Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Regardless of how you look at our situation we have problems. I posted on another thread that I thought Freddie was a good gamble based on what happened last year. Sadly, it doesn't look that way now. We need a coach that commands respect, teaches discipline and holds the players accountable. I know John Dorsey hired Freddie but I can't blame him as I said the situation looked good when he did it. JD took a shot with Freddie and it didn't work out. Another thing I don't understand is why the Haslams are getting ripped? I haven't heard anything about them interfering. It seems like they gave control to JD and he has been making the decisions. All in all it looks like we will have a new coaching staff next year but I think there will be some interest because of the talent we have. It just needs to be utilized better with the addition of a few new players.

1. Rumors are that Freddie was hired because JD didn't want anyone that would clap back at him. Which seems to be the case with some of these weird roster moves we are seeing, if you asking me.

2. Every organization, runs top to bottom. Haslams are at the top. Just like Freddie being Dorseys failure, Dorsey is their failure. It all leads back to the owner, if you team doesn't win -your damned if you do and damned if you don't. That still lays at your feet, as you own the team. Fair, maybe not. But ill take the blame for a couple billion of dollars smile

I think that's less true now than before. Haslam hired Dorsey, and there's a reason we call him 'King John'. Browns are his show to run. Haslam let him pick that coach and let him set the org structure. While I agree with you that that guy at the top is responsible for everything, in terms of what we're talking about here (players picked up/released, coaches hired, etc) it's all Dorsey.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
bbrowns32 #1702275 12/03/19 05:10 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
You may want to give Pit a "heads-up"...

First Pit would actually have to give a damn. I don't.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
The problem you actually have is that there is zero evidence that Sashi had any ability to build a team. None.

And to be fair to that, we have yet to see evidence Dorsey can do that here. He can build talent, but not a team.

The job of a GM is to give the coaches the talent to create a winning team. We saw him do it in KC. The talent is there with the addition of a few moving parts. Rome wasn't built in a day even though many Browns fans seem to feel otherwise.

Thus far, from a strictly talent standpoint, Rome is ahead of schedule.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I know the saying. But absence of proof is also evidence.

saywhat

rofl

Let me put this on a level maybe even you can understand.

I've never flown a jet. How would you like to take a flight to Vegas this week-end with me as the pilot?

Yeah, I didn't think so. But, I mean just because I've never flown a jet doesn't mean I can't, right?

rofl

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1702281 12/03/19 05:20 PM
Legend
Legend
Hey, free trip to Vegas?

I'm in as long as you're the one flying it and not the one landing it. wink

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Rumor has it that OBJ runs the wrong routes too. And nobody likes spreading rumors more than the folks on Dawgalkers.

#gmstrong
PrplPplEater #1702283 12/03/19 05:21 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Hey, free trip to Vegas?

I'm in as long as you're the one flying it and not the one landing it. wink

Well I've never done that before either. But just because I never have doesn't mean i can't, right?

wink

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1702286 12/03/19 05:25 PM
Legend
Legend
I guarantee that you can.... at least once smile

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

PrplPplEater #1702291 12/03/19 05:37 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You bet your ass I can! smile

#gmstrong
Swish #1702302 12/03/19 05:55 PM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but did you see who was right behind Carson when he downed that awesome punt on the one yard line? The Scottish Hammer! Gotta love that guy.

TrooperDawg #1702380 12/03/19 11:26 PM
Legend
Legend
j/c

One last gripe, and I'll leave this awful experience in the past where it belongs.

One of the most frustrating things about last Sunday was that many of the teams Browns needed to lose did just that. CLE had a prime opportunity to advance their case for the post season and blew chunks like a cheap retread on I-75.

banghead

"too many notes, not enough music-"
PitDAWG #1702393 12/04/19 12:58 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I know the saying. But absence of proof is also evidence.

saywhat

rofl

Let me put this on a level maybe even you can understand.

I've never flown a jet. How would you like to take a flight to Vegas this week-end with me as the pilot?

Yeah, I didn't think so. But, I mean just because I've never flown a jet doesn't mean I can't, right?

rofl

Let’s say you get on a flight to Vegas and Freddie is the pilot. He says he can fly the plane and he has a license. And you do know he has experience flying smaller planes.

How long do you sit on the tarmac sweating waiting for take off while he tries to figure out how to work the controls and is a constant state of denial on the obvious before you realize he’s not the pilot for that trip?

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Clemdawg #1702422 12/04/19 09:58 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
j/c

One last gripe, and I'll leave this awful experience in the past where it belongs.

One of the most frustrating things about last Sunday was that many of the teams Browns needed to lose did just that. CLE had a prime opportunity to advance their case for the post season and blew chunks like a cheap retread on I-75.

banghead

I always said the Browns were making the playoffs for sure if they win out. They controlled their own destiny.

Instead they once again embarrass themselves.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Apples and oranges my friend. Dorsey already made the choice to fly with Freddie.

#gmstrong
Rishuz #1702650 12/04/19 07:40 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I always said the Browns were making the playoffs for sure if they win out. They controlled their own destiny.

Instead they once again embarrass themselves.

And some others..

Swish #1702719 12/05/19 09:50 AM
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
PitDAWG #1703179 12/06/19 04:08 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Apples and oranges my friend. Dorsey already made the choice to fly with Freddie.

And hopefully he will realize this was a HUGE error and correct in the offseason. Freddie is not the guy. Not mature enough. Not a leadership figure. Playcalling is suspect. Game management is questionable. This roster cannot wait around 2-3 more years for a coach to figure out how to do his job. That's how I see it.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
The Beast #1703180 12/06/19 04:21 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
After 12 games as a first time HC that's a lot of conclusions to draw.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1703251 12/06/19 07:20 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
After 12 games as a first time HC that's a lot of conclusions to draw.

Only took me 3 games to figure that out.. He's a repeat of Hue.. You know the first time HC and want to be OC at the same time..

Freddie should have learned from Hue's mistakes..but he didn't..he acts just like him..

Maybe Freddie should have learned to be a HC first.. then work his way into multi tasking..

Swish #1703269 12/06/19 08:48 PM
S
Legend
Legend
S
Really late on this, but it's been an unbelievably long week, and this is my first chance to really sit down grab my laptop.

Really disappointed in the defense on Sunday, that's twice now that we got beat by undrafted rookies making their first start, c'mon man.

I like some of the things that Steve Wilks as done, but why in the hell do our corners make no play on deep balls? They always end up with their helmet in the chest of the receiver, it's either a flag, or the guy ends up with the ball. It's embarrassing, and it absolutely killed us.

I like Freddie, I think he can be a coordinator in the league a long time, but I don't think the players respect him. I think they like him a lot too. I think they like playing for him, but I don't think they respect him. Obviously, he doesn't have the cache built up that a guy who has been a head coach for 10 years has. Everyone has to start somewhere and prove yourself, but I don't think these guys have bought in.

I thought Baker hung in there with the bad hand, but he had a chance to do something special at the end of the game, and he had a bad throw. He's gotta get better. I think he will. It's tough with young quarterbacks. People rode Mitch Trubisky all year, and he's actually starting to play a little better. I think we gotta keep being patient.

There are a lot of things I just don't understand with this team, and it's so frustrating. Their problems aren't huge overwhelming issues. It's all this little stuff that snowballs into losing by a touchdown, losing by less than a touchdown, being in the game the whole time, and just falling short. The Seattle game, the Denver game, this last game. Just a bunch of stupid little stuff that can derail a season. They aren't doing every little thing that you see a Belichick-coached team do. The Patriots are not, and have not ever really been a dominant team. They aren't built like that. They just outdo you every game. They do all the little things. They aren't blowing out teams every week. With the exception of that last super bowl, all of their others were one score-last minute wins. It's more impressive than just steamrolling through the league. They just find ways to win. From Brady down to guys on special teams.

I don't know if there is a coach out there that can get that out of these guys. More than half the league is looking for that coach.

PrplPplEater #1703279 12/06/19 10:00 PM
Legend
Legend
No worries! We have just enough fuel to reach the crash site. Buckle up because the Browns Air Limited isn't done scaring us this season. Flight Freddie thanks you for flying NFL coach.
Please wait for the touchdown as we circle some more.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Really late on this, but it's been an unbelievably long week, and this is my first chance to really sit down grab my laptop.

Really disappointed in the defense on Sunday, that's twice now that we got beat by undrafted rookies making their first start, c'mon man.

I like some of the things that Steve Wilks as done, but why in the hell do our corners make no play on deep balls? They always end up with their helmet in the chest of the receiver, it's either a flag, or the guy ends up with the ball. It's embarrassing, and it absolutely killed us.

I like Freddie, I think he can be a coordinator in the league a long time, but I don't think the players respect him. I think they like him a lot too. I think they like playing for him, but I don't think they respect him. Obviously, he doesn't have the cache built up that a guy who has been a head coach for 10 years has. Everyone has to start somewhere and prove yourself, but I don't think these guys have bought in.

I thought Baker hung in there with the bad hand, but he had a chance to do something special at the end of the game, and he had a bad throw. He's gotta get better. I think he will. It's tough with young quarterbacks. People rode Mitch Trubisky all year, and he's actually starting to play a little better. I think we gotta keep being patient.

There are a lot of things I just don't understand with this team, and it's so frustrating. Their problems aren't huge overwhelming issues. It's all this little stuff that snowballs into losing by a touchdown, losing by less than a touchdown, being in the game the whole time, and just falling short. The Seattle game, the Denver game, this last game. Just a bunch of stupid little stuff that can derail a season. They aren't doing every little thing that you see a Belichick-coached team do. The Patriots are not, and have not ever really been a dominant team. They aren't built like that. They just outdo you every game. They do all the little things. They aren't blowing out teams every week. With the exception of that last super bowl, all of their others were one score-last minute wins. It's more impressive than just steamrolling through the league. They just find ways to win. From Brady down to guys on special teams.

I don't know if there is a coach out there that can get that out of these guys. More than half the league is looking for that coach.

I can't add a thing to this post, so I'll simply repost it for max exposure. This is just so dead on-point.

Browns can be anything they want to be and I'll mostly go along with it. Just don't be bush league.
I don't ask for much, but I do ask that you don't embarrass me for wearing your colors.

Bard Dawg #1703304 12/07/19 12:42 AM
Legend
Legend
rofl rofl rofl
rofl rofl rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
While I don't totally disagree with your opinion on Kitchens, I would like to remind you that Belichick went 6-10, 7-9 and 7-9 his first three years as an NFL HC.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1703395 12/07/19 01:55 PM
S
Legend
Legend
S
While I don't totally disagree with your opinion on Kitchens, I would like to remind you that Belichick went 6-10, 7-9 and 7-9 his first three years as an NFL HC.

Totally get that, like I said, everyone needs to build their own cache. Nobody just takes over control of a team for the first time, and commands respect. Belichick also changed the way he coached in New England, learning from some of his mistakes in Cleveland. We all know by the end of his Cleveland days, he had that team on the right path.

We're only 12 games into Kitchens' entire head coaching career, and while it's a little unfair to judge him after only 12 games, there are things that are concerning and bothersome, and none of them have to do with stupid t-shirts, or what he does with his own free time.

I'm not going to parade in the fire Freddie crowd, but I think if they are able to identify someone who can get his team to do everything little thing possible to win, then they should fire him, but I don't think they should for the sake of it. We've seen so many offseasons where coaches get hired and fired, and it really shows that not every year do you see a really good coaching candidate. I think they should be patient, and find someone who really fits the bill. I don't think they did that. I think they saw a guy who was already in the building, had turned around an offense, and thought maybe they could carry over last year's positives. It didn't work, and it looks bad.

For the record, I love Chico Rivera, and I think he would be a great fit for the Browns. I don't know if they are even serious about considering him, but he would be the strong, respected leader that this organization so very badly needs.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I just think it's unrealistic for anyone, including Dorsey to think Freddie was going to come out gangbusters in his first year as a HC at any level, much less the NFL level.

I can't say whether they will give Freddie another year to see if he can right the ship or not. What I can say is that if anyone could not have seen this as a very possible scenario, they were pretty shortsighted.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1703444 12/07/19 05:39 PM
S
Legend
Legend
S
I just think it's unrealistic for anyone, including Dorsey to think Freddie was going to come out gangbusters in his first year as a HC at any level, much less the NFL level.

I can't say whether they will give Freddie another year to see if he can right the ship or not. What I can say is that if anyone could not have seen this as a very possible scenario, they were pretty shortsighted.

I brought it up after the hire. He made a huge jump from starting off 2018 as a positional coach, to beginning 2019 as a head coach. I said it with Hue Jackson. Being a good coordinator does not equal you to be a great coach. I don't even think they are one in the same. You have to be able to handle the entire roster, the practice squad, your staff of coaches. It's a lot. He went from handling a few players to handling the whole damn thing. It's too much for him right now. Can he come out of this, and end up a good coach? Sure, but after 12 games, I don't see them doing everything they can to win. They have mostly won games on talent.

Have they stolen a game yet? They have 5 wins. The Jets, Ravens, Bills, Steelers, and Dolphins. They didn't steal any of them. They were all pretty dominant wins other than the Bills game.

But how many were stolen from them? You could argue quite a few. Seattle ripped one right from them. The Steelers did last week. Denver did.

It's concerning. I don't think it'a death sentence for Freddie, but like I said, these guys aren't doing eveyrything to win for him. They haven't bought in.

P
Legend
Legend
P
We agree to a point and disagree to a point. We certainly agree on the steep learning curve it takes to make such a leap on the coaching ladder. I mean he only had half a season as an NFL coordinator.

And we also agree they aren't doing everything they need to do to win. I guess the possible difference is that I think understanding how to do that and having the ability to do that takes time too.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1703479 12/07/19 08:20 PM
S
Legend
Legend
S
The ability to get people to buy in, on a football field or anywhere else, is such a rare quality.

I love dominant wins, won’t get me wrong, but we gotta see this team steal some. The great teams do. Nobody in the NFL can just hit on all cylinders week in and week out, I think you gotta tread water and find a way when it just isn’t your week.

I’m pulling for him though. He has a great offensive mind , nobody can argue that.

But I seriously hope in the background, behind closed doors they are putting together a plan for if he doesn’t work out, and I hope it’s not some puppet. Can’t win like that.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Steelers 20 Post Game

Link Copied to Clipboard