Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
So...for 2+ years he's been able to stage his own workouts and no team signed him. Then...the NFL sponsors his workout...a bunch of teams plan to show up...and he moves the workout to his choice of location at the very last minute...making it his workout?

Didn't he opt out of his last contract?

I just hope the NFL says "Look, that's as far as our involvement will go. You've stated your case and let teams know that you are ready, willing and able. We helped you get out that message and get the exposure. Good luck." Then stays out of it.

Any team that signs him better be ready for his shtick. And for once I agree with SAS...if they talk with him or sign him, they are stuck with him even if he's not worthy or loses worthiness. He's theirs for as long as HE wants it that way.

Legend
Legend
Kaep isn’t getting a chance ... the NFL offered an olive branch just to say they did so. And, IMO, he doesn’t really care to play ... he’s doing it for his brand and for Nike

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Supposedly the NFL attached some strings that Kaep couldn't take. Honestly, I think there's more to this than meets the eye. My BS detector has been going off since this was announced.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
This is simple ... There is ZERO MYSTERY here ... this is part of the legal tap dancing being done here for the courts ...

Kaep is not good enough for a team to sign him and risk alienating there base ... since his rookie year he’s been a huge disappointment .... he could start for at least a few teams and be marginally better than the bums they have now ... he would however be a GREAT BACK UP for pretty much every team ... But he has to much baggage for a team to sign him as a marginal starter or back up ..

He’s clearly being blackballed and IMO its 100% justifiable on the owners part ... right or wrong whoever signs him is going to lose fans and hurt the nfl ... And IMO the blame lays at the feet of the NFL ... they should have nipped this in the bud but chose to be PC ... now as usual they’ve got a big mess and look like morons again ...

R
Legend
Legend
R
This is pretty simple...

Once teams figured out he couldn't play from the pocket, he lost value. Once he started acting like an idiot, he further lost value.

It's all about the combination of ability and behavior. He's lacking in both categories.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Pretty much what i said ... wink ...

R
Legend
Legend
R
I used much fewer words and spelled them correctly.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I went more in depth and added insightful, valuable facts to enhance the depth of my post ... it also clearly showed the menZas the entire picture ... the entire enchilada ... enchilada spell checked for me ... thumbsup

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Who cares

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
rofl

Come on, Diam. That was funny.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I wonder when it was that the last street free agent, out of the league for a couple (few?) years, had the entire NFL come to watch a workout of the guy?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
rofl

Come on, Diam. That was funny.

I *L* ....

Shhhh ... don’t tell Rish ...

R
Legend
Legend
R
I know you laughed.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Apparently he didn't create any good vibes with Nike from what I've heard with this stunt.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
This whole thing is unprecedented.

Kaep is terrible and no one in the league believes he's a bonafide starter in this league.

He's not black-balled. No one wants the media circus. It's the same reason why Johnny will never get another chance to get back into the league.

The NFL set up this whole fiasco and Kaep said no thanks, I'll take it from here guys. Whatever chance he might have had is gone now.

Legend
Legend
So he is perfectly positioned to start for Sincy. I wouldn't be surprised he gets signed. On a personal note, we seem to have enough stoopid to go around. naughtydevil

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Kaepernick might be best fit in Baltimore as Lamar's back up. But they have RG3. Also, can you imagine the media circus that would follow? Baltimore doesn't need that and won't do it.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Kaep isn’t getting a chance ... the NFL offered an olive branch just to say they did so. And, IMO, he doesn’t really care to play ... he’s doing it for his brand and for Nike

Agreed.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Kaepernick might be best fit in Baltimore as Lamar's back up. But they have RG3. Also, can you imagine the media circus that would follow? Baltimore doesn't need that and won't do it.

I believe Baltimore had talked with him in the past and his girlfriend posted something on twitter about the owner and Ray Lewis that was not flattering. I don’t see him going there.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

I believe Baltimore had talked with him in the past and his girlfriend posted something on twitter about the owner and Ray Lewis that was not flattering. I don’t see him going there.
According to Ray Ray, they were calling Kap to offer him a deal. At the time, his GF posted a pic of the owner huggin Ray Ray and calling him a "plantation owner" or something like that on twitter.

They immediately cancelled the meeting.

Legend
Legend

Kaepernick doesn't really want to play in the NFL, he wants to pretend he wants to play in the NFL as long as possible to keep himself relevant...

yebat' Putin
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Kaepernick doesn't really want to play in the NFL, he wants to pretend he wants to play in the NFL as long as possible to keep himself relevant...
Well, being on a roster would prolong that.

I don't think that's it. I think he wants back in the league. The problem is, he thinks hes worth 15 million a year, and deserves to be starting no matter what. I think he feels that he is owed as starting gig and a certain number per year. This is why he has turned down things already.

Legend
Legend
But if he comes back... and he sucks... it's not going to help him. It shouldn't have bearing on his stance on SJW issues but it would provide fodder...

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
SAS is having a field day with Kap. changing the location etc etc.

that should tell us all we need to know.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
You may be right. Wait and see. Huey is just the coach for the job. This needs put to bed, whatever the situation.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Legend
Legend
C
I heard they changed the locations of the Kaepernick workout because the ground was moving beneath the people's feet.

Legend
Legend
That's funny. rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I heard they changed the locations of the Kaepernick workout because the ground was moving beneath the people's feet.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Right. No one is going to pay the amount he desires, that's why he thinks he's been blackballed.

No one wants to pay him that kind of money with the baggage he brings. He thinks he's better than he is, but he's not and that's mostly the issue here.

He may see time during a training camp at some point, but not in the middle of the season I don't think.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Some groups of people feel entitled.

Apparently with this dude the entitlement is so extreme that people better give him millions and a job he isnt qualified for, and not only that they better bend over for the three ring circus he brings with him wherever he goes.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

please elaborate.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk

please elaborate.

You could probably find some examples in the PP forum.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Psssh! One decent season under the right off. Hard pass!

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk

please elaborate.

You could probably find some examples in the PP forum.

I'd prefer an answer directly from the source.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R

Apparently with this dude the entitlement is so extreme that people better give him millions and a job he isnt qualified for, and not only that they better bend over for the three ring circus he brings with him wherever he goes.

We live, fortunately, in a society where you can't be discriminated based on color, religion, political ideas, etc

That applies to all activities and must be respected.

The problem never was Kap's qualifications but his political views, and that's illegal, IMHO.

Its not a sense of entitlement its a right, and fortunately there are some willing to pay the price so we can enjoy them.

Last edited by rastanplan; 11/20/19 08:01 AM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

We live, fortunately, in a society where you can't be discriminated based on color, religion, political ideas, etc

The problem never was Kap's qualifications but his political views, and that's illegal, IMHO.

Its not a sense of entitlement its a right, and fortunately there are some willing to pay the price so we can enjoy them.

He's pushing that envelope to the brink, and his qualifications (or lack thereof) are definitely playing into this.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...

I think its rather funny how Kaep is trying so hard to talk like he is from the Streets...so much like many a white guy trying to be black...No he is not white but he was never oppressed but actually lived a privileged Life until he thought he found himself several years ago....

Now the question is...could he play in a Lamar Jackson type offense being utilized by the Ravens???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Wasn't there a game he played in that at halftime he was 5/10 for 33 yards and 4 INT?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Wasn't there a game he played in that at halftime he was 5/10 for 33 yards and 4 INT?

Not exactly, but close...

Quote:
Kaepernick finished 9-of-19 for 67 yards with a career-worst passer rating of 16.7. Through three quarters, Kaepernick had attempted 11 passes, five of which were caught by 49ers and four by the Cardinals.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

You certainly can "discriminate" against political views. Imagine that an uber talented white skinhead Nazi, who was an outspoken fan of Adolph Hitler, wanted to play in the NFL. How many teams can you see showing up at his Pro Day?

NFL players, especially QBs, are the public face of the team. Teams want to make sure they put a good face forward.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Hue Jackson to lead Colin Kaepernick workout; 13 NFL teams have committed to attend (Browns)

Link Copied to Clipboard