Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
You know who the Haslams LOVE? Andrew Berry, who spent the last year as the #Eagles VP of Football Operations after serving three years as the #Browns’ VP of Player Personnel. But will they choose their GM or let their next head coach have a say?

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/1212089119611981824

Yup. There have been rumors about him as well.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The suffering is never gonna end is it? frown

I don’t understand what Dorsey did wrong. The Corbett pick was bad but other than that he’s loaded the team with talent.

Kitchens had a rough rookie year but we knew he’d have to grow when we hired him.

I’m so sick of Haslam.

D
Legend
Legend
D
With Dorsey apparently on the outs, the leakers are back in full force. Always a good sign for an organization to have multiple individuals with loyalty to a member of the national media ... /sarc.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I talked with a couple of buddies last night. The only real possibility I saw that might happen is pairing up McCarthy with Eliot Wolf again.

There are reports that McCarthy and Wolf do not get along.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
It’s gonna be Paul Depo as the GM and an analytics HC ...

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
McCarthy, Stefanski, or McDaniels will be the HC

Fix that for you. No way McCarthy comes here now, We just fired two of his close friends in Dorsey and HighSmith, especially Alonzo Highsmith.

Elliot Wolf and McCarthy don't reall get along and had been some friction in Green Bay, but Dorsey and Highsmith were very good buddies with McCarthy

You cna' scratch McCarthy, unless we give him a Gruden type of contract and allow him to pick his own FO.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
Haslam must really like paying people to "not" work for him.

I figured Dorsey job would be in jeopardy, and I had been telling folks for weeks on here, and most said I was crazy lol. Not so crazy now is it?

That being said, even though I wasn't a fan of Dorsey, I would have been OK giving him another year, I mean Jackson won 1 game in two years and was given a 3rd year lol

The Haslam's are just a train wreck. I personally think this pretty much 100% confirms McDaniels is the guy. No way McCarthy comes here now, we only had a leg up because of Dorsey, Highsmith, and Wolf, and I am sure Wolf is working out his parting arrangement as well, no way he stays here in this mess.

It will be perfectly fitting now for the Pats to go to the Super Bowl, the Browns wait on McDaniels, only for him to pull out and leave Jimmy Haslam with no coach lol

you heard it here first, this is typical kneejerk by the Haslams, and its going to be costly and hurt this time around.
Actually the opposite if you read reports...McCarthy was very lukewarm towards working with those guys

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: myka

I don’t understand what Dorsey did wrong. The Corbett pick was bad but other than that he’s loaded the team with talent.

Kitchens had a rough rookie year but we knew he’d have to grow when we hired him.

I’m so sick of Haslam.
Callaway, cut Avery, cut Nassib, traded Ogbah, traded a 3rd for Tyrod T., HIRED Freddie,

Dorsey did more good than wrong, and I wanted to see another year, but he did more than just miss on Corbett.

Legend
Legend
Here is my understanding of where things stand: #Browns owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam are going to recommend a new front office structure, as
@TomPelissero
described. And presented with that option, GM John Dorsey is expected to say no thanks. And the team will have a vacancy.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1212091206458650626

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
All of this is leading to Josh McDaniels.

As i said before, it will only fitting for us to come to terms with McDaniels, him to accept, and The Pats to go deep into the playoffs/Super Bowl only for McDaniels to pull out leaving us high and dry just like he did to Indy.

I'd love to have McDaniels, but I won't trust him till he has signed the contract and the Colts were never able to get him too despite accepting the job.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
Haslam must really like paying people to "not" work for him.

I figured Dorsey job would be in jeopardy, and I had been telling folks for weeks on here, and most said I was crazy lol. Not so crazy now is it?

That being said, even though I wasn't a fan of Dorsey, I would have been OK giving him another year, I mean Jackson won 1 game in two years and was given a 3rd year lol

The Haslam's are just a train wreck. I personally think this pretty much 100% confirms McDaniels is the guy. No way McCarthy comes here now, we only had a leg up because of Dorsey, Highsmith, and Wolf, and I am sure Wolf is working out his parting arrangement as well, no way he stays here in this mess.

It will be perfectly fitting now for the Pats to go to the Super Bowl, the Browns wait on McDaniels, only for him to pull out and leave Jimmy Haslam with no coach lol

you heard it here first, this is typical kneejerk by the Haslams, and its going to be costly and hurt this time around.
Actually the opposite if you read reports...McCarthy was very lukewarm towards working with those guys

I would hope your right, we should be going after McCarthy 100%. He already has all his assistants picked out and everything, we can hire him and get to moveing on fixing things tommrow.

Just interview Wilks already to satisfy the Rooney Rule and hire McCarthy then lol

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

I’m so sick of Haslam.
Callaway, cut Avery, cut Nassib, traded Ogbah, traded a 3rd for Tyrod T., HIRED Freddie,

Dorsey did more good than wrong, and I wanted to see another year, but he did more than just miss on Corbett.

You listed a bunch of mediocre guys, mostly 3rd rounders. Wouldn’t hold that against a GM. None of them are lighting it up anywhere else.

He hired Kitchend to grow into the role. If it was a one year, win now or fired he probably would’ve hired someone else. I mean, I never wanted Kitchens but if he makes a plan Haslam needs to stick to it. No franchise has ever gotten good firing coaches and GM every year

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Maybe we get Condoleezza this time.

Legend
Legend
I gotta admit, I don't get this move. Under Dorsey, we've seen a major talent increase.. Did it pan out under Kitchens, No, But I think that's more Kitchens than Dorsey.

Until I get a clearer picture of why, I'm thinking this is a dumb move.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
You listed a bunch of mediocre guys, mostly 3rd rounders. Wouldn’t hold that against a GM.
Nassib had a great year, Ogbah played good ball. He let them go and didn't upgrade. Where they were drafted doesn't matter.

Also, the people that matter, held it against him.

L
Legend
Legend
L

I’m so sick of Haslam.

You listed a bunch of mediocre guys, mostly 3rd rounders. Wouldn’t hold that against a GM. None of them are lighting it up anywhere else.

He hired Kitchend to grow into the role. If it was a one year, win now or fired he probably would’ve hired someone else. I mean, I never wanted Kitchens but if he makes a plan Haslam needs to stick to it. No franchise has ever gotten good firing coaches and GM every year

name one from this draft that looks even serviceable?

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
E
Legend
Legend
E
I hate this team.

No Craps Given
L
Legend
Legend
L
Quote:
You listed a bunch of mediocre guys, mostly 3rd rounders. Wouldn’t hold that against a GM.
Nassib had a great year, Ogbah played good ball. He let them go and didn't upgrade. Where they were drafted doesn't matter.

Also, the people that matter, held it against him.

actually in terms of talent, regardless of if they still play for us or play elsewhere...one could argue Sashi brought in better overall team talent

M
Legend
Legend
M
I have no idea if the Browns HC search led to Dorsey's firing, which would be problematic from a 30,000 ft organizational level, but I think this helps encapsulate the issues of Dorsey.

This is a good chunk, but there is a good amount more.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I thought MM wasn't keen on Dorsey during the last go round.

Who knows...

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Wow, talking about not giving a guy time to build your team. Dorsey is probably glad he is out of that mess. The power struggle in Cleveland continues! Hope things work out in the end but I seriously doubt it will.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Haslems must want a coach that demands more control.. Better be Belicheck and not McDainiels . Or maby Bill Parcells. smile

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I have no idea if the Browns HC search led to Dorsey's firing, which would be problematic from a 30,000 ft organizational level, but I think this helps encapsulate the issues of Dorsey.

I made a post yesterday with alot of this..Dorsey has created holes where we didn't have them and overpaid for bad players and failed to hit enough on the draft given how much capital he was given...we could have contracted Kiper and hit on more picks

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
No GM ever went in to a better situation than Dorsey. He failed (as evidenced by his firing).

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

You know what I look at? I look at what Dorsey did in GB and KC. Too bad he won't get the chance to do that here now! The insanity continues in Cleveland.

Legend
Legend
Jimmy & Dee Haslam's resume: 5 fired head coaches, 5 fired general managers, 2 fired team presidents, 32 wins, 88 losses, 1 tie.

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/1212094538619215872

#gmSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
No GM ever went in to a better situation than Dorsey. He failed (as evidenced by his firing).

The Haslams have been failing since they bought the team. This is just another in a long line of bone headed moves by them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

The Haslams have been failing since they bought the team. This is just another in a long line of bone headed moves by them.

Agreed on the first sentence. Wait and see on the second sentence.

Legend
Legend
The Cleveland Browns and John Dorsey have mutually agreed to part ways. Dorsey was named general manager on December 7, 2017.

Statement from Dee and Jimmy Haslam

"We have a great appreciation for John and all he has done with the Cleveland Browns. He has helped create a foundation that we need to continue to develop and build upon. While John helped greatly improve our team’s talent and we are excited about the core players on our roster, we fully recognized that our team did not meet its potential on or off the field and additional changes in leadership give us the best opportunity for success in the future. As the role of the general manager continues to evolve in this league we felt there were areas that needed to be reassessed. Over the last 48 hours, we’ve had discussion with John about his role but could not come to an agreement on a position that would enable him to remain with the organization.

“As we conveyed on Sunday and our players reiterated yesterday, bringing in a strong leader with our head coach is our priority. Our process to improve upon the leadership will allow the flexibility to ensure we create the best partnership between our future head coach and general manager. We know the road of our tenure as stewards of this franchise has been a test of patience as we all want the success that our fans so deserve and we are relentlessly committed to and working towards. We fully appreciate, understand and empathize with our fans as we work towards our ultimate goal of building a championship-level football team.”

Statement from John Dorsey

“When I took this job, the history of this storied franchise and the passion of our fans was an integral part of my decision. It is that same understanding and desire to see these fans enjoy the success they are so deserving of that helped me conclude, along with Jimmy and Dee, that it was best to part ways as they embark on the search for a new head coach. I know how critical the relationship is between a general manager and head coach and I also know how critical it is that the Browns have a strong leader in their next coach. I have a great appreciation for the men and women I have worked with since being in Cleveland and my family has the same love and appreciation for this community and are thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this journey.”

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/bro...medium=referral

#gmSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
If Dorsey is out they already made it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Dorsey is out; could not come to an agreement on a restructuring of the front office. Sounds like he wouldn't have total control and didn't like it.

Did some good things and did some lousy things. Baker is on notice right now. He better get to work in the weight room, the film room and in training camp. Less commercials and interviews and more time devoted to being a PROFESSIONAL football player for the Cleveland Browns.

I'm wondering if the Haslams will ever get it right. SMH

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
According to Browns and Johns Staement - MUTUALLY agreed to part ways.

Meaning to me with my "deductive reasoning" the next HC or Depodesta are getting all the power.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen

You know what I look at? I look at what Dorsey did in GB and KC. Too bad he won't get the chance to do that here now! The insanity continues in Cleveland.

he gets alot of credit for Green Bay when truth is he wasn't the GM... during his time that was wolf, Sherman, Thompson

M
Legend
Legend
M

Berry. As in Andrew Berry.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Would like to take this opportunity to thank the NFL for the gift that keeps on giving and giving " The Haslams "

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
The Cleveland Browns and John Dorsey have mutually agreed to part ways. Dorsey was named general manager on December 7, 2017.

Statement from Dee and Jimmy Haslam

"We have a great appreciation for John and all he has done with the Cleveland Browns. He has helped create a foundation that we need to continue to develop and build upon. While John helped greatly improve our team’s talent and we are excited about the core players on our roster, we fully recognized that our team did not meet its potential on or off the field and additional changes in leadership give us the best opportunity for success in the future. As the role of the general manager continues to evolve in this league we felt there were areas that needed to be reassessed. Over the last 48 hours, we’ve had discussion with John about his role but could not come to an agreement on a position that would enable him to remain with the organization.

“As we conveyed on Sunday and our players reiterated yesterday, bringing in a strong leader with our head coach is our priority. Our process to improve upon the leadership will allow the flexibility to ensure we create the best partnership between our future head coach and general manager. We know the road of our tenure as stewards of this franchise has been a test of patience as we all want the success that our fans so deserve and we are relentlessly committed to and working towards. We fully appreciate, understand and empathize with our fans as we work towards our ultimate goal of building a championship-level football team.”

Statement from John Dorsey

“When I took this job, the history of this storied franchise and the passion of our fans was an integral part of my decision. It is that same understanding and desire to see these fans enjoy the success they are so deserving of that helped me conclude, along with Jimmy and Dee, that it was best to part ways as they embark on the search for a new head coach. I know how critical the relationship is between a general manager and head coach and I also know how critical it is that the Browns have a strong leader in their next coach. I have a great appreciation for the men and women I have worked with since being in Cleveland and my family has the same love and appreciation for this community and are thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this journey.”

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/bro...medium=referral

Haslams part strongly inferred they want more analytics

L
Legend
Legend
L

Berry. As in Andrew Berry.

Thats what I think as well

Legend
Legend
It may be Stefanski the more I think

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well at least you're actually using deductive reasoning this time. wink

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns fire John Dorsey

Link Copied to Clipboard