Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
I expect that if we do not announce our newest HC by Friday, then it would seem likely that our choice is Stefanski...

It'll leak, but based on your (assumed by me) reasoning, it could also mean Saleh or Bieniemy.

True, but I believe Stefanski and McDaniels are the front-runners...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Poor Daboll, aka, Freddie Kitchen's twin, Schefty didn't even bother to list him.

Daboll was already interviewed (yesterday), right?

Add: my bad. can't read

Last edited by oobernoober; 01/07/20 02:25 PM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think they need to interview Urban at this point too, since time is less important.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Poor Daboll, aka, Freddie Kitchen's twin, Schefty didn't even bother to list him.

Daboll was already interviewed (yesterday), right?

Yes, and his name is not in the list of who we already interviewed.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
If they end up letting DePodesta walk in order to hire McDaniels heads will explode on here.

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
mac's for sure...

Legend
Legend
J/c

Due diligence is easy now: we’re the last partner at the dance

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
I expect that if we do not announce our newest HC by Friday, then it would seem likely that our choice is Stefanski...

It'll leak, but based on your (assumed by me) reasoning, it could also mean Saleh or Bieniemy.

I agree.

Legend
Legend
If Kubiak comes with Stefanski that’d be my choice

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I think they need to interview Urban at this point too, since time is less important.

As has been said, we have already stated we aren't interested in candidates with no NFL experience.

That said, we had some jibber about us wanting Matt Rhule. He doesn't have NFL experience that I could see. Maybe Rhule just came out he wasn't interested in us.

I am not sure we tried to interview him or not.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
[quote][ we had some jibber about us wanting Matt Rhule. He doesn't have NFL experience/quote]

He had one season as Assistant offensive line in 2012 for the Giants.. very minimal

B
Legend
Legend
B
Ahhhh... it didn't show up on the Wiki time line I cruised.....or I cruised too fast.

You know me Buddy. When I am cruising, other guys are losing.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Very true...LOL

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm thinking back to earlier on in the coaching search that there was a slew of names of coaches we were supposedly interested in, but had not set up interviews (ex. basically the rest of the SanFran staff comes to mind, among others). The fact that the story behind Rhule was that he declined an interview most likely means we were more interested and Rhule ensured it progressed no further. As Memphis (or Rish?) stated, this is at least concerning.

Still, Rhule kinda came out of nowhere. Out of the front-runners, only McCarthy slipped through our fingers. Rivera was hired before Freddie was fired, so I'd argue he was never really in play (but I think he should've been).

It should be viewed as a positive that we're the last team hiring, and 2/3 of our top candidates are in play with no fallback option.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
R
Legend
Legend
R

I have a strong suspicion Saleh blew them away and he's currently in first place. This is also why the Browns will be able to name a coach quickly after Friday. They have their first place guy. If no one beats him out between now and then, it's clear cut. If someone beats him out between now and then, it's clear cut. There will be nothing to deliberate.

Stefanski and McDaniels are also in play and a lot will depend on their interviews which could shift the rankings.

But right now I would put it Saleh, McDaniels, Stefanski.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Out of the front-runners, only McCarthy slipped through our fingers.
I agree. Rhule and Rivera were never in play for us and Joe Judge was never on our radar.

We have our pick of the rest of the class (for whatever that's worth.)

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Interesting thought....

B
Legend
Legend
B
I'm thinking back to earlier on in the coaching search that there was a slew of names of coaches we were supposedly interested in, but had not set up interviews (ex. basically the rest of the SanFran staff comes to mind, among others). The fact that the story behind Rhule was that he declined an interview most likely means we were more interested and Rhule ensured it progressed no further. As Memphis (or Rish?) stated, this is at least concerning.

Still, Rhule kinda came out of nowhere. Out of the front-runners, only McCarthy slipped through our fingers. Rivera was hired before Freddie was fired, so I'd argue he was never really in play (but I think he should've been).

It should be viewed as a positive that we're the last team hiring, and 2/3 of our top candidates are in play with no fallback option.

Maybe it was a ploy? In most cases, Depo is the smartest guy in the room.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Any truth to this or just some made up twitter story like the one that said Dorsey threw Depo's notes in the trash?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Any truth to this or just some made up twitter story like the one that said Dorsey threw Depo's notes in the trash?

Grossi got clowned and fell for a fake source and reported it as a legit.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well actually trying to plant a false story just to make fun of someone is pretty scummy too.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
j/c...

his lips to God's ears

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
R
Legend
Legend
R
I don't think it's McDaniels.

He's so excited about interviewing for the Browns and working with Baker and starting the next chapter of his career with his hometown team that he puts his interview off a week.

Doesn't make sense. He's leery and should be. Browns are probably leery and should be.

L
Legend
Legend
L
who wouldn't be leery about coming in to this clown show

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: leadtheway

Are you a fan? I think so, you have been here long enough.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Are you a fan? I think so, you have been here long enough.

yes, so when I say it's a clown show...how can anyone that's fan not come to that same conclusion given all thats happened since 99

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

It was said he put off the Browns interview til Friday because he wanted to see what everyone had to offer. He could also leverage them against the Browns... however, now, we're the only team that remains coachless.

But you may be right... or there's no clear cut favorite and it's anyone's ballgame.

D
Legend
Legend
D
He’s a different kind of fan .... during games its all doom and gloom ... we were up by two scores on the bills and you’d of thought we were down by 3 td’s reading his and dawg4life posts ....

I would NEVER want to watch a game with either of those two if they act anywhere near in person how they post in the game day forum ...

One time we scored a TD and they were not happy with how we scored it ... *L* .... that’s true its not hyperbole ... *shrugs* ...

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
He’s a different kind of fan .... during games its all doom and gloom ... we were up by two scores on the bills and you’d of thought we were down by 3 td’s reading his and dawg4life posts ....

I would NEVER want to watch a game with either of those two if they act anywhere near in person how they post in the game day forum ...

One time we scored a TD and they were not happy with how we scored it ... *L* .... that’s true its not hyperbole ... *shrugs* ...
its hyperbole....and you're the opposite, hows the weather on the isle? you snuggling with King John to keep you warm.. get out of here with your BS

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

I'll be stunned if the choice is not McDaniels...I think that's been the case all along.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

its hyperbole....and you're the opposite, hows the weather on the isle? you snuggling with King John to keep you warm.. get out of here with your BS

Live look, right down to the misspelling...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/c

Does McDaniels waiting til Friday show a lack of interest or a lot of interest?

What do people think goes on in these interviews?

Maybe he's taking the time to look in depth at our personnel and actually incorporate them into his pitch/plans.

But wait we only want a coach's plan to change based on the players he has after he has the job. We want him to come In unprepared with a "plan" haphazardly thrown together overnight with lot of generic clichés and buzzwords.

I think the plan is more important than the "interview"/sound bites.

I hope the Haslams don't buy another personality they like talking with/get energized by and rather consider the whole package/process.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Look, Haslam has screwed this thing up BIG time. He has no clue how to pick a coach, and the guys around him like Depodesta have no **** clue either.

This whole coaching search should have came down to 5 candidates, FIVE CANDIDATES!

In whatever order you want to rank them:

Mike McCarthy
Josh McDaniels
Urban Meyer
Jim Caldwell
Chuck Pagano

Out those 5 initial guys, 3 get second interviews, then you pick a guy and hire him. Pagano is probably the weakest of the 5, but he is still one hell of a coach and would be upgrade to anyone we have had for a long time.

Instead Jimmy interviews "everyone" literally. This isn't baseball, time means everything. All the good assistant coaches are going to be gone by Saturday, we should have had this coaching hire done last week.

More than qualified guys like Caldwell and Pagano can't even get an interview despite the fact Caldwell took two different franchises to the playoffs multiple times and has been to a Super Bowl as a HC and is known as a QB guru, and Pagano is a top Notch D coach with 3 11-5 seasons and 2 8-8 seasons to his credit. You have to be kidding me!?

I know whats going to happen, McDaniels is going to come here and interview, they are going to agree to a deal, the Browns are going to annouce it to the world, and once it comes time for McDaniels to sign, he is going to say:

"Ya know, I changed my mind. Im going to stay in New England"

There is NO WAY McDaniels comes here short of a 100 million dollar 10 year guranteed contract like Gruden got from the Raiders where they are on the hook to pay him 100 million no matter what, even if they fire him., and no way Haslam is going to do that. So we will be scambling to find somebody to take the job.

the best possible thing that could happen is everyone we ask refuses to take the job, leave the team without a coach, this will be a PR nightmare for the NFL and it will force the owners and the NFL to step in and force this moron to sell.

As long as the Haslams are here, we will continue to suffer in misery.

Say what you want about Jr.(Lerner) but he never went 1-15 and followed it up with 0-16, and he had enough sense to hire a football guy like Holmgren and then get the hell out of the way, sure it was the wrong hire, but he had the right idea...this guy....he is worse than Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder put together.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I don't think that's how it works.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
J/c

Maybe he's taking the time to look in depth at our personnel and actually incorporate them into his pitch/plans.

But wait we only want a coach's plan to change based on the players he has after he has the job. We want him to come In unprepared with a "plan" haphazardly thrown together overnight with lot of generic clichés and buzzwords.

I hope the Haslams don't buy another personality they like talking with/get energized by and rather consider the whole package/process.

I bet you it's just as silly as him trying to play headgames. Asking to move up the interview shows desperation. These are high-stakes discussions/negotiations. Could be as silly as him trying to not give up any negotiating leverage.

-PrplPplEater
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
J/c

I bet you it's just as silly as him trying to play headgames. Asking to move up the interview shows desperation. These are high-stakes discussions/negotiations. Could be as silly as him trying to not give up any negotiating leverage.

Not to mention we have interviews setup for Wednesday and Thursday already.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think he's busy. So what? People make appointments and need to keep them. Maybe his guys are packing up in NE and he'd like to see them.
Maybe the Browns have said, "No worries, Friday is good". Maybe the Browns cant move it up for some reason.

I dont see any reason to try and read more into than there may be.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
I think he's busy. So what? People make appointments and need to keep them. Maybe his guys are packing up in NE and he'd like to see them.
Maybe the Browns have said, "No worries, Friday is good". Maybe the Browns cant move it up for some reason.

I dont see any reason to try and read more into than there may be.

....I'm not sure which side of the McDaniels' "issue" you think I'm on.

I'm fine with him taking some time. He's been busy trying to get the team he is currently working for ready for a playoff game with an offense that is missing all kinds of pieces.

He hasn't been worrying about the Browns job.

I'd much prefer he take his time and look at the Browns with clear eyes and formulate a plan rather than jump in half-cocked.

Someone earlier had intimated that him waiting until Friday showed a lack of interest. I was simply saying not so fast to that.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns HC search

Link Copied to Clipboard