Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for answering, bro. Some of your answers seem a bit defensive. I get that you like the guy and I have no problem w/that. Some things just don't add up.

I remember when you and I went at it about Farmer and company vs Shanny. You reported what you heard. I never denied that and I am not not denying that you are telling the truth now. I believe you. However, I remember telling you that those things were not automatically true just because those guys told you things. History backs up my point. Shanny is doing fine. Farmer is not doing fine in the NFL.

Btw...........Depo's annual salary is $2 million per year according to reports. It's not hard to find. For a guy who lives in SD and apparently has no say in football decisions, I'd say that is a gig I would love to have. The words "con artist" come to mind. I'd take that $2 million and use it to sweeten the offer to keep a player like Schobert. But, that's just me.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Maybe he's more than just a silly baseball guy and is actually a person of importance in the field of applied analytics and makes spot appearances?

I think we have had some decent conversations lately. I'm trying. But, I have never said anything closely resembling what you just said.

I really despise when folks misquote me and try and act like I am being unreasonable based on the misquote. I stopped speaking to several posters because they consistently resorted to such low-level tactics.

I have no problem w/you disagreeing w/my opinions and stating your own. But please..........debate fairly.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Prove it ... easy peasy ...

before KJ was fired the thief came out and said depo and i agree we should hire a coach and allow him to be involved in the HC hire to make sure they get along .... that was one of the priorities on the GM hire ...

That was before KJ was tossed ...

Your good at math ... and this is real easy math ... u have to be in denial to not see how that adds up ... cant help u there my friend ...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Prove it ... easy peasy ...

before KJ was fired the thief came out and said depo and i agree we should hire a coach and allow him to be involved in the HC hire to make sure they get along .... that was one of the priorities on the GM hire ...

That was before KJ was tossed ...

Your good at math ... and this is real easy math ... u have to be in denial to not see how that adds up ... cant help u there my friend ...

Dorsey was fired, agreed to mutually part ways, stepped down or whatever term people want to use. He was offered a reduced role that was obvious he would not accept. It was a professional courtesy to not use the term "fired."

But to your timeline claim that Haslam and DePo announced the HC would have input on the GM hire is inaccurate.

Dorsey officially "parted ways" with the Browns on 12/31/19.

The comment you reference of the HC having input on the GM hire was made directly by Haslam during his press conference on 1/2/20 after Dorsey was no longer with the Browns. DePo was not involved in that press conference.

Side note, none of this really matters anymore.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Not sure why you are hung up on where Depo lives? What does it matter? He provides information. He can do that from the office next door or from across the country just as quickly. A keystroke away.

Heck, the fact he is away from the complex a good amount of the time should tell you he isn't involved in day to day operations.

Here is the data on this player. The data says he is a + player. Now you guys sort it out and decide if you want him or not.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:
He has the thief’s ear

So do a lot of people, and if an owner doesn't listen to his CSO he is even dumber than you think he is.

Quote:
he was a part of the reason KJ got fired

So was climate change notallthere

Quote:
is he in the war room making picks .. nope ... but he will be in the war room ... WHY?

I got in the war room one year. Does that mean I run the Browns notallthere

Quote:
gm ... I’ll quit when u do bro

I got all year fingerscrossed

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Thanks for answering, bro. Some of your answers seem a bit defensive. I get that you like the guy and I have no problem w/that. Some things just don't add up.

Nope not defensive bro. Just speaking the truth and some folks don't want to hear it. I don't like nor dislike Depo like I said just speaking/typing the truth.

As far as Farmer, I did hear a lot of praise for him when he was hired. I also admitted that he sucked as a GM. Shanny was and still is a ME, ME, ME guy just like I said he was. I never said he was a bad Coach just that he places himself above the team.

Quote:
Btw...........Depo's annual salary is $2 million per year according to reports. It's not hard to find. For a guy who lives in SD and apparently has no say in football decisions, I'd say that is a gig I would love to have. The words "con artist" come to mind. I'd take that $2 million and use it to sweeten the offer to keep a player like Schobert. But, that's just me.

How can you call him a con artist when you don't know what he does brownie

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:
How can you call him a con artist when you don't know what he does

Depo is what his record says he is...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

How can you call him a con artist when you don't know what he does brownie

I think a lot of people base their opinion on what he does on Jonah Hill's dramatization of him after watching Moneyball on DVD. Some of them probably think he is Jonah Hill. They don't realize that a movie about what he really does wouldn't have been particularly entertaining to the movie viewing public.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
0-0

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
0-0

gm...nice try...you wish you could say depo was just hired..but he has a 4 yr record in the NFL and he has a 20yr record in baseball..and none of those records equal 0-0

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: mac
Quote:
How can you call him a con artist when you don't know what he does

Depo is what his record says he is...

That isn't true. He doesn't have a record. He doesn't coach nor does he pick players.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
0-0

gm...nice try...you wish you could say depo was just hired..but he has a 4 yr record in the NFL and he has a 20yr record in baseball..and none of those records equal 0-0

What mac is trying to say is that everything is clearly his fault. mac is a 95–224–1 fan since the return. He is what his record says he is.

I guess that means it's all of our fault. We're all 95–224–1 fans. Shame on us.

Fiercely Independent.
C
Legend
Legend
C
and he has a 20yr record in baseball

What's the record for being on the forefront of completely revolutionizing an entire sport?

Legend
Legend
0-0

No I don't want to say he was just hired. I want to tell the truth and say he has never been in charge and is not responsible for our record on the field. You however as I pointed out the other day should be starting your posts with "once upon a time" as you want to make believe the Browns are a fairy tail, and Depo is the wicked step mother. notallthere

P
Legend
Legend
P
Just a quick question.....

He's been here for going on his third HC and third FO now. So are you trying to say that all of those people wanted Depo to be running the analytics? Sounds like at least two of these FO's were given a forced marriage with Depo. Oh that's right, his buddies and his hand picked HC are in place now. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Just a quick answer

Every damn team in the NFL uses analytics. Sounds like you and your buddies think all NFL teams are wrong.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Just a quick answer

Every damn team in the NFL uses analytics. Sounds like you and your buddies think all NFL teams are wrong.

Yes but the other analytics departments don't pick the HC and GM. Nor do they draft the players. Nor do they call plays on Sunday.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
No other team in the NFL operates under the guidance of an analytics dude..the guy who does the hiring and firing..the analytics dude..the guy who is at least "partially responsible" for the Browns worst 2 seasons in Browns history..yet everyone else pays for depo's experiment with their jobs while depo remains, coddled by Jimmy Haslam.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
0-0

No I don't want to say he was just hired. I want to tell the truth and say he has never been in charge and is not responsible for our record on the field. You however as I pointed out the other day should be starting your posts with "once upon a time" as you want to make believe the Browns are a fairy tail, and Depo is the wicked step mother. notallthere

Who introduced his "MONEYBALL SCHEME" to the Browns 4yrs ago?

C
Legend
Legend
C
0-0

Trick question. No one.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
I think it's about time that Depo is held to same standard that others have been held to...in other words, Depo's job should be on the line if he can't get the Browns into the playoff hunt this season.

This will be Depo's 5 yr of playing Moneyball with the Browns...it is about time that he produce something...as the title of the thread hints.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I think it's about time that Depo is held to same standard that others have been held to...in other words, Depo's job should be on the line if he can't get the Browns into the playoff hunt this season.

This will be Depo's 5 yr of playing Moneyball with the Browns...it is about time that he produce something...as the title of the thread hints.

If this is Depo's fifth year in charge that means he gets credit for all the decisions Dorsey made instead of Dorsey, right?

Great job drafting Ward and Chubb Depo!

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

If this is Depo's fifth year in charge that means he gets credit for all the decisions Dorsey made instead of Dorsey, right?

cf...who was in charge of the MONEYBALL SCHEME all 5 yrs.

If anything, Dorsey gave Depo a platform to improve upon, rather than depo trying to build off of his 1-31 platform.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

cf...who was in charge of the MONEYBALL SCHEME all 5 yrs.

If anything, Dorsey gave Depo a platform to improve upon, rather than depo trying to build off of his 1-31 platform.

Like I said, great job in the 2018 draft. Ward and Chubb were obviously Depo picks. Austin Corbett, Chad Thomas, Antonio Callaway, and Genard Avery were all obviously Dorsey picks. If Baker ends up being good he's obviously a Depo pick, if not Dorsey.

Also, great job in the 2018 off-season acquiring Jarvis Landry and Damarious Randall Depo! A stroke of genius!

Legend
Legend
No other team in the NFL operates under the guidance of an analytics dude..the guy who does the hiring and firing..the analytics dude..the guy who is at least "partially responsible" for the Browns worst 2 seasons in Browns history..yet everyone else pays for depo's experiment with their jobs while depo remains, coddled by Jimmy Haslam.

As usual you forgot to start with "once upon a time" because your living in a fairy tale world, making fairy tale posts. notallthere

Legend
Legend
0-0

Nobody except for that second voice inside your head. rolleyes

Legend
Legend

I think you have gone off the deep end bro frown

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Now, my head hurts even worse. LOL

Legend
Legend
cover your ears and eyes it's going to get worse lol

B
Legend
Legend
B

Ok, then he needs to be able to make picks. He doesn't do that now. He needs to hire people. He doesn't do that now. At least people outside of his department.

It's obvious you don't get it.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Depo is a shorten form of DESPERATE
As In Haslam is so desperate to win he will
Try just about anyone at GM

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper

I thought it was short for dependable. As in he was right so many times Jimmy's finally decided to listen to him.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

I thought it was short for dependable. As in he was right so many times Jimmy's finally decided to listen to him.

It's short for deposition. That's what he'll have to submit to the courts after Jimmah gets busted paying the "techboys" to hack the opponents intel systems. He'll blame it all on depo and get off scot-free. The depo era will end amidst much damage and a renewed shame.

It's mac's world, I'm just living in it.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: FATE
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

It's short for deposition. That's what he'll have to submit to the courts after Jimmah gets busted paying the "techboys" to hack the opponents intel systems. He'll blame it all on depo and get off scot-free. The depo era will end amidst much damage and a renewed shame.

It's mac's world, I'm just living in it.

I thought it was short for Despondent, our fan base in general.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
F
Legend
Legend
F
jc

You guys such at abbreviations. smile

At least fate used the correct letters. tongue

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think it's short for Depo-Provera. In this case, it's a contraceptive designed to prevent winning.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think it's short for Depo-Provera. In this case, it's a contraceptive designed to prevent winning.

LOL

Now that was a great post.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Well, pregnant football players wouldn't be much good on the field. Hopefully Jimmy uses him more and stops catching (hiring) STDs (Stupid Tough Dudes.)

Contraceptives only work if you use them. They don't do much good if you leave them in the drawer.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Haslem has no need of contraceptives ....... he just aborts everything.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum ...Depodesta inherits a 2018/19 team averaging 6.5 wins per year, the 2020 goal, THE PLAYOFFS!

Link Copied to Clipboard