Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
The Cleveland Browns are proud to introduce Bozo A Clown as their latest head coach.

Owner Jimmy Haslam stated that he is "proud to introduce Bozo, the son of Bozo The Clown as the newest 1 year rental at head coach. We feel that Bozo is a perfect representative for the way we run our team, and more importantly, for the way we want to run our team. Obviously his blood lines are strong, and we just felt that he was the perfect person to run this team for, at least most of, this year." Bozo kept it short at his introductory presser, using a squeezie horn to make his only statement.

More as the story develops.

Isn't Bozo the Clown dead?

They didn't hire BT Clown, they hired his son BA Clown.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
The Cleveland Browns are proud to introduce Bozo A Clown as their latest head coach.

Owner Jimmy Haslam stated that he is "proud to introduce Bozo, the son of Bozo The Clown as the newest 1 year rental at head coach. We feel that Bozo is a perfect representative for the way we run our team, and more importantly, for the way we want to run our team. Obviously his blood lines are strong, and we just felt that he was the perfect person to run this team for, at least most of, this year." Bozo kept it short at his introductory presser, using a squeezie horn to make his only statement.

More as the story develops.

Isn't Bozo the Clown dead?

They didn't hire BT Clown, they hired his son BA Clown.

Fun fact:

Bozo the Clown's grandson played for the Angels.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/...r-bozo/6234947/

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

bbrowns32

Hall of Famer

Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg

... hopefully a good hire soon.Who ever that may be.

The question is : Will Haslam listen to Depo's recommendation?

BB I would hope so..And I have a feeling this may end up coming up a lot if McDaniels is hired... Hopefully it doesn't turn out in a bad way...

I do like the fact that there seems to be in depth thinking going on inside the building.

I really do feel this time they are getting it right.

Legend
Legend
We will know who they hire when they hire him. Right now everybody is so tight lipped that it's not funny. I just pray that we don't screw it up AGAIN.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
We'll know when they have decided when the smoke from the dumpster goes up. crazy

Last edited by YTownBrownsFan; 01/10/20 05:39 PM.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
It's time to hire McDaniels and get this done. He's still in Berea, maybe they're working on his contract is my guess.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
P
Legend
Legend
P

Fun fact:

Bozo the Clown's grandson played for the Angels.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/...r-bozo/6234947/

Oh dear God! We're not going to hire another baseball guy are we? wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

With or without new-found mega-millions, I wonder....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Is that a hearse? Did they Khashoggi him? shocked

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Just sign him to a multi-year deal, the outcome is about the same.

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M

I mean, it is dinner time!

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Good lord - I spent the last 3 hours shingling a treehouse roof hoping that an announcement would be made when I finished. Oh well. I guess they want Saturday headlines.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Very confused by what the Browns are doing right now. They let McDaniels walk, that could be a huge mistake.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
Smokey post is pure brilliance! Still chuckling. Sainted coach. Maybe have a locker room exorcism. Feeling pretty good so far.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend

The guy who dropped McDaniels off is already back at the facility. Seemed like a trip to the airport. If they make a decision and want him back, they'll send the plane to get him again. #Browns

https://twitter.com/H_Grove/status/1215763792400986117

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Could’ve been going to a hotel, no? Hard to believe they are going to announce it tomorrow and have a presser if it is Stefanski. Maybe they decide tomorrow and announce Monday.
I like all the options, I must say. Could see any one of them succeeding.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: The Big G
Could’ve been going to a hotel, no? Hard to believe they are going to announce it tomorrow and have a presser if it is Stefanski. Maybe they decide tomorrow and announce Monday.

Or more likely,all of them failing.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: The Big G

I thought they were spending the weekend in Cleveland visiting family .. part of the reason for the Friday interview

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
B
Legend
Legend
B
We'll know when they have decided when the smoke from the dumpster goes up. crazy

YTBF...what happened to you?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I haven't been following all the details on this, but here's a thought:

The person who is running the head coaching search, Paul DePodesta, wanted Kevin Stefanski last year. He's the offensive coordinator of the Vikings and that offense has continued to improve.

The Vikings are still in the playoffs. He can't be hired right now. It seems to me like there's a good chance that Stefanski is still DePo's guy, and the rest of this is due diligence.

I'm not saying none of them have a chance - not by any stretch - just that DePo is probably collecting a huge amount of data right now about other teams. I'm sure there has been some real interest in a few of them and you have to have fallback plans anyway. Maybe the Vikings go to the Super Bowl and then Stefanski decides he doesn't want the Browns job. It's just a hypothetical but you have to be prepared for all possibilities.

Just saying.. it is an explanation for why this search is taking so long.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Good lord - I spent the last 3 hours shingling a treehouse roof hoping that an announcement would be made when I finished. Oh well. I guess they want Saturday headlines.

Saturday is the least read paper of the week. Going for Sunday headlines, the most read. It will be announced tomorrow. Early enough to allow all the writers plenty of time to get the story to the editors and then copy desk.

Like they said, they want a wrap by Saturday.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
@Jake_Trotter
on ECT just now, on Josh and Laura McDaniels touring #Browns facility during 7-hour interview: I was told he was talking with some front office personnel..*maybe* feeling out if there was anybody [he] would retain."

https://twitter.com/ESPNCleveland/status/1215776750258532352

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
You might be right but I am not sure "Papers" is where it's at any more. It's instant and it's internet baby. If it's announced Saturday it's Saturday headlines.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
C
Legend
Legend
C
You might be right but I am not sure "Papers" is where it's at any more. It's instant and it's internet baby. If it's announced Saturday it's Saturday headlines.

The league usually frowns upon teams announcing stuff on the days of games (unless you are Jerry Jones).

B
Legend
Legend
B

Probably so, but I still think of headlines as newspapers.

No doubt things have changed, It's why papers are closing all over the country.

It is this instant news cycle that has caused 1 sided reporting and "fake" news. At one time, probably not in your reading life that newspapers and the network news reported in a fair and balanced way.

All of them wanted "scoops", but all reported pretty much the same story. They stuck with the facts and offered very little opine. Now it is at least 50% commentary. As for twitter and such, no way most of that can be verified. It just goes straight to the court of public opinion, and in my opinion, probably 65% of the public is stupid.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
If its Josh they’ll do it right away ....

If its Stefanski they’ll do it after Minni loses Saturday night .... that may very well leak as soon as it happens but the official word won’t come til after the bikes are done ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I doubt that DePo liking Stefanski last year automatically made him King of the Hill and someone had to come along to knock him off. I'd probably start at ground zero and compare the new group of guys.

I'm extremely happy that the Berea schmucks could actually keep things so close to the vest. Did the blabbermouth, whoever he was, get canned?

Last edited by 1oldMutt; 01/10/20 07:59 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
I doubt that DePo liking Stefanski last year automatically made him King of the Hill and someone had to come along to knock him off. I'd probably start at ground zero and compare the new group of guys.
Agreed. McDaniels wasn't part of last year's search, neither was Salah. I'm sure Stefanski still had to shine brighter than anyone else to win the job.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Remember when we hired Holmgren, the walrus? We all thought our fortunes would change. I mean, after all look at Green Bay and Seattle, right? His first draft he brought in Haden, Ward and McCoy after that a bunch of "guys"? The following year he fared brought in Phil Taylor& Sheard, but will also be remembered for the Atlanta pick that netted Julio Jones. But hey, at least we got Owen Marecic and Greg Little, right? The walrus wasn't quite the savior we all hoped.

And, as it turns out neither was Dorsey. This past offseason we all thought he walked on water and was untouchable. He brought in significant talent, and for that we should be grateful as we have more talent in our locker room than in years past, but he made a mega mistake with Freddie. And, we also found out that it doesn't matter if one team's 11 are more talented than their opposition. If the coach knows how to find the weakness of the more talented squad and exploit it, then talent means little. Especially with Freddie and co. being outcoached.

I seem to remember KC fans telling us to beware Dorsey.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I imagine everyone involved is sitting around eating dinner and discussing the interviews, decision gets made tonight with announcement tmr morning.

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I left a little room for interpretation in my post. I don't think DePo wanting to hire Stefanski last year automatically made him king of the hill this year. It's more like there's already a familiarity there, and whatever Stefanski said last year could be built on, he could share what he learned, has another year of being a coordinator under his belt, and can show how much the Vikings offense and Kirk Cousins improved this season.

Look at it like this, there's a good chance Stefanski is the guy, based on his performance last year and this year. Or maybe last year's interview just got him in the door, and he blew the coaching search committee away again.

Either way, it would explain the delay here. They want him, but can't hire him yet (maybe... I'm not saying this is the case, just that it would fit what is going on.)

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I think he's hiding out at a hotel and Mr.Jimmy will make the announcement tomorrow morning.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 01/10/20 08:53 PM.

-Charles Bukowski
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Remember when we hired Holmgren, the walrus? We all thought our fortunes would change. I mean, after all look at Green Bay and Seattle, right? His first draft he brought in Haden, Ward and McCoy after that a bunch of "guys"? The following year he fared brought in Phil Taylor& Sheard, but will also be remembered for the Atlanta pick that netted Julio Jones. But hey, at least we got Owen Marecic and Greg Little, right? The walrus wasn't quite the savior we all hoped.

And, as it turns out neither was Dorsey. This past offseason we all thought he walked on water and was untouchable. He brought in significant talent, and for that we should be grateful as we have more talent in our locker room than in years past, but he made a mega mistake with Freddie. And, we also found out that it doesn't matter if one team's 11 are more talented than their opposition. If the coach knows how to find the weakness of the more talented squad and exploit it, then talent means little. Especially with Freddie and co. being outcoached.

You do remember Owen Marecic was a fourth round pick, right? I am still amazed people have an issue with a guy picked in the fourth round, years after the fact.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Hamfist

You do remember Owen Marecic was a fourth round pick, right? I am still amazed people have an issue with a guy picked in the fourth round, years after the fact.

Dude...solid college player, but professionally his game sucked. Terrible pick. He was off our squad within a year and then on SF and cut by them a year later.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: Hamfist

Dude...solid college player, but professionally his game sucked. Terrible pick. He was off our squad within a year and then on SF and cut by them a year later.

How many fourth rounders actually stick in the league? This issue I have is people have this weird habit of thinking that a guy picked by the Browns, no matter where, is a bust if he doesn’t pan out. Everyone should be very, very aware that guys taken after the third have a minuscule chance
of a career in the NFL, but use that as an opportunity to gripe about the team.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Point being....we thought our fortunes were saved with Holmgren. Maybe it would have been, but Jimmy bought the team and fired him.

We then fell in love with Dorsey and for 1.5 years the pages in this forum loved the guy. He was a rock star. Now, the very same pages are not crying he was fired they are criticizing nearly every move.

We are a cursed team who can't seem to get out of our own way and even when we do...the media and the fans are jaded, jaundiced, cynical and critical and ready to pounce.
I too have become that way and hope that we figure it out ASAP with the talent we have in the locker room. But, I don't trust Haslam AT ALL. And, why should we? He has brought nothing but failure, impatience and inconsistency in the 7'ish years he has been here.

They HAVE to get this hire right for Mayfield, the team and for the city & fans.

C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
McDaniel his Agent and Lawyer are going over his contract making sure everything is what they want. McDaniel will be announced tomorrow.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns HC Search Part II

Link Copied to Clipboard