Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Im more pissed with the defense than I am with offense.. Yea we could score more but darn, we always seem to give up the big plays and have the WORST tackling I've seen in years. Not happy with the DC at all with some of the play calling.. Maybe thats Kitchens or Bakers fault too.

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wonder how long before Progressive pulls the Baker commercials or cut ties with him completely.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Baker Mayfield didn't lose the game today. People trashing him in here are just furthering an agenda. Was he great? No. Did he miss a handful of open shots. Yes. Was he the reason we lost? Not even close. 64% completion against a very good D. But whatever.

Granted, coaching matters in the NFL and there is enough blame to go around starting with Freddie. I would say Freddie, Wilks, the defense showing a lot of quit, and Baker are all culprits.

But Baker doesn't know what he is doing or how to play professional QB at a level you would expect from the first overall pick. Freddie, Wilks, and the D aside, he's just not very good right now. There's no reason for everything on the offense to be so frenetic if Baker has an idea of what to do both post and pre snap. But he's really struggling doing that. He's shown almost no improvement since the start of the season. I think it's fair to start getting concerned.

I also mentioned before the game we will see what the this team thinks of its captain. The defense completely rolled over today. They didn't rally around Baker after he was the target of the media for more ill advised antics.

I think that may be more damning than his play.

I am tired of your stale crap. Baker wasn't the problem today. Just give it up.

I am saying that respectfully.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R

I also mentioned before the game we will see what the this team thinks of its captain. The defense completely rolled over today. They didn't rally around Baker after he was the target of the media for more ill advised antics.

No agenda here folks - but you heard it right - It's Baker's fault that the D stunk today.

Awesome and very balanced take.

Actually that's not what I said. I'm not blaming Baker for the defense playing poorly. I think they played poorly because they are poorly coached and largely made up of players who don't care about winning.

But I was hoping the team would show some fight today and support for their QB who took a beating in the media this week. I didn't see that.

I would also counter argue that your takes are extremely unbalanced. You don't like to assign any blame to Baker.

G
Rookie
Rookie
G
j/c

Postgame thoughts:
1) We should have kicked the field goal on the 4th and 1 QB sneak.
2) I think it was a bad spot on Baker's sneak, but we should have kicked a field goal.
3) If we had kicked a field goal on the 4th and 1, we could have kicked another on the final 4th down for a one point lead...especially with our kicker who was 4 for 4 today and hasn't missed this year.
4) Since we didn't kick field goals when we should have and put ourselves in a must-covert game-on-the-line 4th down, Baker should have known before the snap to throw to OBJ if he was single covered (he was).
5)Our Defense was a let down.
6) Garrett should have squeezed that int.
7) The season is basically over and Baker is worse now than he was at the end of last season.
8) Why are we completely inept in the redzone this year after being great there last year?
9) How bad in Vernon's injury?

Kizer rhymes with Kosar.
R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm not going to give up anything Peen. Other than this board as I'm starting to lose interest in the Browns.

The guy we drafted to be the franchise QB had another chance to put the team on his shoulders and deliver a victory. One and a half seasons worth of games and he can't beat anyone of note. He failed again.

Winning is all that matters, not completion percentage through 3.5 quarters.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
lmao Whitehead just melted down on twitter, I can't even repeat here what I just read. He'll be cut tomorrow morning.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

You want my opinion? Nah, nobody asked for it but here you go anyway.

Baker Mayfield is a wannabe, scrub NFL QB. He's a one-read gimmick QB. He is Johnny Manziel 2.0 with a better arm (minus the alcohol abuse) - but punk-ass attitude included.

I quit REALLY caring what happened to this franchise the day they drafted Manziel. I re-affirmed my lack of caring the day we drafted Mayfield. He is a bust.

Last year he played really well. Well beyond what I ever thought he could. But - he had an offense that was REALLY dumbed down for him and he was playing with zero pressure since the season was over before he took the field. People drank the kool-aid. I didn't. This year he's been exposed for what he really is.

Lord Dorsey, king of the cud chewers and God who can do no wrong, drafted him. Oops.

Freddie Kitchens can't coach his way out of a paper bag. He deserves to be fired tonight. Before the plane lands. He won't be.

Lord Dorsey, king of the cud chewers and God who can do no wrong, hired him. Oops.

OBJ is an incredible WR. He's also an insane prima donna who cares more about his shoes and watches than winning games as long as he gets his highlight catches. Wide receiver is also possibly the LEAST important/impactful position on the football field except for long snapper. Literally. It doesn't matter how good or bad you are - the only way you're successful is if a) the OLine blocks well AND b) the coach schemes a good route tree and progression AND c) the QB can read the D and find the correct place to throw the football. If a through c don't happen, you can put a blind squirrel or Jerry Rice at WR and it doesn't matter. THIS is why you never ever EVER build your O around WR's or pay them big $$$. Yes, to be fair, our WR corps was horrible under Sashi and needed upgraded. To be fair, you have to have guys who are physically athletic enough to play WR in the NFL (i.e. run routes and get a step on guys) - but that's not hard to find. You also have to have guys with good enough hands to catch the football. This is slightly harder to find - but you can have a winning team with a bunch of "C" WR's. You don't have to have a bunch of "A" all-pro
type guys. Give me guys who can catch and block with enough athleticism and work hard/are smart to read D - and you'll have a winning WR corps.

Lord Dorsey, king of the cud chewers and God who can do no wrong, traded for OBJ. We didn't NEED him. Oops.

The REAL problem is, we have a joke of an owner in Jimmah Haslam who couldn't run a football team or hire a proper front office if given 100 lifetimes. And he hired Lord Dorsey, king of the cud chewers and God who can do no wrong.

Let's start with firing Dorsey.

It will never happen.

This team will continue to be a steaming pile. Rinse and repeat.

A real FO realizes that the NFL comes down to this. A coach and QB. We have neither, but the bigger problem is our FO (IMO) doesn't realize it. But...nobody dares question Lord Dorsey.

Have fun guys.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm not going to give up anything Peen. Other than this board as I'm starting to lose interest in the Browns.

What are you talking about?? If it were not for this board you would have absolutely NO LIFE since you are on here 24-7.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Gotta cut Whitehead asap please

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Baker Mayfield didn't lose the game today. People trashing him in here are just furthering an agenda. Was he great? No. Did he miss a handful of open shots. Yes. Was he the reason we lost? Not even close. 64% completion against a very good D. But whatever.

Granted, coaching matters in the NFL and there is enough blame to go around starting with Freddie. I would say Freddie, Wilks, the defense showing a lot of quit, and Baker are all culprits.

But Baker doesn't know what he is doing or how to play professional QB at a level you would expect from the first overall pick. Freddie, Wilks, and the D aside, he's just not very good right now. There's no reason for everything on the offense to be so frenetic if Baker has an idea of what to do both post and pre snap. But he's really struggling doing that. He's shown almost no improvement since the start of the season. I think it's fair to start getting concerned.

+1 ... don't get why people become so personnal, nobody is here wanting Baker to fail.

He is just very limited. He's missing plays, he's not seing D miss matches, he's not seeing uncoverd defenders.

He can't just be there and execute the play, he's the heart and sould of the O, and he is actually dragging the O, not making it better.

I disagree with you here. I think you and KOB want Baker to fail. I actually think you guys take great joy in it.

M
Legend
Legend
M
You wrote a paragraph siting Baker and the defense and how they would respond and play for him.... Your implication, inference, taint is 100% connecting Baker and augg sting that somehow the D's play is connected to Baker.

You can't write that sentence and then feign you didn't connect the two things.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
B
1st String
1st String
B
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Eh, I'm not in meltdown mode because I saw a few games ago that FK is completely incompetant as a head coach. And if Monken is designing those plays then he needs to go also. I've also changed opinions on Wilks as he has an inability to ever bring the heat. He hardly ever blitzes and that should have been the gameplan tonight.

These coaches are idiots and all need fired.

Our talent is fine. Baker is fine. They would all play better with better coaching and schemes.

Also, can we please get an OL.

Last season was fool's gold, and I feel Dorsey will get some good coaches next season.

Baker is only fine, that is one of the major problems... We need a QB with a good grasp of teh game, and Baker isn't it.

Reading the D and making adjustments, he has to do it... so many blunders...

He's the best QB we have had since Bernie, and he is the best we will draft for a long time.

We need coaches who can scheme towards our strengths. Our coaches suck and help nobody. Higgins barely even played. Where was SJ all game?

I agree with Eve, Baker is not the complete problem, does he have issues, yes, but Eve is also right to say that coaching is a BIG part of those issues.

Dorsey is one of the better talent finders we've had, just needs to find better coaching and not trade away good OL, like Zeitler. We need to find LT and RT. That's two thing s that will help a lot.

The defense could also benefit from proper coaching, specifically, how to tackle.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I really don't know what to say......I thought the Browns were "meh". Nothing overwhelmingly bad, nothing overwhelming good.

- Mack Wilson flashed at times.
- Ogunjobi flashed at times.
- Myles Garrett was around the ball, I guess.
- Beckham & Landry dropped passes. The shoe situation is a joke.
- Schobert was consistently good, even forcing a fumble.
- I thought the line was very good at times, other times, not so much.
- Hubbard is a joke.
- Whitehead is bad and then made a racial slur against a media member. I'm guessing he is cut.
- Baker wasn't bad, but not great either.
- Chubb is the workhorse and I'm glad we have him.

Bottom line, I think this team might have checked out for season. Today's game didn't really present any glaring issues to me, but it didn't really rectify anything either, outside perhaps the penalties.

I think the season is over. Thank goodness we didn't trade any significant picks before the deadline.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Whitehead has lost what little mind he had.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
lmao Whitehead just melted down on twitter, I can't even repeat here what I just read. He'll be cut tomorrow morning.

If he isn't, it speaks even MORE about how completely in over his head and unable to control the team Freddie is.

If Whitehead isn't cut tomorrow, Freddie better be (well he should be anyway) - but you can't have practice squad players who just missed 18 tackles and lost your team a game out there acting like juvenile delinquents from the hood and levying multiple death threats via social media from the locker room without consequences.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Oh thats rich

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Freddie isn't in control of the roster.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Even berry at 25% would be better than any safety on this tea

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Freddie isn't in control of the roster.
It’s off the rails at this point ... we need a complete 180

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: GraffZ06

If he isn't, it speaks even MORE about how completely in over his head and unable to control the team Freddie is.

If Whitehead isn't cut tomorrow, Freddie better be (well he should be anyway) - but you can't have practice squad players who just missed 18 tackles and lost your team a game out there acting like juvenile delinquents from the hood and levying multiple death threats via social media from the locker room without consequences.

I think that would be more in Dorseys realm.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Team had no heart today. Also, where was the intensity?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

That's hilarious

Legend
Legend
Yup. That completely falls on Dorsey.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I think they should have kept zampese this year. He’ll they should hire him tomorrow

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend

There are simply no excuses for this team.

Denver's quarterback has never started a game. His first practice with the team started Wednesday.

Denver should not have scored more than 10 points.

The defense is way overrated. No straight pressure from the front four. Look at the difference in talent from both sides of the ball. And we lose this game?

The offensive concepts in the red zone are pitiful. Play designs? Routes?

Hard to watch. When I watch games I watch each Browns offensive play twice in a row. Pay close attention. Robinson and Hubbard are lousy players. I could care less about their grades. Poor technique. Upright, slow feet. A decent move on either guy and they are toast.

Baker was not good. Missed reads and was late on some throws. On the one miss in the end zone to Landry; he was late with the throw.

But this is way deeper than just that.

There is no reason for this team to play the way they have this season.

Normally I support coaches. But in this case the coaches have to take responsibility. Denver is a poor team. Playing with a practice squad quarterback and the Browns were outplayed on both sides of the ball. There can be no excuses for that.

I see no reason for this team to have a 2-6 record.

I have zero interest in watching them play.

It seems hard to believe that is the same team that last year with lessor players could not be stopped in the red zone?

I simple do not understand that. I saw the graphics on completion percentage. But again there is more to it than that.

Dorsey is faced with a huge decision. I don't envy him.

I honestly felt they could win this game easily and get on a roll. I don't see that happening now. There are no easy games for this team.

In so many ways what has happened does not make sense.

I have gone from super excited for the season to begin to a total lack of interest.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Something has to change between now and next Sunday. Not sure what it is, but I think it is imminent.

#FreeToddMonken.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
This is something that is going to have to be an offseason shift IMO ... we need a complete overhaul of the coaching staff and we need Baker to STUDY, LEARN, PRACTICE all offseason ... and do it like a pro

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: GraffZ06

I think that would be more in Dorseys realm.

Technically you're correct Lord Dorsey owns the roster. But I'm sorry, the coach runs the team. If "I" were Freddie (and thank the lord I'm not) I'd personally cut him anyway and tell Dorsey to sign the documents to make it "official".

But alas it's Lord Dorsey's call. Which means Whitehead is fine. Dorsey loves those guys.

Just think - we get Kareem Hunt back tomorrow!

[Linked Image]

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
we need Baker to STUDY, LEARN, PRACTICE all offseason ... and do it like a pro

I don't think Beckham is immune from this approach either.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I honestly felt they could win this game easily and get on a roll. I don't see that happening now. There are no easy games for this team.

Nope, instead we'll lose to a pretty good Bills team and a Steelers team after that which is trending upward. We'll maybe win a game against the Dolphins (who are playing more inspired football than us right now) and probably beat the Bengals twice. That's most likely it. So we finish 5-11. Sad, pathetic and embarassing.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Look.. If that really was Whitehead, then the Browns should suspend him a game. BUT you better make sure you have a safety to replace him.

Second, if he had a broken hand, WTF was he doing out there?? After that first miff, it was apparent that he was not trying to use his hands. So if he had a broken hand, then it should have been wrapped OR dont play him.

G
Rookie
Rookie
G

This is a really lazy straw man argument, FWMHOIW.

Kizer rhymes with Kosar.
M
Legend
Legend
M
- New week. Same story. Another loss.

- Nick Chubb not in on 3rd and short as well as 4th and 1 in a critical situation.

- Tackling was putrid

- Baker cannot put it in the end zone inside the red zone to save his life.

- Poor coaching. Poor preparedness. Another week of "a great practice."

- A QB that has never taken a snap in the regular season just beat this "talented" team.

- It did not cost us the game, but we got Landry and OBJ concerning themselves with wearing customized cleats and getting called on it. Just speaks to the culture in Cleveland and how far this team really is from competing with the big boys.

- KC wining w/ a guy that was coaching a HS team, Pittsburgh winning with a back-up and third stringer and we cannot win a game the #1 overall pick in the draft.

- I have know idea what the hell Ryan Lindley does and what his qualifications are other than Baker likes him, but he's does nothing to fix Baker's issues this season. Get him out.

- This team has serious issues. The culture, lack of team chemistry and leadership is blatantly apparent.

- This team smelled itself all offseason and thought they could just show up and win.

- Good grief, I cannot believe this is where we are at....again.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
2-6 was just about the WORST case scenario heading into the season. You’d be hard pressed to find many people who thought we’d be THIS bad.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So we finish 5-11.

Your'e sure we finish that well??....Try 2-14.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Sooo ... the ravens are kicking the crap out of NE

Legend
Legend
Have you been chain watching The Replacements again? "Miles and miles of heart."

We don't have it. have a fair number of lazy folks, and a good amount of quit. BELIEVEland? Not so much today. Hubbard? Robinson?

Purge. Exorcism? "Don't fix blame; fix problems.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
J
Legend
Legend
J
I will say, for the hundredth time, I was very concerned with how Freddie handled the preseason, but said I would shut up about it because he deserved the chance to show if that arrogant and unconventional stance was indeed going to be successful. Well, that blew up in his face. It isn’t just that, though, as we all know. When you are a poor decision maker it goes on and on, and he has continued to show very bad decision making throughout the season.

I have never been someone to call for the firing of a coach this early in the season and this early in a career. But, I have no faith in this man or his ability to grow or change.

I am also very concerned about Mayfield. Maybe it’s on coaching, but he’s completely lost.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 19 Broncos 24 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard