Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
I mean... sure... if you ignore the fact that he was cut by how many teams before he got here? Then went to SF and was again buried on the depth chart until a rash of injuries forced him to get meaningful snaps.

Your indictment of DePo and Co, in this instance, involves far more people than that... including SF.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
Legend
Legend
C

Legend
Legend

Aye yi yi.

I am just chillin in my home town.

Vodka and weed. Suspended last year.

People struggle just to get by. Like the Browns fan cop who pulled him over.

Hunt has a chance to make generational money. Enough for his family and another generation.

And he is speeding on the freeway with a open vodka container and weed in the car??

Brilliant.

A fool and his money are sure to part ways.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Just a lack of common sense. He was going 77 in a 60 zone. Sorry, that gets you pulled on any interstate, and it should.

So he is blitzing the speed by 17MPH with a open bottle of vodka and weed in the car.

Yep, no common sense.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
FWIW, the vodka was in a backpack on the backseat. Its not like he was cruising along with a 90 proof road-pop between his legs on the car seat while he drove.

Legend
Legend
Did hunt get popped for a DUI?

So if he wasn’t driving drunk, and a bit of weed was in the car but he wasn’t high either........

Why should we care?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

I can understand being young and irresponsible.

But damn. This guy was suspended. He is under a magnifying glass. Freddie and Dorsey praised him for his community service work.

His career is front and center. He could have been taken to the station and tested for alcohol and weed. Probably failed both.

He could easily be cut for this.

The Browns his home team gives him a chance. Stands behind him. Let's him get his feet back under him. No doubt he was lectured excessively about how to conduct himself.

I have zero patience for this kind of crap.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Swish

So if he wasn’t driving drunk, and a bit of weed was in the car but he wasn’t high either........

Why should we care?

No he didn't get a DUI. We should be concerned because the guy decided to skate on thin ice. It shows a lack of thought process.

I am not saying we need to get rid of him, but wouldn't want to see us invest much money in the guy. Once people start to get caught in the legal system, it can be hard to get out because people are watching.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
On that section of I-90, there are speed traps everywhere. Westlake cops love to camp out at the Lorain County line where the speed limit drops from 65 to 60 when you cross the line. They pop people all the time who don't decelerate quickly enough. However, once you get to Rocky River where the speed limit is 60, you are 5 miles or so from the Lorain County line. 77 is going to get you pulled over just about anywhere, except maybe Texas or the Autobahn.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Dave
On that section of I-90, there are speed traps everywhere. Westlake cops love to camp out at the Lorain County line where the speed limit drops from 65 to 60 when you cross the line. They pop people all the time who don't decelerate quickly enough. However, once you get to Rocky River where the speed limit is 60, you are 5 miles or so from the Lorain County line. 77 is going to get you pulled over just about anywhere, except maybe Texas or the Autobahn.

I obviously don't drive it as much as you, but I do it enough I know what you are talking about. I stay in Westlake for many games. I have seen them parked up against the concrete divider. I by nature don't have a heavy foot, and I use my cruise control as a rule. I also know about going to the Westlake. My wife and I like to eat at Chez Francois in Vermillion a few times a year. When we do that, we stay out there at a Holiday Inn Express on Saturday night, make the 40-50 minute drive to the stadium on Sunday morning.

Kareem is from the area and been up there long enough to know that 90 is well patrolled. From Cleveland out to the Lorain county line, you have what, 4-5 different communities? They are all going to try to stem speeding in their bounds, not to mention the Trooper assigned to the sector who might set up camp.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Its not really about law enforcement or safety for these suburbs. Its all about revenue for their podunk city coffers. 60 is a ridiculous speed limit on an interstate highway.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
[deleted: I didn't see the earlier posted article]

Last edited by myka; 01/27/20 08:15 PM.
Legend
Legend

"Let's see now gotta drive to the airport. Got weed - check. Got some vodka - check."

"Now all I need to do is go 77 mph in a place where the cops love to camp." "Yea that will work just shoot right past him."

The Tape: "I've lost so much you don't understand I should be playing in the Super Bowl."

Except I was thrown off the team and suspended by the NFL.

The policeman and die hard Browns fan. "It's ok Kareem I am just going to give you a traffic ticket so you won't get into trouble." Go Browns.

Ah life is so unfair.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Dave
Its not really about law enforcement or safety for these suburbs. Its all about revenue for their podunk city coffers. 60 is a ridiculous speed limit on an interstate highway.

Maybe so, but it is what it is. I am not saying I agree with the limit. I am just saying the signs are posted. It's not up to you or I to decided it needs to be 70MPH.

When you see a speed limit sign, you need to follow the limit, like it or not.

I don't like going 20MPH through a school zone, but it is what it is

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I would slap original tender on Hunt. Take the draft pick and never look back.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Because thats not an overreaction or anything.

No Craps Given
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Correct. It's not my nature to overreact.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish

"Let's see now gotta drive to the airport. Got weed - check. Got some vodka - check."

"Now all I need to do is go 77 mph in a place where the cops love to camp." "Yea that will work just shoot right past him."

The Tape: "I've lost so much you don't understand I should be playing in the Super Bowl."

Except I was thrown off the team and suspended by the NFL.

The policeman and die hard Browns fan. "It's ok Kareem I am just going to give you a traffic ticket so you won't get into trouble." Go Browns.

Ah life is so unfair.

How much weed was found by the police? Was it those little ass crumbs I saw earlier in the thread?

And the bottle of vodka.....do you not drink? How else are you suppose to get alcohol? Is there a wormhole I’m not aware of that teleports bottles from the store directly to the house? Or do we still have to buy from the store, throw it on the back seat and drive home like LITERALLY everyone else?

Again, cop didn’t charge him with a DUI or DWI, so he wasn’t driving under the influence. He got a speeding ticket on I-90. When DONT they have someone pulled over on that interstate?

Did he get ticketed for the weed, or just speeding?

The way y’all talking about this particular incident, one would think he ran from the cops resisting arrest or something.

Oh, that’s right. That prestigious award goes to our #1 overall draft pick.

Don’t start applying purity test now. Keep that same energy across the board. Cause a lot of people on this board made excuses after excuses for mayfield.

We got a team full of immature players. Oh well.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
And the bottle of vodka.....do you not drink? How else are you suppose to get alcohol? Is there a wormhole I’m not aware of that teleports bottles from the store directly to the house? Or do we still have to buy from the store, throw it on the back seat and drive home like LITERALLY everyone else?

Didn't they say it was an open bottle of vodka? This is what concerns me:

Quote:
"... but ultimately, Hunt admitted to the officer he'd fail an NFL drug test if one were administered to him at the time."

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
From an article on espn, all of the contents were in a backpack.

Which is why I’m looking at this crazy right now. He wasn’t high or drunk when he got pulled over. Wasn’t cited for anything but speeding.

I agree with peen that he’s got to be smarter. But the pushback from me is from posters saying we should cut him.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I think a lot of posters are tired of the charades that go back to the Gordon years, can't say I really blame them.

He's got an OPEN bottle of liquor in the car. Everyone in the world knows that's a no-no, I'm sure it's beaten into your head tenfold if your in a professional sports league.

He's also got weed and is speeding. Not really that hard to connect the dots bro. Stupid, stupid, stupid... and has ZERO to do with Mayfield. wink

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
V
Legend
Legend
V

Legend
Legend
Only bring up mayfield from the standpoint of how people will look the other way for one player, then metaphorically lynch another.

And I’m sick if this too. But if so many people are sick of it since Gordon, then there should’ve been a hell of a lot more pushback when:

We drafted Calloway
Drafted baker
Traded for OBJ
Signed Kareem

And some other things I forgot about because it always seems we got a player in the news for all the wrong reasons.

That’s all I’m saying, fate. Keep that same energy across the board. If we’re gonna have a purity test around here, keep a standard. We got two players with police tapes and a bunch of others who can’t keep their damn mouths shut.

I’m not mad at bake or hunt or OBJ.

I’m mad at Dorsey for bringing them here in the first place. Man, he really did suck.

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
"Take the loss [censored]." Sam Ehrlinger to Kyler Murray...2017,

D
Legend
Legend
D
Its a shame the way some react ... Memph took a shot at me and was giddy at what happened .... all i could think was .... KJ signed him off the streets and Memph thinks it was some big blunder ... *L* ...

Me thinks folks are way over reacting once again .... it seems we may have another 2 cent head but maybe he turns into Tyreek instead of Antonio .... or maybe we’ll have to settle for at least one first rounder for a dude we signed for peanuts off the street ... KJ sure was a bafoon ... rolleyes

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FATE

He's got an OPEN bottle of liquor in the car. Everyone in the world knows that's a no-no, I'm sure it's beaten into your head tenfold if your in a professional sports league.

The cap was on the thing. Have you never brought a previously opened liquor bottle anywhere? To a friends house or the beach to mix a few cocktails for friends?

I have never heard that qualified as open container. Seems like an absolutely ridiculous part of that law. Turns out I’ve broken it multiple times. So has my mother, father, probably wife (bringing the bottle to me at the yacht club, she rarely drinks). Friends and so on.

I bet the vast majority of America has no clue that transporting a previously opened bottle of liquor is illegal.

It’s not like hunt was intoxicated. At the very least let’s see what happens before just letting him go. He’s one of the few bright spots from last season. Everything he did on the field was 100 percent effort, which on last years squad stood out

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
I'm actually surprised you never heard of open container laws. Always been that way.

Just recently, Ohio made it legal to take your opened bottle of wine home from restaurant. It must be re-corked, taped and placed in the trunk of the vehicle. Liquor, ehhh, that would be a hard "no".

Legend
Legend
i swear our country has some of the dumbest laws ever.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E

Why should we care?

Mainly this. Overreaction crew in full force. Who cares if he got a speeding ticket.

No Craps Given
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Part of the story the NFL will look into is Hunt telling the officer that he would not pass a drug test at that point in time.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Now do the one where Baker Mayfield kicked a woman and got suspended for eight games.

If this was Hunt's first incident I would have no problem. It was not his first incident.

Legend
Legend
I just moved to STL, in one of the few states where open container is allowed. Everyone except the driver can drink freely. Hell, the underage law is so vague, especially since it allows parental permission, that juveniles practically have to caught in possession, while intoxicated, for anything to stick.

Strangely, MO has had a 66% reduction in DUI related fatalities since 2000.

I have this strange fantasy that the world will figure out the effects of prohibition before I die, just so I can say "told you so".

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
Part of the story the NFL will look into is Hunt telling the officer that he would not pass a drug test at that point in time.

Yep. But this is actually where I have the biggest beef. Regardless of Hunt's utter stupidity.

How is it okay for someone to be free of any charges at a criminal level but then thrown to the wolves in the court of public opinion?

Should someone possibly lose their occupation and livelihood, risk fines and future employment... When an officer had already determined that the pettiness deserved no criminal repercussion?

I'm not blaming the officer, because I don't think the video release is on him, nor that he intended any harm in his "off the record" style discussion, but the result is some straight-up BS. There were exchanges like, "you have my word" that preceded a candid discussion after he informed Hill of the charges... and then Hunt admitting that he had been using marijuana "in the off-season".

Isn't someone's privacy being impinged on here?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If we don't resign him I'm OK with that.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Looks like most have forgotten about Chubb's history concerning injuries...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: mac
Looks like most have forgotten about Chubb's history concerning injuries...

People have mentioned this before, but I've only seen one major injury back in 2015.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/nick-chubb/9980

If there are others, I'm happy to be corrected.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
What bothers me the most about this incident is hearing Hunt talk while in the cruiser. He doesn't sound like a 24 year old man. He sounds like a weak minded teen. What sets him off??? It's not a loved one who died, it's not a spouse leaving him, or cheating on him. It's not a sick kid, it's not poverty, it's not him finding out he is sick (ALS, cancer, MS, heart attack, etc, etc, etc) It's him being upset because he won't be playing in the Super Bowl.

I hope the kid gets the help he needs, because he sounds like he is ready to crash and burn frown

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
B
Legend
Legend
B
From an article on espn, all of the contents were in a backpack.

Which is why I’m looking at this crazy right now. He wasn’t high or drunk when he got pulled over. Wasn’t cited for anything but speeding.

I agree with peen that he’s got to be smarter. But the pushback from me is from posters saying we should cut him.

Like I said, I wouldn't cut him, it's a bump in the road. However, people on second chances can't keep hitting bumps in the road. Each bump makes it harder and harder to trust the person.

I might even use this scare as a way to get him signed to a 3 year deal. A deal well below what he could have been making, but one he might just take.

Give him a moderate signing bonus up front...he may need the money. Then structure things so he gets a season ending bonus to be paid after the final game, regular season or playoff. He gets the money if he has stayed out of trouble.

That way he has incentive to not be a egghead and we have protection if he does something stupid.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
If you consider the options for Hunt, in my opinion the best case scenario is to tender him and hope someone signs him. We are never going to sign him to a long term contract. Those who hope for this are being unrealistic.

I don't believe Hunt will be here past next season. A draft pick is of much better value to us than Hunt. If no one signs the tendered Hunt, we could still see a draft pick via compensatory picks after next season.

I would be shocked if we don't tender him. And I would be shocked if a plethora of fans don't get upset when we don't re-sign him.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I think we could sign him, but agree that if we don't, the moneyballers heads will explode. They will see that as proof we are ripping it up again.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum An Offseason Consideration- What To Do With Kareem Hunt?

Link Copied to Clipboard