Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm beginning to believe in Exorcisms

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Eater : I enjoy the sarcasm , really I do. I believe Myles was pre Dorsey ? Who dosn't love Chub ( throw Hunt in there too ) I think Baker can be the guy .. Some Fans are in doubt .. Now the rest of the story ; I for one believe in the theory that Dorsey is not into a more challenging Coach ( insert name ) .. Never understood the hire of Air raid Moken or Wilks . Don't think they will be here next season. How many players that Dorsey brought in over the off season will be with the Team in a year or so ? This is HIS roster and Coaching staff.

.. Dorsey made a couple of good draft picks .. The sad part is he is the man in some eyes because of that .. That's how bad this organization has been ( again this season ) . So little makes many happy.

.. Will be interesting to see how Haslam handles the off season. I suspect Dorsey will get a couple more seasons to right the ship. He just ain't King John to me at this juncture .. Just my opinion.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I think a lot of the disapointment this year has been the high expectations this team was straddled with. From everyone..
Many games were lost do to tipped passes that should have been caught..fumbles at the worst times..running wrong routes. Penaltys..stupid player decisions by players and questionable decisions by the coaches. No ONE thing or problem caused them all. We are ranked 17th and 16th overall for offense and defense this year. Its been a lot worse in the past. I think bad luck..injuries and a young team caused more issues than Dorsey or Freddie caused. Lets give them more time before starting over with the next great hire...

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: Hammer
The pain, the PAIN!!!!

Lol! Extra bonus points!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The problem with running these guys off after (less than) a (complete) season is who's going to want to replace them?

I've seen Rivera mentioned, but who would be his OC? I doubt Norv Turner comes back.

Aaron Rodgers disliked McCarthy's offense so much at the end that he was drawing up his own plays in the huddle.

We ran Shanahan off with our dysfunction and lack of support for the coaches.

Monken's been here and his part of the offense is a mess.

And I've seen some future first timers who will likely face struggles if they transition. If they're willing to take the job at all after seeing a former first timer given little to no opportunity to develop anything. The dysfunctional Redskins might be more appealing.

How many former coaches are the Haslams still paying?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
Aaron Rodgers disliked McCarthy's offense so much at the end that he was drawing up his own plays in the huddle.

Ray Farmer texting down to the sidelines questioning the play calling and Manziel being forced to start by Haslam and Alec Scheiner was what drove Shanahan to want to get the hell out of town.

Interestingly, Sheil Kapadia just wrote a lengthy piece in The Athletic titled Ranking NFL play-callers based on opening possession game scripts. The Browns ranked 6th out of all 32 NFL teams. Is Monken the one helping Freddie script the plays to start the game and it falls apart after the scripted plays are exhausted? From the article...

6. Cleveland Browns
Freddie Kitchens and the Browns have been very good on opening possessions. Baker Mayfield has averaged 8.6 net yards per pass play on the first drive — the fifth-best average for any quarterback. After the first possession, though, the Browns have averaged just 1.63 points per drive, which ranks tied for 23rd.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
FREDDIE MUST GO!

Hell, even the players want it!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Just saw the presser, man I've never seen a bigger group of idiots than those reporters asking the questions. The last question, "Do you understand the disappointment the fans are feeling?" What a well thought out intelligent inquiry there.

Cleveland has easily one of the worst sports teams in media in the country.. I've been around to see

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

Ray Farmer texting down to the sidelines questioning the play calling and Manziel being forced to start by Haslam and Alec Scheiner was what drove Shanahan to want to get the hell out of town.

Interestingly, Sheil Kapadia just wrote a lengthy piece in The Athletic titled Ranking NFL play-callers based on opening possession game scripts. The Browns ranked 6th out of all 32 NFL teams. Is Monken the one helping Freddie script the plays to start the game and it falls apart after the scripted plays are exhausted? From the article...

6. Cleveland Browns
Freddie Kitchens and the Browns have been very good on opening possessions. Baker Mayfield has averaged 8.6 net yards per pass play on the first drive — the fifth-best average for any quarterback. After the first possession, though, the Browns have averaged just 1.63 points per drive, which ranks tied for 23rd.

this is exactly what I think is happening. Once the scripted plays are exhausted and you have to call based on game flow/feel Kitchens inexperience shows. Dorsey should be fired for letting a rookie hc call his own plays, not even counting letting him pick all the coaches. What seems to be lost is Kitchens has been a position coach his entire career.. and compound that with Dorsey never having the responsibility to hire a HC before.. He didn't do himself any favors hitching himself to FK. He would have been alot better off taking the safer picks of McCarthy/Arians who are proven guys and know what it takes to put a staff together and run a camp.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Once the scripted plays are exhausted and you have to call based on game flow/feel Kitchens inexperience shows.

Which flies in the face of what we saw from him last season when he was like a virtuoso conducting an orchestra. There's more to the story, there has to be... but we aren't gonna get it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I still wonder if there isn't something going on with Baket that he isn't talking about ..... injury .... or I don't know what.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Pete Carmichael is a name I would be looking at. He has been the OC in New Orleans for the last 11 years. We have the rb’s, we have the wr’s, we might have the qb to run the Saints offense. Just throwing a name out there.

If not him, I would go:

1. McCarthey
2. Rivera
3. Stefanski

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
Pete Carmichael is a name I would be looking at. He has been the OC in New Orleans for the last 11 years. We have the rb’s, we have the wr’s, we might have the qb to run the Saints offense. Just throwing a name out there.

If not him, I would go:

1. McCarthey
2. Rivera
3. Stefanski

Hmmmmmm, this is intriguing. Look at this, what do you know, he was once in Cleveland. ooo

Cleveland Browns (2000)
Tight ends coach & offensive assistant

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
If Rivera is brought in, I'll tell you who his OC is gonna be. It will be the guy who served as OC for him around 2011. naughtydevil

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
J/c

I’d make signing Hunt a priority then throw a butt load of money at Greg Roman to come here as HC or OC or water boy, I don’t care so long as he puts together our run game with Chubb and Hunt.

I don’t know who I really want to be honest. I don’t care. I can’t even care enough about the game from week to week let alone next season. I was seriously ready to turn the game off at the end of the 1st quarter because it was clear as day the a Browns had not intent on playing. Chubb, Hunt, and Mack Wilson we’re the only 3 guys worth watching.

Freddie is a bust. I know the playoff chances were slim, but they would have been much greater had we not dropped the second Steelers game. How in the hell as a coach, when your team is playing meaningful , WINNABLE games that could land you in the playoffs, put such a disinterested group of people on the field????

Just once I wish Mary Kay or Grossi or Newsroom Carl would ask a Freddie: if the team wasn’t prepared like you thought they were, then what were you doing all week?

I feel like there’s already a docudrama about Freddie Kitchens as a HC. It’s a little flick called Tommyboy

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I still wonder if there isn't something going on with Baket that he isn't talking about ..... injury .... or I don't know what.

His wife is really a succubus...

Legend
Legend
Kevin Stefanski would have been a smarter choice a year ago

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Rookie
Rookie
R
Originally Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan
I think a lot of the disapointment this year has been the high expectations this team was straddled with. From everyone..
Many games were lost do to tipped passes that should have been caught..fumbles at the worst times..running wrong routes. Penaltys..stupid player decisions by players and questionable decisions by the coaches. No ONE thing or problem caused them all. We are ranked 17th and 16th overall for offense and defense this year. Its been a lot worse in the past. I think bad luck..injuries and a young team caused more issues than Dorsey or Freddie caused. Lets give them more time before starting over with the next great hire...
AGREE

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
The horrific collapse is here.

I have to agree with this.

My guess is that this weekend Freddie will suffer his worst loss as a HC.

And then we lose to Cincy. Because this team has no heart.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Just saw the presser, man I've never seen a bigger group of idiots than those reporters asking the questions. The last question, "Do you understand the disappointment the fans are feeling?" What a well thought out intelligent inquiry there.
Actually, I liked that question. Its about time someone had the fans back and questioned these guys instead of kissing their rears. Hold them accountable.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: runback
AGREE

LOL.. anything is worth to excuse the QB...

Poor HC and QB play have been the major problems, and both problems are tied. Kitchens is the HC because of Baker.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Quote:
Once the scripted plays are exhausted and you have to call based on game flow/feel Kitchens inexperience shows.

Which flies in the face of what we saw from him last season when he was like a virtuoso conducting an orchestra. There's more to the story, there has to be... but we aren't gonna get it.

Maybe, or Kitchens was getting help last year from others that we don't know about.

Last year, we don't know what help kitchens was getting or who had input.

This year, from what we have been told by Kitchens, hes the man calling the plays and the game plan with input from Monken. Sounds like a duck to me.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001088854/article/multiple-browns-say-come-get-me-to-cardinals

We have to move away from Kitchens and Baker, or we will be back rebuilding very soon.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
AGREE

Poor HC and QB play have been the major problems, and both problems are tied. Kitchens is the HC because of Baker.

I dont excuse Baker in this mess. He has been a disappointment as well. Decisions have been bad at times and not seeing the field properly has caused MANY 3 and outs. I think he is metally and physically exhausted. His first full season and the results has taken a toll. The difference IS.. I still see his drive and desire to be great and expect he will come back much more prepared next year.

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

And McDermott a few years before that...

There's a trend here...

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

There's a trend here...

Again, the gravest mistake the Browns have ever made in their 20 year rebirth is allowing Shanahan to walk away. They should have immediately fired Pettine after that PPT and promoted KS. Hands down biggest mistake.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

There's a trend here...

Again, the gravest mistake the Browns have ever made in their 20 year rebirth is allowing Shanahan to walk away. They should have immediately fired Pettine after that PPT and promoted KS. Hands down biggest mistake.
The gravest mistake was selling the team to Jimmy.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
AGREE

I dont excuse Baker in this mess. He has been a disappointment as well. Decisions have been bad at times and not seeing the field properly has caused MANY 3 and outs. I think he is metally and physically exhausted. His first full season and the results has taken a toll. The difference IS.. I still see his drive and desire to be great and expect he will come back much more prepared next year.

I have to confess my biggest problem with Baker are the Baker fans.

I don't want to lose Jarvis and OBJ and the O just because of keeping Baker.

Fire Kitchens, hire a good back-up QB, give the team to Chubb.

Clearly both Kitchens and Baker are not part of the solution...

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
And dont get me started on the players interest has been lost and the coaches cant motivate them.. BS.. Players that want to be great dont give a crap about raw raw speeches and holding hands. They give 100 percent of themselves at every chance. U think Freddy "lost" Chubb? or Hunt.. or Shobert or Landry for that matter ? U think players like TJ watt or Troy Polamalu or Clay Matthews need that crap ? If the players quit it's because they are quitters and we need to be rid of them.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
And dont get me started on the players interest has been lost and the coaches cant motivate them.. BS.. Players that want to be great dont give a crap about raw raw speeches and holding hands. They give 100 percent of themselves at every chance. U think Freddy "lost" Chubb? or Hunt.. or Shobert or Landry for that matter ? U think players like TJ watt or Troy Polamalu or Clay Matthews need that crap ? If the players quit it's because they are quitters and we need to be rid of them.

Landry is also pissed... best D player is suspended, etc...

Last edited by rastanplan; 12/17/19 10:04 AM.
Legend
Legend
J/c

Reports now saying OBJ said the same thing to Pittsburgh’s bench and players

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
Shobert or Landry for that matter ?
Yes. Landry is being reported to ask to have people come get him. He also blew up on the sideline.

Shobert had one of his worst games this last week, and was carved up left and right allowing 4 TD to a junk RB.

Hes lost the team, and they are playing unmotivated.

Ill give you Chubb, but you have no idea what motivates him. Could it be trying to be the rushing leader? Making the pro bowl? He still has a lot on the line and a lot of money to earn with a great individual season - even if the Browns lose.

Troy P...pretty sure they won basically his entire career. We don't know what he would play like in a meaningless season. Same with TJ Watt.

So your examples don't really tell the whole story there, do they?

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I think this is bad, completely blowed out of proportion.

Last year SF sucked and they didn't have this problems,Bills the same, etc..

Dorsey can still save this.

Legend
Legend

Have you ever worked in an negative environment with poor leadership? You need strong leadership for cohesiveness, focus and working together to achieve a common goal. Throwing together talented individuals with unclear goals and poor direction does not work. Motivation and initiative go down the tubes.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

Our team last year - Come get some

Our team this year - Come get me

Enough said about Freddie and his failures. Get rid of him.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

SF and Buffalo didn't have 2 diva WR, either.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

SF and Buffalo didn't have 2 diva WR, either.

They also have good coaching.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Quote:
Yes. Landry is being reported to ask to have people come get him. He also blew up on the sideline.

Shobert had one of his worst games this last week, and was carved up left and right allowing 4 TD to a junk RB.

Ill give you Chubb, but you have no idea what motivates him. Could it be trying to be the rushing leader? Making the pro bowl? He still has a lot on the line and a lot of money to earn with a great individual season - even if the Browns lose.

Troy P...pretty sure they won basically his entire career. We don't know what he would play like in a meaningless season. Same with TJ Watt.

Well Im glad Im not in a foxhole with someone when the fight looks over and just throws his hands up instead of shooting back. I dont believe great players EVER give up.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Quote:

Well Im glad Im not in a foxhole with someone when the fight looks over and just throws his hands up instead of shooting back. I dont believe great players EVER give up.

When it goes into your pockets and you start losing money and value, its natural...

Also you tend to get pissed when in the wins some will have no problems taking all the credits, but in the losses its a team loss.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Well Shobert and Landry have, so I guess they are not great.

As far as your other references, I was simply pointing out that we don't know how they would react.

And the thing about the military, if they have a leader that is not motivating their troops to run into battle head on, face and overcome adversity - typically they will rectify that leader and relive him of his duties as soon as possible.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: Browns plan to retain Freddie Kitchens 'barring a horrific collapse'

Link Copied to Clipboard