Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
Legend
Legend
V
PDX was being cool about it. He was responding to peen, who is a huge Sashi guy, and peen set the bar. I wouldn't get on PDX for what he said. I think he's being cool and perhaps he didn't factor in the trades when he made his first evaluation?

Besides all of that..........it's all just opinion. Not a big deal.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Get on him? ... good god man ... it was light hearted ... sheesh bro .. i wasn’t getting on him ...

I simply provided my take while breaking his chops a little ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
I have a really, really hard time communicating on here. You missed my point yet again. Later.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Not to mention that he also hit on solid to better contributors in Callaway and Avery.

I have a feeling that Corbett is going to wind up at C.

Who knows what will become of Thomas (who I liked in the draft) and Ratley. Even if these 3 bust, our other 5 picks make this a great draft.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I forgot about Calloway ... if he ever “gets it” and starts working he can be special ... he can do things not many can ...

32 or 33 days way i believe ...

I can’t wait ... thumbsup

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Diam, I know you were being light hearted, but as I said, I got the guy at an A....but, dropped to an A- simply because of Corbett. If Corbett were anything less than the first pick of the 2nd round he would easily get an A+ in my book. If I had to give his A- a number grade...I'm not talking 90 or 91...it would be pushing into the A territory of 92/93. But, I also said if AC pans out he receives an A+.

My only other question mark on Dorsey is Austin Seibert. A 5th round pick is a decent value (Genard Avery and Mack Wilson were nailed in this round!) and the kid is struggling, but I reserve judgement until we find out if the issue is the holder or not. Still, kicking in the summer is different than kicking in winter. And, I fear we will lose games down to our kicking game.

But dude...trust me, I love everything Dorsey has done and I am totally with you and Vers on everything.

Legend
Legend
J/c

Dorsey, with all of our assets, has found some very good players. He seems to be a very good evaluator of DBs and skill guys ... now let’s also hope that his acquisitions/drafting of OL/DL is just as good

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Well I’d rather be in your class than Peen’s if it makes u feel any bettor ... *L* ...

When u add it all together .... combining all his “mistakes” ... u have McCourtney, Corbett and Siebert .... that’s pretty dang good and he has put us in an AWESOME POSITION and thats all any of us care about ... thumbsup

I would wait another year to put Corbett in the miss column and i would at least wait til TC’s over to bury Siebert .... he’s still got a ways to go but if your following the numbers he’s improving ... he was 2 or 3 for 5 for pretty much every day the first week ...i didn’t see yesterday’s numbers but in the practices before that he hit 4 a few times ...

Enjoy your day dawg ... your grind starts soon ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
To go along with Corbett, I’d add Chad Thomas as someone who we have to wait on ... he’s certainly not done much to inspire hope ... but we’ll see

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:
John Dorsey is NOT a good GM. He is a guy that is ok for a year or two but then screw things up.

Look no farther than his screw ups with the Chiefs

Yeah, the Chiefs suck.

This is when Vers just drops the mic and walks off the stage.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

When u add it all together .... combining all his “mistakes” ... u have McCourtney, Corbett and Siebert .... that’s pretty dang good and he has put us in an AWESOME POSITION and thats all any of us care about ... thumbsup

I would wait another year to put Corbett in the miss column and i would at least wait til TC’s over to bury Siebert .... he’s still got a ways to go but if your following the numbers he’s improving ... he was 2 or 3 for 5 for pretty much every day the first week ...i didn’t see yesterday’s numbers but in the practices before that he hit 4 a few times ...

Agreed on all of the above. I am trying to be patient about Corbett...I keep telling myself that and I will give him this year before I throw my hands up and say it was a busted pick. But, you gotta admit that the kid isn't looking brilliant as of yet. Fingers crossed.

Regarding Seibert, I keep saying that I think it could be the holders as when I was at Camp and at scrimmage both kickers hit w/Colquitt holding while both kickers missed w/Jaime. Yesterday (8/6) both kickers missed a few and I'm pretty certain I read somewhere that it was w/the Hammer. But, I still hold my breath dude, because we all know what it's like in Cleveland in Nov/Dec and Jan. Joseph made me nervous last year and he missed a few crucial ones. But, he has also done it, had that pressure and kicked in bad weather. Seibert hasn't. Not saying that Joseph gets the job...I'm not sold on him either. But, dawg...imagine if making the playoffs comes down to a missed FG which results in a loss? Imagine we make the playoffs and the game comes down to a FG or even a PAT? I'm tellin' you man, as of today....I'm nervous about that position group. But, if it were one or the other, I'd rather have those worries than our typical stressing about who is under center.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
just clicking...and hopefully getting back to the actual topic...

from Terry Pluto
Terry Talks - Why Wylie spoke out.

Some of this has already been speculated in this thread...But a decent read in any case.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
Legend
Legend
I loved the comment "he was a Jackson man, he learned to throw someone under the bus from the master". grin

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
It seems as though people really don't mind seeing others thrown under the bus. It all seems to hinge on who it is throwing who under the bus.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
PDX was being cool about it. He was responding to peen, who is a huge Sashi guy, and peen set the bar. I wouldn't get on PDX for what he said. I think he's being cool and perhaps he didn't factor in the trades when he made his first evaluation?

Besides all of that..........it's all just opinion. Not a big deal.

LOL....I am not a Huge Sashi guy. I am a Huge anti- Hue guy.

At least get it right. Hue sucked at what he DID over what Sashi Does. One has a job in sports, one doesn't. Figure it out for crying out loud.

Sashi wasn't the GM.

I am tired of your crap bringing my name in to things when you don't have a clue what you are talking about, and yes, you don't have a clue in this case.

I am totally good with Dorsey, yet you get bunched up like Wylie when it comes to Hue.

Don't bother sending me a sorry PM. If you can't say it here, Don't. I will share it in public

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I am not sorry for a thing you said. You are a huge Sashi guy and I remember all the insults that you directed toward mac when he questioned Sashi. Others would have been suspended, but not you. And you kept telling him to let it go. Then you went on a two-year crusade about Hue and you still knock him daily. Hypocrisy.

D
Legend
Legend
D
U want it both ways ...

If he wasn't the gm then what exactly is it he gets credit for? ....

Seriously ..... u can’t have it both ways ...

The GM is in charge of witch FA’s stay and witch ones go ... thier in charge of trades and drafts .... no? ...

So please IF he was not the gm what exactly did he do to deserve all this credit? ...

Remember, u can’t have it both ways ....

So please tell me what it is he gets credit for and tell me how he did it is he wasn’t he gm ...

And he’s working in a different sport is definitely check mate ... rofl ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Joe Thomas Thought George Warhop was his best coach...

jtfb

He said it right before the 9 minute mark.

Legend
Legend
He’s said this before as well. I remember him being here with Mack as well IIIRC

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yes ..Mack and Warhop both came into Cleveland in 2009..

Warhop left in 13.. and Mack in 15

B
Legend
Legend
B
U want it both ways ...

The GM is in charge of witch FA’s stay and witch ones go ... thier in charge of trades and drafts .... no? ...

So please IF he was not the gm what exactly did he do to deserve all this credit? ...

So please tell me what it is he gets credit for and tell me how he did it is he wasn’t he gm ...

I don't want it both ways. He was never the GM. He was the guy who broke ties in Haslams screwed up front office structure. He doesn't get credit for anything. In a perfect world all of the guys in the last front office would agree on a player and select that player. If there was disagreement, we had to have a final say. Sashi was the guy put in to that unfortunate position by Jimmy. I am just glad that Jimmy was willing to learn and grow. It looks like he has finally got something .

But now we digress. A new dawn is here. We have a solid GM who reports to Haslam. We have a coach who reports to the GM.

Our owner has grown in to the position. We have a solid GM, and we have a QB, and we have a head coach who gives us some hope (we hope)...the page has turned. I am not even sure why we keep talking about those other guys?

Speaking of dawn, it is about here. Time to head down to the river walk to get in the morning 5. We have some clouds in the sky. The sunrise should be inspiring.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Yes ..Mack and Warhop both came into Cleveland in 2009..

Warhop left in 13.. and Mack in 15
thought so ... thanks

D
Legend
Legend
D
Hope u enjoyed your walk and it was an awesome sunrise ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
My feelings are Greg Williams would have been a good choice. He just didn’t mesh with what Baker’s talent and style brought IMO. And I’ve never really cared for Wylie’s style of coaching. So yeah, sour grapes. Baker’s raw talent and brash style took over when FK opened his cage, as the Hue regime went down in fizzle. Sour grapes. Dude should take care of himself and family and get a new life.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
Hope u enjoyed your walk and it was an awesome sunrise ... thumbsup

I did. Just got home about 20 minutes ago. I usually walk 5-6 miles Mon-Thurs, take Friday off then walk 6-7 on both Saturday and Sunday. I try to log 35 miles per week.

I like to get out there around 5:15 to beat the heat in the hot months. Once it cools down I wait until 8 or so. I don't really care how cold it is because it is rarely all that cold. The wind determines if I go. I skip it if it is 28° and the wind is whipping.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
U want it both ways ...

I don't want it both ways. He was never the GM. He was the guy who broke ties in Haslams screwed up front office structure. He doesn't get credit for anything. In a perfect world all of the guys in the last front office would agree on a player and select that player. If there was disagreement, we had to have a final say. Sashi was the guy put in to that unfortunate position by Jimmy. I am just glad that Jimmy was willing to learn and grow. It looks like he has finally got something .

But now we digress. A new dawn is here. We have a solid GM who reports to Haslam. We have a coach who reports to the GM.

Our owner has grown in to the position. We have a solid GM, and we have a QB, and we have a head coach who gives us some hope (we hope)...the page has turned. I am not even sure why we keep talking about those other guys?

Speaking of dawn, it is about here. Time to head down to the river walk to get in the morning 5. We have some clouds in the sky. The sunrise should be inspiring.

Was Sashi the GM? By title? No. By functionally? Yes
But the point is moot.

There are 3 mandates that I am sure he had:
1, create salary cap space - success
2, accumulate draft capitol - success
3, keep the team competitive while doing the above - fail

There is a 4th, I do not know if this was clearly expressed to him or not but it should have been priority 1.
To take this team from completely dysfunction to functional - utter failure
I think this is ultimately what led to his termination. If he had accomplished this then I think we could have brought in a seasoned GM to acquire talent and kept Sashi around, but because he failed and did so in such a completely inept way that he had to go.

Last edited by Jester; 08/08/19 09:15 AM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish

It is unfortunate that when coaching changes are made people get hurt.

GW has been around a long time. There were a number of head coaching opportunities. He was hired as a coordinator.

I don't believe saying what he said in regards to Zampese was necessary. Dorsey was fully aware of what was in front of him. He made his decision.

I am looking forward.

You know what we've heard from Gregg Williams? Nothing. he got another job and went to work. End of discussion.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
R
Legend
Legend
R
Jester, I would say that was probably the best post on Sashi that has been made on this board.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks
Only took me what? 2 years to come up with that analysis

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Jester
Thanks
Only took me what? 2 years to come up with that analysis

Well u usually are smart enough to stay out of the fray so it may have taken 2 years but not a ton of attempts ... *L* ...

I decided to take Peen’s advice and look forward ... i ignored the fact he said to look forward and then proceeded to do the opposite ... *L* ..

LETS GOOOOOOOOoooooooo thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
I decided to take Peen’s advice and look forward ... i ignored the fact he said to look forward and then proceeded to do the opposite ... *L* ..

LETS GOOOOOOOOoooooooo thumbsup

Now let's see if he can......

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks for the compliment. But staying out of the fray isn't because of intelligence. We all know to stay out. It's the self control to actually stay out that is tough. The mechanism I use to bolster my self control on various fracases is that I think abut all the energy that I am going to have to expend pointlessly arguing the points.

Last edited by Jester; 08/08/19 11:34 AM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It doesn't take that much energy if you don't take it seriously.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm not trying to start Sashi war, but based on things we've been told by Sashi, Jimmy, and even Hue I don't believe this to be entirely true.

For me I think people look at the bottom line, see that we had won 1 game and that someone failed and someone had to go. And that's all. A lot of people are ok with the simplicity of "we sucked, someone had to go." I believe there's a lot more to it than that.

And this is really all I'm going to say about this. However, if someone wants to have a conversation about it you know where to find me.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I guess Bob Wylie doesn't look.so stupid now

Last edited by Iluvmyxstripper; 01/05/20 12:37 AM.
Legend
Legend
this thread aged well.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
lol

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Bob Wylie is Hue’s guy. Zampese is Hue’s guy. All three are currently unemployed.

If the things Wylie says are true then there is cause to be concerned. You don’t get TV and radio appearances saying what everyone already knows.

Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
I’ll trust Dorsey’s opinion of Kitchens over Wylie.

If Wylie is to be believed, and I don't know if he is or not, then Dorsey picked the coach that he can control the most. That seems like a bad thing but it might also mean that the GM and coach actually get along for once which would be a nice change.

There was cause for concern. Wylie was to be believed.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bob Wylie was a prophet.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Bob Wylie was a prophet.

Prophat

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Bob Wylie Speaks ........

Link Copied to Clipboard