Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Point being....we thought our fortunes were saved with Holmgren. Maybe it would have been, but Jimmy bought the team and fired him.

We then fell in love with Dorsey and for 1.5 years the pages in this forum loved the guy. He was a rock star. Now, the very same pages are not crying he was fired they are criticizing nearly every move.

We are a cursed team who can't seem to get out of our own way and even when we do...the media and the fans are jaded, jaundiced, cynical and critical and ready to pounce.
I too have become that way and hope that we figure it out ASAP with the talent we have in the locker room. But, I don't trust Haslam AT ALL. And, why should we? He has brought nothing but failure, impatience and inconsistency in the 7'ish years he has been here.

They HAVE to get this hire right for Mayfield, the team and for the city & fans.

Well stated.

Speaking of cursed, my buddy has a theory that the Browns will flounder unto Clay Matthews retires, since they didn’t draft him.

As curses go, it has merit.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: chirp30
McDaniel his Agent and Lawyer are going over his contract making sure everything is what they want. McDaniel will be announced tomorrow.

I'm not trying to be a d***, but is this something you are in a position to know, or is it just your opinion?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I took it as his opinion

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
This could be big news.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Player opinions would sure be interesting

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Dustin Fox is on fire tonight.

-Charles Bukowski
C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
His car his wifes daughter Maddie and son Jacks car. 4 cars sounds pretty accurate.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
We'll know when they have decided when the smoke from the dumpster goes up. crazy

YTBF...what happened to you?

The Haslam reign of terror and failure.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
This could be big news.

Obj will be cut for not using a pilot

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
My sister's boyfriend has a friend who works at McDonalds, and he said his boss's brother-in-law heard that it's McDaniels….said he got it on DawgTalkers.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
My sister's boyfriend has a friend who works at McDonalds, and he said his boss's brother-in-law heard that it's McDaniels….said he got it on DawgTalkers.

I heard it from a homeless man... must be true...

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Remember when we hired Holmgren, the walrus? We all thought our fortunes would change. I mean, after all look at Green Bay and Seattle, right? His first draft he brought in Haden, Ward and McCoy after that a bunch of "guys"? The following year he fared brought in Phil Taylor& Sheard, but will also be remembered for the Atlanta pick that netted Julio Jones. But hey, at least we got Owen Marecic and Greg Little, right? The walrus wasn't quite the savior we all hoped.

And, as it turns out neither was Dorsey. This past offseason we all thought he walked on water and was untouchable. He brought in significant talent, and for that we should be grateful as we have more talent in our locker room than in years past, but he made a mega mistake with Freddie. And, we also found out that it doesn't matter if one team's 11 are more talented than their opposition. If the coach knows how to find the weakness of the more talented squad and exploit it, then talent means little. Especially with Freddie and co. being outcoached.

I seem to remember KC fans telling us to beware Dorsey.

Yeah, Dorsey was terrible. We need to rid ourselves of every single player he brought in. We have more talent than at any time since the return! So let's get rid of them as fast as we can. *snicker*

We can bring back Farmer and let him run the show. You probably loved him. But whatever we do we need to find a GM that has no clue how to draft and that NEVER spends a single dollar in FA. That's what Brown's fans like. Well, hopefully, you get your wish and the next GM is just like all the other bums that came through here before Dorsey and he refuses to spend a nickel in FA so we have 100 million in cap room every year. My fingers are crossed our analytics genius cuts every single player Dorsey brought in and we go back to the glory days of having THE worst roster in football.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Legend
Legend

I heard that Cleveland area McDonald's restaurants will be offering a "McDaniels" sandwich starting next week. rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'll tell you if we hire anyone but McDaniels a lot of people will look at this "process" as a big failure. Some of these guys, for example Stefanski, I don't even know why his name is among the interviews.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's McDaniels, not McDonald's
These rhymes are Darryl's, those burgers are RONALD'S

RunDMC

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If it was McDaniels he wouldn't have left without a contract. There was no way Haslam was going to land McDaniels. They will hire a coordinator with as little experience as possible and then hire a yes man GM that will bring nothing at all to the table. In two years' time every bit of talent we have will be gone and we will once again have the worst roster in football. Haslam makes me long for the days of Modell. That is how bad this idiot is.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am still not sold on Josh. He failed at Denver stiffed Indy and has ridden GOAT coach and QB.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
If Haslam hires anyone but McDaniels I may be close to a breaking point. Picking anyone but him automatically means going with a less qualified candidate, this is a crap show of epic proportions.

Fans need to march on Berea at some point, I'm not kidding either, I'm dead serious.

-Charles Bukowski
C
Legend
Legend
C
If Haslam hires anyone but McDaniels I may be close to a breaking point. Picking anyone but him automatically means going with a less qualified candidate, this is a crap show of epic proportions.

1. What if they went through the interview process and McDaniels just wasn't the best candidate and then Jimmy overruled everyone (again) and picked McDaniels?
2. What if McDaniels turns down the job?

(Lists are fun!)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I heard that Cleveland area McDonald's restaurants will be offering a "McDaniels" sandwich starting next week. rofl

I head they will only be available at McDowell's

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Update: Live look at Berea on HC decision 2020...

B
Legend
Legend
B
I see the McDaniels crew is in a frenzy.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Sounds like a decision will be made today? And it sounds like it’s McDaniels or Stefanski

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
I am still not sold on Josh. He failed at Denver stiffed Indy and has ridden GOAT coach and QB.

He also went 11-5 with Matt Cassell in 2008, wink

But as far as who's left, and after doing more reading on McDaniels, I think he is our guy. But I am not an NFL GM, so my opinion is worth less than a ham sandwich.

Last edited by FloridaFan; 01/11/20 07:27 AM.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Could your opinion be worth a ham wrap?

#GMSTRONG
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg

He also went 11-5 with Matt Cassell in 2008, wink

But as far as who's left, and after doing more reading on McDaniels, I think he is our guy. But I am not an NFL GM, so my opinion is worth less than a ham sandwich.

Speaking of Ham Sandwiches .. McDaniels was the one who traded Peyton Hillis and a 6th round pick to the Browns for Brady Quinn. naughtydevil

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
We blew the McDaniels interview. He isn't coming here. Right after he got on the plane, his O and D Coordinators took jobs with other teams. That tells me Josh texted them.and told them Cleveland is a no go.

It all because of Depodesta, he is the reason McDaniels won't come here. Josh wants a NE style FO and that isn't going to work with Depo

Barring a complete 180 from Haslam, Stepfanski or Saleh is going to be out next HC

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
We blew the McDaniels interview. He isn't coming here. Right after he got on the plane, his O and D Coordinators took jobs with other teams. That tells me Josh texted them.and told them Cleveland is a no go.

It all because of Depodesta, he is the reason McDaniels won't come here. Josh wants a NE style FO and that isn't going to work with Depo

Barring a complete 180 from Haslam, Stepfanski or Saleh is going to be out next HC

Perhaps it is time to heed Depo's assessments/recommendations...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
If this is true than I think it's time to fire Depodesta. For christ sakes the man isn't even in Cleveland for most of the time, we shouldn't be listening to him. If he's helping I want him to start taking questions from the media as well.

Stefanski or Saleh have 0 head coaching experience so if we go with them it would be the wrong choice. I'd never trust Depodesta either. Who else wants Kevin Stafanski? He's a bum.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 01/11/20 09:34 AM.

-Charles Bukowski
C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
McDaniels went back to New England to tell Belichick to tell him his decision face to face, also who he was considering taking with him. His wife stayed in Cleveland. Patience my friends, the sun will come out soon.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Yup. His wife never did get in that car....

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
Yup. His wife never did get in that car....

She probably stayed because she's divorcing him for not taking Haslam's money.

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C

I think it’s pretty telling that the Patriots don’t want McDaniels to leave.

Legend
Legend
The Browns front office was meeting on the coaching search last night to discuss the candidates. They are checking on the Coaches choices for a GM this morning.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Sounds like a decision will be made today? And it sounds like it’s McDaniels or Stefanski

Could be, but I don't think McDaniels heading home last night is a good sign he will be picked. The guy had his wife there. Maybe she has never been to Cleveland and was taking a tour. She had to be doing something while her hubby interviewed. I wouldn't think she sat in on the interview.

One thing for sure. If we don't hear something later today, the selection will be a coach still in the playoff's.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Isn’t his wife from the Cleveland area?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown

I don't know that we blew it, but if what you say about the coordinators is correct, I will assume it is, good deduction.

Who were they?

Last edited by Ballpeen; 01/11/20 10:01 AM.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I dont want another failed switch to a 34 defense. I dont want another roster overhaul and we get both with McDaniels.

I see a roster that needs a real leader that will holdthem accountable and not be just a friend.

We have the potential for a top 3 run game and a top 5 defense with our passing game weapons talented enough to dominate. I want to win now. I dont want another freaking 5 year plan that is blown up again in 2.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I am not concerned about switching defenses. Every team plays multiple fronts.

Overhauling the offensive side of the ball does not appeal to me at all. It seems like we should just need an offensive linemen or two and be able to hit the ground running.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
If we don't hear something later today, the selection will be a coach still in the playoff's.

I agree for the most part,'peen. If we haven't heard anything by mid-afternoon, you would think McDaniels is out of the picture...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns HC Search Part II

Link Copied to Clipboard