Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Exactly. The 6 game suspension is more than enough so why would you make a statement like this and allow it to fester longer? In my life experiences I have come to the conclusion that many people that are in high positions don't have a clue and don't belong there. I'm getting that feeling about the ones that run this league.

FATE #1697479 11/24/19 01:21 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FATE
Oh yeah... And "shut up and stay in your lane until then".

This is exactly what they are doing. Dont make waves, dont question us,dont appeal, dont sue, dont make US look bad. Be quite, be good, grovel then we will probably let you back in.

Its disgusting. It has nothing to do with discipline. It is all about control of image.

Joe Thomas #73
FATE #1697482 11/24/19 01:33 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
What on God's green earth does that even mean?? The only thing that can be surmised is that he better do some serious a$$ kissing when they sit back down.

What a FARCE.

It means he needs to go back in and do his best linda Lovelace impression if he wants to play next year notallthere

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Legend
Legend
D
They are saying "Ix-nay on the acial-ray ur-slay stuff, capische?".

P
Rookie
Rookie
P
It was a solid effort by Myles Smollett but fortunately the league is far less gullible than the average fan. It was a desperate hail mary attempt to lessen his punishment, albeit a poor one.

Last edited by Pittfan43; 11/24/19 05:04 PM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pittfan43
It was a solid effort by Myles Smollett but fortunately the league is far less gullible than the average fan. It was a desperate hail mary attempt to lessen his punishment, albeit a poor one.

That's okay troll. We'll beat you down next week without him.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1698353 11/24/19 06:04 PM
P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Originally Posted By: Pittfan43

That's okay troll. We'll beat you down next week without him.

You should. The Steelers offense is garbage without Ben. Their season was over 8 weeks ago.

Last edited by Pittfan43; 11/24/19 06:05 PM.
R
Legend
Legend
R
But what about the Duck?

I'd rather have Rudolph playing.

FATE #1698362 11/24/19 06:20 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Typical .. so why not just say he’s suspended 6 games then? To prove a point that they didn’t lessen their original suspension?

"The NFL will be open-minded and listen to Garrett during the offseason meeting, and if his behavior is what the league hopes it will be and his answers are accurate, there's a strong chance he will not miss any playing time in 2020, according to sources."

What on God's green earth does that even mean?? The only thing that can be surmised is that he better do some serious a$$ kissing when they sit back down.

What a FARCE.

It means that if he lets it drop and toes the line and allows this to just become an old story swept aside where Myles is the bad guy, then he will be back on time for next season, but if he keeps appealing things and keeps stirring the pot by bringing up things that make this a larger and messier story for the NFL to deal with, then they'll have little choice but to feel that he is not remorseful enough for his actions and he won't be reinstated.

"NFL is hopeful", my azz.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Typical .. so why not just say he’s suspended 6 games then? To prove a point that they didn’t lessen their original suspension?

"The NFL will be open-minded and listen to Garrett during the offseason meeting, and if his behavior is what the league hopes it will be and his answers are accurate, there's a strong chance he will not miss any playing time in 2020, according to sources."

What a FARCE.

It means that if he lets it drop and toes the line and allows this to just become an old story swept aside where Myles is the bad guy, then he will be back on time for next season, but if he keeps appealing things and keeps stirring the pot by bringing up things that make this a larger and messier story for the NFL to deal with, then they'll have little choice but to feel that he is not remorseful enough for his actions and he won't be reinstated.

"NFL is hopeful", my azz.

Bingo.

The only thing I'd say to Myles to maybe get in line with this is his suspension was always going to be until the end of the year no matter what. Everyone knew that the moment it happened. While I've advocating fighting this numerous times - and have also read that Myles and his family are investigating legal action - if the NFL is saying you're back week 1 next year, I'd let it drop.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I should be but I’m actually not amazed at all that any of you don’t see this with objective eyes. If this were any other team you’d be saying all the same things everyone else is saying. If you’re outside of the city of Cleveland this is so obvious.

He made football generally and the league itself look very very very bad in a super visable way at a time when football and the league are desperate to play down the violence and the physical dangers of the game. On a thursday no less, when there were few distractions. This was a massive facepalm in the league office.

They need him and this story to go away and they frankly don’t know how long it will take to die down. Having an immediate appeal and crying racism was exactly the wrong way to get it to die down. So very dumb.

They *think* it should blow over by next season but they don’t really know and a lot will depend on him. He and the team (and the Cleveland media) need to go super low profile on this. He and the incident need to be “that which we speak not of again”. Period. The whole fairness part of it is irrelevant and childish. See it for what it is; a massive PR gaffe that must be allowed to fade.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
R
Legend
Legend
R
Myles is in this position because of Myles. I don't think that's in dispute.

But the handling of the case and the punishment is not equitable. This isn't the first time Goodell has been viewed as not being equitable. You have a corrupt individual intoxicated by the power of his position that continues to make decisions as judge, jury, and executioner without any checks and balances.

That's the part that I would consider fighting. Myles screwed up, deserves to be suspended, and hurt himself and the team. I don't think any of that is in question. And if there are any fans who aren't upset with Myles because of this, I'd suggest taking off your brown and orange colored glasses, setting them on the ground, and stopping on them.

O
Legend
Legend
O

CLEVELAND BROWNS FANS USE HELMET TO HIT A MASON RUDOLPH PINATA BEFORE GAME (VIDEO)

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/11/2...fore-game-video

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/24/19 09:17 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Rishuz #1698436 11/24/19 09:41 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The league is a private organization. What’s “fair” is what they decide. The court of public opinion (and public dollars) is the only one that really counts and no one is paying much attention to anything other than that 1.2 seconds when Miles swings the helmet. Everything before and after is irrelevant noise. If he were on the Falcons or the Rams or whoever, we’d have paid attention for the day it was on rapid loop on ESPN and we, as unaffected fans of another team, would have drawn summary judgment and that would be that. Everyone thinks they’re different... and they’re not. All of this hand wringing about what Mason did and any of the others, what’s really a fair punishment (which should almost always be less in the eyes of browns fans... shocking!) is totally irrelevant. There’s nothing to fight. He’s done for the year. If he’s a good boy and the wind blows in the right direction he comes back as quietly as possible at the beginning of next year. That’s a best case scenario.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
E
Legend
Legend
E
As much as I feel Mason Rudolph makes an exceptional pinata, that seems to be in poor taste.

No Craps Given
R
Legend
Legend
R
I could not disagree more.

EveDawg #1698454 11/24/19 10:47 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
As much as I feel Mason Rudolph makes an exceptional pinata, that seems to be in poor taste.

I wasn't involved, I just posted it. wink

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
EveDawg #1698456 11/24/19 10:57 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Normally, I'd feel the same way.
I'm OK with this particular example.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
The NFL needs Myles more than Myles needs the NFL.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
EveDawg #1698526 11/25/19 10:21 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
You're right, but I still think it's hilarious.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess
.....If he’s a good boy and the wind blows in the right direction he comes back as quietly as possible at the beginning of next year. That’s a best case scenario.

That ain't happening. It will be the talk of the week when he returns, and all this will get rehashed. I would not be surprised if it is scheduled so his first game back is against Pitt.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
I need to add emoji Likes to this site just so I can come back and <3 that post.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

No, no they really don't.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Any bets on when this meeting will take place?

The Browns fan in me thinks it will be well after the draft and probably late into training camp, just to screw with him and us more. As in, there's no way they meet in February. That would make free agency and the draft easier (not that we'd be replacing him, but maybe signing/drafting a backup would be in order if he's out the beginning AND he's a target for more future suspensions).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
The NFL is a "private" organization right up until the time they want the public to build and maintain the rather expensive facilities they need to conduct their private business in a manner that makes them googles of money.

Legend
Legend
League year starts on March 18th, 2020. That would be the absolute soonest they would rule on his eligibility. Hopefully they don't play the same games with him that they did with Gordon... Although I understand the deal with Gordon - repeat offender, annual headache.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Any bets on when this meeting will take place?

The Browns fan in me thinks it will be well after the draft and probably late into training camp, just to screw with him and us more. As in, there's no way they meet in February. That would make free agency and the draft easier (not that we'd be replacing him, but maybe signing/drafting a backup would be in order if he's out the beginning AND he's a target for more future suspensions).

Don't like quoting myself but I lost the EDIT capabilities.

"That would make free agency and the draft easier." If we knew his status before free agency and the draft. Not knowing, that would put us in a bit of a bind. If he's out for 4-6 to start and he's now on the "repeat offender" list, do we sign/draft a guy that can log a some games in his spot?

And yeah, if he hits a QB up high in week 7 next year, is that a fine or is he automatically suspended (see Vontaze)? He already had a problem getting flagged when he shouldn't AND also he did hit a bit late and hard some other times, so this could get very tricky going forward.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I thought it was A very bold move on Mrs. Haslam’s part to wear the cap with “95” on it at the game. Myles doesn’t have to worry about ownership having his back.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
I thought it was A very bold move on Mrs. Haslam’s part to wear the cap with “95” on it at the game. Myles doesn’t have to worry about ownership having his back.

Issued an apology to every living creature in existence,then wore a hat.Mixed message.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
T
Legend
Legend
T
Nice signature the only problem is it's been "year one" since 1995, how many years is that. thumbsdown

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: BCbrownie

Issued an apology to every living creature in existence,then wore a hat.Mixed message.

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about her wearing that hat yesterday.

Tackles are tackles.
FATE #1698631 11/25/19 03:43 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
David Decastro's example casts an even heavier shadow on Myles' actions. The calm and level-headed approach to absolute chaos. It seems that if Myles just had a small part of that psychological fortitude, in that moment, things would have been much different.

Did you ever consider that DeCastro heard what Myles heard and fully understood why Myles ripped his helmet off the way he did.. which is why after watching his QB get his helmet ripped off he was able to be calm and just try to usher Myles away from him rather than defending his QB in that moment?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: The Beast

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Yea, Myles is one year away from about 6 years $140 million... Not sure where, other than the NFL, he's going to get that deal.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
David Decastro's example casts an even heavier shadow on Myles' actions. The calm and level-headed approach to absolute chaos. It seems that if Myles just had a small part of that psychological fortitude, in that moment, things would have been much different.

Did you ever consider that DeCastro heard what Myles heard and fully understood why Myles ripped his helmet off the way he did.. which is why after watching his QB get his helmet ripped off he was able to be calm and just try to usher Myles away from him rather than defending his QB in that moment?

Well, to be honest, not til now. I still think 9 of 10 players would be no where near as calm and non-combative after watching their QB get bashed over the head with a helmet. Besides that, unless MR screamed it out loud, I doubt DeCastro was close enough to hear it.

Food for thought though.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: BCbrownie

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about her wearing that hat yesterday.

Maybe she has mixed feelings about doing all that apologizing, lol. Probably the only time we’ll see it.

FATE #1698650 11/25/19 05:06 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

Well, to be honest, not til now. I still think 9 of 10 players would be no where near as calm and non-combative after watching their QB get bashed over the head with a helmet. Besides that, unless MR screamed it out loud, I doubt DeCastro was close enough to hear it.

Food for thought though.

I don't know, DeCastro and Villanueva were standing pretty close by during the first scrum on the ground with the helmet ripping..

But until just now, I never noticed... DeCastro was actually protecting Garrett after the helmet swing. He took him down and was on top of him but he wasn't punching or kicking, he was just lying there, limiting what other Steelers were able to do...

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is the latest photo of Mason Rudolph taken Sunday night:

1st String
1st String
MASON RUDOLPH ALMOST SLIPPED UP & CONFIRMED HE CALLED MYLES GARRETT A RACIAL SLUR WHEN RESPONDING TO CLAIM
https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/11/2...to-claim-video/
By Darrelle Lincoln

The dreaded Freudian slip. It has gotten the best of us, but I’m sure Mason Rudolph would like a do-over on this interview.

Following the Steelers win over the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, the benched QB finally got his opportunity to respond to Myles Garrett claims that he used a racial slur that caused the brawl during the Browns-Steelers game last Thursday.

In his attempt to state how wrong Garrett was, Rudolph almost stated it was “totally true” before catching himself and stating it was untrue.

The NFL has already came out and cleared Rudolph of that claim, as they had nobody mic’d up

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
FATE #1698798 11/26/19 08:59 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
There is a stark difference in whose actions caused us to be in the position we're in and the motivation on the part of that player. Here's the statement you made....

Quote:
He puts himself before the team consistently on the field. That's why we are here. We are here because Myles cares more about himself than his team and teammates.

There is zero evidence to suggest that was the motivation behind what transpired. Zero.

The evidence is the action. There's no more evidence that's needed.

On a side note, I don't think Garrett ever takes another snap in the NFL.

How 'bout I give you 10-1 odds and you put $100 where that pie-hole lives. naughtydevil

Ill put a 1000 at 10-1 he plays again as well.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Garrett Part 3

Link Copied to Clipboard