Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Got to make up something for a FOX headline..and Hannity.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Good lord, and imma keep saying it:

The republicans find ANYBODY better to ask questions than Castor? Come on GOP, this is getting really sad.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Who they going to bring in that can defend this mess? Would you want that job? lmao

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend

P
Legend
Legend
P
Typical Republican response. Nothing of substance.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Why not Schiff and the crazies on the left do it all the time ...imo

P
Legend
Legend
P
If you bothered to pay attention, that's not what they're doing now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yea but that’s not what nunes and hannity told him.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Trump's obstruction of justice and wrong doing and treating the military and government like his own private company isn't changing the opinion or mind of any of the people who still support Trump.

Truth be told, I don't think anyone has the slightest interest in trying to change the minds of Trump cult members. What's more important is the testimony (now official and recorded for posterity) of these witnesses and the message it sends to independents, 'unpluggeds' and casual news consumers.

Make no mistake about this: although these proceedings are still in the fact-finding phase, those who are keeping track already have a pretty clear idea of Mr. Trump's motives and tactics. These optics leave precious little to the imagination... and they do not paint the POTUS in a positive light.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
Legend
Legend
M
You might be right.

But based on what you saying being true - the next election should be a slam dunk. Dems should control all 3 branches.... Trump is basically a cance undermining & eroding everything close to American values. Anyone/Everyone paying attention and open to being swayed or simply open to acknowledging facts would do anything to get Trump out of office. I won't list the incredibly long list of issues.

BUT - the next election is not a slam dunk. There is every chance that Trump gets a second term. I don't understand that - but I think that's an accurate view. And I think it has more to do with blind loyalty to Trump than it does to Democratic candidates..... I hope to goodness I am wrong.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Rep. Nunes had the closing statements for the gop...

...nuff said!

Last edited by mac; 11/19/19 02:42 PM.

Legend
Legend
A Trump re-election is entirely possible, that's true.

I'll suggest this, regarding 2020:

1. Outside (foreign) help will be more difficult for him to get, because US Intelligence is already openly on the case.

2. Voter engagement was very low in 2016. Since that election, voter engagement has spiked to levels approaching 2008. History informs us that that high voter turnout is bad news for GOP interests. Additionally, we see direct evidence of same in the 2018 mid-terms and various off-year special elections.

3. No matter who wins the Dem primaries, Donks will not put forth any candidate as flawed, compromised and disliked as HRC.

Given the narrowness of the 2016 victory, and the extraordinary confluence of circumstances of that election, I'd say that the incumbent has a much steeper re-election hill to climb than his predecessor at the same juncture in his presidency.

Our esteemed colleague Mr. 40 has been fond of using the term "silent majority" in his musings about 2020. I believe it's my turn to appropriate that phrase, given the number of blue waves that splashed against our shores since 2017.

Only time will tell.

Legend
Legend
Like a few of you, I had the testimony of the two folks today so far. Had it on in the background while working (in case someone thinks being a Libby means you don't work)

What you heard today, out loud and openly is a witness (Vindman) who actually heard the president make the Quid Pro Quo comments.. He heard it, it can no longer be classified as "a hoax"

Time to move this guy out of the white house and into the jail house..

Won't happen,, if by some strange turn of events, the Republicans in the senate vote to impeach and remove, Pence will do a Gerald Ford and let him off the hook with a pardon.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't believe anyone should actually expect a GOP senate to remove Trump from office.

Bill Clinton openly committed perjury under oath and was not removed by the senate. I don't see why anyone would be shocked if the result turned to be any different this time around.

The actual objective in all of this is to let the American people see what has gone on here. How Trump has used funds appropriated by congress as leverage for his personal political gain. How he tried to orchestrate the use of a foreign government to interfere in our elections. How after it has been proven many times over that Russia interfered in the 2016 elections, for some strange reason he is trying to use part of that leverage to absolve Russia. How he was willing to drag the name of a loyal state department employ through the mud to accomplish this. How he even went so far as to intimidate a witness while they were testifying.

That is a job being done very well. It shows the total lack of character and moral fiber of the man in The White House.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I don't believe anyone should actually expect a GOP senate to remove Trump from office.

Bill Clinton openly committed perjury under oath and was not removed by the senate. I don't see why anyone would be shocked if the result turned to be any different this time around.

The actual objective in all of this is to let the American people see what has gone on here. How Trump has used funds appropriated by congress as leverage for his personal political gain. How he tried to orchestrate the use of a foreign government to interfere in our elections. How after it has been proven many times over that Russia interfered in the 2016 elections, for some strange reason he is trying to use part of that leverage to absolve Russia. How he was willing to drag the name of a loyal state department employ through the mud to accomplish this. How he even went so far as to intimidate a witness while they were testifying.

That is a job being done very well. It shows the total lack of character and moral fiber of the man in The White House.

Will the silly Dems reimburse America for all the money they wasted on this joke?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

Will the silly Dems reimburse America for all the money they wasted on this joke?

We had a witness testify first hand he heard Trump talking about the bribery and coercion of a foreign politician trying to get them to nobble his political rival .... and you think it's a joke.

Please explain - because at this point I want to avoid assuming anything about your intelligence or willingness to let Trump break the law.

Legend
Legend
Holy crap, "nobble" is a real word. rofl

I learned something today.

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
Oh I looked it up... but I appreciate it. thumbsup

yebat' Putin
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: mgh888

We had a witness testify first hand he heard Trump talking about the bribery and coercion of a foreign politician trying to get them to nobble his political rival .... and you think it's a joke.

Please explain - because at this point I want to avoid assuming anything about your intelligence or willingness to let Trump break the law.

Don't worry about my intelligence slick. Worry about yours. The Dems have been working their asses off trying to bring out a liar Trump hater. Dems are a bunch of lying crooks. Can you say Kavanough? If you vote for these people don't say a word about somebody else's intllegence.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
at this point I want to avoid assuming anything about your intelligence or willingness to let Trump break the law.

Quote:
The Dems have been working their asses off trying to bring out a liar Trump hater. Dems are a bunch of lying crooks. Can you say Kavanough? If you vote for these people don't say a word about somebody else's intllegence.

After this post, by all means- you should feel free to make any assumptions you want. You can't possibly overestimate his baseline, and you damnsho' won't be wrong.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Whistleblower lawyer lashes out at Jordan: 'I AM TIRED OF YOU LYING IN A HOUSE COMMITTEE ROOM'

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/47113...ying-in-a-house

M
Legend
Legend
M
No doubt.

All these people are under oath. They are career officials that have served under and for Republicans and Democrats. They are respected and certainly their testimony is credible to the point that believe them.

Obviously the Republicans also believe them - because instead of challenging the testimony they spent time grand standing and complaining about Process. Those are Trump talking points and could be made at ANY time ... spurious to use your allotted time with a witness and not ask them questions in order to get to the truth. For anyone with a working brain and inquiring mind of their own I think this speak volumes.

What we get from Trump on the other hand - is rhetoric about wanting to appear before Mueller and now he says he wants to appear before the impeachment panel .... But it's a funny old thing. He didn't and he won't. . . . he was going to reveal his Taxes ... but then he didn't. . . . he was going to be too busy to play golf . . . and then he played golf (a lot) . . . He was going to surround himself with top people . . . and then he didn't (any many that he did are now in jail).

It's laughable.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
One thing I find interesting that few people seem to have picked up on...

A bipartisan congressional panel determined unequivocally that the 2016 election was interfered with by the Russians. No one we as a nation trust disputes this, the evidence is overwhelming and corroborated by military and multiple intelligence agencies. There is only one source that disputes this. Putin and Russia. Their narrative all along has been that it was Ukraine, the country they’re at war with, a claim completely and utterly debunked. Only the Russians. ....Oh, and of course our own noble patriotic leader of course defaults to the Russian narrative that has taken root so familiarly in right-wing conspiracy circles over our own military and intelligence. And he’s managed to again get large swaths of our own country to doubt and cast aspersions on our own military and intelligence. Disgusting. That’s what’s so sad about this; the whole bribe was either built on Trumps lack of critical thinking skills, inability or unwillingness to trust experts around him, or.... something much worse.

It’s so completely Hideous and ridiculous but because there is literally so much about this outrageous traitor to choose from, massive affronts like this get lost in the noise.

As an aside... Can you even imagine the collective howl of fake patriotism and outrage coming from the FoxNews right if a democrat pulled even 1/100th of this crap??? I ask every Trumpy I know. Take any of the last dozen episodes, splice in Biden or Hillary or any of the Dems and replay the mental tape. Would your interpretation change?

Would you be totally cool with Hillary taking Putin’s narrative of our election interference (that alone should blow your mind), while she kicks dirt on our own intelligence and military, holds up congressionally appropriated funds supporting the country at war with Russia in order to get them to perform a personal political favor, a public sham investigation against Trump’s kids’ business dealings in Ukraine? That would totally pass muster with you, right?

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
O
Legend
Legend
O
It's easy for them to do when they only believe in things that support their narrative. When you can just chuck out facts and common sense, everything else becomes plausible. Then you can take that and twist it into possible, spread it around a bit, and see if it takes root. They are literally living in a dense jungle of their own lies.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/20/19 01:08 AM.

O
Legend
Legend
O

smh

O
Legend
Legend
O
Third official testifies that Mike Pompeo called Fox News host Sean Hannity about Marie Yovanovitch

A Fox News analyst claims that Hannity is being "smeared," even though a State Dep't official confirmed the call

Fox News host Sean Hannity raved that he never spoke with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo about ousted Ukrainian Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch after a third witness confirmed the alleged call to impeachment investigators.

David Hale, the undersecretary of State for political affairs, testified under oath that Yovanovitch was the victim of a baseless smear campaign led by Rudy Giuliani, the personal attorney of President Donald Trump, which led to her ouster. According to a transcript of the closed-door deposition released Monday, the smears originally stemmed from the conservative columnist John Solomon, who wrote in The Hill that former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko had claimed that Yovanovitch gave him a “do not prosecute list.” Lutsenko later retracted that claim.

Hale, the third-ranking official at the department, claimed to impeachment investigators that Hannity had pushed the same narrative on Fox News and that Pompeo had reached out to Trump’s favorite host.

“It did come up at some point with the secretary,” Hale said. “I understood that he did call Sean Hannity.”

Hale testified that Pompeo told Hannity, “I need to see what the evidence is.”

The State official added that no one at the department believed the allegations against Yovanovitch, though officials did not act to prevent her ouster.

Hale’s testimony is backed up by both Yovanovitch and George Kent, another senior State Department official.

Yovanovitch testified at her closed-door deposition that she was told Pompeo “was going to place a call to Mr. Hannity on Fox News to say, you know, ‘What is going on? I mean, do you have proof of these kinds of allegations or not? And if you have proof, you know, tell me, and if not, stop.’”

"I understand that that call was made,” she added. “I don’t know whether it was the secretary of somebody else in his inner circle, and for a time, you know, things kind of simmered down.”

Kent testified under oath that Solomon’s report was “primarily non-truths and non-sequiturs.”

Kent testified that a top official at the State Department reached out to Hannity but said it may not have been Pompeo.

“I believe, to the best of my recollection, the counselor for the department, Ulrich Brechbuhl, reached out and suggested to Mr.Hannity that if there was no proof of the allegations, that he should stop covering them,” Kent said.

Hannity previously called Yovanovitch’s testimony “fake news” and claimed that he did not “know anything about this woman.”

The host went off on his Fox News show Monday after Hale’s testimony was released.

“So apparently David Hale’s testimony was released a short time ago, and he says in the transcript it was his understanding that Pompeo called me to ask you what evidence you had of allegations regarding Yovanovitch,” Hannity told guest Gregg Jarrett. “Gregg, how many times do I have to say it? We barely mentioned this woman! Four times in passing. No, I never got a call from Secretary of State Pompeo or anybody else. Why would they lie about this?”

“You are being smeared,” replied Jarrett, the network’s legal analyst. “Donald Trump has been smeared for three years.”

Even as he called Yovanovitch’s testimony “fake news” earlier this month, Hannity conceded that “her name came up a few times on the show” and that he “did ask one question about a news report if she was involved in something.”

“It was a question,” he said, “We do news here.” (While his show appears on Fox News, Hannity is a political commentator.)

Hannity referenced Solomon’s report, which has not been retracted despite his main source walking back his comments. Solomon was a frequent guest on Hannity’s show. The question Hannity mentioned was to attorney Joe diGenova, who Trump wanted to add to his legal team. DiGenova played his own role in Trump’s Ukraine saga and received an advance copy of Solomon’s reporting linking the State Department’s work in Ukraine to billionaire Democratic donor George Soros.

Shortly after Kent testified publicly, diGenova was back on Fox airwaves pushing the baseless Soros conspiracy theory.

“There's no doubt that George Soros controls a very large part of the career foreign service of the United States State Department,” he told Fox host Lou Dobbs. “He also controls the activities of FBI agents overseas who work for NGOs — work with NGOs. That was very evident in Ukraine, and Kent was part of that. He was a very big protector of Soros.”

Soros’ Open Society Foundations ripped the network for airing diGenova’s conspiracy theory in a letter to Fox News head Suzanne Scott.

“It is bad enough that Mr. Dobbs continues to repeat the widely discredited reporting of John Solomon . . . that has been debunked by the U.S. State Department and recanted by Mr. Solomon’s main source,” the letter said, adding that diGenova’s comment was “beyond rhetorical ugliness, beyond fiction, beyond ludicrous. It’s patently untrue; it’s not even possible. This is McCarthyite.”

https://www.salon.com/2019/11/19/third-o...ie-yovanovitch/

This is beyond insane.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

smh

Hannity is only speaking the truth! thumbsup

O
Legend
Legend
O
For you, all hope is lost. I can't imagine believing that brain rot Hannity spews. I can't even imagine how somebody like that has viewership, let alone the kind of ratings he gets... mind boggling. It's like made up reality TV news game where the object is to be as bizarre, low brow, and offensive as you can be while still having people tune in. Any rational adult should be able to see right through it... but not in Murica.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm probably one of the few on this board that is actually watching this 'Impeachment Inquiry'. I didn't even see the Hannity's segment until you posted it because I don't follow Fox News any longer with the influx of liberal reporters. I did watch this live though and agree 100%:

M
Legend
Legend
M
So you are watching witness after witness testify to a Trump orchestrated plan to blackmail Ukraine to launch an investigation into his political rival - while also not being remotely interested in corruption in general (which was one of the cover lies dreamed up by Trump).

And yet ... smdh

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I don't follow Fox News any longer with the influx of liberal reporters.

rofl Liberal in this case means “woke” Conservatives. It’s all or nothing for the “always trumpers.”

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The moment you criticize dear leader, you are now a deep state lib.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Lou Dobbs Guest Mocks Vindman: He’s a ‘Deep State Crybaby’

https://news.yahoo.com/lou-dobbs-guest-mocks-vindman-030427601.html

Conservatives are a bunch of unpatriotic deplorables.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Guess the only news outlet is dear leaders twitter feed now.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Here comes Gordon. Tip toe baby... tip toe.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: fishtheice
I'm probably one of the few on this board that is actually watching this 'Impeachment Inquiry'. I didn't even see the Hannity's segment until you posted it because I don't follow Fox News any longer with the influx of liberal reporters. I did watch this live though and agree 100%:

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
[quote=PitDAWG]I don't believe anyone should actually expect a GOP senate to remove Trump from office.

Will the silly Dems reimburse Americ

Right after Trump pays back all he spent on golf vacations that we paid for.... So far, over $100 million.

You will find that the more you try to use Republican talking point, the quicker it will get thrown back in your face

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Right after Trump pays back all he spent on golf vacations that we paid for.... So far, over $100 million. Mostly at Golf clubs that Trump owns, which means that Profit went to Trump...

You will find that the more you try to use Republican talking points, the quicker it will get thrown back in your face.

By way of comparison, Obama spent $92 million over 8 years. Trump has spent more than that in 3 years.

Yeah, he is working for us.....sure?

Last edited by Damanshot; 11/20/19 09:59 AM.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Sundland is not going down for the Trump/Rudy, qid pro quo!

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Impeachment: Live Free or Die Hard

Link Copied to Clipboard