Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

I want the new HC to have the tools he needs to succeed. I don't mean he has to win a SB immediately. I want a Browns HC to do well enough to allow the Haslams to take a breath and relax.

Keeping Chubb and Hunt together as a RB tandem is a big tool. Used well and barring injury, it can power a team. Give them an OL. Make them the center of the defense's attention. Oh yeah, we have Landry and Beckham. Do we have a QB?

If Coach Stefanski can have a winning season, he buys 2 more years (at least.) Would love to keep them together beyond 2020, but Hunt would have to agree to stay for less than he could get on the open market. How humbled and grateful is he?

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Over the years this team has constantly traded good players in hopes of obtaining more. This is good, sometimes. We have two of the best backs in the NFL. We just hired a coach that will utilize the run game and PA. Hunt is a threat in both areas. For once the thought should be more about how to keep him, instead of trying to get something for him.

Getting rid of top tier talent is not what this team needs right now. Good talent needs to be retained.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
j/c

I want the new HC to have the tools he needs to succeed. I don't mean he has to win a SB immediately. I want a Browns HC to do well enough to allow the Haslams to take a breath and relax.

Keeping Chubb and Hunt together as a RB tandem is a big tool. Used well and barring injury, it can power a team. Give them an OL. Make them the center of the defense's attention. Oh yeah, we have Landry and Beckham. Do we have a QB?

If Coach Stefanski can have a winning season, he buys 2 more years (at least.) Would love to keep them together beyond 2020, but Hunt would have to agree to stay for less than he could get on the open market. How humbled and grateful is he?

It makes much more sense to get rid of one of our high-priced WR before we get rid of one of our bargain-priced RB. Both from a money perspective as well as an offensive development one. We're sooooo much closer to being a dominant running team than we are a dominant passing team. As little as 2 good/lucky Olinemen pickups and the HC/OC not being a dumpster fire and we're running over teams. Passing-wise, we still need Baker to forget about this past year and take the next step from the end of his rookie year. If it happens (I think it will) it will still take time. I think this past season was a negative in terms of his overall development.
Then again, if a guy just doesn't fit what Stefanski wants to run (talent-wise or attitude-wise), I will accept getting draft picks for our blue-chip talent, but 1-31 isn't far enough away for me to be ok with watching actual NFL talent walk out the door (after many years of not having much of it).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I believe we put a 1st round tender on him. I think with Baker in a prove it year, coming into the year with a new HC, and yet another new OC, Baker is goin to have his plate full. He will need to have Hunt and Chubb to lean on.

Lets face it, our season ends and dies with Baker. Love him or hate him, we need him to succeed. Having Hunt only adds to the chances he will. JMO

Legend
Legend
I agree. A 1st round tender makes sense. That’s what I’d do as well

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
What makes you think that teams who wouldn't pay anything to him last off season suddenly see him as a player they will not only give up draft capital for, but also a much larger salary than we did?

He only played eight games and his stats don't jump out at you. The best case scenario would be to keep him for a year or two and give his value time to increase. Then you may actually get a premium for him.

He is a proven stud RB...he's young...he's not had another incident...he's said and done all the right things on and off the field...people have short memories. His new contract can be structured to VOID if he screws up again.

That doesn't guarantee that someone will come get him...but I wouldn't take that chance for 4.7 mil for a guy with that talent...he was essentially a free, early, draft pick, chance for us...I wouldn't give that away over the difference between a high and low RFA tender.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

NFL "surprise" drug test probably right around the corner....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Clown show rolls on...

Legend
Legend
I'm sure the NFL is going to test him, and that should answer that question.

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
A little more info here...

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Doesn't it ever end with us?

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
1. I'd beat the crap out of my brother, if true.
2. Can't you afford your own car?
3. I'd beat the crap out of my brother, if true.
4. I'd abstain from the very appearance of evil (brother).
5 I'd beat the crap out of my brother, if true.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
1. I'd beat the crap out of my brother, if true.
2. Can't you afford your own car?
3. I'd beat the crap out of my brother, if true.
4. I'd abstain from the very appearance of evil (brother).
5 I'd beat the crap out of my brother, if true.

"Police called to the home of Kareem Hunt. Hunt arrested for allegedly assaulting own brother"

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

C
Legend
Legend
C
Not great for a guy who doesn’t have much wiggle room.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Not great for a guy who doesn’t have much wiggle room.
Just test him and get it over with (one way or another).

I'm so over players getting popped for weed. Rules are rules, but I think I care least about this one.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Players need to negotiate marijuana out of banned substances in the next CBA.

Here's the police report...

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

How are you enjoying yourself so far, Stefanski?

Tackles are tackles.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I don't think we should pass too much judgement (or anything else), considering it wasn't his car.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If he would have looked at the analytics he would know that Cleveland is the location where NFL careers go to die.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Haus
I don't think we should pass too much judgement (or anything else), considering it wasn't his car.

Like others have said, I'm guessing the NFL has already reached out with a cup and/or hair tweezer.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Players need to negotiate marijuana out of banned substances in the next CBA.

Here's the police report...

Small amounts of weed in 3 different locations sounds like someone (may or may not be Hunt) is messy and doesn't clean up after themselves. The car not being Hunt's makes me think it's not his.

/assumption

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Small amounts of weed in 3 different locations sounds like someone (may or may not be Hunt) is messy and doesn't clean up after themselves.

Or it's like a little kid pushing his vegetables around on his plate in to separate piles to make it look like less is there! I used this tactic as a kid.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

I think the NFL should follow MLB's lead and just remove marijuana from their list of banned substances.

Until that time, however, rules are rules. Anyone who risks a multi-million$/yr job over catching a buzz deserves what they get.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Get rid of him. Drugs are a weakness and this team does not need any more weakness. And, I was a huge Hunt fan earlier in this thread.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
yep and the odor in the car came from his brother smoking weed earlier in the day.

like DOTD just said, I lauded Hunt earlier in the thread for his ability, but he is a time bomb. poor judgement is a personality trait. these episodes will continue, get any value you can now in a trade for an olineman, safety, or LB.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not sure how much you know about weed, but you can smell weed without having smoked it. Good bud has a powerful aroma.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Pit, I am not passing judgement on whether he is smoking weed or not, or whether it should be lawful to smoke weed or not. But, the fact is Hunt plays in the NFL where weed smoking is not allowed and he is being monitored after undisputedly poor behavior.

In that situation only a person with poor judgement gets into a car that smells like weed, owned by a weed smoker, and speeds. Trade him or cut him. So sick of this crap.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Baker_Dawg
Trade him or cut him. So sick of this crap.

Go back to telling people to get off your lawn.

This one seems pretty simple. If he is tested by the league and passes, he was telling the truth.

If he is tested by the league and fails, he was lying.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
What if he is never tested? Small chance of that being the case, but you never know.

Then what? Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

"Cuff 'em!"

Last edited by FATE; 01/24/20 03:03 PM.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If he isn't tested then I suppose we take him at his word.

Kareem testing himself would also be a pretty convincing move if he is telling the truth.

You also can exercise REALLY hard (like running a half marathon hard) and pass a marijuana test.

My former college roommate (on the track team) did this when he found out he was going to be tested the next day. He left our place at 10 PM and just went running for 3 hours.

Passed with flying colors.

Legend
Legend
jc

so, if we're gonna go back to having perfect snowflake players who never do anything wrong, the standard should be set by also cutting our QB with a police tape.

keep that same energy across the board. cut hunt, garrett, Baker, OBJ because he will fight another kickers net, all of them.

lets go back to the mangini days were we sucked hard with no talent, but atleast they were high character guys that we can have moral victories for!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:
My former college roommate (on the track team) did this when he found out he was going to be tested the next day. He left our place at 10 PM and just went running for 3 hours.

WHERE HAS THIS LIFE HACK BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I have a couple more questions...

Why did the officer feel the need to search the vehicle in the first place?

How fast was he going and what was the posted limit?

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:

He smelled grass.

Quote:

77 in a 60 according to the report.

Tackles are tackles.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

yeahhhhh I am going to call in and say bs on that one.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
I have a couple more questions...

its the magic "sir, i smell what seems like marijuana. i need to search your vehicle".

i get hit like that by Mentor cops a couple months ago. he claimed he smelled weed......after i just finished dropping 150 bucks to get my entire ride detailed. and speeding isnt a reason to have your vehicle searched. so the cops definitely had to hit him with the "i smell marijuana". its the go to excuse.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum An Offseason Consideration- What To Do With Kareem Hunt?

Link Copied to Clipboard