Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Legend
Legend
As much as I like Garrett he deserves the suspension. No matter what someone does you cannot use a helmet as a weapon. I do think the league overreacted to Larry with the game suspension. I believe the Pouncey suspension was warranted as well. If they are going to suspend Larry for his actions then Ruldolph should have gotten a game as well.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Of course why was WATT on the field at the end of the altercation not as a onlooker but looking to get in the mix.

I know white guys are pure and their crap don't stink...everyone who was not of the 22 should be suspended.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Pdawg #1694845 11/15/19 02:01 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
I'd rather face Rudolph again in two weeks then that duck guy.

Pdawg #1694846 11/15/19 02:03 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Rudolph was much more aggressive, violent, and confrontational than Larry. He should get a few games like Pouncey.

eotab #1694848 11/15/19 02:03 PM
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: eotab
Of course why was WATT on the field at the end of the altercation not as a onlooker but looking to get in the mix.

I know white guys are pure and their crap don't stink...everyone who was not of the 22 should be suspended.

I actually think that now we have something to play for, specially the D...

Lets see what we are made off...

Pdawg #1694849 11/15/19 02:04 PM
T
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
T
Rudolph should have gotten the same as myles...lily-livered racist instigator

Pdawg #1694851 11/15/19 02:05 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Myles suspended for the remainder of the season and indefinitely is absolutely ridiculous. The NFL doles out much lesser punishments for guys that beat their wives/girlfriends.

Haynesworth stomps a guy's bare head requiring 30 stitches and gets five games.

Rudolph tries to wrench Garrett's helmets and cleats him in the yam bag and gets nothing.

Pretty lame.

Next game vs the Steelers will be fun.

ThomasE #1694858 11/15/19 02:09 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThomasE

I’ve seen this a couple of times. Does anyone have any proof?

#gmstrong
Pdawg #1694860 11/15/19 02:10 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Not that I've seen. But you know how things work. If you keep saying it enough people will believe it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1694861 11/15/19 02:11 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Not that I've seen. But you know how things work. If you keep saying it enough people will believe it.

Except no one's believing it which is why they are asking for proof.

Pdawg #1694862 11/15/19 02:11 PM
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

I’ve seen this a couple of times. Does anyone have any proof?

He is a Stealer we don't need proof.

I think people are just over blowing stuff, Mason got under Myles skin..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And Myles is out to hit every white guy in the league with their own helmet because he's racist!

Sounds dumb huh? Just stop it already!!!

Wasn't in reply to Pastor Marc...sry Marc!!

Last edited by 1oldMutt; 11/15/19 02:17 PM.
PitDAWG #1694865 11/15/19 02:12 PM
T
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
T
By the same token it's also said, where there's smoke there's fire...and i have no doubt he used a racist remark against myles

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Garrett was retreating...that means he was walking away...Rudolph re-started the melee and got punked. Somehow, that equates to Garret being suspended for a year? Ridiculous.

Again...Garret was walking away from the fight when Rudolph charged after him. The incident was over...Rudolph attacked. Watch the tape.

again...people are justifying what he did...its ridiculous...guess what..Garrett could have kept retreating..but no, he took a weapon and hit an unprotected player in the head..

People have different views on this stuff. One reason to not pick fights in the first place is that you don't know how far the other person is willing to escalate it.

What Garrett did should be punished, but that does not mean that Rudolph did not deserve what happened to him. He earned that butt whoopin. I just hope Rudolph doesn't get suspended, because I want to see him throw us some more interceptions in two weeks.

Milk Man #1694873 11/15/19 02:27 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Rudolph tries to wrench Garrett's helmets and cleats him in the yam bag and gets nothing.

Quoted for "yam bag." That's a new one.

Rudolph is like that punk-butt witch every high school has. Always starting trouble and then sits back and laughs while others get punished.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Rishuz #1694877 11/15/19 02:29 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
same here

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Looks like Rudolph is getting off scott-free after starting the whole fight. They even suspended Ogunjobi for a game and what he did was next to nothing compared to Rudolph starting the whole thing.

I said from the beginning that I would be okay with any suspension as long as things were handled fairly. NFL has clearly shown their bias for QBs and Steelers. Hope the Browns front office has the guts to stand up for themselves, but probably not. They seem to enjoy getting beaten on by the Steelers, NFL, and Media.

PitDAWG #1694884 11/15/19 02:39 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

Stuff like this happens even in practice with team mates.

Please show me the times when a player removes the helmet of another player and hits them in the head with it.

Thanks in advance.
Texasn, Miami. 2013.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
same here

And minus Pouncey.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
same here

And minus Pouncey.
the problem is going to be: our OL against their motivated defense

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
G
Rookie
Rookie
G
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: GwarriorScumDawg
2) Mason took exception to being dragged down at the end of an out of reach game and reacted against Myles.

The game was out of reach, and there was no reason to be throwing the ball

I agree. My point is that this whole unfortunate event likely stems from a mutual misunderstanding.

Kizer rhymes with Kosar.
L
Legend
Legend
L
I hope Rudolph gets sacked 15 times next game. I hope wilkes puts together the most aggressive plan against him

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
people justifying what Garrett did is absurd...oh... he called me a name..let me try to kill him with a weapon.. gmab. Nothing anyone did justifies what garrett did..i would be very suprised if he doesn't get atleast a year suspension.. I don't think people realize how egregious this was and NFL has to make a statement..this isn't a kick or a punch, this is weaponizing a piece of equipment and attacking a player without equipment. Garrett deserves everything he's going to get..lets not forget this isn't the first time he's done something punishable. (Titans game)

Dude, general rule of society is that if someone starts something with you, then you get to use whatever means at your disposal to fight them.

Heck, its even encoded in the laws of our country. If you have a weapon and someone attacks you, then you get to use that weapon or any other you can find on them!

Again, NFL rules prevail and they get to punish the players as they see fit, but all of this noise about Myles using the helmet as a weapon and potentially getting prosecuted/sued is nonsense.

From an NFL rules standpoint, Garrett is in the wrong, from a societal standpoint, Garrett is justified in hitting Rudolph with the helmet and Rudolph is 100% in the wrong.

ThomasE #1694903 11/15/19 03:03 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
By the same token it's also said, where there's smoke there's fire...and i have no doubt he used a racist remark against myles

See Rish! Told you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1694906 11/15/19 03:11 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Why in heaven are Myles and the Haslam's apologizing to Mason Rudolph? He started the whole thing and we are now apologizing for what he got? My goodness. Where is the Steeler apology for starting a fight? As the cheater Tomlin said "You saw what happened at the end there." Yeah...we did...and you get off scot free yet again.

Message from the NFL:

Be the instigator and you will be just fine...not fined with a d...just fine.

s003apr #1694908 11/15/19 03:15 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: s003apr
people justifying what Garrett did is absurd...oh... he called me a name..let me try to kill him with a weapon.. gmab. Nothing anyone did justifies what garrett did..i would be very suprised if he doesn't get atleast a year suspension.. I don't think people realize how egregious this was and NFL has to make a statement..this isn't a kick or a punch, this is weaponizing a piece of equipment and attacking a player without equipment. Garrett deserves everything he's going to get..lets not forget this isn't the first time he's done something punishable. (Titans game)

Dude, general rule of society is that if someone starts something with you, then you get to use whatever means at your disposal to fight them.

Heck, its even encoded in the laws of our country. If you have a weapon and someone attacks you, then you get to use that weapon or any other you can find on them!

Again, NFL rules prevail and they get to punish the players as they see fit, but all of this noise about Myles using the helmet as a weapon and potentially getting prosecuted/sued is nonsense.

From an NFL rules standpoint, Garrett is in the wrong, from a societal standpoint, Garrett is justified in hitting Rudolph with the helmet and Rudolph is 100% in the wrong.

This is the most absurd thing I’ve ever read. Don’t talk to me about any means necessary because it’s simply not true. I’ve witnessed first hand that circumstances require measured and controlled response. Someone picks a fight with me on the street 9/10 i could kill them easily and quickly with my barehands. So because they attacked me first I should kill them because I’m just defending myself? Sorry but given my training and ability, it would def be deemed excessive and would almost certainly be punished accordingly. Nothing that Rudolph did justified him using helmet as a weapon. If he’s truly scared for his life against a preppy qb then he’s in the wrong sport. Hell who’s to say Rudolph wasn’t just trying to get his helmet back.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

Next up?

Pouncey gets his suspension reduced to 2 games...so he will get 1 more game than Ojunjobi. Just watch.

Legend
Legend
j/c

Next up?

Pouncey gets his suspension reduced to 2 games...so he will get 1 more game than Ojunjobi. Just watch.
I’d be good if they both got one game taken off their suspensions ... so Pouncey can’t play week 13 and Ogunjobi can smile

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
I'll just say this about the incident:

Myles was wrong, never should have swung the helmet, period. Everything up to that point, fine.

That said, it's about time someone stood up to the Steelers crap. For too long they cheap-shotted our players into oblivion (think about Hines Ward and James Harrison, 2 of the dirtiest players EVER in the league).

Mason comes across as someone with poor social skills, and really immature. I'm just going to guess that he is an only child or oldest child, and probably home-schooled. You'd have thought he would have stopped after Myles ripped his helmet off, but the idiot kept coming after Myles...don't need to say why that was a dumb idea. Guy never got his butt whooped enough growing up.

Pouncey has always been trash too, just like his brother.

I just think it's funny all these old former Steelers players (and some current Steelers like Pouncey and Tomlin) talking about player safety...haha! Where were you when James Harrison was intentionally hurting people and ending their careers? Give me a break. Shut it! I'm just glad we whipped their butts!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

Next up?

I’d be good if they both got one game taken off their suspensions ... so Pouncey can’t play week 13 and Ogunjobi can smile
Nah, I think both teams owners, and the NFL want to move on from this really fast - which is why they already ruled on it.

I see both teams being told, "take the time, don't fight it and get back on the field and be done with it. "

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why in heaven are Myles and the Haslam's apologizing to Mason Rudolph? He started the whole thing and we are now apologizing for what he got? My goodness. Where is the Steeler apology for starting a fight? As the cheater Tomlin said "You saw what happened at the end there." Yeah...we did...and you get off scot free yet again.

Message from the NFL:

And in turn Rudolph calls Myles a coward.

Joe Thomas #73
s003apr #1694914 11/15/19 03:30 PM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
General rule of society, please let me know where you looked that up.....now complete breakdown of society or law of jungle might apply. Men use to walk out back, use fists on each other, then go back to what's important or real. Myles, JMHO, could be charged with assault. If guy on bench comes over and hits you across the head with helmet- which could kill you- would that be assault. It's different if you're wrestling in game...NOT. Play hard, hit as hard as you want...LEGALLY.

One of our so called leaders/ best player we got/ first round pick/ first player picked is UNAVAILABLE for how long- unknown...just what we needed. Our coach brought this on the organization by broadcasting- we don't take nothing....well, ain't we sweet so far. Good luck rest of season and no kidding, we'll be lucky if some dumb Steeler fan doesn't decide to use his gun at next game....part of our wonderful society.
GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
L
Legend
Legend
L
Want some good reading? Look at Harrison’s twitter. Saying no room for that in the game .....let’s just say the Internet didn’t disappoint . I’m betting he felt like an idiot for saying anything

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I find it curious that Troy Aikman was talking about "looking back at this moment" as potentially when the Browns turned the tide on the rivalry.

I'd say, this is an iconic a moment to turn the tide as any. We may look back at this in 5 years as THE turning point of our franchise. I know that is a mouth full, seems unlikely but we out physicaled them all game, we out hit them and out lasted them, we were the better team for the first time in 2 decades. Then Myles beat down their QB with his own helmet.

If ever there was a time, this is it.

Legend
Legend
Myles Garrett will lose at least $1.139 million during his six-game suspension

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
BADdog #1694924 11/15/19 03:59 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: BADdog

Message from the NFL:

And in turn Rudolph calls Myles a coward.

Yeah. Myles is my hero now. I'll be buying his Jersey for sure.

We finally stood up to the bullies, and the bigger bullies (NFL) are trying to bully us again.

Next time we play the Steelers I hope someone breaks Rudolph's knees.

I NEVER hope for injury. I don't want Lamar Jackson hurt. He's a great player that beats us on the field, but is a class act.

RUDOLPH IS A THUG. He started the fight. He attacked Garrett. He then attacked Garrett AGAIN while being RESTRAINED. Rudolph should be suspended 4 games minimum. Instead? Nothing.

I'm so sick of this. We need a new owner or something. We need to get respect from the NFL. WTF is Haslam even doing when the teams meet? just cow-towing to whatever the Rooneys/Krafts want?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Plus fines.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Plus fines.

I think that is a little excessive when you add time missed with the financial loss ..

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Plus fines.

FOR DEFENDING HIMSELF!

I cannot believe how nobody except Browns fan will acknowledge that Garrett was UNDER ATTACK.

He should've dropped the helmet before defending himself OBVIOUSLY, but if you've ever been attacked you know you don't have time to be logical, your body responds to save itself.

And I've never been attacked by 2 guys at once, that's probably even more adrenaline.

I hope Garrett sues the NFL and Rudolph.

I'm so irate.

Ugh, wish I could just enjoy a Browns victory of the Steelers.

Also WHY IN THE WORLD IS OGUNJOBI SUSPENDED???? Fined, sure, but suspended???

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Myles Garrett

Link Copied to Clipboard