Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Being as the mirror of Bama over here in the Sip I can tell you that you are correct.
It means in other languages "Big freakin deal" LoL

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I don't think that means what you think it means.

Whoopty hell pretty much means, "big deal".

He's pretty much saying that looking good on paper doesn't really mean anything. It's what you do on the field that matters.

Whatever gave you the idea that I thought it means anything other than what it says, and everyone agrees it means, was an error on your part.

Time to move on, This is about The Training camp.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
C
Legend
Legend
C
It is not Monken’s offense but he is going to have a huge influence (obviously).

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Cleveland Browns Camp Scribbles: A wonderful first day, talent everywhere! -- Terry Pluto

This was the type of article I was talking about earlier. I enjoy articles like this. Thanks for posting.

Some thoughts:

--The point about OBJ and Landry is a good one. That's going to give DCs nightmares.

--Some of the article was over the top, like the pass rush thing. LOL... But, that's okay.

--I liked seeing the information on the 2 LBers and 3 Safeties. Looks like cfrs and Fl Dawg were right. I thought they would bring in an extra corner instead of a safety. That is excellent information.

Legend
Legend
Good news today with the offense going through other people. I think we could see guys like Higgins, Willies, etc really accelerate their careers this year

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

Yesterday he got into it with Duke.

Last edited by Pdawg; 07/26/19 05:06 PM.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
https://www.ohio.com/sports/20190726/vid...s-training-camp

Video is the 3 sports writers from ABJ discussing first two days of camp. They talk about why OBJ goes first in drills and Jarvis goes last among other things.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Damarious Randall says Browns in next Super Bowl isn’t far-fetched

By Nate Ulrich
Beacon Journal/Ohio.com

Posted at 5:12 PM
Updated at 5:12 PM

BEREA — Damarious Randall doesn’t shake his head in disbelief over the astronomical expectations placed on the Browns this year.

The starting free safety doesn’t even think it’s crazy to talk about the Browns extending their 2019 season all the way to the Super Bowl.

“I honestly didn’t think it was crazy last year,” Randall told the Beacon Journal/Ohio.com on Friday after the second practice of training camp. “If you look at the team we had and if you look at some of the close games we lost because of this or because of that — officials here, officials there — at the end of the day, we were a playoff team last year.

“And with the pieces that we added [in the offseason], if we stick together and we stay healthy and we just keep building this team chemistry, there is no reason why we shouldn’t be playing up in January and ultimately in February.”

Traded last year from the Green Bay Packers to the Browns, Randall became one of the defense’s better players and figures to be a focal point in the upcoming season.

It’s a particularly interesting time for him because he’s in the final season of his contract and scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March. General Manager John Dorsey said Wednesday he has had contract extension talks with Randall’s agent, Dave Butz, but “this thing is going to take a little bit of time.”

Randall acknowledged he’s been paying attention to the booming safety market. The Tennessee Titans made Kevin Byard the highest-paid safety in NFL history on Wednesday by striking a deal on a five-year, $70.5 million contract extension.

“I’m just glad guys are getting what they deserve and just tip your hat to them,” Randall said, stressing he’s focused making life easier for his teammates, learning the playbook of new Browns defensive coordinator Steve Wilks and winning games instead of his contract situation.

Browns safety Damarious Randall on his legendary trash talk, big expectations this season and his contract situation.

Although Randall admitted he was amused by Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey recently showing up to training camp in a Brinks truck, he vowed not to follow suit. What he has done is make it clear he would like to re-sign with the Browns.

“You know I want to be here!” Randall said. “I like to finish what I started. [When] I came here, this team was 0-16 and we set out a goal and that’s to win the world championship and that’s the Lombardi Trophy, and that’s something I want to do before I leave here.”

If Randall ever reaches the Super Bowl, he’ll be talking trash throughout his journey there. New teammate and friend Odell Beckham Jr. -- they met in 2014 while the superstar wide receiver trained for the NFL Scouting Combine -- noted Randall is “going to talk, and that’s what I love about him.”

Randall, 26, insisted the more he talks trash, the better he plays.

“It actually does get to some people and guys then start kind of telegraphing routes, just telegraphing things,” he said. “I even talk trash to some of the coaches on the sideline.”

Last season, after the Browns fired coach Hue Jackson and he joined the staff of the Cincinnati Bengals, Randall intercepted a pass and handed the ball to Jackson on the sideline.

Can he top that moment?

“I guess you’ll have to wait and see, man,” Randall replied. “This season will be fun. We’ve got a lot of prime-time games, so people are going to see the identity of this team, people are going to see the swagger of this team and people are going to see why so many people are [bullish about] this team. People aren’t crazy. People know what we’ve got here, and it’s going to be fun to see up in September.”

On Sept. 16, the Browns will visit the New York Jets for a “Monday Night Football” matchup. Former Browns defensive coordinator and interim coach Gregg Williams is the new defensive coordinator of the Jets.

Will Williams become another target of Randall’s verbal jabs?

“What you think?” Randall fired back.

Randall didn’t love the way Williams used him last season. He’s confident he’ll enjoy the Wilks experience more.

“I think I’ll actually be able to be in the game,” Randall said. “I mean, last year there were a couple games to where I was in the middle of the field 25 yards deep to where I didn’t feel very involved in the game plan.

“I honestly thought it was crazy to have an instinctive player like me that far away from the ball, but I was doing what I was told to do. And this year, Steve Wilks obviously recognizes my talents and he obviously knows what I’m capable of, and he is going to have me closer to the ball, closer to the action and more making plays up on the ball.”

Randall didn’t receive any Pro Bowl recognition last year, but he is convinced he had a Pro Bowl-caliber 2018 season.

“This year, I will probably leave no doubt,” he said.

In 15 games last year, Randall compiled 84 tackles, four interceptions, nine passes defensed and a fumble recovery despite playing through injuries in 11 of those games. It was also his first NFL season as a free safety, the same position he played at Arizona State University, where he graduated in May. He played cornerback in his three seasons with the Packers, who drafted him in the first round (30th overall) in 2015.

“The plays are going to come,” Randall said. “The game-changing pick-sixes, they are definitely going to come.”

If you buy what Randall is selling, perhaps they’ll even come in February.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Gawd, I hate watching videos of people like that, but there was really some good information in the clip.

--I like how OBJ sets the tone and Juice watches all the other guys to make sure they do it right.

--Greedy had two picks, but it sounds like Mitchell might be getting more reps w/the 1s.

--The RG position is not settled.

--The kicking battle will be interesting.

Legend
Legend
Randall certainly doesn’t lack confidence ... I’m good with it as long as he/we back it up

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Interesting. This is why Dorsey brought him on board. Step up or step off, I guess. Want to see him hit.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/audio/be...t-training-camp

I know this is from the Browns site but there is quite a bit of information.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
This is not a complaint directed towards the posters who posted them. In fact, a huge thank you to you guys who post this information for us. I truly appreciate it.

However, this message [if any of them are reading] are for the folks who make these videos, podcasts, etc. I don't want to watch you. I don't want to hear you. Just write your information in an article. I can read it much faster than it takes me to watch all the amateurish delivery on a video or podcast. You are reporters, not actors or stars that anyone wants to listen to or view. Write your damn stories.

LOL..........sorry, y'all.

So, I had to turn that crap off. Can someone summarize it for me? With words?

Legend
Legend
JC Tretter on right guard battle: ‘We’re kind of getting used to all three of them’
Today 5:13 PM
Gallery: Day two of Cleveland Browns' training camp, July 26, 2019
0 shares
By Scott Patsko, cleveland.com

BEREA, Ohio – Browns center JC Tretter got his turn in front of the media on Friday, following the second day of training camp.

Here are some takeaways from what he had to say.

1. He doesn’t have inside information on the RG battle.

“I don’t know that. That’s up to the coaches and the staff,” Tretter said. “Right now, it is who is going to separate themselves and play the best, and for the rest of the four guys, it is about getting used to the three guys who are going to be rotating in there and kind of get used to each person.

“I am sure that will get settled sometime midway or whenever that is and then you will dial into one person and get used to that one person. For right now, I think it is still really early. Everybody is going to get a shot, and we will see who steps up to the table.”

On Thursday, Tretter got a full day next to Austin Corbett, the presumed favorite in the days following Kevin Zeitler’s trade to the Giants. On Friday, Tretter lined up next to Kyle Kalis.

That means Saturday should bring Eric Kush to the starting offensive line.

2. Working with a different right guard each day isn’t much of an issue.

The rotation of Corbett/Kalis/Kush has been happening since OTAs, and Tretter, along with right tackle Chris Hubbard, have learned plenty about each player at this point.

“We’ve got so much time with OTAs, going with all three of the guys, and everybody kind of has a different set, a different feel and a different way to interpret calls,” Tretter said. “So you kind of have your own communication with all three of them. You know, if I call this, what do you think? Just kind of get on the same page. And then each day is kind of their own, every guy gets a chance a day. So you kind of just get used to working with that guy all day.”

3. He is able to translate Packers lingo to Browns lingo.

Along with working in new right guards each day, the offensive line is learning a new offense, and dealing with new coaches in James Campen (offensive line coach/associate head coach) and Jeff Blasko (assistant offensive line coach).

Lucky for the Browns, Tretter has past experience with their teachings due to their time in Green Bay. Tretter was with the Packers from 2013-16, which overlapped with Campen’s tenure as offensive line coach.

“It’s almost like I’ve become the Rosette Stone of the group,” Tretter said. “I kind of know what (Campen) and (Blasko) are thinking, having been with them for a while. And I know how the guys interpret it, too, so I’m kind of like the middle-man getting everybody on the same wavelength.”

4. Pads will only make the offensive line stronger.

The Browns will be in pads Saturday for the first time since the end of last season. Multiple players have mentioned how the competition between the offensive and defensive lines will change with pads. Tretter made sure to shoot down some misinformation about pads.

“Yeah, I think it actually makes out jobs easier," he said. "I think you get these D linemen in tight jerseys sweating, and you can’t grab them and you can’t do anything. I think the defensive line has not become aware that it only makes our job easier when we get the pads on. They think they are going to get an advantage tomorrow when the pads come on, but I think we equally think we have the advantage once the pads come on.”

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/07...ee-of-them.html

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Training camp log, Day 2by Scott Petrak July 26, 2019

GETTING SERIOUS: The pads come on for the first time Saturday, which guarantees more intensity and energy at practice.

And extra soreness afterward. The players haven’t worked in pads since the end of last season.

“I am very excited about getting the pads on because the game of football is played with pads,” coach Freddie Kitchens said. “I am looking forward to it and all the things it brings with it.”

Kitchens said there will be full-contact periods but didn’t know if he’d allow tackling to the ground.

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWS OF THE DAY: The kicker competition got cranking with a head-to-head battle near the start of practice. Incumbent Greg Joseph was 4-for-4 from 41, 33, 48 and 51 yards. Rookie fifth-round pick Austin Seibert was 3-for-4, missing wide right from 41. His make from 48 caromed off the left upright.

General manager John Dorsey watched it all from right next to the goalposts.

NEWS OF THE DAY II: Free agent defensive tackle Mike Daniels signed a one-year, $9.1 million deal with the Detroit Lions after visiting the Browns on Thursday.

CAMPER OF THE DAY: The unknown gets the nod over the top draft pick, as undrafted rookie receiver Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi made a couple of more plays than cornerback Greedy Williams, the No. 46 pick.

Sheehy-Guiseppi beat veteran cornerback Terrance Mitchell deep twice in one-on-one drills and made a nice catch on an underthrown ball despite being held by Robert Jackson. Sheehy-Guiseppi, who’s trying to make the team as a kick returner, had one drop but made up for it with several catches.

Williams had two interceptions, including one intended for Odell Beckham Jr. in the end zone.

PLAY OF THE DAY: Tight end David Njoku had three touchdown catches on posts, the third on the final play of practice. The offense won the one-play competition from the 4-yard line, so the defense had to run sprints.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: “It’s almost like I become the Rosetta Stone of the group. So I’m kind of that middle man of getting everybody on the same wavelength.” — Center JC Tretter on interpreting for his linemates the teaching of new line coach James Campen and assistant line coach Jeff Blasko, whom he was with in Green Bay.

SATURDAY’S SCHEDULE: 10 a.m.-noon.

https://www.brownszone.com/2019/07/26/training-camp-log-day-2-2/

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
These guys are special ... were so lucky to have OBJ/VG in their primes with Bake ... and there’s a bunch more its not just those two ....

Dang bro ... one of the WR groups goals should be to be the best blocking group in the league ... not just run blocking .. passing also, help your brother out ...

This could be really special ... really really special ... thumbsup

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
If Higgins is #3 where does that leave Callaway? Hopefully behind the defense for a spectacular big play!

My guess is that Callaway comes on when OBJ needs a breath. Not a bad backup.

My guess is in the end, OBJ and Calloway will be the outside receivers and Landry will be in the slot. Higgins will be the sub for all of those guys and when we go 4 wide.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
An offensive line---more than any other unit on the football field--must work collaboratively and be in sync.

It is my hope that one of the potential RGs establishes himself quickly so this unit has more time to jell.

I think this is especially important due to the new verbiage because we replaced our OL coach.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
If Higgins is #3 where does that leave Callaway? Hopefully behind the defense for a spectacular big play!

My guess is that Callaway comes on when OBJ needs a breath. Not a bad backup.

My guess is in the end, OBJ and Calloway will be the outside receivers and Landry will be in the slot. Higgins will be the sub for all of those guys and when we go 4 wide.

You might be right. However, Freddie made a comment about wanting players to be in the right places and run the right routes. According to Zegura (on the podcast I posted) Calloway has already made two mental errors in the first two days. It is early in camp so Calloway has plenty of time to pass Higgins on the depth chart.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
This is not a complaint directed towards the posters who posted them. In fact, a huge thank you to you guys who post this information for us. I truly appreciate it.

However, this message [if any of them are reading] are for the folks who make these videos, podcasts, etc. I don't want to watch you. I don't want to hear you. Just write your information in an article. I can read it much faster than it takes me to watch all the amateurish delivery on a video or podcast. You are reporters, not actors or stars that anyone wants to listen to or view. Write your damn stories.

I know what you are looking for but I haven't seen any of those reports yet.

As for the podcast,

Freddie said he will run a physical camp.He did not specify how much tackling will be done or if it will be to the ground or not. He also said the NFL keeps great stats for injuries, most of which come within the first 5 practices in camp. Because of this he has some players on pitch counts. They will practice but will get less reps.

Undrafted rookie receiver Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi had a good day as a receiver. They talked about how hard he practices, getting up at 2am to catch balls.

Greedy had two picks, one off of Baker while he was covering OBJ in the endxone.

Someone mentioned Kendall Lamm has had slow feet in pass protection. He was brought in this offseason to compete for a guard position.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for the synopsis. Much appreciated.

I do want to reiterate that I am not complaining about what you guys are posting. You post what is available. I'm just hoping more people feel the way I do and make that known to the media.

Anyway.........thanks again to you guys for keeping us informed. thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I agree that I can read this faster and more efficiently. I want to be listening to the Indians game on the radio and reading these article in-between the action. Can't listen to them and the game at the same time.

If they feel that they have to post a video, how about a written transcript below so those of us who prefer to read can.
And can you dress semi professionally? Jeans with holes? Maybe tuck in a shirt.
Guess I got old when I wasn't looking.

As for the summary, everything they said has been posted here on this board somewhere. The one thing that I am not sure where I read it so not sure if in a thread yet was something about OBJ and VG. For the drill OBJ is alway going first. To show everyone the expectations of how they are expecting things to be done. VG is always going last to sort of police the others and make sure they are doing things correctly and putting in the proper effort. Apparently they came up with this idea on their own. Part of the reasoning is to avoid the controversy of who is going first between the 2 of them.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
If they feel that they have to post a video, how about a written transcript below so those of us who prefer to read can.

Agreed. There are a lot of articles/videos out there like that on other sites. I always pause the video and just read the article. I like your idea of the local dudes having both options.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Greedy is getting used to catching so many int.s from Baker, wonder if they'd use him on offense for one play!

If Damarious Randall thinks the Browns win the Super Bowl,

This is how I see it possible, I see a lot of ball distribution and accuracy on a level in Bakers game that I don't quite know how to say, this is this or it's better than this or anything,

but It reminds me, at least some of, Steve Youngs style, and

I still don't know how he came in and won a SuperBowl when Joe Montana left the Niners, but I remember he did.

If Steve Young won a Super Bowl and I don't know how he did it, it's hypothetically the way I see the Browns chance of at the end of it all, the Browns win it and I just don't know how it happened, but it would follow along the same kind of pattern, I think.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Agreed. There are a lot of articles/videos out there like that on other sites. I always pause the video and just read the article. I like your idea of the local dudes having both options.

People working for newspapers are always wanting to get their face on camera to have tape. All of them are praying they get hired by some television network because newspapers are just about dead. They are all auditioning, fighting for their survival.

Working for a newspaper is a uncomfortable place.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Well, there is an old saying that "he has a face for radio."

Somehow, that phrase came to mind when watching the one video. LOL

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Im not sure I follow your comment/post...

Steve Young was a great quarterback and he was fast. Baker isn't as fleet-footed. I do think there are similarities between the two, but I'm not sure their style of play is the same. The way Young played he was lucky to have a career as long as he did. That guy got beat up, a lot. He was fun to watch. Baker isn't a runner like Young, and that was a large part of his game. Someone like Lamar Jackson could be a Steve Young-type, but I'm not sure Jackson can withstand the beating Young took.

B
Legend
Legend
B
He will never take the beating Young did due to rules changes.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I think it goes beyond that.

I think that a large segment of the public doesn't want to sit down and read an article. Thus the paper gives them video clips. It gives them more clicks.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Baker just went nuts (NSFW) on his receivers for giving up on the play and not getting open when he was forced out of the pocket.

Kirksey turned to the crowd and yelled “that means the defense is looking good.”

Zac Jackson
@akronjackson

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
After rough day overall, first-team offense scores on just three plays during 2-minute drill off this Baker Mayfield-Jarvis Landry TD.

Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
There's only one problem. The Browns main site is a promotion tool of the Browns. It's hard for anyone to imagine they're getting a non bias viewpoint.

That's why it's so much better to get the opinions and views from other sources.

Oh for cryin out loud, the man asked if there were reporters because he hadn't seen anything.... I told him where he could find stuff... Don't make more of it then that.

By the way, most other sites like ESPN and others are really throwing the accolades on the Browns so at this point, it doesn't seem to matter where you get your information, it's all seemingly positive.. Or mostly anyway.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M
This is from Day 2 of TC re: the kicking competition from Zac Jackson....

There’s a kicking competition going on, and after there were no kicks on the first day of camp, incumbent Greg Joseph was up first early in practice Friday. He went 4-for-4, making all of them rather easily. Rookie Austin Seibert missed badly from 41 yards, then made a 48-yarder with the benefit of a fortunate kiss off the left upright. His final kick, a 51-yarder, wasn’t exactly beautiful, but it easily cleared the uprights.

Both Joseph and Seibert have a lot of leg. Both have a lot to prove, so stay tuned.

M
Legend
Legend
M

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
There's only one problem. The Browns main site is a promotion tool of the Browns. It's hard for anyone to imagine they're getting a non bias viewpoint.

That's why it's so much better to get the opinions and views from other sources.

Oh for cryin out loud, the man asked if there were reporters because he hadn't seen anything.... I told him where he could find stuff... Don't make more of it then that.

By the way, most other sites like ESPN and others are really throwing the accolades on the Browns so at this point, it doesn't seem to matter where you get your information, it's all seemingly positive.. Or mostly anyway.

Who peed in your Cherios this morning? lmao

I was just pointing out that the Browns site will always give you a slanted view. One that is bought and paid for. Now if there is something you feel is inaccurate about that, let me know. Otherwise unwad your panties before you sit back down. You'll feel better.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Hmm, Blake Jackson shines today .. you never know? Possible ST/s or gadget type backend WR

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2019 Browns Training Camp

Link Copied to Clipboard