Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Haus #1708852 12/19/19 06:50 PM
Legend
Legend
This board just morphed into Bizarro World around me. If I say it, type it, then it is the New Truth and Revisioned Reality. Apparently you CAN make some of this stuff up. rolleyesdevil

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
rastanplan #1708908 12/20/19 10:02 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

That is a completely foolish conclusion. NOBODY, not even 13 year olds playing Madden, call plays just to let one player have their image boosted.
That is flat out one of the more ridiculous things I've read - and that is saying a lot given some of the things on here lately.

Well they were not shy letting people think Freddie was named HC because of Baker, so...

And yes, I also think much of our game was designed to make Baker shine, Dorsey even went and got one of the best receivers of the history...

We all know how it ended.

As long as by 'gameplan' you mean when Freddie and Monken got together before the season, TC, etc and laid out "this is how we want the offense to look". The high-level scheme was certainly intended to showcase Baker throwing the ball to OBJ and others. Hilariously, we weren't built to do that. We didn't have the line to hold off a pass rush for forever while routes developed and Baker can see and pull the trigger. We didn't have the QB (as he is now) to handle execution of said offense. I think Baker can get there, but he's in his second year with his second or third offense/OC (feel free to debate this point), coming from an offense that highlighted not him, but the run game, and required him to quickly pull off simple reads and spread the ball around.

We have a good OL, much better OL than a QB... Baker just couldn't do it, not even with Landry and OBJ.

Hope he improves, but don't pin his inability on others. Our OL was/is more than serviceable, much better than Wilson's.

IMHO the true test of the quality of the OL is the running game.
You say you don't have an agenda, however - there is not a single thread. NOT. A. SINGLE. THREAD. that you don't talk or bash Baker in.

Freddie Kitchens Thread - You talk baker
Nick Chubb Thread - Baker
John Dorsey - Baker

Im surprised your not talking about Baker being part of the impeachment process.....

Go spit.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

That is a completely foolish conclusion. NOBODY, not even 13 year olds playing Madden, call plays just to let one player have their image boosted.
That is flat out one of the more ridiculous things I've read - and that is saying a lot given some of the things on here lately.

Well they were not shy letting people think Freddie was named HC because of Baker, so...

And yes, I also think much of our game was designed to make Baker shine, Dorsey even went and got one of the best receivers of the history...

We all know how it ended.

As long as by 'gameplan' you mean when Freddie and Monken got together before the season, TC, etc and laid out "this is how we want the offense to look". The high-level scheme was certainly intended to showcase Baker throwing the ball to OBJ and others. Hilariously, we weren't built to do that. We didn't have the line to hold off a pass rush for forever while routes developed and Baker can see and pull the trigger. We didn't have the QB (as he is now) to handle execution of said offense. I think Baker can get there, but he's in his second year with his second or third offense/OC (feel free to debate this point), coming from an offense that highlighted not him, but the run game, and required him to quickly pull off simple reads and spread the ball around.

We have a good OL, much better OL than a QB... Baker just couldn't do it, not even with Landry and OBJ.

Hope he improves, but don't pin his inability on others. Our OL was/is more than serviceable, much better than Wilson's.

IMHO the true test of the quality of the OL is the running game.
You say you don't have an agenda, however - there is not a single thread. NOT. A. SINGLE. THREAD. that you don't talk or bash Baker in.

Freddie Kitchens Thread - You talk baker
Nick Chubb Thread - Baker
John Dorsey - Baker

Im surprised your not talking about Baker being part of the impeachment process.....

Go spit.

Freddie Kitchens Thread ... he is the HC because of Baker
Nick Chubb ... we don't run the ball in goal line and use empty backfields because we built an offense around Baker
John Dorsey... he drafted Baker, then hire the HC for Baker..(I actually trust Dorsey, he brought a ton of talent here...)

OBJ ... People are using him to make excuses for Baker. I don't understand all the hate towards him here in Cleveland, he is one of the greatest talents at the position in the history of the NFL, we should all be grateful he's playing here.

So you see it all related, no conspiracy theories here and no Agenda. Baker was the worst QB in the league this year, so sugar coating that.

But in the end, I'm very positive about the team, and don't understand all the fuss. Sure it would be better to just fire Kitchens and move on, but even if we don't we are in a good position providing we don't implode the project.

Last edited by rastanplan; 12/20/19 12:20 PM.
rastanplan #1708965 12/20/19 12:51 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Any excuse is better than none at all I guess.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
rastanplan #1708971 12/20/19 01:18 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
Baker was the worst QB in the league this year, so sugar coating that
No agenda, then you throw out false information like this. You are now on ignore. Go troll a steeler page.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:
No agenda, then you throw out false information like this. You are now on ignore. Go troll a steeler page.

Isn't that true?

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H

"Im surprised your not talking about Baker being part of the impeachment process....."

You mean he's not ?? I thought he was a Senator .. Ohh, that's right .. I'm thinking Howard Baker, the former Senator from Tennessee .. rofl

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Rishuz #1708991 12/20/19 02:31 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
It's highly/easily debatable.

The short answer, however, is he did not rank dead last in any statistical category (I looked at the stat rankings for all QBs this year, and sorted by the big hitters (completion%, INTs, yards/game, yards, and rating)). And the list does include backups, so I made sure there were starters worse than him for each category), when it was close (rating, for example).

I quickly looked at NFL.com tables, on the 'by position' tab.

Last edited by oobernoober; 12/20/19 02:31 PM. Reason: Source

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Rishuz #1708992 12/20/19 02:31 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Quote:

Isn't that true?
Baker has been bad, but not the worst.

You guys could at least try to look up facts when trolling.

Last edited by willitevachange; 12/20/19 02:32 PM.
Rishuz #1708993 12/20/19 02:32 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Quote:

Isn't that true?

Officially/stat-wise, it's not true....

But I think we knew that already.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

Isn't that true?
Baker has been bad, but not the worst.

You guys could at least try to look up facts when trolling.

2nd to worst?

3rd to worst?

Does it matter?

He's been awful. Doesn't play winning football.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Why did we hire FC? He wasnt qualified, but it was to appease Baker.

Why did we get Odell? Jaris before that? Hunt? This team was built for Mayfield to shine. If you dont think they want to showcase him, well... i have a beachfront condo in South Dakota i can sell you for the weekends.

Replace the word "shine" with the word "succeed" and your entire post takes on a whole new meaning. "Shine" implies that it's about ego, image, or popularity... "Succeed" implies that it's about winning....

Every team, every single one, builds the offense and selects the coaches to put the offense in a position to succeed. The only way an offense succeeds in 2019 is for the QB to succeed.

yebat' Putin
DCDAWGFAN #1710579 12/23/19 02:19 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
Every team, every single one, builds the offense and selects the coaches to put the offense in a position to succeed. The only way an offense succeeds in 2019 is for the QB to succeed.
If that's the case I highly question John Dorsey, because hiring Freddie Kitchens is clearly the opposite of that position. Keeping him for next year, is even an even more glaring failure on his part should it happen.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
If that's the case I highly question John Dorsey, because hiring Freddie Kitchens is clearly the opposite of that position. Keeping him for next year, is even an even more glaring failure on his part should it happen.

I didn't say they were all successful, I just said that is what they all TRY to do. I think the hiring of Freddie was specifically about keeping continuity with Baker.

Remember the conversation during the search on here.. a lot of people (myself included) were very pro-keeping Gregg Williams and making Freddie the OC.. but the general fear was that we would quickly lose Freddie to somebody else and have to find somebody who could have that "chemistry" with Baker. Boy how those opinions have changed.

yebat' Putin
DCDAWGFAN #1710591 12/23/19 02:53 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

I didn't say they were all successful, I just said that is what they all TRY to do. I think the hiring of Freddie was specifically about keeping continuity with Baker.

Remember the conversation during the search on here.. a lot of people (myself included) were very pro-keeping Gregg Williams and making Freddie the OC.. but the general fear was that we would quickly lose Freddie to somebody else and have to find somebody who could have that "chemistry" with Baker. Boy how those opinions have changed.
They could have kept it by making Freddie the OC and growing into the role. IDK how much water that theory holds to be honest. I think it has more to do with JD wanting a Coach that wasn't going to test his power, and conform to him. JMO though, based on things I have heard and opinions that have been shared.

Legend
Legend
I have heard the same rumors and opinions but not sure I buy it. I doubt we will ever know for sure.. well, I guess if Freddie gets canned and he brings in another "nobody" instead of a guy who has a reputation and is proven in either the NFL or college... that would go a long way to letting us know.

yebat' Putin
DCDAWGFAN #1710599 12/23/19 03:08 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Having two picks in the second round (just two picks apart) Dorsey chose Austin Corbett over Nick Chubb.

And to think people made fun of the Osweiler trade.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Having two picks in the second round (just two picks apart) Dorsey chose Austin Corbett over Nick Chubb.

In hindsight that looks stupid but Chubb had come off a pretty serious knee injury...

The Ravens took TE Hayden Hurst multiple picks ahead of Lamar Jackson.. Hurst doesn't start and has 38 catches for less than 400 yards this year... but people think they are personnel geniuses... sometimes it just works out that way.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
It especially doesn't hold true if you look at the circumstances. All one has to do is look at Baker the first half of the season compared to the second half of the season last year. Trying to keep that momentum going made all of the sense in the world. I was one who advocated that you put Freddie at OC and keep Williams for the discipline and experience at least at the coordinator position. It seemed like a better structure to me.

But rather than look at the obvious of trying to keep Baker on the trajectory he was moving in under Freddie last year, a disgruntled fan base must reach for some far fetched conclusion with zero basis.

It hasn't worked out but the plan was obvious from the start.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Swish #1710615 12/23/19 04:07 PM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So, Chubb has 1453 yards with one game to go. He’s got CMC trailing at 1361. I think Chubb is gonna need a 100 yard game next Sunday to secure the rushing title.

Sucks because he has 277 yards receiving, and had he got more touches, maybe could’ve cracked that 2k mark for total yards. Right now he’s at 1730 total, which is amazing by the way.

But my guy Christian McCaffrey....man, what a player. Dude is at 933 receiving yards, and only needs 67 yards to have over 1000 yards rushing and a 1000 yards receiving in the same season. So freaking crazy.

CMC is probabaly the best all around back in the league. From a pure running standpoint, I take our guy Chubb over him. And I take Chubb over Dalvin cook as well. So glad Dorsey got this pick right!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1710621 12/23/19 04:38 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I don't think he needs that many yards.

if he gets 58 yards this week CMC has to run for 150. They play the saints, who I believe are still fighting for Home field unless im mistaken, so they I could see them getting down early and needing to throw against them.

DCDAWGFAN #1710675 12/23/19 06:31 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

In hindsight that looks stupid but Chubb had come off a pretty serious knee injury...

The Ravens took TE Hayden Hurst multiple picks ahead of Lamar Jackson.. Hurst doesn't start and has 38 catches for less than 400 yards this year... but people think they are personnel geniuses... sometimes it just works out that way.

Yeah, and Corbett is the Rams starting LG.
I thought for sure the pick was going to be Chubb, and thought to myself ... watch someone will take him off the board between our two selections.

We lucked out!

I look for him to have another big game against that Cincinnati defense.

[Linked Image]

Swish #1710740 12/24/19 09:19 AM
Legend
Legend
For what it's worth, this game really doesn't mean much.. So, give Nick the ball every chance you get. Make sure he ends up being the rushing leader this season. That young man deserves it more than anyone.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Damanshot #1710759 12/24/19 10:13 AM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I think we will do both .. get Chubb the rushing title and get Beckham to 1000 yds receiving.

Damanshot #1710769 12/24/19 10:44 AM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
For what it's worth, this game really doesn't mean much.. So, give Nick the ball every chance you get. Make sure he ends up being the rushing leader this season. That young man deserves it more than anyone.

I say play to win the game and who cares about personal stats/accolades.

The difference in draft position between 6-10 and 7-9 won't be worth much. Bengals have already clinched the first overall pick. Going for personal stat milestones is the antithesis of what the Browns need going forward-- a team-first mentality.

Mainly though, the Browns should never lose to the Bengals. The Ravens and Steelers you can understand losing to from time to time, they are good teams, but not the Bengals.

Swish #1712812 12/29/19 08:24 PM
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Haus #1712823 12/29/19 08:33 PM
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Haus
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

I say play to win the game and who cares about personal stats/accolades.

The difference in draft position between 6-10 and 7-9 won't be worth much. Bengals have already clinched the first overall pick. Going for personal stat milestones is the antithesis of what the Browns need going forward-- a team-first mentality.

Mainly though, the Browns should never lose to the Bengals. The Ravens and Steelers you can understand losing to from time to time, they are good teams, but not the Bengals.

We tried to do it, but it wasn't working.

Establish the passing game, unclutter the box, get the lead and then give the rock to Chubb.

Landry and OBJ were in single coverage and we didn't target them in the first half...

Last edited by rastanplan; 12/29/19 08:34 PM.
Swish #1712825 12/29/19 08:34 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nick deserved better.

Swish #1712826 12/29/19 08:35 PM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
https://923thefan.radio.com/articles/nick-chubb-loses-2019-nfl-rushing-title-to-derrick-henry

Chubb got just 13 carries and 41 yards in 33-23 loss to Bengals

DARYL RUITER
DECEMBER 29, 2019 - 7:23 PM

CATEGORIES: NFL Browns
CINCINNATI, Ohio (92.3 The Fan) – The offensive coaching brilliance of Freddie Kitchens cost Nick Chubb the 2019 NFL rushing title.

Kitchens, in his infinite wisdom, ran Chubb just 13 times in soggy Cincinnati, against the worst run defense in the league, netting the back 41 yards opening the door for Tennessee Titans running back Derrick Henry to blow by him.

Henry, who began the day needing 166 yards to pass Chubb, carried it 32 times for the playoff bound Tennessee Titans for 211 yards and three touchdowns in their 35-14 win over the Houston Texans.

Chubb finished the season with 1,494 yards for the season, the fourth-best rushing total in Browns history. Hall of Famer Jim Brown holds the top three spots in those rankings.

Leroy Kelley was the last Brown to win an NFL rushing title in 1968.

Halfback32 #1712831 12/29/19 08:40 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just 13 times against the worst rushing defense and probably cost him the title. Good grief, Freddie...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Swish #1712877 12/29/19 09:03 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And in case you didn't notice, and clearly FK didn't, our 2 big play TD's early in the game both came on play action passes. Ply action becomes a lot less effective when the D nows you aren't going to run the ball.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Swish #1712888 12/29/19 09:07 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Feel bad for Chubb...

SunDawg #1712906 12/29/19 09:14 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: SunDawg
Feel bad for Chubb...

Chubb won't be fazed by this.

He hasn't had 20 or more carries in a game since we played Miami.

[Linked Image]

FL_Dawg #1712911 12/29/19 09:16 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Originally Posted By: SunDawg
Feel bad for Chubb...

Chubb won't be fazed by this.

He hasn't had 20 or more carries in a game since we played Miami.

That's 2x freddie screwed Chubb out of bonus money. The good news is... it's the last time.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Swish #1712991 12/29/19 09:45 PM
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Freddie was fool for not using Chubb more in the last two games but to be honest.. the blocking SUCKED today and Chubb was getting stuffed on almost every play. He would have had to have 35-40 carries to retain the rushing lead. They were stacking (crushing) the box and we couldn't take advantage of it enough.

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan
Freddie was fool for not using Chubb more...

He paid the ultimate price.

FL_Dawg #1713042 12/29/19 10:25 PM
Legend
Legend
What a snub. Some blocking tackles and aggressive play calling would help. run him somewhere beyond the center. This is a stain on FK. Chubb deserved to be part of the solution AND to win his title today for the lousy offense we chose instead. Chubb could have gotten some of this today. FK always seemed to have us behind the chains.

I find this inexcusable. Chubb deserved better, whether he handles it better than most or not; quietly or not. My hat is off to Chubb for a phenomenal year of effort, and for what he managed in spite of a dunce calling plays. He could be so much more.

FA better be good to us.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Bard Dawg #1713056 12/29/19 10:39 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
What a snub. Some blocking tackles and aggressive play calling would help. run him somewhere beyond the center. This is a stain on FK. Chubb deserved to be part of the solution AND to win his title today for the lousy offense we chose instead. Chubb could have gotten some of this today. FK always seemed to have us behind the chains.

I find this inexcusable. Chubb deserved better, whether he handles it better than most or not; quietly or not. My hat is off to Chubb for a phenomenal year of effort, and for what he managed in spite of a dunce calling plays. He could be so much more.

FA better be good to us.

I agree, Chubb only had 28 carries the past two games.

Henry had 32 today, not to take away from his accomplishments ... but clearly Freddie did not care to help him reach that accomplishment.

[Linked Image]

Swish #1714866 01/01/20 05:54 PM
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Yeah, we’ve heard talk before

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Nick Chubb

Link Copied to Clipboard