Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: SunDawg
Too many turnovers...
Too many penalties...
Too many questionable offensive play calls...
Too many missed tackles...
A Defense that still can't stop the run...
Poor clock management at end of first half...
Bakers timing still off with receivers...(guess sitting out ALL preseason is paying dividends now)...

We don't know how to win...
Never liked the coaching changes...Dorsey has to take some responsibility for this. He took a staff that had this team playing disciplined football at end of 2018...jettisoned the staff for an unknown flash in the pan...maybe next year people...maybe...

What makes you think it was Dorseys decision and not the Haslems?
Dorsey was hired by the Haslems, and the coaches were hired by the Haslems,
and the Haslems hired Haley, Hue, Sashi, Depodesta, and all the others that don't come to mind.

Just don't see how you can think Dorsey had the final say when it seems if the Haslems didn't agree they just would have gotten rid of any or all of them Dorsey included, just don't see how it wasn't the Haslems with the final call.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
myka #1678288 10/13/19 05:11 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: myka
Originally Posted By: HewDawg
I’m a tired fan. Tired of this thread. Tired of the same old crap every season. Doesn’t matter who fields this team, who coaches, who is the owner. It’s the same.....thing... I’ve never been so close to giving up and burning everything I own in the brown and orange. I want to give up. For my sanity and personal health. Tired of being angry every week due to dangled hope on the field, just to be crushed by either bad performance, referees, or coaching. I freaking hate my parents for passing on this purgatory to me. It’s a weekly misery during the fall that comes annually and has no sight of changing.

I feel you! Don't give up til after the season though, because our division stinks and right now we are playing high profile QBs on highly marketable teams.

If we play the exact same game we played today it's a win VS the Bills, Broncos, Cardinals, Dolphins, Steelers and Ravens, which just so happens to be the remainder of our schedule after NE.

Even with these botched losses we could still end up 9-7 which may be good enough to win a weak division.
sorry bro, you don’t win against anyone turning the ball over like we do. Not on the nfl.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Too many turnovers...
Too many penalties...
Bakers timing still off with receivers...(guess sitting out ALL preseason is paying dividends now)...

Never liked the coaching changes...Dorsey has to take some responsibility for this. He took a staff that had this team playing disciplined football at end of 2018...jettisoned the staff for an unknown flash in the pan...maybe next year people...maybe...

and the Haslems hired Haley, Hue, Sashi, Depodesta, and all the others that don't come to mind.

Just don't see how you can think Dorsey had the final say when it seems if the Haslems didn't agree they just would have gotten rid of any or all of them Dorsey included, just don't see how it wasn't the Haslems with the final call.
it was widely reported John Dorsey was given the ability to hire the HC without interference from the Haslams.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Problem with letting Freddie learn on the job is this team is built to win now and soon we will be handing out some contracts that will hurt. I don't see the talent some are saying.. I'm seeing not alot of heart or leadership..particularly on the defense. Shouldn't have hired freddie to begin with. Just about any of the others we interviewed would have been better options

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend

For the life of me I can not understand the thinking before the end of the half??

I mean call a time out. Get the offensive unit together and tell them this is what we are going to do.

We are going to run the ball. Eat clock. And worse case kick a field goal.

Employ a jumbo package and run. Then do it again and sweep.

There is no way that what took place should have happened.

It was dejavu all over again. I mean learn from mistakes.

That point swing was the game.

They came to play. Had a great plan. Then made mental errors that at this stage is inexcusable.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Penalties,turnovers,blocked punts.All are hallmarks of a poorly coached team.
I've seen more than my share of piss-poor crap football.I'm bailing on this season.
Maybe next year.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
-Morgan Burnett and Whitehead were awful...blown plays, penalties, and whiffs on tackles

-Eric Murray...This guy is bad, I'd take Ogbah as a rotation end vs him seeing the field

-LB's its odd, but with this lame 4-2-5 I can never tell if our LBs are playing good or not...Saw single LB looks several times as well.

-Most over-rated DLine considering the talent and money spent

-Myles flashed several times, had another penalty...then again flashed more...Still has no control of his gap in the run game...Ogi had an iffy penalty, Vernon had one good presure, but then helped force a fumble...Saw Sheldon make one play, he gets neutralized really easy, well then again so does everyone.

-So we activated Higgins, but didn't play him...Ratley was inactive as was Tawyon Taylor whom we traded for...So we only had OBJ, Landry, Calloway?

-Calloway...sigh

-Landry...stop having him return punts, he gets injured then we are screwed. Block call was absurd.

-OBJ man someone mentioned the Braylon Edwards comp...Dropped some passes, but made some difficult routes...seems to get annoyed and gears away if you play physical with him...but made some good grabs

-RSJ-this guy has severe issues blocking...Brown blows as well

-Chubb...our offense has to feature him more, probably our best player...Though the fumble on the screen hurt...must protect the ball.

-Baker...finally got to see him run, and then sneaking got him banged up...A lot of those turnovers are on his WRS...and trust me I'm hard on Baker, yes the passes could have been ideally perfectly placed. But trust me off passes happen all the time, when the receiver drops them and they are picked off....then thats when they are magnified severely.

-Oline played much better than last week...Our lineman suck at moving though...horrible movement on pulls and screens.

-Coaching...F all around...D just sat around all day, what happened to this attack D? Freddie had a flurry of blunders...and that horrible goal line sequence...

L
Legend
Legend
L
I'll wait while some of you decide whether you're gonna leap off that ledge.....

Few thoughts:

* Freddy's clock-management at end of first half was brutal. He gifted them 7 points. I'm not giving up on him, but I said even before we gave him the HC gig that we'd be better off keeping GW as head coach, and keep Freddy as OC.
* For the most part, Baker threw the ball well today, I know he had three picks but not one of them was his fault. I don't care if anyone disagrees with me - I'm not blind.

* Wilson is so fluid when throwing on the run. Deadly.

* We are not a finished product, everybody has take a deep breath and get some perspective.

* Overall, we actually played well against a well-oiled Seattle team, hung in there with them.

* the penalty on Landry still ticks me off, but we had the lead in the fourth quarter and couldn't stop them. I'm not going to blame the refs for this loss.

* the offensive line played well today.

* Too many penalties.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: bonefish

For the life of me I can not understand the thinking before the end of the half??

I mean call a time out. Get the offensive unit together and tell them this is what we are going to do.

They came to play. Had a great plan. Then made mental errors that at this stage is inexcusable.

Couldn't agree more. I posted something similar as well.

E
Legend
Legend
E
New Flash for people who expect an explanation: Freddie will always have an excuse. Do you really think he is gonna say he sucks? LOL that is what the FO is for when they give him his pink slip.

No Craps Given
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Int in the endzone.

OBJ and others dropping passes.

Penalties, some which were beyond questionable. Jarvis blocks a guy running straight at him, and it is crack back?

Freddie throwing a challenge flag and taking enough points off the board that could have had us winning.

This defense can't hold a lead. Everytime we score the opponents drive the field for a TD.

The horsecollar was BS. They tried to say he grabbed the nameplate, but when the video stops as he is saying it, his hand is clearly below the name.

I thought Baker played well for the most part, early in the game drops killed a couple drives. His INTS are killing us, but today I put it on the recievers.

Piss poor clock management before the half, only to lead to the defense allowing them to drive the field with little resistance.

People mentioning the back half of the schedule are delirious. This team can lose to anybody, just as they have the ability to beat anybody.

Same old Browns is all I can say. I was optimistic before the season, but now I have no reason to believe they can beat anybody. I just do what I've been doing for the last 30 years, expect a loss and hope for at least a .500 record in the end.

The factory of sadness is alive and well.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Too many turnovers...
Too many penalties...

He is the GM, and that is his job, no?

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Once again playing a team with backup Oline in more than one spot, and our vaunted Dline can't stop the run. Carrie is one of the worst tackling DBs I ever saw.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
All I hear from everyone is "The game should be run through Nick Chubb"...yet we refuse to. Is it an ego thing? I just don't get it.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DaveyD
All I hear from everyone is "The game should be run through Nick Chubb"...yet we refuse to. Is it an ego thing? I just don't get it.

We all see it I guess Freddy doesn't ???

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
B
1st String
1st String
B
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but I believe the turning point in the game was the inability by the coach or the QB to manage the clock at the end of the first half. A 10 year old would know better. Not only did they not milk the clock, they rushed the play, Baker threw a bad ball, and with the time left on the clock it was the difference between 27-12 and 20-18. I don't mind losing; I just hate losing by being dumb.

I've also never seen so many interceptions over just a few games span that hit the receivers hands. It's like a case of really bad luck.

On a positive note, I know those that are upset won't want to hear that but this was the good Baker from last year for 90% of the game. I think that's a positive sign moving forward.

I agree, I don't think Baker was awful or to blame for this loss, it was turnovers, but those INT's were on the WR's not Baker, the ball hit them in both hands, a PRO WR should make the catch, getting paid MILLIONS of dollars so I guess it just doesn't matter. They look like Dropcut v2.0

Good point about clock management, that has been an issue for a long time with many different Browns teams and regimes.

I thiink Freddie and Baker are young, they have time to learn, grow, and get better, it takes time. Bellicheck did not start out a SB winning coach. However, Dorsey might feel differently, and I could not blame him, if this same crap is happening this time next season.

I still think the trade of Zeitler for Vernon was a mistake, not that it's really cost us any games, but it hasn't helped win us any either and I think Zeitler would helop our OL better than Vernon has helped our D. JMO

E
Legend
Legend
E
Looking forward...

We might limp into the playoffs given how weak our division is, but then we will be destroyed.

But, I am QUITE SURE Dorsey will be looking to replace our incompetant coaches.

Our team has a lot of talent and is built to win now.

Logically he will want very experienced coaches who can help us win now.

Not rookie coaches learning slowly and stinking.

So I expect an upheaval in the offseason.

Given the talent on our team, we should have our choice of coaches.

No Craps Given
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

That's what so maddening to me. The whole Football Universe see it except for the guy calling the plays, which will hopefully stop after the Bye Week.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
P
Legend
Legend
P
If the Browns losing wasn't bad enough check out the new NCAA polls LSU Jumped OSU in both polls lol SEC Bias at its best!!!

Last edited by PastorMarc; 10/13/19 05:31 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Failure just seems so deeply ingrained into the culture of this team. If we need a win, we'll turn it over inexplicably until we lose. If it looks like we're turning it around, the coach will turn into a bumbling idiot. If we add a boatload of talent the QB will look inept and the talented players will not be able to function at a high level. If we get the best coach in the world, the owner will move the team. If things are going our way and there's a chance we'll win, the refs will manufacture phantom calls, and not call blatant penalties on the other teams to make sure we have no chance. If I believed in curses I would swear we are cursed. It's just so pathetic how we manage to screw up and get screwed in so many ways, all the time. And I swear it started with Red Right 88. Since that ill-fated day, nothing has gone right, even the best of seasons ended with inept tragedy. Now, it's a constant state of affairs. Nothing ever goes right. Ever. I feel that if we were to turn it around and have a good season, we would $#!% the bed in the playoffs because that's just who this team is, and how it will always go. It is simply unbelievable how deep and long and wide the losing goes.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
B
1st String
1st String
B

Did you hear Freddie's presser theothe day, he said it himself, "You can't win in this league if you don't get chunk plays." He was referring to the passing game more than the run.

Although, if we run Chubb more, and we still don't win, then ppl will be saying we run the ball too much. So really, the offense needs to be balanced but at the very least, you need to do whatever it takes to win. We were up 20-6, and we FAILED to completely takeover the game and find a way to win.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I don't think any coaches get fired.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If the Browns losing wasn't bad enough check out the new NCAA polls LSU Jumped OSU in both polls lol SEC Bias at its best!!!

#5 beat #7. It's not a shocker. Have we even played a #10 or better yet?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
- We have the worst HC in the NFL right now. He may get better, but he’s not even close to a competent coach right now. Constantly screaming at officials instead of strategizing, poor challenges, poor clock management, etc. It’s sad.

- Refs are ruining the NFL.

- Chubb is good.

- OBJ is all flash but doesn’t produce any WINS

- Our OL probably had its best day of the year .. great pass pro all day

- Secondary = trash ... it’s the first real game I felt Ward/Greedy’s absence really hurt us

- DL quite overrated ... what happened to this being a dominating unit? Vernon is invisible.

- Landry was basically invisible as well, as was Higgins ... why even dress him?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
I don't think any coaches get fired.

They deserve to be fired.

Their strategies suck and cost us, game after game.

Why build a team to win now, and have some noob coaches who wont have the skills to win until 5 years from now. It doesnt fit Dorseys vision.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
if Baker Keeps throwing back shoulder passes to tons of different WR's and they are turning into picks...

whose fault is it?

there are trends and not blips of bad luck.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
1st String
1st String
B

Well, LSU beat ranked 7 Florida, I don't think the Buckeyes have beaten a top 10 ranked team yet?

R
Legend
Legend
R
How are we built to win now? No one on the team has ever won anything, coaches or players.

Legend
Legend
I also think Baker is hurting more than he’s leading on, even before today’s game. In all honesty, this has been a disastrous start to the year. About as bad as it could be ... and I’m going to predict that we will be 2-5, then 2-6, then 2-7 ... headed into the Pittsburgh TNF game

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
How are we built to win now? No one on the team has ever won anything, coaches or players.

Have you seen our roster? In denial much?

No Craps Given
R
Legend
Legend
R
I would love to spend a Festivus with your family.

Am I invited?

The airing of the grievances must be a spectacular site.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Oh SO the Baker Apologists are out. The reason our WRs and backs drop balls is because Baker throws behind them. Two of the intercepted passes were because BAKER is throwing behind them all the time. The Landry pass in the end zone was a classic Baker throwing behind the receiver to the point the DB tipped the ball off of Landry's shoulder!!!! Face it, Baker has not been accurate at all this year. And Freddy is calling for him to pass when we should be running.

Legend
Legend
I would love to spend a Festivus with your family.

Am I invited?

The airing of the grievances must be a spectacular site.
I mean, at this point I’m going to say that I’m not being negative as much as I’m being realistic. We simply are a losing team still, except this year we have a horrific HC and a 2nd year QB who’s slumping

T
Legend
Legend
T
I liked Pettine and Farmer, sigh, I know some story about the number of "football" guys increased when they changed...

I can't think of anything that's clearly improved from 2014.

This would have been Pettine and Farmers 7th year or so.

Try and think of 4 players that showed noticeable improvement and development while on the Browns since 1999, but don't include undrafted free agents, it's not that easy.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I always liked Pettine. I would be ok with giving him another chance at HC.

No Craps Given
R
Legend
Legend
R
Then stop watching. You're obviously driving yourself crazy. Life's too short bud.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, you’re probably right haha ... you’re wiser than I

R
Legend
Legend
R
I still want to be invited to Festivus.

Legend
Legend
I still want to be invited to Festivus.
Dec 23 you’re there thumbsup

B
1st String
1st String
B
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
- We have the worst HC in the NFL right now. He may get better, but he’s not even close to a competent coach right now. Constantly screaming at officials instead of strategizing, poor challenges, poor clock management, etc. It’s sad.

- Refs are ruining the NFL.

- Chubb is good.

- OBJ is all flash but doesn’t produce any WINS

- Our OL probably had its best day of the year .. great pass pro all day

- Secondary = trash ... it’s the first real game I felt Ward/Greedy’s absence really hurt us

- DL quite overrated ... what happened to this being a dominating unit? Vernon is invisible.

- Landry was basically invisible as well, as was Higgins ... why even dress him?

You're right about the refs, they suck. However, Freddie screaming at them is sort of warranted and understandable. lol

Hollywood Higgins can go to Hollywood, he's done nothing.

As for the secondary being trash, I'm not sure that's the case, I think it's a matter of Wilson being a mobile QB and can extend plays, by doint so, it ensures that a WR will come open at some point, you can't contain wR's forever (unless you are a Browns WR then you can't get open.)

As for OBJ, true he's not been much in the stat dept. but he has provided a lot of coverage which has allowed others to be open, at least most of thetime, however, I'm now thinking we should have used two firsts to get Khalil Mack, as it's pressure on these QB's we need, and only Garrett is getting any of that and it's not qutie enough. We also shoudl have kept Zeitler.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 28 Seahawks 32 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard