Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Laura McDaniels is from Parma .. Josh is from Canton

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
Hard to figure who came out ahead in that trade. Just get the next coach on board so we can start jumping to conclusions, griping, second guessing, and other off-season fan activities.

We need the workout, but seriously I am pulling for whoever the next man up is.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Just thinking out loud,, if it was to be McDaniels, I doubt he gets out of Berea. therefore, I think someone else is the pick.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
This is getting ridiculous.

It shows how professional we are. You see these other organizations? They act, they make decisions, they know who they want and get them. We have no idea what's going on or what we're doing, I'm convinced of that. I've stepped off the ledge. willynilly notallthere

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think most times coaches aren't given the opportunity to leave so they don't interview with another team. Josh has no where to go but here.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Haslam's are clueless, period point blank. They think they are si football smart that they want a head coach who will pick the GM. SO RIDICULOUS

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Again, I think they act so they don't lose a top coach. It was said Carolina's top choice was McDaniels, however McDaniels top choice was the Browns. Carolina was probably impressed with Rhule, but if they let him leave and interview McDaniels knowing the Browns are his top choice, they were at risk of losing both coaches. At least that's how it made sense to me.

I don't think the Browns are doing anything wrong. At this point we are the only team left with an open gig. We do need a decision soon because we also don't have a GM.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
Laura McDaniels is from Parma .. Josh is from Canton

Thanks. I didn't know she was from the area. She was out with old friends scouting houses in Strongsville. thumbsup .

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
On the flip side it's the one thing Haslam hasn't tried yet...

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: slick
Haslam's are clueless, period point blank. They think they are si football smart that they want a head coach who will pick the GM. SO RIDICULOUS

49ers
Seahawks
Chiefs
Bills
Washington
Las Vegas

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Again, I think they act so they don't lose a top coach. It was said Carolina's top choice was McDaniels, however McDaniels top choice was the Browns. Carolina was probably impressed with Rhule, but if they let him leave and interview McDaniels knowing the Browns are his top choice, they were at risk of losing both coaches. At least that's how it made sense to me.

I don't think the Browns are doing anything wrong. At this point we are the only team left with an open gig. We do need a decision soon because we also don't have a GM.

Meanwhile while we take time with our so called "process" whatever that is, we're missing out on assistant coaches who could be hired for our offense and defense, I hope people recognize that as well. It pays to be prudent but this is getting a little long in the tooth.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
G
2nd String
2nd String
G
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

It shows how professional we are. You see these other organizations? They act, they make decisions, they know who they want and get them. We have no idea what's going on or what we're doing, I'm convinced of that. I've stepped off the ledge. willynilly notallthere

Haslam is gun shy, afraid to pull the trigger.
I think who ever the new coach is he will be given more than 3 years to prove himself.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
Legend
Legend
Some of these posts are pretty entertaining...

I don't care who the coach is... ultimately it's the Browns... odds are we'll be doing this again in two years... if not it'll be a pleasant surprise 😆

<><

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

So true....

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
The thinking on the NFL channel is they won't make a anouncement over the weekend do to not wanting to upstage the playoff games going on this weekend.

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

So true....

This is exactly how it will go down. But also add to media, dawgtalkers posters as well.,

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C
My guess is that we won’t find out from the national reporters that it’s McDaniels until his name is on a contract. They all got burned with him last time.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Gotta be a LOT of fine print and contract terms to hash out with agent as well..

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
My guess is that we won’t find out from the national reporters that it’s McDaniels until his name is on a contract.

And, it's been notarized.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I'd be non plussed if I thought Jimmy Haslam would move on tastybrownies', (or my), time frame.

What Calander date have past Browns coaches been fired and subsequently the next one was hired on?

I think, when looking about Chris Palmer, Chudzinski, somebody, PAT SHURMUR, (dang there are a lot of ex Browns coaches to remember), I saw, some Browns coach was fired on the same calander date Freddie Kitchens was, and the new coach was hired on the 13th.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Remember when we hired Holmgren, the walrus? We all thought our fortunes would change. I mean, after all look at Green Bay and Seattle, right? His first draft he brought in Haden, Ward and McCoy after that a bunch of "guys"? The following year he fared brought in Phil Taylor& Sheard, but will also be remembered for the Atlanta pick that netted Julio Jones. But hey, at least we got Owen Marecic and Greg Little, right? The walrus wasn't quite the savior we all hoped.

And, as it turns out neither was Dorsey. This past offseason we all thought he walked on water and was untouchable. He brought in significant talent, and for that we should be grateful as we have more talent in our locker room than in years past, but he made a mega mistake with Freddie. And, we also found out that it doesn't matter if one team's 11 are more talented than their opposition. If the coach knows how to find the weakness of the more talented squad and exploit it, then talent means little. Especially with Freddie and co. being outcoached.

I seem to remember KC fans telling us to beware Dorsey.

Yeah, Dorsey was terrible. We need to rid ourselves of every single player he brought in. We have more talent than at any time since the return! So let's get rid of them as fast as we can. *snicker*

We can bring back Farmer and let him run the show. You probably loved him. But whatever we do we need to find a GM that has no clue how to draft and that NEVER spends a single dollar in FA. That's what Brown's fans like. Well, hopefully, you get your wish and the next GM is just like all the other bums that came through here before Dorsey and he refuses to spend a nickel in FA so we have 100 million in cap room every year. My fingers are crossed our analytics genius cuts every single player Dorsey brought in and we go back to the glory days of having THE worst roster in football.

Dude...you like TOTALLY missed the entire point of my post. If you go back and re-read you might figure it out. I am saying we were led by fool's gold when they brought in Holmgren and Dorsey. Both GMs we thought were going to rescue the franchise and deliver the goods. Both were fired. I actually stated Dorsey brought in a ton of talent and we have to get this HC hire correct or we risk losing the locker room and Mayfield's development. So yeah...continue being sarcy, but actually....I am on your side.

Legend
Legend
j/c...

So true....

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Lol. Perfect.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Of course.

Daryl Ruiter is 92.3 The Fan's version of Tony Grossi. Just not as bad.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Stefanski really could bring in Shurmur as the OC. That would be pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/H_Grove/status/1216018776837304321

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
The more I read about McDaniels, the more I am starting to hope it's him. He sounds kind of like Belichick after he was fired by Cleveland. He took every negative in his Denver experience, and looked for a better way to do things. I don't know is any of these candidates will succeed with Haslam leading the franchise, as he is too quick to fire anyone who isn't perfect right out of the chute ...... but I think that McDaniels probably has the best shot.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
We blew the McDaniels interview. He isn't coming here. Right after he got on the plane, his O and D Coordinators took jobs with other teams. That tells me Josh texted them.and told them Cleveland is a no go.

It all because of Depodesta, he is the reason McDaniels won't come here. Josh wants a NE style FO and that isn't going to work with Depo

Barring a complete 180 from Haslam, Stepfanski or Saleh is going to be out next HC

I don't know that we blew it, but if what you say about the coordinators is correct, I will assume it is, good deduction.

Who were they?

How do you know WHO his O/D Coordinaters were? Did Josh announce who his staff would be or something?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think they are just looking at fits with the potential coaches and the potential GMs those coaches mentioned during interviews.

They are just looking at all the scenarios now. We want the GM and head coach together. Not one or the other.

Still need to figure out the GM side of things. I'm glad they are actually sticking with a plan.

I don't think the media knows what is going on.

McDaniels could have headed back to NE to pick up Ziegler (?) for all we know.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Stefanski really could bring in Shurmur as the OC. That would be pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/H_Grove/status/1216018776837304321

And then hires Dick Jauron as the DC. Yeah, let's reunite the 2011 Browns team! I hear Owen Marecic may want to return to the league too.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
j/c...

So true....

I really don't understand this post. Who the heck is John Kosco

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

Yep, picking the scraps again...McCarthy and crew was the team (if he did indeed already have a staff in place)...now it will be a group that has never worked together before...the train keeps a rolling!

D
Legend
Legend
D
The thief’s stupid has no floor ... what a clueless jackass this dude is ...

Were checking out the potential HC’s pick for GM before we decide on the coach ...

Wonder what the menZa does if the HC they want the most has a GM they don’t like things about but their #2 HCing choice has a GM they like ... or what if their 3rd choice for HC has by far the best of the GM’s ...

STUPID HAS NO FLOOR with the thief ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I'm glad they are actually sticking with a plan.

Not sure how it's going to workout. I do feel more comfortable this time around then any other.It does feel they are sticking with a plan.

B
Legend
Legend
B
As usual we have the panic crew.

I think we have 2-3 guys who could be good coaches.

If there were other teams still looking I could see the need to act, but there isn't.

We are going to be able to get solid assistant coaches....actually, we already have several I would keep.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
The thief’s stupid has no floor ... what a clueless jackass this dude is ...

Were checking out the potential HC’s pick for GM before we decide on the coach ...

Wonder what the menZa does if the HC they want the most has a GM they don’t like things about but their #2 HCing choice has a GM they like ... or what if their 3rd choice for HC has by far the best of the GM’s ...

STUPID HAS NO FLOOR with the thief ...

1. We don't actually know that is what is happening. It could be, or could be we are with the coaches agent ironing out contract details. That is a possibility, no?

2. If in fact we are looking at GM prospects, I don't see that as a bad thing. The object if to pair a coach with a GM.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
Everyone upset even the media because Browns won’t give any information on the coach. Only ones need to know are the parties involved, everyone else is irrelevant. Snakes and snitches must be out of the loop. Seems like it’s kinda closed mouth and tight lipped. Kinda like how New England runs things, interesting.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As usual we have the panic crew.

If there were other teams still looking I could see the need to act, but there isn't.

We are going to be able to get solid assistant coaches....actually, we already have several I would keep.

Hardly in a panic dude....hardly. tsktsk

Wanted McCarthy, but that ship has sailed. NOW just hoping we can find someone to build a STOUT defensive with players that actually HIT people and tackle them...that's ALL I really want....tired of the puss D's we have fielded for decades!

Last edited by SunDawg; 01/11/20 11:47 AM.
P
Legend
Legend
P

In that case just break out the dart board.

Quote:

So as per usual we're down to the leftovers.

Quote:

Yet we know every regime wants their own staff. Sometimes there's a piece or two kept but it will be pretty much an overhaul. Once again, from the leftovers.

You know what they say about putting lipstick on a pig.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: chirp30
Everyone upset even the media because Browns won’t give any information on the coach. Only ones need to know are the parties involved, everyone else is irrelevant. Snakes and snitches must be out of the loop. Seems like it’s kinda closed mouth and tight lipped. Kinda like how New England runs things, interesting.

So you're saying, If you aren't in the Browns FO you don't matter.

Why does that sound so familiar?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns HC Search Part II

Link Copied to Clipboard