Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#1716945 01/05/20 04:43 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Confirmed Interviews

Ravens DC Greg Roman on January 2 (Rapoport)
Mike McCarthy on January 2 (Rapoport)
Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy on January 3 (Cleveland Browns)
49ers DC Robert Saleh on January 4 (Cleveland Browns)
Bills OC Brian Daboll on January 5 (Cleveland.com)
Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski the week of January 6 (Rapoport)
Patriots OC Josh McDaniels on January 10 (Rapoport)

link

This is from the Link that Peen posted in the first thread. This is a good link to follow..If you scroll down it also shows OC's ..DC's and GM interviews.

Looks like Daboll is being interviewed today and a possibility McDaniels will be soon.

Stefanski will be coming up also this week ..So far no confirmed date.

One thing I have been thinking is I'm not one to look in the past... I tend to live for the now not looking back and not looking to far forward..

I understand it is a tool to look at ones past for their failures and success. I posted some stats about Leslie Frazier when he was with the Vikings as HC. Hotbyoungturk said he thought the Browns should give him a look.. I replied no thanks.. But he replied he would like to see it.

Started making me think about how I like to think about things..I was looking in the past. Is that fair to anyone to think or judge someones abilities. It maybe the most likely tool or way to help bring some insight to a person..

The FO is giving Interviews for coaches for what they see now.. So using some of the past success and failures of a candidate maybe useful. But hopefully the past wont influence what they can do now.

All the candidates have a past and they also have a future. Time is now to find that one that will be in the future more than a season two or three.

I'm kind of impressed with what Stefansky is doing with Kirk Cousins.

C
Legend
Legend
C
It looks like Josh McDaniels and Brian Daboll are both going to be tomorrow (1/6).

C
Legend
Legend
C
This seems significant:

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
So Josh is coming in tomorrow.. Thank you for that info.. I don't have twitter.

I know there is a Josh McDaniels thread going on.. I just don't want to lose sight on other interviews.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J/C. I am most interested in seeing who these guys have established as their support staff. I think that is huge at this point based on the pieces we already have in place.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Great point.. That was something I was concerned about when Urbans name was mentioned. Could he put together a good staff.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Great point.. That was something I was concerned about when Urbans name was mentioned. Could he put together a good staff.

I don't care about the names just as long as the coach gets to hire his own people and works well with them.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I still wonder why the staff of the 18 season was let go..was that Freddie ? Because it seemed some were helpful toward the good second half of the season..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I read somewhere that McDaniels is in place. Some of his guys stayed in Indy I guess.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Vikings win.. Good look for Stefanski

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt

I read somewhere that McDaniels is in place. Some of his guys stayed in Indy I guess.

In place? Whaaaa!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I doubt any of them leave Indy to follow him to Cleveland if that's the scenario.

I wonder who the new staff guys are .

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
[quote=DeisleDawg]Great point.. That was something I was concerned about when Urbans name was mentioned. Could he put together a good staff.

In place? Whaaaa!

All these guys are ready or nearly ready to roll.

Last edited by 1oldMutt; 01/05/20 05:32 PM.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Love Kyle Rudolph, wouldn't mind seeing him here. Heard Charlie Weis say that the Pats tried to trade for him in the offseason. If we get Mcdaniels, that could be in the cards.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Cincinnati boy....

Legend
Legend
I think we’re waiting to sign Depo until the HC/GM also sign ... make them united

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ravens OC Greg Roman on January 2 (Rapoport)

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I think we’re waiting to sign Depo until the HC/GM also sign ... make them united

That is defiantly crazy .. That a coincidence ? maybe a sign of good things to come.. Glad cfrs posted that.

B
1st String
1st String
B
I like any of the following, Bienemy, Roman, Stefanski, McCarthy, Daboll,

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I will let Jimmy know.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I like any of the following, Bienemy, Roman, Stefanski, McCarthy, Daboll,

Roman... Haus pointed out in the previous thread that Romans success is partly due to he normally works with mobil QB's...

Quote:
His offensive reputation is built around thriving with mobile passers like Colin Kaepernick, Tyrod Taylor and now Lamar Jackson.
link

Not sure if that would be a good fit with Baker.

Dabol: After watching the Bills game yesterday it felt to much like watching a Browns game... I wasn't real impressed with the play calls.. Not sure..but I would love to see another look on Offense then the one we saw this past season and the one that the Bills put out on the field yesterday.

McCarthy : His resume speaks for itself.. Not sure where I read it.. It was said the Browns would rather go in another direction then a old school Coach.. not sure if that's true or not..But old school sure has a nice win / loss percentage... I consider Andy Reid and Bill Belichick old school...

Bienemy : Pretty much all I know is that he would probably be a HC that would like to run the ball... Being a RB's coach for KC for 5 yrs...

Stefanski : Was really impressed today with what he is doing with Cousins.... Can he carry that over to helping with Baker ?

Legend
Legend
"In 2009, Daboll joined Eric Mangini's staff in Cleveland as offensive coordinator. Under Daboll the Browns had the NFL's 32nd ranked offense in 2009[1] and the 29th ranked offense in 2010."

Wiki Link for Brian Daboll

There's a reason it looked like a bad Browns offense... .he IS a bad Browns offense.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
No Kidding... Good info.. Thank you!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Some of these interviews feel like a waste of time under the guise of doing due diligence. Daboll, Bieniemy, Saleh. None are even close to being a legit option. Two me there are only two. McCarthy and stefanski

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I use to feel that way... then I watched Tennessee beat NE yesterday.. I was like how did they pick Mike Vrabel ?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
With regards to who the Browns select, I really don't have an informed opinion. Like most folks, I know things written about the various options, but I don't have enough info to make an informed opinion. I must rely on the folks in Berea to make the right choice. Of course they have the worst possible history of doing that.

It seems McCarthy and McDaniels are the top prospects, not just around here, but around the league. What I've heard positive about McCarthy is that he's a proven winner with the most experience of the group. He knows how to motivate players to be a winning team. The negative that I've heard is that the game has passed him by, that he was fired from GB because he was holding the team back and Aaron Rogers was changing half of his play calls. I don't know if any of that is true.

About McDaniels the arguments for is that he is BB's best protege, the one most likely to match Bill's mastery of the game. He had a bad stint in Denver, but has learned the lessons from that experience and is ready to do better the 2nd time around. The negatives are that Bill's assistants don't do well because it's all Bill and Tom, everyone else there are just part of the framework who don't do well out of the structure in NE. It's also said that Josh is not a people person and will have difficulty relating with the players and getting them to buy in. (As if Bill is successful because he's all warm and fuzzy.) What happened in Indy is a concern, but someone pointed out that Luck injuries changed the landscape there.

The rest of the group are guys with no HC experience. Any one of them could be the next Sean McVay or the next Freddie Kitchens. Again, I don't know enough about any of them to have an informed opinion.

In the end, all I can do is to trust the people in Berea and hope that they can FINALLY pick the right option, and that that person, in turn, takes the job.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
really good summary!

I think we have to consider that Jason Garrett may now be in the mix.

Not sure if it's good or bad? I always think he looks like he is going to start crying on the sideline. Aside from that, I don't really know much about him.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I think we should interview Garret. I feel that he has been a winner, in Spite of Jerry Jones. He has known how to use Zeke, as well as Romo and Dak. Say what you want, Jones does not draw up the plays or co-ordinate the offense or defense (even though he often acts as though he does). Garret has a winning record and is worth a look see.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
I think he’ll take a year off like McCarthy. Repair some image, learn/take time to reflect .. and then go after a job next year (Chicago, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, LA Chargers, Denver will all be looking)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
This is the link for the Coaches tracker... Not sure whats wrong with the first one I posted. This is the one Peen posted in the locked thread.

https://profootballnetwork.com/2020-nfl-head-coach-interview-hire-tracker-news-rumors/

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
I think we should interview Garret... worth a look see.

Agreed! For some reason, I feel more 'comfortable' with him as our HC than any of the other candidates...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
O
Legend
Legend
O
I hope we didn't pass on McCarthy for an interview with McDaniels.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

That is my worry as well ..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You could have made him an offer and they may have but I doubt it'd stop him from doing his due diligence. He's looking at every option and interviewing his potential employer just as they are him.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H

You could have made him an offer and they may have but I doubt it'd stop him from doing his due diligence. He's looking at every option and interviewing his potential employer just as they are him.

I have interviewed for positions, and done interviewing .. any interview is a two way street, both parties determine if there is a fit or not. Usually, if it feels right, both parties know.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Daboll or Roman would be such a Haslam hire.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Question.

Is Scot McCloughan still involved in our football operations?

D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
How do we feel about Rod Marinelli as a possible D coordinator?

BpG #1717177 01/06/20 10:01 AM
T
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
T

Legend
Legend
Sounds like McCarthy will be going to Dallas

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns HC search

Link Copied to Clipboard