Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Good post. I agree w/your take on this. I am not blaming Berry for allowing Joe to test the market. Joe's agent might be asking for too much money. Berry might eventually sign him. Maybe they don't think Joe is very good. We just don't know.

My contention is all of those things were also true when Dorsey was here, yet he was criticized a lot more than Berry has been.

At the end of the day, I hope the Browns keep Joe because I think he is a good player. But, as you said.......we really don't know the particulars of the situation.

I truly feel it is a good strategy by the FO. They let Joe look around, let the market set his price, then come back with an offer. If they do it having discussed it with his team, and illustrated it with their desire to have him on the Browns, it’s a totally transparent situation, and Joe will be the one to decide, as it should be.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
There is absolutely no way to know that.

Berry is 32 years old. A kid.

A testament to his success. Being good isn't reserved for the aged.

But yes, we will see.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
I can prove some of the things I said, too.

The difference is that not one person said a word to you. I didn't yell at you. I didn't cuss at you. I proposed an alternative scenario and said that neither of our points can't be confirmed by a link.

So, what happens? Hamfist freaks out w/an angry outburst. cfrs jumps in and it's on.

This type of thing happens far too frequently on this board. Some things are said over and over and no one challenges those opinions and they become "fact," while other opinions are assaulted because they don't fall in line w/others.

I am not trying to stop you from voicing your opinion. I am offering an opposing opinion that also has some factual evidence. But, in the end.....we are giving on our opinion on a public message board.

It would be preferable if people could voice their opinions freely on here w/out all of the assaults.

I don't disagree. I didn't insult you. I try not to get snarky, especially if I hold the person in high esteem as I do, you even when we disagree. I only bark at you and several others only on rare occasions. Even brothers get in to fights now and then. All's good here. You don't have to question my motives towards you.

I will say this though, you need to let a little more just bounce off. Even back in the Couch days I didn't call people names....well, other than players. Timid Couch and Chump Thompson are a couple that come to mind.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Hamfist
This is absolute [censored] and you have ZERO proof of it. You, who loves to pontificate about using facts.

And neither does anyone else spreading their special brand of BS.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
my bad didnt see the Draft Message Board

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Pardon me for posting on this message board...

Consider it done.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Pardon me for posting on this message board...

Consider it done.

::looks at a set of thumb screws::

We don't believe in pardons here..

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Dorsey put together a top notch team in KC, yet KC decided to part ways. Why was that?

Everyone who has paid attention pretty much already knows the answer to this. There was a power struggle between Andy Reid and Dorsey. Since Dorsey had already built a great team for Reid to coach, ownership decided to stick with Reid. When the HC tries to make a power play on the GM something has to give.

Since you have been so hell bent on using this as one of your claims Dorsey doesn't work well with others I thought a little clarity might help. But I doubt it.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Hamfist
My issue is the VERBIAGE you use. “Cowardly”, as an example. You make a point then have to disparage a person you don’t know, or have ever met. I double dog dare you to say this kind of thing to a guys face.

rofl rolleyesdevil

#keyboardcommando

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

But yes, we will see.

Or it could just be another bad hire by Haslam who has a very long list of those on his resume'. As you said, we'll see.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
I hope the Browns wouldn't be dumb enough to trade OBJ.

I think there was an issue between Hollywood Higgins and the coaching staff last year. Perhaps things will be better w/the new coaching staff.

Personally, I don't think the 3rd WR is all that important for the Browns because they have the best 1-2 combination on the entire league. [Thanks John Dorsey.] I think most guys will do well as the 3rd WR because the first two guys draw so much attention.

I have to disagree on part of your post bro. IMO the 3rd, 4th, and 5th receivers are all very important. What happens when we have injuries at WR. OBJ has been hurt a lot the last few years. Right now we will have a HUGE drop off if either OBJ or Landry gets hurt again. (Which with our luck will happen to both of them.) Right now that would make our starters Hodge, and either Ratley or Taylor. That's a scary thought for me.

Good points. I agree.

V
Legend
Legend
V
peen, I know you didn't insult me or get snarky. I wasn't referring to you w/my earlier posts. I did disagree w/your opinion and tried to manipulate language to match your tone, and I don't have any sort of a problem w/us disagreeing.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
I hope the Browns wouldn't be dumb enough to trade OBJ.

I think there was an issue between Hollywood Higgins and the coaching staff last year. Perhaps things will be better w/the new coaching staff.

Personally, I don't think the 3rd WR is all that important for the Browns because they have the best 1-2 combination on the entire league. [Thanks John Dorsey.] I think most guys will do well as the 3rd WR because the first two guys draw so much attention.

I have to disagree on part of your post bro. IMO the 3rd, 4th, and 5th receivers are all very important. What happens when we have injuries at WR. OBJ has been hurt a lot the last few years. Right now we will have a HUGE drop off if either OBJ or Landry gets hurt again. (Which with our luck will happen to both of them.) Right now that would make our starters Hodge, and either Ratley or Taylor. That's a scary thought for me.

Good points. I agree.

I'd like to see Higgins re-signed.

I believe Higgins is a player on the rise. The Browns drafted him, invested in him, developed him, and he has made plays when given the chance. Having familiarity and chemistry with the team and QB has to count for something.

Let's stop letting good players walk away. I get the financial aspect. But at some point, we need get creative to keep good players. Good players, not just pro bowl caliber or HOF caliber players, are important too.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I like Higgins but let's but let's male it clear what he is and what he isn't. He's JAG.

In his best season he had 572 receiving yards and 4td's. That's not terrible or anything. But it's not like there aren't a lot of guys out there that have done that.

The good part is that he's still on his rookie contract so he is very reasonably priced for a fairly productive guy.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Dorsey put together a top notch team in KC, yet KC decided to part ways. Why was that?

Everyone who has paid attention pretty much already knows the answer to this. There was a power struggle between Andy Reid and Dorsey. Since Dorsey had already built a great team for Reid to coach, ownership decided to stick with Reid. When the HC tries to make a power play on the GM something has to give.

Since you have been so hell bent on using this as one of your claims Dorsey doesn't work well with others I thought a little clarity might help. But I doubt it.

Clearly Reid had more input/influence....

Poor Dorsey just can't catch a break can he?? naughtydevil

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Once you've already built the team, the HC is more important.

I think he caught a wonderful break. Getting fired by Haslam is a good look on any resume'.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Im done playin football! I just wanna be an announcer now

https://twitter.com/obj/status/1233833537159208960

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

But yes, we will see.

Or it could just be another bad hire by Haslam who has a very long list of those on his resume'. As you said, we'll see.

You're finally admitting that Dorsey was a bad hire? poke

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Haslam has no clue what he's doing. The fact that he fired you is a better indicator than the fact he hired you. I mean unless you can't even get a job in the NFL anymore and had to move on to something else. wink

#gmstrong
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Lot easier on the knees.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Im done playin football! I just wanna be an announcer now

https://twitter.com/obj/status/1233833537159208960

i would too.

i mean damn OBJ's contract is nice, but Romo just got 17 mill a year to call the games! man oh man thats a pay day!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Haslam has no clue what he's doing. The fact that he fired you is a better indicator than the fact he hired you. I mean unless you can't even get a job in the NFL anymore and had to move on to something else. wink

Are we talking about Dorsey still?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
A
Legend
Legend
A
I don't mind Romo calling a game. My wife can't stand him though.

Legend
Legend
i've been noticing that Romo is a hit or miss depending on who you ask. whats the flaw in his calls for her?

i like romo, but sometimes i hate how he damn near calls the play before it happens. i mean...thats what makes him great to begin with but its annoying sometimes.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
Wife just can't stand his voice. And insight. I like his insight, and I think it's great that he, as what I would call an average q.b., can offer that insight.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Wife just can't stand his voice. And insight. I like his insight, and I think it's great that he, as what I would call an average q.b., can offer that insight.

I'd take Romo over Chris Collinsworth ANY day

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Does being unemployed but not yet looking outside the NFL count as being in demand? Asking for a friend

-Jack Burton

P
Legend
Legend
P
Being paid millions for staying home waiting for the perfect opportunity is the smart thing to do as of now. Tell your friend.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Being paid millions for staying home waiting for the perfect opportunity is the smart thing to do as of now. Tell your friend.

Indeed.

-Jack Burton

R
Legend
Legend
R

I can't stand him either.

Sounds like a high school kid at a high school dance.

"I think he's going to ask her out...oohhh, he's inching closer...he should really go in for a kiss here...oohhh I don't know...the other guy is playing back seeing if he's going to make a move...oohhh...ahhh...ohhhh...I don't know...I don't know..."

Crikey, it's just about the worst.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
i mean damn OBJ's contract is nice, but Romo just got 17 mill a year to call the games! man oh man thats a pay day!

I heard a quote the other day that said something like: Tony Romo is getting paid more to talk about Dak Prescott playing the game than Dak is for playing the game.

I like Romo, though. I love his intelligence and insight. His voice isn't very good and his delivery is very unpolished. However, he has a nice sense of humor and he gives us a great perspective in regards to strategy. I enjoy the strategy of football.

Legend
Legend

I can't stand him either.

Sounds like a high school kid at a high school dance.

"I think he's going to ask her out...oohhh, he's inching closer...he should really go in for a kiss here...oohhh I don't know...the other guy is playing back seeing if he's going to make a move...oohhh...ahhh...ohhhh...I don't know...I don't know..."

Crikey, it's just about the worst.

That's exactly what he sounds like... especially during video reviews.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
B
Legend
Legend
B

So he couldn't work well with the head coach.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

So he couldn't work well with the head coach.

Or, Andy Reid does not play well when he isn't the man in charge, making football decisions....

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
D
Legend
Legend
D
I like Higgins but let's but let's male it clear what he is and what he isn't. He's JAG.

In his best season he had 572 receiving yards and 4td's. That's not terrible or anything. But it's not like there aren't a lot of guys out there that have done that.

The good part is that he's still on his rookie contract so he is very reasonably priced for a fairly productive guy.

I slightly disagree ... he’s a high end JAG ... he’s way overrated on here for the most part ... but he is what i consider a high end JAG for two reasons ....

1. He has height ...
2. He catches EVERYTHING ...A trait i personally value very much ..

D
Legend
Legend
D
Andy Reid won a power struggle in Phili when he went against Banner ...

Andy Reid lost a power struggle to Howie in Phili ....

Andy Reid won a power struggle vs KJ in KC ...

Don’t forget the 2nd half of one of the equations ...

Who knows what happened here .... HUE didn’t get along with the analytics crew either ... As for KJ ... some want to make him out to have done very little to nothing here ... just shows their ignorance on that subject IMO ... its “cool” to trash KJ right now ..

About the only improvement i see as of right now with this bunch ... all 3 levels are on the same page .... Kev is one of them ....

Thats good but is WAY OVERRATED on how well they’ll do ... getting along helps but its not even close to the be all end all .... how much talent Andy can bring along with who Bake really is will determine how good we’ll be moving forward ...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mac
If Haslam and Depodesta wanted Joe signed, they would insisted that he would be signed...end of story.

And if they did that, Berry is nothing more than a figure head... d

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
In the end, I supposed it doesn't matter. It's an argument that just goes round and round.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

About the only improvement i see as of right now with this bunch ... all 3 levels are on the same page .... Kev is one of them ....

Thats good but is WAY OVERRATED on how well they’ll do ... getting along helps but its not even close to the be all end all ....

The last time we heard that was when Shanny asked out of Cleveland. He was said to be a "me" person and team would be so much better off w/out him because they would all be working together.

Well, they only won 3 games the next year which was down from 7. Teams came out and said things about not wanting to trade w/them because there were too many chefs in the kitchen. Deals would be in place and then they weren't. Sashi went to Haslam w/his plan and Farmer was gone. The new FO and coaching staff got to the point where they weren't even talking to one another.

Kum ba yah!

PS: I am not predicting that history will repeat itself. I am simply reiterating your point that the "working together" thing is overrated.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
if Haslam cared about winning, he would have hired Saleh not Stefanski.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns GM Andrew Berry will listen to trade offers for Odell Beckham Jr. and others

Link Copied to Clipboard