they are treated equally.

its about as soft as one can get.

im not talking about the minority of white people. reading my other post should've cleared that up, but that 39th ranked Tennessee education shouldnt come as a surprise that you cant comprehend my post well.

I grew up in Ohio. A SWING and a miss!

Quote:
im talking about the flip flopping white mods who really dont do much to advance the agenda of equality.

i mean its way easier to actually discuss these issues with the likes of Diam and TB than it is the likes of you and Vers. how sad is that? why? because they aren't busy playing "both sides" BS that literally doesnt work.

Yeah, I play both sides, right. I try to say why I think someone like Bernie isn't electable. Don't you just hate it when a white guy wants the Democrats to win the election? So you think because I feel a candidate that screams "free everything!" can't get elected, that's a bad thing?

Quote:
like....ever. you keep talking about JFK, but forgot he got shot. yall will bring up MLK, but forget that he got shot.

This is why I know you went on a rant without even looking at half of what I posted. I brought up that very issue. I actually said that the assassinations of MLK, JFK and RFK was an example of just how far the people who hold the power will go to keep it. But that's okay, just ignore that....

Quote:
if those two dudes arent assassinated, i wonder what our country would be like right now as far as legislation. cause the argument could most certainly be made that the civil rights act doesnt get passed without those two events happening.

An argument could also be made that far more would have been accomplished had those events not have happened. Sadly we'll never know.

Quote:
ya know, from the so called white people we gotta suck up to.

you keep saying without white people we wouldnt have civil rights.

how come you wont say that without white people, we wouldnt have been in a place to fight for civil rights to begin with?

somehow history starts with "white people helped us", but yet doesnt start with "white people brought us here to begin with".

lol what a joke your posting is lately.

"without white people we dont have civil rights". yea, well without white people we dont have the klan, either. but dont let that get in the way of your ridiculous posting.

That's pretty funny coming from you. For years on this very board I've blamed white people for slavery, for the the genocide of native Americans. For Jim Crow laws and the position every minority in this country has been forced to endure. But suddenly, in "rant mode", you wish to dismiss all of that.

Well good luck with your 13% accomplishing your goals without people like me because the math don't lie. Luckily I won't change who i am because of your "angry black man" rant.

But this time, when you came around to figuring out we're actually on the same side? Save your message of apology to me like usual. I've heard that BS enough now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
MLK spoke of Justice and Common Ground.

We don't see anyone talking that way these days.

That is what is needed.

Legend
Legend
lol apologize for what? its clear we dont view this the same AT ALL. everything i said to you just now i ABSOLUTELY mean it.

take that flip flopping nonsense somewhere else. i rather talk to people who are actually capable of taking a position on something, instead of the "both sides" lets all hold hands BS.

things change by those who are willing to take it, those willing to fight for it. not the people who cant make a decision and is constantly searching for the non existent compromise.

man you centrist are a huge waste of time in this country.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
liberals: cops need to stop shooting unarmed black people!

conservatives: people need to respect the law!

Pit and DC: well....ummm...i think....well, why dont we just have a quota for the # of black people allowed to be shot by cops and make sure we add a few more minorities to the force. see, both sides win!

but wait, i dunno...umm... maybe this...uh uh uh uh

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
liberals: cops need to stop shooting unarmed black people!

conservatives: people need to respect the law!

DC: Both of those things can and should be true.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
40: Black people need to stop jumping around and reaching when a Cop has told you to freeze and show me your hands.

Unarmed white people die that way too.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
40: Black people need to stop jumping around and reaching when a Cop has told you to freeze and show me your hands.

This is a losing position.. walking/running away from a busted tail light can get a black person shot... a white person can walk out holding the bloody knife and be negotiated with for 10 minutes to please put it down and step away...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

This is a losing position.. walking/running away from a busted tail light can get a black person shot... a white person can walk out holding the bloody knife and be negotiated with for 10 minutes to please put it down and step away...

Yes, if you look at the issue by 3 out of 100.
But I don't.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sure seems to be the case............

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
P
Legend
Legend
P
Pit and DC: well....ummm...i think....well, why dont we just have a quota for the # of black people allowed to be shot by cops and make sure we add a few more minorities to the force. see, both sides win!

but wait, i dunno...umm... maybe this...uh uh uh uh

And there you go with another lie.

You know, I've spent years on this board standing up against police brutality. I've spent years saying there are good cops and bad cops and they need to get the bad cops out of there. That cops who don't spill the beans on bad cops aren't good cops either.

And you sit here and lie.

I've sat here and took up the cause for equality for all races. For every sexual orientation. Against the mass incarceration of people of color. For a higher standard of education in urban areas.

And you have nothing to do but tell lies and make up BS about a person who has mainly been on your side all along.

What a sad little man.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
What was hat? Sorry I don’t speak centrist.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
You don't speak anything but hate lately. You are the leftist version of Trump.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
yes i am, because i rather be on that side than the side of racist, sexist, and people who are homophobic.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
What was hat?

You want a MAGA hat?

Legend
Legend
What was hat?

You want a MAGA hat?

hell yea i want a maga hat

My
Attorney
Got
Arrested

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
yes i am, because i rather be on that side than the side of racist, sexist, and people who are homophobic.

So mimicking the thing you claim to hate makes you proud. Even though I knew that before you posted it.

If anyone actually took you seriously you would certainly help the Democrats lose the election.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
says the guy who didnt even vote for either candidate in the 2016 election.

thats whats so funny about all of this. you didnt even do your part, yet you feel the need to lecture ANYBODY, maga hatter or not, on anything.

news flash: nobody takes you seriously either. hard to do so when you can't even show up in crunch time.

atleast i actually show up.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
And where did your tactics get you then? Some people never learn from their mistakes.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
hell atleast it got me a participation trophy.

you didn't even get that. you stayed in your room and whined.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
What was hat?

You want a MAGA hat?

You should keep it... it hides your lobotomy scar.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
What was hat?

You want a MAGA hat?

You should keep it... it hides your lobotomy scar.

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I've never been a whiner like what I've seen from you on this board today.

You know, I still have faith that maybe some day you will grow up. Some day maybe you will understand that trying to create an enemy out of people who agree with 90% of what you say is no way to achieve the things you wish to accomplish.

But today is proof you have a long way to go.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
??? lol please, i want the full 100%, anything less is flip flopping!!!!

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
I forgive you.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

But I don't.

So as long as 97% of the black people who are stopped for minor traffic violations or selling loose cigarettes on the corner live to tell about it, that's successful in your book?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend

But I don't.

So as long as 97% of the black people who are stopped for minor traffic violations or selling loose cigarettes on the corner live to tell about it, that's successful in your book?

Of course not! They are working to improve the problem.
That is why they are now issuing Tasers.

Legend
Legend

But I don't.

Cool. That should help. We need non-lethal ways to take down people who haven't really done anything wrong.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

But I don't.

Cool. That should help. We need non-lethal ways to take down people who haven't really done anything wrong.

Tasers and Guns aren't generally used to take down law abiding people or people who follow the officers directions. They are used on people who threaten the officer, whether actual or perceived.

Stop making the Police guess if you are a threat or not!
Too many Cops are going home in bags these days by guessing wrong.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Ah, so now it's gone from criminals to people who "don't follow instructions".

The bar keeps getting lower.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Both. READ!

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Tasers and Guns aren't generally used to take down law abiding people or people who follow the officers directions. They are used on people who threaten the officer, whether actual or perceived.

The stats are against you... I appreciate you defending the cops, I have nothing but respect for good cops trying to do a good job..

but 30% of blacks killed by cops were unarmed... less than 30% were suspected of a violent crime or presumed to be armed... and that isn't even looking into the totally disproportionate number of blacks killed by cops based on population, based on interactions with the police.. based on anything..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The stats are against you... I appreciate you defending the cops, I have nothing but respect for good cops trying to do a good job..

but 30% of blacks killed by cops were unarmed... less than 30% were suspected of a violent crime or presumed to be armed... and that isn't even looking into the totally disproportionate number of blacks killed by cops based on population, based on interactions with the police.. based on anything..

So you praise Cops with one side of your mouth and condemn them with the other for assassinating Blacks. Shame.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Obtuse is your specialty. Comprehension? Not so much.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
DC said this was a losing argument and he was right because you just lost.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
So you praise Cops with one side of your mouth and condemn them with the other for assassinating Blacks. Shame.

If I want to praise some cops, must I praise them all? I praise the good ones, I condemn the bad ones... the ones that need to change though are the good ones that won't speak up about the bad ones... Refer to the article about the ones lying to protect their fellow cop who shot a black man...

My guess is that those within the police ranks, even the ones who try hard to do their job fairly each and every day... they are the ones who know who the bad ones are, the ones who abuse their power, the ones who play on the edge and are most likely to cross the line... they need to speak up. Until they do, the problem with the bad ones can only get so much better. There seems to be this "honor code" among cops that causes them to protect their own, even at the expense and reputation of the profession as a whole.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's an all or nothing proposition with people like 40cent. You can't say there are good and bad.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well it is good to see you clarifying your previous post.

Would have been better to do that originally.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus How Progressives Can Win the Election

Link Copied to Clipboard