RIP

[Linked Image]

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

So many people not liking this hire makes me feel even better about it.

That's odd and contrarian.

I said I'll support the guy 100% - but right now it feels just I do at 4:30 pm on a Sunday afternoon after the Browns just snatched defeat from the jaws of victory while playing a team who is playing with their back up QB, RB and star WR.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Big Polish community in Cleveland.

Grossi is assuming Stefanski to be Polish.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Any word on Kubiak yet?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Not in my top 2or3 .......but hopefully he will be successful.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Deja vu all over again.

Congrats, Kevin! It's all uphill from here on out. I had him third. Guess our brain trust is gonna think 'em to death.

Just not good.

I also had him third. It looks like Berry at GM ( which I like ).

Now who are the favorites for OC and DC? What is the timeline to have those positions filled.

If we bring in Kubiak, I like the hire more. If we get rid of Priefer then I adjust my prediction of 6-10 to 4-12.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Deja vu all over again.

Congrats, Kevin! It's all uphill from here on out. I had him third. Guess our brain trust is gonna think 'em to death.

Just not good.

I also had him third. It looks like Berry at GM ( which I like ).

Now who are the favorites for OC and DC? What is the timeline to have those positions filled.

If we bring in Kubiak, I like the hire more. If we get rid of Priefer then I adjust my prediction of 6-10 to 4-12.

Why in gods name do you like Berry?

HE IS JUST AS MUCH RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR 1-31 RECORD AS SASHI BROWN WAS!!!!! HE WAS BROWNS RIGHT -HAND MAN!!!!!

We shouldn't want that clown anywhere near the city of Cleveland, He shouldn't even have a janitors job with the Browns, let alone a Front Office role.

Its bad enough we hired Stephanski, but if we are bringing in that inept moron Berry, we might as well re-hire Sashi Brown.

G
2nd String
2nd String
G
I am just glad Depo got his guy over another Haslam guy. Depo seems a lot smarter than Haslam.
I also like that Stefansky likes to run the ball.
Hopefully he can get Kubiak to be his OC.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
Legend
Legend

Now who are the favorites for OC and DC?

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
j/c:

There is gonna be a lot of chapped asses today.

Not me, I thought, pretty much from the first day, this would be the guy...

Am I happy, eh,, neither happy or sad really. I'll wait and see.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
A lot will depend on the OC/DC

For Those About To Rock....We Salute You!

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
J/C -

I don't know enough about Football.

Good luck Kevin - I hope he can succeed where myriad others have failed. I have an open mind - I'd like to see some success before I leave this mortal coil (I'm only in my late 40s). I hope he tailors the offense to Baker's strengths and utilises our RB harem appropriately. I hope he lets the OC call the plays.

Will be interesting to see if one or more Kubiak joins him. I guess we know who we want as GM (Berry, I'd assume?) too. One positive - Minny's defense has been pretty outstanding. I hope Stefanski brings some of that with his systems, etc.

Last edited by drobs; 01/12/20 02:28 PM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Berry seemed to do well in Philly.

I think leadership had a three year plan to gut the roster and stack picks back then. We weren’t trying to win games then, that much is obvious. What I think we were trying to do was to replicate what the Cubs/ Astros did around that time in MLB.

During that phase of the plan, they were successful. I don’t think they were really given a chance to build the roster outside of the Myles Garrett draft.

Building our roster right now with talent isn't an issue. Right now we need to fix our OL and LB’s/ Safties. I’d love to learn more about the Sashi/Berry decision making process / org chart.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How many different way can you spell his name?

Congrats. You get to remain miserable even longer. You should be rejoicing .

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07
j/c:

Maybe I am missing something but I am not getting what Grossi is even getting at. I s he trying to bash the Browns for not hiring a minority candidate?

Cleveland has a large Polish and Slavic population...he is making a joke. A bad one at that. Very bad. I agree with Allbright...we deserve better. No class Grossi.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K

I think leadership had a three year plan to gut the roster and stack picks back then. We weren’t trying to win games then, that much is obvious. What I think we were trying to do was to replicate what the Cubs/ Astros did around that time in MLB.

During that phase of the plan, they were successful. I don’t think they were really given a chance to build the roster outside of the Myles Garrett draft.

Building our roster right now with talent isn't an issue. Right now we need to fix our OL and LB’s/ Safties. I’d love to learn more about the Sashi/Berry decision making process / org chart.

the 2016-2017 drafts were AWFUL and Berry was in charge of player evaluation. the only players we have to show for anything from those 2 drafts are Garret and Schobert.

Berry had Trubisky rated higher then both Garret and Mahomes, do you really want this guy anywhere near your draft?

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
How many different way can you spell his name?

Congrats. You get to remain miserable even longer. You should be rejoicing .

As many as i can figure out because I hate the hire.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
brownie

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown

the 2016-2017 drafts were AWFUL and Berry was in charge of player evaluation. the only players we have to show for anything from those 2 drafts are Garret and Schobert.

Berry had Trubisky rated higher then both Garret and Mahomes, do you really want this guy anywhere near your draft?

Here is a thought to linger in your head...It would be pretty cool to see Berry hire Sashi in some advisory capacity. Come full circle if you will.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Legend
Legend
L
Stefanski was the guy I wanted if we didn’t get McCarthy. I think priefer stays since he came from that staff. Stefanski seems like the guy will give his OC the offense and DC the defense but be involved in both and let them do their thing. The thing freddie never figured out. What people failed to realize in yesterday’s game, it was still cousins. He’s not that good. They polished that turd to an almost sheen all season. Playoffs are different. Look at what happened to Baltimore by a 9-7 titans team that threw for less than 100 yards. I will say I don’t like berry . He was part of the darkest times in Berea and shouldn’t be even considered. A lot of good FO people around without rehashing one we know doesn’t work

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Some random thoughts...

After looking back at Pettine, Jackson, Kitchens... it's been a while since the Browns have hired a HC that can spell the word "smart".

I'm betting that we'll have an OC with the last name Kubiak, but I not sure on his first name yet.

We decided to let our Chief Strategy Officer have a little say in the chief strategy this time.

Chubb and Hunt should love this hire.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Main site still has nothing. Oh yeah, don't want to upstage playoffs. NFL sites lead story is that Edelman vandalized something or another. Yep, we're relevant as ever...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If he doesn’t win, I’m all for calling him “Steph”anski.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown

Here is a thought to linger in your head...It would be pretty cool to see Berry hire Sashi in some advisory capacity. Come full circle if you will.

You mean like the dog that chased his own tail?

Brillant!

[Linked Image]

O
Legend
Legend
O
Open minded about the hire here. Just kind of meh about the choice but the only one that I would have rather had was McCarthy. The rest were all unknowns or retread losers. So welcome coach, and just win.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
or a GM.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I like his approach, I like his philosophy, and those that actually know him LOVE his leadership. The main people poo-pooing this hire are those that had a man-crush on McDaniels.

I get it...Minnesota laid an egg yesterday. Well Guess what, Baltimore laid an egg in our first meeting this year. Anyone claiming that we are a better Team this year than BMore? They also laid an egg yesterday. Is Freddie a better Coach than Harbaugh?...Heck McDaniels Offense laid an egg in their last game. Did that stop people from wanting him?

I am not going to lie and say that yesterdays game is not a concern. Minnesota looked over-matched. And that very well may be exactly what it is. They were over-matched. What is actually a bigger concern to me than yesterday's game is the 2-4 record in the division. They could not beat the Packers and Bears. But that is Minnesota...Not Stefanski alone. I haven't watched those games to make an informed decision.

Overall, I am happy with the move. I did prefer Saleh(even before the game), and Schwartz intrigued me...But I am very content and happy with Stefanski. I think people need to relax for a bit so we can get the chance to see what they saw in picking him.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I hope he's smart enough to not empty his backfield on 3rd and 1 and at the goal line.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
There’s no doubt he’s smart, it’s whether he can instill discipline and get respect

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Main site still has nothing. Oh yeah, don't want to upstage playoffs. NFL sites lead story is that Edelman vandalized something or another. Yep, we're relevant as ever...

Lead story on ESPN and NFL.com is the Stefanski hire.

Maybe us being out of the headlines would be a good thing after last year.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Maybe he can convince Kubiak to join his team!

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
If Knight of Brown is against this hire, I am all for it.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
"I like his approach, I like his philosophy, and those that actually know him LOVE his leadership. The main people poo-pooing this hire are those that had a man-crush on McDaniels."

I'm poo-pooing his hire and I don't have any type of crush on any of the bums they interviewed.
But i would like to know a few things,and it appears you've set yourself up as an expert,what is his approach,what is his philosophy?

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
W
Rookie
Rookie
W
Stafanski has only been with the Vikings in 13 seasons, surviving 3 Head Coaching hires there. Not sure about his personality... But if he his soft spoken, but intelligent and good minded, it will work with Baker, as those QBs in the league that are leaders and got a fire in their stomach, are the ones if they are successful, have a HC that is more even-keel.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Stefanski was respected enough in Minnesota that Childress, Leslie Frazier and Mike Zimmer all kept him around throughout all the changes.

He must've been doing something right.

M
Legend
Legend
M
From Gary Kubiak via The Athletic back in September...

“Mike Shanahan used to sit in his office and watch me teach with a monitor, and I remember those days,” Kubiak said this summer. “In a lot of the ways I’m sitting there watching Kevin teach every day. So I really enjoy it and am very impressed with his work ethic and his passion and his ability to reach people in a lot of different ways.”

M
Legend
Legend
M
Fun fact:

Kevin Stefanski's dad is Ed Stefanski, an NBA executive for the Detroit Pistons.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Hammer
If Knight of Brown is against this hire, I am all for it.

When you see someone throwing their toys out the pram in such a way I tend to agree. Not my choice at all. But I'm happy to sit back and be proven wrong instead of .... well instead of that sort of reaction.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Not surprising he won out if he projected this at his interviews.

Report: Cleveland Browns candidate Kevin Stefanski has ‘old-school style mixing in new-school tools’
Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski might offer the best of both worlds, statistical analysis with old-school approach.
BROWNS
Author:
Matthew Florjancic
Published:
5:28 PM EST January 10, 2020
Updated:
5:28 PM EST January 10, 2020
CLEVELAND — When the Cleveland Browns hired Freddie Kitchens instead of Minnesota Vikings interim offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski last January, it was viewed as the football side of the organization winning out over the analytics department.

Fast-forward a year and the Browns once again find themselves looking for a head coach, but according to Vikings reporter AJ Mansour from KFAN-FM in Minneapolis, if Cleveland hires Stefanski, they would get the best of both worlds.

Climate Change Havens
Ad by The New York Times
See More
“He’s going to be a player’s coach,” Mansour said on “The Ken Carman Show with Anthony Lima” on Cleveland’s 92.3 The Fan earlier this week.

“He’s going to be a front-office coach because he’s deep into analytics, so he’s got that new-school kind of vibe, but he’s not as creative as some of the Kyle Shanahan kind of guys. He’s more of the old-school style mixing in new-school tools on how to beat the opponent each and every week.”

RELATED | Dan Shaughnessy: Josh McDaniels, Baker Mayfield would make ‘good future’ for Cleveland Browns

The Vikings’ longest-tenured assistant coach, Stefanski replaced former Browns assistant coach John DeFilippo as Minnesota’s offensive coordinator late in the 2018 season.

In 2009, Stefanski helped Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre transition into the system after joining the team in mid-August, and the experiment was a successful one, as the Vikings earned their way to the NFC Championship Game and pushed the eventual champion New Orleans Saints to overtime.

In 2012, Stefanski helped improve the play of former quarterback Christian Ponder, who led the Vikings to a 4-0 stretch in the final weeks of the season, as well as a playoff berth. Ponder’s best game came in a must-win situation late in the season, and he did not throw an interception over the final three weeks.

Kevin Stefanski Minnesota Vikings Football
Photo by: Bruce Kluckhohn/AP
Minnesota Vikings interim offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski watches from the sideline during the first half of a game against the Miami Dolphins at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis on Sunday, December 16, 2018.
RELATED | Report: Josh McDaniels ‘wants to come home, has heart set’ on coaching Cleveland Browns

After mentoring the tight ends (2014-2015) and running backs (2016), Stefanski transitioned to quarterbacks coach, where in 2017, he helped the Vikings overcome injuries to Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Bradford by leading Case Keenum to his most successful professional season.

Under Stefanski’s guidance, Keenum posted an 11-3 record after completing 325 of his 481 attempts (67.6 percent) for 3,547 yards and 22 touchdowns against only seven interceptions. Despite being sacked 22 times, Keenum had a career-best 98.3 quarterback rating.

“A guy like Kevin Stefanski shines with the quarterbacks,” Mansour said.

“Stefanski was able to come in, and instead of fitting a square peg into a round hole, he figured out what players he has, what kind of skills they have and he develops the scheme around what the players on the roster can do. I think that that’s a good thing for a coach to do on a young team, but a new coach in any situation.”

Kevin Stefanski Miami Dolphins-Minnesota Vikings Football
Photo by: Bruce Kluckhohn/AP
Minnesota Vikings interim offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski watches from the sideline during the first half of a game against the Miami Dolphins at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota on Sunday, December 16, 2018.
RELATED | Who is Josh McDaniels? The local kid who is leading Cleveland Browns coaching candidate

Although Stefanski has spent his entire career as an assistant coach or coordinator, he has been a part of the Vikings’ staff under several head coaches, and while there is only a small sample size of his play-calling abilities, Mansour is confident the veteran coach will be successful if given the chance to lead a team.

“Compared to a lot of coaches who only do one thing and kind of silo themselves into that position and trying to get head coaching jobs,” Mansour said, “him bouncing around and getting little tastes, he’s also coached under three or four head coaches, so he has that opportunity where he can pull things from those head coaches, what works and maybe more importantly, what didn’t work with coaches here in Minnesota.”

RELATED | The Haslam ownership stands at a crossroads (again) as coaching search ends — Bud Shaw’s Sports Spin.

RELATED | Help or hindrance? Where does Baker Mayfield fit in Cleveland Browns’ coaching search?

Ad
Unmute
by TaboolaSponsored LinksYou May Like
Al Roker's Response To Jillian Michaels' Harsh Comments Goes Viral, Fuels Popularity For Trend
Agency Post
Next Generation of Baby Monitors Is Here
Babygaga | Lumi by Pampers™
According To This NFL Expert, Here's How The 1st Round Of The 2020 NFL Draft Will Play Out
NewArena
Plastic Surgeon Reveals One Weird Way To Fill In Wrinkles At Home
Beverly Hills MD
The British-or-Irish Quiz
Ad by The New York Times
See More

Jobs Terms of Service Privacy Policy
Your California Privacy Policy Ad Choices Do Not Sell My Information
© 2020 WKYC-TV. All Rights Reserved.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
If he doesn’t win, I’m all for calling him “Steph”anski.

Cool, more sexism on the board!

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Hire Kevin Stefanski

Link Copied to Clipboard