Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Swish #1694525 11/15/19 07:35 AM
Legend
Legend
Someone needs to ask the coaches what the rationale was for trying to rack up sacks with seconds left in the game. That probably played a huge part in this.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
lampdogg #1694528 11/15/19 07:50 AM
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
How long have we wanted our team to beat up the steelers?
I totally back Myles on this.
Society is becoming very soft.

This!!!

I'm grateful for Browns football.
Swish #1694529 11/15/19 07:51 AM
Legend
Legend
Lol I love a good old slobber knocker. Garrett’s the man. Screw the Steelers and their poor little cry baby backup QB.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
jfanent #1694530 11/15/19 07:54 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Someone needs to ask the coaches what the rationale was for trying to rack up sacks with seconds left in the game. That probably played a huge part in this.

The message....we’re here to smack you in the face every single play. Get use to it Steelers.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Swish #1694532 11/15/19 08:03 AM
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Those of us of an age have seen Squealers play the Thug for decades.
Their team culture seemed to be based on pushing buttons and dirty hits.
Mic'd up I'd bet half the language here would be bleeped.

No doubt MG went too far and this can't be allowed to happen... but it didn't happen in a vacuum.

Team needs to address this MG deal w/ an immediately in house suspension.

NFL will probably hit him w/ a season ending suspension anyway.

Time to get ready for the Dullphins!
Bets on whether we get National Coverage?

jfanent #1694540 11/15/19 08:25 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: jfanent

The Steelers would have done it. This part is a non issue.

lampdogg #1694542 11/15/19 08:28 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M

This is a terrible take. He swung a helmet as hard as he could at another player. A massively ripped human being with that size and speed could have done some serious damage.

Myles Garrett doesn't back Myles Garrett this morning. And neither should you.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Lol I love a good old slobber knocker. Garrett’s the man. Screw the Steelers and their poor little cry baby backup QB.

The beat way to screw the stilers would be to have MG reaking havoc on them in two weeks like he did last night .... but because he lost his cool that ain’t gonna happen ...

He HURT this team BIG TIME and menZas like u are happy about it .... the bouncing ball menZas the bouncing ball ....

jfanent #1694550 11/15/19 08:45 AM
Legend
Legend
J/c

It really is mind numbing to think that MG could be that dumb with 8 seconds left after a huge win. The lack of discipline by FK’s teams is appalling, and this is a culmination of the trend.

In terms of suspensions ...

Garrett - final 6 games
Ogunjobi - 1-2 games
Randall - 1-2 games

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawgs4Life #1694553 11/15/19 08:49 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm not comfortable putting this on Kitchens.

Randall should not be suspended, just fined.

Also read that the Browns believe Garrett is gone for the season at a minimum. They also want the league to take a look at Rudolphs actions leading up to it, including two kicks to Myles groin.

Rishuz #1694554 11/15/19 08:51 AM
Legend
Legend
I noticed the groin kicks as well

In terms of FK, I”m not putting this action on him.. but I am putting the undisciplined culture on him. It’s like a domino effect. A lot of times you get what you tolerate ... and going back to the Indy scrimmage, he’s wanted his team on edge. Tennessee took advantage of that ... and it’s cost us again

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

This is a terrible take. He swung a helmet as hard as he could at another player. A massively ripped human being with that size and speed could have done some serious damage.

Myles Garrett doesn't back Myles Garrett this morning. And neither should you.

If Myles had been trying to hurt him, Rudolph wouldn't have bounced back up. I think he started to "protect himself." Sometimes dropping the other guy is the "evolutionarily" instilled first response.

I wonder how much Myles getting sucker punched played into his subconscious decision to defend himself in that moment. Myles was willingly backing away when Rudolph charged back in with a crazy look on his face. He was being held by a Pittsburgh OL, so flight wasn't a realistic option.

Was it wrong, and did it look horrifying? Yes. What are you supposed to do when being held from behind and a crazy white dude charges you and no officials are doing anything to try to hold the white dude back? It seemed like they were going to let Rudolph do absolutely anything. On the replays I don't hear whistles being blown. The Nike logo on the lineman's leg behind Rudolph resembles a shiv in his hand until you take the time to process what it is. Myles didn't have a still photo. He had a guy trying to rip his helmet off, then kicking him in the junk, then charging him with his hand held awkwardly like he was holding something in a matter of seconds.

Rudolph wasn't a helmeted football player in that moment. He was a crazy white dude with a snarling rictus on his face and allegedly some racist tendencies running at a man who if both were unarmed wouldn't stand a chance. Why? From Myles' perspective it can't make much sense.

Does Rudolph resemble the guy that sucker punched him? Do "crazy white people" get stereotyped?

Officials got caught spectating instead of calming things down. They deserve a big helping of blame, too.

Myles should get punished, but he's not alone. However, the helmet swing appears to be more of a reaction than a deliberately chosen action which I think is a mitigating (not excusing) factor. He didn't go after him with the helmet. Rudolph charged into his "personal space" in a threatening manner.

Myles is human and not invincible. While it's easy to say Rudolph had no chance against Myles, Rudolph is a professional athlete and there are always vulnerable spots on the human body. The top of the skull actually really isn't one of them. Myles has been chopped in the throat enough this season to be well aware that it is one. One kick in the balls is enough to make you want to avoid another. Once a man does that once, personally I try not to give him another chance.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Dawgs4Life #1694560 11/15/19 09:13 AM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Rudolph 1-2 games.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Swish #1694564 11/15/19 09:16 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

on the ground, Mason R. grabs myles helmet and tries to take it off.

AS Myles is getting up, Mason Kicks him with a cleat in the manhood and allegedly calls him a racial slur.

Myles grabs his facemask and takes it off, Mason charges and grabs his junk.

Mason Rudolph is know for being linked to alt right groups on twitter, and friends with Tomi Lauren.

Should have hit him twice.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Rudolph 1-2 games.

Pouncy also 1-2 games;

I read something about an hour ago that Mike Perialta thought it would be 4 games.

After going through some post on fb this morning and twitter, i see now that Rudolph tried to pull Myles helmet off and then proceeded to go after the man parts once for sure and possibly twice. Myles should have put down the helmet and not swung it and then smacked the crap out of him

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
Quick reaction. Rudolph should have been ejected.

Pouncey and garret could be suspended for multiple weeks.

Pouncey could be gone longer than garrett.

My thoughts exactly

Please elaborate why?

Multiple punches and kicks garretts head when he was laying on the ground.

This is correct. Maybe I got it wrong, but did Larry get ejected but not Pouncey?

What Garrett did with the helmet was inexcusable. And the fines and suspension will be earned. That was a Burfict/James Harrison type thing. Worse than the Gronk elbow drop.

But what it comes down to is Rudolph. He had a terrible game. Under pressure pretty much the whole game. Knockdowns. Four picks. He was a steaming pile of crap. With eight seconds left in the game, he gets taken down again (cleanly) and can't control his frustration. Looked like he got Garrett's facemask and twisted. Would not be surprised if something was said because Garrett went from 0 to Burfict in a second or two.

And, it escalated. Garrett took it too far and it turned into a melee. If Rudolph could have just taken that one last tackle like a man, you know, contact sport, then all of the chaos and mayhem and fines and suspensions would have been avoided. Not saying he deserved to be clobbered with his own helmet (he did not), but all he needed to do was keep his panties unknotted for another 8 seconds. The game was lost by then.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Swish #1694568 11/15/19 09:26 AM
Legend
Legend
I think the NFL won’t suspend anybody but Myles and Larry O ... MAYBE they give Pouncey a game, but Myle’s act was so egregious that it will be the booming suspension

Bull_Dawg #1694571 11/15/19 09:31 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good grief! Playing the race card again.

Not that I even disagree with what you said, but there was no need to add the prefix of "White" to crazy. Just plain crazy would have sufficed.

[Linked Image]

CapCity Dawg #1694572 11/15/19 09:38 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Mason Rudolph is a loser.

He has a Charlie Brown, aww schucks, quality about him that just oozes from his pudgy face. The guy seriously looks and plays like a loser.

Whatever he did to Garrett doesn't matter, however. The only team that is going to truly be penalized is the Browns.

The Steelers were never going anywhere with Mason Rudolph. The Browns now have a legit chance to run the table and get in the playoffs. I thought The toughest game left would be against the Steelers but not after last night. Now Myles has put that in jeopardy.

FL_Dawg #1694574 11/15/19 09:39 AM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Instead of talking about our 1st win vs. the Steelers in 5 years, a game where we should all be happy, we are talking about a needless brawl at the end of an already decided game. That's what all the national media and talk shows will be discussing too. A win that feels like a loss. Only our Browns. It makes me sick!!!

Swish #1694576 11/15/19 09:44 AM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
SCREW MASON RUDOLPH

SCREW POUNCEY

SCREW THE STEELERS

LETS GO MYLES GO BROWNS!!! THE RIVALRY IS BACK ON!!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1694577 11/15/19 09:46 AM
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I am glad that the groin kicks were finally brought up. I agree that Mason should be fined and maybe suspended for his part. I mean he full on instigated the entire incident and continued to fight and take swings until the helmet swing. But he is a Quarterback and he plays for the Steelers so that is not going to happen.

This in no way excuses Myles. Put yourself in his position though. His helmet is being ripped off, the same guy is trying to kick him in the groin. And all of a sudden it is 3 against one. What are you doing in this situation. If you are being honest, you would retaliate as well. I don't blame Myles for retaliation. Or rather, I can understand his action to retaliate. His method of retaliation, obviously, is disturbing.

Understanding does not condone his actions. But understanding by the NFL might help prevent these issues from happening again. The NFL had a part they played in creating this incident. While the lion's share is on Garrett and also on Rudolph, the refs were extremely slow in their intervention, and the abuse they allowed to happen with non calls throughout the game added to the pressure cooker.

Freddie says that it does not matter what happened before. And when applying punishment to Garrett's actions. He is right. But, the problem is deeper than Garrett's actions and the same unwavering eye needs to be applied to Rudolph and Pouncey. Ogunjobi as well.

Some mentioned DeCastro. But he was only trying to control the situation. He wasn't trying to fight, but rather stop a fight. I don't foresee nor wish any penalty against him.

I think a penalty over 4 games would be an overreaction and a travesty. Rudolph was not defenseless, nor was he trying to avoid an incident. In fact he was swinging at Garrett, before and during the helmet swing. Haynesworth got 4 games for stomping on the head of Gurode while he was defenseless and pinned to the ground. No instigation for that act. But this is not the same world as then. Today we are full of hypersensitive, overreacting, emotionally immature people. They will demand far more...and I fear they will get it.

I never wish for this kind of incident. But since it did happen and you can't put the genie back in the bottle...If I am honest with myself...a part of me is actually glad this happened. Since the Browns came back, their incompetence has made this rivalry....stale at best. It was not a rivalry. And frankly it needed some bad blood. Things are going to be far more interesting from now on.......If I am honest with myself.

This is extremely uncharacteristic of Garrett. And when things are extremely uncharacteristic of the norm, I think it important to look at why this happened. It may help prevent overreaction as well as hep to prevent this happening again.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
BrownMoose #1694578 11/15/19 09:48 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BrownMoose
How can any of us root for Miles again?

Simple, for his entire life up until last night, he's been a good guy on and off the field...no Drugs or booze, no 50 kids running around etc.

So do we judge him for ever based on his worst act?

I'm not trying to excuse his actions, they were bad,, very dumb.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
TI84_Plus #1694583 11/15/19 09:52 AM
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: TI84_Plus
JC

I hope Myles was mic’d up. It’d be interesting to hear some stuff Rudolph was spouting at him that triggered him so much.

I don’t agree that Myles is a dirty or undisciplined player. Aggressive, yeah. But he’s not hot headed. Something set him off.

EDIT: Not that it excuses him at all. What he did was stupid as hell.

He is a great guy off camera. Always doing things in the community.
There was a story about him in October where a guy pulled up next to him at a stop light, got Garrett to roll his window down, and then punched Garrett in the face. Garrett did nothing back.

FL_Dawg #1694586 11/15/19 09:56 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Good grief! Playing the race card again.

Not that I even disagree with what you said, but there was no need to add the prefix of "White" to crazy. Just plain crazy would have sufficed.

I hadn't really been thinking about it that way, but since you brought it up.

It shouldn't matter, but it looks like it did.

If it'd been Cam Newton, he'd have been restrained as soon as they were initially separated.

A 6'5", 235 pound (per ESPN) white QB gets protected like he's a 3 year old girl and his tantrum is similarly excused.

If it had been the 6'5", 245 pound Newton, the narrative would have been, yeah, Myles had to protect himself. He went too far, but it's understandable.

Racial tension and different levels of accountability is an unpleasant reality in our society.

Incognito was still in the league after threatening to decapitate a corpse amongst additional on field infractions.

Burfict is gone for a bang-bang football play.

Grown men don't charge each other unless they are looking for trouble. Rudolph found it when he went looking.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Swish #1694587 11/15/19 09:56 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Lots and lots of hand-wringing, pearl-clutching (hat-tip to Jeepnstein), and non-stop virtue signaling by the network talking heads coming, starting last night with Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. I don't support Garrett's behavior last night, but I also believe he thought he was defending himself while being attacked by DeCastro AND Rudolph, not to mention later being assaulted himself by Pouncy.

I'm also old enough to remember Jack Lambert's constantly head-hunting Brian Sipe, Joe Green repeatedly kicking Browns' OL Bob McKay in the stomach and groin, James Harrison knocking out THREE Browns' players (Massaquoi, Cribbs, McCoy) over the space of a couple games in 2010 and 2011 with deliberate and vicious helmet hits, and then there's Antonio Brown kick-stomping Spencer Lanning. So while I think Garrett deserves a multiple game suspension, I'm having a hard time feeling any sense of outrage at what he did. What a surprise, emotions ran amok in a game that must be played with emotion.

Swish #1694588 11/15/19 09:57 AM
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
I'll just say this about the incident:

Myles was wrong, never should have swung the helmet, period. Everything up to that point, fine.

That said, it's about time someone stood up to the Steelers crap. For too long they cheap-shotted our players into oblivion (think about Hines Ward and James Harrison, 2 of the dirtiest players EVER in the league).

Mason comes across as someone with poor social skills, and really immature. I'm just going to guess that he is an only child or oldest child, and probably home-schooled. You'd have thought he would have stopped after Myles ripped his helmet off, but the idiot kept coming after Myles...don't need to say why that was a dumb idea. Guy never got his butt whooped enough growing up.

Pouncey has always been trash too, just like his brother.

I just think it's funny all these old former Steelers players (and some current Steelers like Pouncey and Tomlin) talking about player safety...haha! Where were you when James Harrison was intentionally hurting people and ending their careers? Give me a break. Shut it! I'm just glad we whipped their butts!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
J/C

AS Myles is getting up, Mason Kicks him with a cleat in the manhood and allegedly calls him a racial slur.

Mason Rudolph is know for being linked to alt right groups on twitter, and friends with Tomi Lauren.

If this is true, and I'm not saying it's not, Myles should have flung Rudoph's helmet into the stands and sacked him ten times in two weeks, whispering in his ear each time. But now he can't do that because why? HE WON'T BE ON THE FIELD. This battle goes to the Steelers. And, I think (and it's JMHO) Tomlin played a part in all of it. He was huddled with his coached and players a couple of times and I'm sure it wasn't a "We'll get em next time" speech. I certainly wouldn't put it past him to tell his players to push buttons any way they can. Again, JMHO

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Swish #1694593 11/15/19 10:06 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why the hell didnt Pouncey get ejected?

Joe Thomas #73
BADdog #1694597 11/15/19 10:08 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Why the hell didnt Pouncey get ejected?

Pouncey was ejected.

#GMSTRONG
CalDawg #1694598 11/15/19 10:08 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
J/C

If this is true, and I'm not saying it's not, Myles should have flung Rudoph's helmet into the stands and sacked him ten times in two weeks, whispering in his ear each time. But now he can't do that because why? HE WON'T BE ON THE FIELD. This battle goes to the Steelers. And, I think (and it's JMHO) Tomlin played a part in all of it. He was huddled with his coached and players a couple of times and I'm sure it wasn't a "We'll get em next time" speech. I certainly wouldn't put it past him to tell his players to push buttons any way they can. Again, JMHO
an ESPN reporter on the sideline tweeted something was said by mason, and it was deleted shortly after. Other people said there is angle tht you can seed Mason mouthing the word, I didn't see it - buts alleged the NFL already deleted the angle.

Mason Rudolph follows and knows and follows alt right people on twitter.

I def don't put it past him.

But watch the tape, Myles goes 0-100 in seconds. He was kicked in the groin, had his helmet ripped at, Mason Grabbed his groin as he ran at him snarling while myles was being held by two steelers.

Context is everything.

tru_dawgs #1694604 11/15/19 10:20 AM
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
tru, why does he blame Freddie for the blitz?? You have to understand that there are folks on here who blame Freddie if their picnic is rained out.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah, something definitely triggered him. It wasn't simple retaliation for pulling on his face mask. Whatever it was needs to come out during the league investigation. If Rudolph said what I think he said, that's equally as egregious as the blow to the head and should be dealt with accordingly. But because it's the Steelers, it'll likely never see the light of day.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Dawgs4Life #1694622 11/15/19 10:46 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I noticed the groin kicks as well

In terms of FK, I”m not putting this action on him.. but I am putting the undisciplined culture on him. It’s like a domino effect. A lot of times you get what you tolerate ... and going back to the Indy scrimmage, he’s wanted his team on edge. Tennessee took advantage of that ... and it’s cost us again

100% this. I wish it weren't true and I hate to say it but we don't have the right man leading this team.

Swish #1694626 11/15/19 10:48 AM
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I don't think we will/would make the playoffs anyway, so probably saving him for the rest of the season is not that bad.

I like to see some nerve from our players, providing it does not become a habit and that they are not dirty players.

Mason was the one who started it by trying to remove Myles helmet, so I'm ok with his reaction.

devicedawg #1694632 11/15/19 10:52 AM
Legend
Legend
You guys are on crack. There is no part of what Myles did that is indicative of Freddie at all. Good grief!

ALL of it falls on one person: MYLES. Period.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

PrplPplEater #1694634 11/15/19 10:54 AM
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
You guys are on crack. There is no part of what Myles did that is indicative of Freddie at all. Good grief!

It falls on no one. Its a game and Myles is a great player with great character.

Mason is a dirty player.

Swish #1694642 11/15/19 11:01 AM
1st String
1st String
MG should face a suspension. Randal should be suspended for trying to rip MG's helmet off of his head. Maurkice Pouncey should be suspended for punching Larry Ogunjobi AND THEN kicking him in the head while he was down.

I have no doubt that the NFL will be reviewing the fight footage over and over and although MG's helmet blow was inexcusable and he needs to be punished for it, there is plenty of fault that lies with other players, too.

With the severity of that fight a lot of suspensions and some heavy fines should be coming.

Never have hope. You won’t be disappointed.
PrplPplEater #1694643 11/15/19 11:02 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

I agree and disagree. It falls on Myles and Mason. As Mason was instigating it. Dude was allegedly called a racist slur, kicked in the groin, and was 3-1. Context.

BuckDawg1946 #1694644 11/15/19 11:03 AM
Legend
Legend

To somehow hang this on Freddie is absurd.

This is on Garrett and no other. A NFL helmet swung at a unprotected person by Myles Garrett is a deadly weapon.

If he would have connected cleanly the result could have been catastrophic.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 21 Steelers 7 Post game

Link Copied to Clipboard