Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Mike Silver probably couldn't wait to write that.... lol.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The coach may end up not being bad, but his coaching up to this point has been bad.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Baker not shaking hands before the game?

I'm embarrassed for him. I'm embarrassed to be a fan.

At least show up and play if you're going to act like a d-bag.

If he wants to act like he's in college, may be the team should treat him like he's in college and bench him for a game.

I'm sorry, but that kind of behavior deserves every butt kicking it gets and all the mock that comes with it.

This team not only embarrassed themselves on the field, they embarrassed their fan base off it.

Legend
Legend
Jc

I can’t even get on IG right now cause the meme game against the browns is brutal. No sports shows for me today.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I agree ... we’ve brought on all of the criticism ourselves with poor coaching, poor playing, and immature/misguided professionalism by our leaders.

Not shaking hands is straight disrespectful IMO ... shows that he’s immature and ignorant

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
Jc

I can’t even get on IG right now cause the meme game against the browns is brutal. No sports shows for me today.
I’ll have to refrain from any sports shows related to the NFL for another week now as well

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
The coach may end up not being bad, but his coaching up to this point has been bad.

I disagree. I thought we saw steady improvement from games 1 to 4. Incremental changes to adjust weaknesses, great game plans. Game 1 I chalked up to an anomaly as many game 1s often are.

But yesterday did not continue that trend. It was a regression, but I don't think it had been bad all year...just the opposite I thought it had been encouraging.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Baker not shaking hands before the game?

I'm embarrassed for him. I'm embarrassed to be a fan.

At least show up and play if you're going to act like a d-bag.

If he wants to act like he's in college, may be the team should treat him like he's in college and bench him for a game.

I'm sorry, but that kind of behavior deserves every butt kicking it gets and all the mock that comes with it.

This team not only embarrassed themselves on the field, they embarrassed their fan base off it.

Here are Sherman's comments for those who have not seen them.

Quote:
"What's amazing, and annoying, was him not shaking hands at the beginning," Sherman said. "That's some college s---. It's ridiculous. We're all trying to get psyched up, but shaking hands with your opponent -- that's NFL etiquette. And when you pull bush league stuff, that's disrespectful to the game. And believe me, that's gonna get us fired up."

"Respect the game," Sherman said, referencing Mayfield's pregame behavior. "You can have rivals, but pay your respect in that moment -- especially when you're young.

"He hasn't earned anything in this league. How many games has he won? He's acting like he was the MVP last year. If (Patrick) Mahomes did that, it would be one thing. But he would never do that, because he has too much respect for the game.

"And when you see a guy who doesn't? You humble him every chance you get. Because eventually, he will have respect for the league -- or he'll be out of it."

Like I've said before. Putting a target on your back is not smart in the NFL.

All Pro
All Pro
I saw a quarterback who just wasn't delivering the goods. He was inaccurate and made some questionable decisions. Most of the points on the board were the direct result of his poor decision making. He needs to fix that. I believe he's going to be a great quarterback some day but right now he's just getting started.

Defense? Some days you're the windshield and some days the bug. I don't really know of many middle of the pack NFL teams who could have done any better against that. The Niners are loaded for bear.

I think one major change that can be done right now and not really have any down side is to start letting the OC call the game. It's time to see what Monken can do. Kitchens needs to spend his time on the ENTIRE team and see to it that they are prepared. He does not need to be calling the offense. If Kitchens can't adjust to that reality of NFL life then I doubt he's the answer in the long haul.

No coach firings, no panic trades, the Team just needs to get it's mind right.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
Legend
Legend
Exactly, you’re going up against MEN with their livelihood on the line ... no need to put a target on your back for no reason. It’s just not a good look either

Legend
Legend
wonder who Mayfield will tick off against the seahawks.

you know Clowney is waiting to have a destructive game with his new team.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That's fair. We just see it differently. To have a game like that in week 5 is awful. Callaway shouldn't have been playing, he was atrocious. OBJ returning a punt late in a 28-3 game? Atrocious.

After the first play of the game, we never had a shot. We were not a very well coached team last night. Starting to wonder if the coaches are in over their head.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Our coaches are definitely in over their heads ... Shanny and his staff legit dominated us last night. It was like we were a puppet and they were the puppet master.

In terms of OBJ ... I’m not sure why, but there’s just no chemistry or ability to get him the ball as a WR

R
Legend
Legend
R
If people are expecting Freddie to be perfect with no mistakes, then they are going to be seriously disappointed.

It's what they learn from the mistakes. I'm sticking by what I said before this game...I think Freddie has this team on the right track but we may not notice it until the end of the year. I think there's a method to his madness.

Yesterday was a regression for sure but if he does what I think he's going to do...believe in himself and stay the course...not get too high or too low...I think we will see it pay dividends.

Something else that people are making too much of...just because he's never been a coordinator before doesn't mean he can't be a good head coach. You're either a leader or you're not. But even leaders aren't perfect and will make mistakes.

Legend
Legend
BM,
Make all the commercials you can while you can. Just awful to watch what you are doing to hurt us. I recommend Vitamin P (Pine) for folks who just can't get their head ready for games and produce. Sit until you can play. I think Monken needs a shot at calling plays. Keep Callaway off the field.

Eliminate or solve one or two mistakes this week. Try throwing to an open receiver. Fix these tall ball passes that seem to be all you can manage which are not accurate.

We expect better. One way or another.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The offensive scheme is just horrific. The receivers never line up correctly, they have no idea where they are even supposed to lineup how can I trust they have any idea where they are supposed to be in their routes? We spend either a timeout or get flagged on nearly every single drive for lining up incorrectly. The flood concepts almost ALWAYS look awful, no one is open, the receivers aren't at the correct depths.

Baker is constantly confused, he has not only not gotten better he is regressing. There is no excuse for not throwing the ball away and turning it over at this clip.

Your offensive line is struggling and has been all season, so you go empty on a whole lot of plays early......makes absolutely no sense.

At least 4 QB hits in the first half, they had a freaking tight end 1on1 versus Nick Bosa. You have to be a complete moron to scheme that up more than once after he annihilated the TE the first time.

The coaching is horrific, these players are not put in a position to succeed, they are confused, top to bottom. I knew there would be rookie HC growing pains but this is flat out stubborn ignorance.

Legend
Legend
Problem is, by the end of the year when we’re finally good the year is over haha

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm not advocating for Kitchens to be fired. I think he could be a very good HC, but he has a long way to go. Perhaps it was too soon for the young Kitchens. I feel like we've been outcoached in most our games this year, even one of the wins... however, our talent is keeping us in games and sometimes that's producing wins, but the coaching needs to get better in a hurry.

Legend
Legend
Pat Thorman
@Pat_Thorman
Baker Mayfield (66) and Lamar Jackson (67) have faced pressure on a similar number of dropbacks.
However their passer rating while under pressure is not similar.

LJ: 99.0
BM: 22.3

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
In defense of the Oline, Baker has been part of the problem.

We weren't playing as a team and Freddie said it best when he said they have to do a better job coaching these guys.

Baker has been a part of the problem, no doubt about that, but our tackles have been downright embarrassing. I don't feel like Baker has much confidence in the overall line play and I cannot blame him.

Kitchens has been flat out bad so far. I'm beginning to think Monkon calling plays might not be a bad idea.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
CLEVELAND BROWNS
Baker Mayfield had two interceptions in the first half. The first was caused by Richard Sherman making a nice play, and the second was no fault of Mayfield’s as his pass bounced off Antonio Calloway and into K’Waun Williams’ hands. Mayfield also lost a fumble on a scramble and had another fumble recovered by his teammate.

Odell Beckham Jr. dropped a first-quarter screen and fumbled a fourth-quarter punt. Beckham’s only really productive play on the night was catching a 20-yard out route underneath Sherman, who seemed more than happy to stay over the top and let Beckham have the catch.

Cleveland’s defense didn’t play with much energy and was unable to control their gaps in the run game. The unit allowed 275 rushing yards with a large bulk of the damage done by Brieda and Coleman.

Cleveland didn’t play very good coverage, either. Linebacker Joe Schobert, who was responsible for Kittle’s 22-yard touchdown, was particularly poor in coverage throughout the night.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-5-pff-refocused-san-francisco-49ers-31-cleveland-browns-3

Tackles are tackles.
L
Legend
Legend
L
need to speed the game up for baker..When he has to think he falters..run the 2 minute or no huddle to establish rhythm. When you watch the game back and focus on the WR and the routes, we almost run nothing crossing the middle of the field. We dont run rub routes or pick plays to get guys open..not sure why, just about every NFL does this. Theres just so much broke right now, problem with bad coaching, they've spent all offseason with bad coaching and now magically its supposed to get better. I'd seriously consider getting rid of Lindley and getting a real Qb coach in here. Zampese is available

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
First half comedy of errors on offense. Niners controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Another wake up call.

We beat the Seahawks at home next week and go 3-3 we are still good to go. How many of you picked Browns to win back to back road games at Baltimore and SF at the start of the season? Next week is very big though.

Legend
Legend
Ive seen a few ppl mention it, but where has the no-huddle gone? We ran it to perfection at times and we rarely employ it

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
We get the 9ers after their bye week and we travel to THEM. We get the Seahawks after they have a week-and-a-half to prepare - and while they must come to US - we have the short Mon-Sun week AND have a travel day to boot. Rookie HC...new Asst Coaches all around...new schemes...scheduling BS. You can't make this stuff up.

Our OL is bad. We have a C and a LG (who got abused at times last night) and the rest are simply below average. Baker had confidence in his OL last year...and it showed. Baker does not now have confidence in his OL...and it shows.

Our DL is crazy-ridiculous overrated. The middle is way too soft and the edges couldn't get on the 6th Rd rookie LT. Myles needs to step up his game or stop proclaiming his DPOY desires.

I'd sure like to undo the part of the trade that lost Zeitler...regardless of any other player we may lose/gain if we could get in that time machine.

I read again where Freddie thinks he may be asking too much of these guys. Really? You think? Hey Freddie...quit saying it and start doing it. That comment stinks of a coaching staff/plan to have the team do what the Coaches want to see rather than what they are actually capable of doing. The very thing that made FK successful last year. banghead

The game ended when Callaway handed the ball to the 9ers rather than scoring a TD. Calling that a deflection is so inaccurate that it's a borderline lie. A TD there and we get a breath and the 9ers have to respect the O a little...instead...they continued to lay their ears back and come after us. We never recovered.

Where did our TEs go last night? FK outsmarting himself? (And no...I do not want him fired or on any hot seat of any kind.)

Our 4-2 defense can't stop the run...maybe a real LB in a 4-3 would be appropriate at times?

What a huge disappointment that game was...equal to the opener.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
The team quit on Kitchens... again......

Team never quit on Hue...

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/10...-the-49ers.html

Read the pre draft scouting reports...they said Bake had difficulty reading coverage pre/post snap and NFL defenses would force him to play in the pocket. Dorsey took Baker over Darnold, took tiny frail DWard over the field (and BChubb) at pick 4, and took Corbett over stud G Will Hernandez with the first pick in round 2. Traded stud G Zeitler for invisible overpaid castoff Vernon. THAT is what I am worried about. Yet nobody (nobody) ever questions Dorsey.

Nuff said.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I'm sure he meant "couldn't." I'm guessing he was weary.

I know. I could care less is one of the most common mistakes in our language. I wasn't nagging him. I see people say that all the time and every once in a while I reply back as I did this morning. Maybe I should have added a wink at the end of that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Our team would look much different if we had Darnold, Chubb, Chubb, Hernandez ... wow

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The 49ers are a bad team to fall behind. Their DL is stacked.

I think that played into Freddie's decision to receive the opening kick.

We started the game giving Chubb the ball early and often. Once we fell behind, they didn't have to worry as much about giving up plays and just tee'd off on Baker.

Callaway's bobbled TD turned pick was the tipping point.

If he'd caught it, things could have very well turned out differently.

I'm still concerned, but how they respond will determine a lot.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I wonder how everyone other than Baker being blamed for what's wrong w/the team is going to play in the locker room?

Back in the day, players could just not read the paper or listen to talk radio, but all of these young guys are on social media and are going to learn how one player is being protected and they are taking the blame.

I can tell you first hand that that crap does not fly well in locker rooms.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It's one game - yes it was atrocious but it's WAY too early to freak out. These guys are still learning: Coaches, players, everybody. The OL is not exactly NFL caliber at tackle. This affects what can effectively be done in terms of game planning. You can't run on the edge (not sure why they are trying). You can't really throw deep because the QB doesn't have the time. Freddie is in over his head right now and we all know it. It's tough learning on the job at this level. Hang in there. Works needs to be done. Attention to detail needs to be raised. On to Seattle. Have a good week everyone.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Legend
Legend
Players don’t just read social media, they’re downright obsessed with it (most of them anyways) ... it’s their way of life. To be bashed on social media is a huge hit to their ego. Baker has probably read a lot of what has been said (and that goes for OBJ, Landry, etc)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I wonder how everyone other than Baker being blamed for what's wrong w/the team is going to play in the locker room?

Back in the day, players could just not read the paper or listen to talk radio, but all of these young guys are on social media and are going to learn how one player is being protected and they are taking the blame.

I can tell you first hand that that crap does not fly well in locker rooms.

Baker's getting blasted practically everywhere. I'm not sure how you are seeing otherwise.

Booger must have mentioned 1-read QB 20 times during the broadcast. The first time when it showed Baker throwing to his second read, no less.

Hopefully, they can rally together.

There is plenty of blame to go around. They all need to do better. Baker included.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Starting with Baker, he's not the same quarterback from last year. He has definitely regressed. How much of that is coaching and how much of that is due to the line I don't know. Add to that I think not shaking hands before the game is bush League just like Richard Sherman said.

With that said, anyone quoting how long Baker held the ball for to suggest that baker has plenty of time it's not watching the game. The 49ers had penetration and will collapse in the pocket instantly, Baker was under pressure as soon as the ball was snapped.

Then finally as has been mentioned, they seem to be very few plays where there is an outlet receiver for Baker to dump the ball off to. I will say that in week 1, Baker was ignoring wide open receivers underneath all game. Against the 49ers we did not seem to have receivers open full Beaker to throw the ball to. I was watching in a ball but it even seemed that they showed replays of our wide receivers being covered up.

Last point and probably the most important point. we were outcoached. Not by a little .... we were taken out behind wood pile and given a bloody beating. Lack of preparation, lacck of offensive game plan, execution and tragic play calling.... I said this last night and I saw somebody else make the point today, kitchens is coaching and calling plays like he's smarter than anyone else. Just look at the first offensive Play We called, which was a gadget Play. Their first play was a base zone run and it went for a touchdown.

I absolutely wanted Gregg Williams as head coach. the two things corrected as soon as he became interim head coach, was instill discipline and have the team prepared. I am happy to continue to support Freddy oh, he's got to learn and continue to show progressions though.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Voice to text sorry for any inaccuracies

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 3 49ers 31 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard