Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
EveDawg #1696906 11/22/19 12:35 AM
Legend
Legend
j/c

I believe that Mason Rudolph's life in the NFL is about to become very interesting- and very painful.

Myles has enjoyed a sterling reputation until now, and is liked and respected throughout the ranks of the players. If he stated that he was verbally assaulted in that manner, the players are going to listen- and believe him.

Now, I'm just hearing for the first time that this backup is some alt/right deplorable, so I don't know if it's true or not. What do know is that he may have escaped punishment by the league, but that doesn't mean he'll escape all punishment. I do believe that he will be judged in the 'court of colleagues'.. and is going to find himself in a tough row to hoe. Call a brother like Myles The Name, and you've instantly made yourself a potential target of 68% of all active NFL players.

I'm going to find a way to content myself with Myles' punishment, but I'm OK with Mason Rudolph escaping suspension. It means he'll be forced to play every snap on the schedule until something of his snaps.

Dumb is getting lined up for a world of hurt. And soon. Not just the Browns, either. This kind of thing goes beyond team.

At this point, I'll happily take any form of 'justice' I can get. This might be the most appropriate one of the bunch.

smdh

Last edited by Referee 3; 11/22/19 08:11 AM.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Rudolph plays the Bengals this week. Will have to wait another week for that punishment to begin.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
I had hoped for the suspension to be reduced to 4 games. Given the precedents, Myles' character, his remorse, and the circumstances leading to the melee.

Regardless, I was pretty sure the NFL would put a lid on the severity... Six games, eight games, remainder of season... They had a free chance to at least adhere to their own policy and agreement for "indefinite suspensions".

I should be shocked - but I'm not. It's not a rant, it's not cliche... this league simply can't get anything right.

I heard rumors as early as last Friday morning that there may have been a racial slur hurled at Myles. I thought, selfishly, that even if there wasn't, Myles should say there was... just for a fleeting moment, and mostly because of how bad it seems we are always getting jobbed. When I read that QBs are mic'd for the entire game, I knew there was no way Myles would say that if it wasn't true.

Then yesterday morning... Within mere moments of the hearing starting, two stories about the Steelers were on the ESPN home page. One with Rudolph apologizing for his part and calling Garrett a good guy. The other with his coach doing the same. It seemed really strange, but for whatever reason - it gave me hope.

Nah, they were just told to get out in front of things, because Myles spilled the beans. They "haven't seen any evidence to support Myles' claim" because that mic recording has been on a flash drive in the NFL's Vault of Lies since last Friday.

The Browns Organization was once again punk-slapped and told to get back in it's lane.

Myles made a terrible mistake. I hope it serves to drive him. Not because of what it might mean for my team, just because he seems like a genuine good dude.

Our team has an opportunity to spin a 180 on all of this strife, channel this energy, galvanize their spirit as a team... Or go down in flames and play the blame game.

I expect to see the former, particularly nine days from now, when we set foot in enemy territory and show our heart and tenacity. You want to plant a flag, Baker? Go plant your flag. Go out there and attack, relentlessly, on both sides of the ball. Play with fury and hit with bad intentions - this is football, it's never been for the weak of heart.

That's the battle cry. Go to Pittsburgh and define your season. If we do - there's every reason to believe that it can be a catalyst to run the table 'til you face the Juggernaut... On our turf.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
JC

I have to believe that MG has some sort of legal case here based on the CBA and precedent

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Regardless if Mason used the slur or not. I think Garrett has another piece of ammo for a lawsuit...

Quote:
"I was assured that the hearing was space that afforded the opportunity to speak openly and honestly about the incident that led to my suspension...This was not meant for public dissemination

So the NFL assures him that what was said would not be public information...and here we are talking about it.

How can the NFL expect players to be frank and honest when they allow this to happen?

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
PETE314 #1696927 11/22/19 09:11 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
The appeal hearing for Myles was obviously for show.

PETE314 #1696928 11/22/19 09:12 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: PETE314
Regardless if Mason used the slur or not. I think Garrett has another piece of ammo for a lawsuit...

Quote:
"I was assured that the hearing was space that afforded the opportunity to speak openly and honestly about the incident that led to my suspension...This was not meant for public dissemination

So the NFL assures him that what was said would not be public information...and here we are talking about it.

How can the NFL expect players to be frank and honest when they allow this to happen?

Great point and why isn't this being talked about more.

Rishuz #1696929 11/22/19 09:26 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
yeah it appears that way

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm sure Myles has his reasons for holding this close to the vest. Maybe he was just "keeping his powder dry", thinking it would be his trump card in the hearing. But it is hurting him in public opinion, IMO. I can't help wondering why he wasn't shouting it from the rooftop, starting right after the game when he faced reporters.

*Post contains 87% of your Minimum Daily Requirement for metaphors

Last edited by Dave; 11/22/19 09:32 AM. Reason: To make fun of my own clunky post.
Legend
Legend
This doesn't align with rules and precedent. So it's a scavenger hunt as to what NFL deems "right." Disgusts me. Based this on what then? Ignored it based on what? Why can a team not have definite limits and dates for rosters and such? Nothing disciplinary to player; merely punitive.

Lousy NFL hypocrisy IMO.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
mason's Karma could be crippling. Hope he gets a full dose.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Rishuz #1696934 11/22/19 09:35 AM
1st String
1st String
I agree and it wouldn't surprise me if they did it just to make it look good and fair fully knowing they were going to reduce Pouncey's suspension and uphold Myles suspension.It was a complete farce.

Last edited by BustkeviousMingo; 11/22/19 09:37 AM. Reason: Spelling and grammar

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Rishuz #1696937 11/22/19 09:43 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yes, they do continually show their bias against the Browns.

[Linked Image]

O
Legend
Legend
O
I know that the actions of the NFL defy this logic, but I don't believe in any sort of smoky-room conspiracy against the Browns.

I do believe, however, that the NFL only cares about public opinion. They want to get past this as quickly as possible. The best way to do that is to focus on one dude, and then pile on. That's what happened here. Another thing people are talking about is that Myles' punishment was actually INCREASED. They tacked a fine on top. They had to send a message that if Myles wants to continue his long NFL career (and he will have one) he needs to just go away until the fervor has died down.

In my head, it makes sense. Why would Randall escape punishment when (totally IMO) his ejection was for something just as bad, if not worse, and caused significant injury (when Myles didn't).

Step 1 - Make the whole incident about 1 person.
Step 2 - Pile on to show that you've done something.
Step 3 - Major news outlets need to get in line.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Oh, one more thing.

My Garrett color rush jersey has been ordered and is in the mail!

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
FATE #1696942 11/22/19 09:57 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: FATE
Then yesterday morning... Within mere moments of the hearing starting, two stories about the Steelers were on the ESPN home page. One with Rudolph apologizing for his part and calling Garrett a good guy. The other with his coach doing the same. It seemed really strange, but for whatever reason - it gave me hope.

Nah, they were just told to get out in front of things, because Myles spilled the beans. They "haven't seen any evidence to support Myles' claim" because that mic recording has been on a flash drive in the NFL's Vault of Lies since last Friday.

The best proof out there is the back-tracking you noted above. From indignant and defiant to contrite and humble. Gee...I wonder why?

The NFL bias is real...the complaining on this board about that very thing has just been justified...again.

I'm not sure that Rudolph escaped suspension because he is white. I think it is because he is a Steeler QB. I think if he were black, asian or martian he still would escape suspension. JMO

Legend
Legend
Karma rules. Let the reindeer games begin.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
I find it doubtful that the NFL can get the mic feed from the QB. Those feeds are controlled by the teams and are highly secure. There is no guarantee that they are even recorded.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I hope Garrett goes to court for an injunction and fights and drags this out as long as possible. The rules are there written by the NFL. The precedent has already been set for his act.

They however went against their on rules. They went against the standard punishment handed out in s ill molar cases. He can and should take this to court.

I know its probably best for the browns to just let it go accept it but it's not right and enough is enough. Garrett fight it.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I think the NFL rules about using the helmet as a weapon is in regards to spearing and targeting. I have been watching football a long time and I have never seen anyone do what Garrett did before. I wasn't on the field so I don't know if Rudolph used a racial slur or not. If he did, then he should be suspended also. If not, then Garrett looks like the perpetrator saying he was the victim. We may never know.

Squires #1696954 11/22/19 10:58 AM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Squires
Rudolph plays the Bengals this week. Will have to wait another week for that punishment to begin.

They don't have Pouncey...who knows, in order to avoid the horrible skidmark of joining the embarrassing 0-16 club, especially as the 2nd team in the same division, the Bengals may see this as their one win of the season and ball out. It would certainly help us!

GO CINCY!

FATE #1696961 11/22/19 11:42 AM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

The Browns Organization was once again punk-slapped and told to get back in it's lane.

The Steelers have experience dealing with the NFL and they know what it takes to help themselves. They know how to apologize and admit their mistakes "publicly" to show remorse.

The Steelers know how to stroke Goodell's ego in an effort to get that 3 game suspension reduced to 2 games. They fall their sword and admit their wrong doing to Goodell and the NFL and it works.

I've watched the Steelers use this script over the years and top to bottom, from the owner to the headcoach to the players involved, they are all on the same page, bowing down to the NFL and their authority over all franchises

The Browns might want to try the Steelers way of sucking up to the NFL and Goodell in an attempt to get some more favorable treatment from the NFL.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
I hope that the Browns crush "Old Red Nose" on the 1st play of the game, and let him know that it is just the start ..... and that they will continue to hit him as hard as they can, on every play they legally can. Talk trash right up to the edge of the rules. Tell him not to cry this time.

Then, also make sure our guys stay under control, no matter what he says back, or does.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
s003apr #1696970 11/22/19 11:58 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: s003apr
I find it doubtful that the NFL can get the mic feed from the QB. Those feeds are controlled by the teams and are highly secure. There is no guarantee that they are even recorded.

Maybe not the QBs mic feed. Pittsburgh can simply say they weren't recording it. Other players are generally mic'd... NFL Films is authorized to “put microphones on any players that NFL Films selects,” but the rules are more specific for quarterbacks.
QB's are required to be mic'd at least once per season, other players can refuse after they have been mic'd four times per season.

Centers (Pouncey) are always mic'd... that's how we hear all the "Omahas". That mic feed goes directly to the NFL truck and is mixed for the telecast. The NFL owns NFL films and records everything for the possibility of future broadcast in documentaries, etc... None of that is controlled by the teams - it's all owned and controlled by the NFL... With a few disclaimers. That's where the rubber may meet the road in this instance.

Article 51 instructs that sound captured for purposes of NFL programming can’t be used during the game in which the player is mic’d without his prior permission. In addition, the player (or his selected team representative) has the right to “embargo” any sound that the player views as “extremely sensitive or inappropriate.” Players can also embargo sound that reflects confidential communications or discussions that could place the player or his team at a competitive disadvantage. Players have 24 hours upon receipt of the sound to issue an embargo. If they do so, the objection would be directed towards NFL Films.

Instead of a clear explanation, what we get in Cleveland, and fans across the nation hear is:
"We looked into it and found no such evidence"

Which is conveniently read as: Myles Garrett is a liar.

s003apr #1696973 11/22/19 12:01 PM
1st String
1st String
Originally Posted By: s003apr
I just wonder if Tomlin heard Mason say something over the mic in his helmet. Aikman said during the broadcast he saw Tomiln telling Mason he is done but he never pulled him from the game for the last play

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I suppose one has to consider giving thought to the possibility that Garrett isn't what he comes across as...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Does anybody else find it odd Rudolph has had a lawyer speaking for him since the get to?

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

1. No evidence found does not mean it did not happen. It means the NFL is playing coy. They know how that will come across, but they know there IS a tape somewhere, and they know there is a POSSIBILITY it will be released. If it does get released, they can play dumb and say, "well never said there wasn't evidence, we just said we did see any". See how that works for them?

Believe me ladies and gents, with parbolic mic's, players wearing mic's, the refs are typically mic'd, nationally televised game.....there is audio of it. I wouldn't be surprised if there was VIDEO of him mouthing it as well. I saw on twitter the LAST FRIDAY someone said at the stadium they showed a reply and you could see it mouthed, and then they never showed that angle again.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
Does anybody else find it odd Rudolph has had a lawyer speaking for him since the get to?

Not at all. The one time he's been allowed to talk freely he's sounded like a complete butt, and that's being kind.

Even various peoples' efforts to filter him have had marginal success.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
J/C

1. No evidence found does not mean it did not happen. It means the NFL is playing coy. They know how that will come across, but they know there IS a tape somewhere, and they know there is a POSSIBILITY it will be released. If it does get released, they can play dumb and say, "well never said there wasn't evidence, we just said we did see any". See how that works for them?

Believe me ladies and gents, with parbolic mic's, players wearing mic's, the refs are typically mic'd, nationally televised game.....there is audio of it. I wouldn't be surprised if there was VIDEO of him mouthing it as well. I saw on twitter the LAST FRIDAY someone said at the stadium they showed a reply and you could see it mouthed, and then they never showed that angle again.

I'm not TMZ fan at all... but if there was ever a time to root for them....

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
J/C

I'm not TMZ fan at all... but if there was ever a time to root for them....
I have been tweeting them nonstop. This is outrageous, and frankly I think it is for BOTH parties (let me explain)

1. If Myles is lying, and I was Mason, I would want the NFL releasing every recording they have. Prove I didn't say it, save my arse on the field and possibly my future.

2. If Myles is NOT lying (which I think is the case), then his reputation is being attacked by them covering this up.

The ones trying to move on the fastest (Mason and the Steelers so far it seems) to me would be the guilty parties. They went from in your face pressers about this incident, to being very coy and compliant. THEY are hiding something, and it will COME OUT.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
I think the NFL rules about using the helmet as a weapon is in regards to spearing and targeting. I have been watching football a long time and I have never seen anyone do what Garrett did before. I wasn't on the field so I don't know if Rudolph used a racial slur or not. If he did, then he should be suspended also. If not, then Garrett looks like the perpetrator saying he was the victim. We may never know.

it has happened. there are plenty of videos out there that have been shared in the last few weeks last one I think was a few years ago.2013?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
I suppose one has to consider giving thought to the possibility that Garrett isn't what he comes across as...

I thought this before this incident.

I'm not saying Myles is a bad person or that I thought he was a bad person, but he constantly demonstrated an immaturity in games. He always talked about individual goals and not team goals. But hey, he likes poetry and dinosaurs so he must be a gentle giant.

Myles put himself before the team. That is the root issue. It all starts with that. He puts himself before the team consistently on the field. That's why we are here. We are here because Myles cares more about himself than his team and teammates.

Now a completely separate issue is his punishment. I don't agree with his punishment or that the punishment fits the crime. Make it definite and not beyond this year and be done with it. The guy made a mistake, he deserves to be punished, he should accept the punishment, and work to not allow that to happen again when he returns. But to be held captive by Goodell and the NFL and some lame ass former players like James Thrash … that's preposterous.

Again, if I were Myles I wouldn't let any man or organization hold me hostage. Retire and sue.

Oh and if there are still MKC supporters left (and I know within the righteous and indignant crowd here there are), please go watch and listen to Wilks presser from yesterday. Watch it the whole way through.

Rishuz #1697003 11/22/19 01:19 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I hope if you are ever called in for jury duty that you are dismissed as a possible juror.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
J/C

Yes. But the NFL owns and controls all of the audio, the networks aren't even afforded the audio form the center's mic - it is mixed in an NFL truck for the telecast. Networks are provided the feed for players that are "mic'd up" but anything that is broadcast must be okayed by an NFL official, on site, on game day.

We'll never hear anything...

PitDAWG #1697006 11/22/19 01:20 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Because?

Rishuz #1697008 11/22/19 01:21 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Because you seem to draw conclusions based on very little evidence.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1697009 11/22/19 01:23 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Which conclusions were those?

Rishuz #1697011 11/22/19 01:31 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
He puts himself before the team consistently on the field. That's why we are here. We are here because Myles cares more about himself than his team and teammates.

#gmstrong
Rishuz #1697015 11/22/19 01:47 PM
Legend
Legend
Myles has demonstrated immaturity during games. Mostly from a discipline standpoint -- until Thursday, obviously.

Myles has stated his goal of DPOY since he was drafted. Everybody has personal goals, this league would be crap if they didn't. When you voice them, people ask about them... responses are repetitive and invite scrutiny. For whatever reason, I cringe nearly every time a player names a "personal goal".

Myles got off to a hot start, "his goal" was repeated in the media and he was questioned about it frequently. It reached overload status during Rams week -- with the inevitable comparisons to the man who holds the crown now. And let's be honest, when you are having a DPOY type season (which he was) it gets repeated even more.

"That’s the only way to stamp your name in the history books," Garrett said. "To be the best defensive player, you’ve got to win DPOY. That’s always a goal but if I don’t win that, they’ll talk about being a team player and taking my team to Super Bowls."

TBH, I feel like most of this type stuff gets blown out of proportion because we here it ad nauseam.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Garrett Part 3

Link Copied to Clipboard