Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You haven't looked at the deaths in veteran homes and nursing homes have you?

Of course I doubt that's exactly what he said. But the effects of wasting almost two months of preparation time certainly impacted the death count. Whether by design, stubbornness or stupidity.

I have looked into the deaths at nursing homes, have you? I mean beyond the stupid statistics you find on Facebook?

Perhaps more specifically, have you seen this little tidbit that I'm sure is somehow Trumps fault?

Coronavirus spreads in a New York nursing home forced to take recovering patients

NBC News
April 25, 2020, 5:00 AM EDT
By Suzy Khimm

The coronavirus patients began arriving the last week of March, transferred to the Gurwin Jewish Nursing and Rehabilitation Center under a New York state mandate requiring nursing homes to accept those recovering from COVID-19, even if they still might be contagious.

At the time, the Long Island nursing home had only one known resident who had contracted the virus, according to the facility’s president and CEO, Stuart Almer.

A month later, Gurwin is battling an outbreak that’s killed 24 residents — only three of whom were hospital transfers — and one staff member, who worked in housekeeping, Almer said. And the nursing home is still mandated to take in recovering hospital patients known to have the virus, potentially increasing its spread in the facility.

and it goes on.

That's extremely reckless at best, criminal at worst..

All I've ever asked for Pit is just a little intellectual honesty. I'm more than prepared to address the fact that Trump has screwed up on any number of occassions during this virus... all I need is some intellectually honest people who are willing to discuss them in context with the screw ups by the WHO, the CDC, the lying Chinese who owns the WHO, the governors, the mayors, the media's crappy reporting.. and EVERYBODY else who has also screwed up..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You haven't looked at the deaths in veteran homes and nursing homes have you?

Of course I doubt that's exactly what he said. But the effects of wasting almost two months of preparation time certainly impacted the death count. Whether by design, stubbornness or stupidity.

I have looked into the deaths at nursing homes, have you? I mean beyond the stupid statistics you find on Facebook?

Perhaps more specifically, have you seen this little tidbit that I'm sure is somehow Trumps fault?

Coronavirus spreads in a New York nursing home forced to take recovering patients

NBC News
April 25, 2020, 5:00 AM EDT
By Suzy Khimm

The coronavirus patients began arriving the last week of March, transferred to the Gurwin Jewish Nursing and Rehabilitation Center under a New York state mandate requiring nursing homes to accept those recovering from COVID-19, even if they still might be contagious.

At the time, the Long Island nursing home had only one known resident who had contracted the virus, according to the facility’s president and CEO, Stuart Almer.

A month later, Gurwin is battling an outbreak that’s killed 24 residents — only three of whom were hospital transfers — and one staff member, who worked in housekeeping, Almer said. And the nursing home is still mandated to take in recovering hospital patients known to have the virus, potentially increasing its spread in the facility.

and it goes on.

That's extremely reckless at best, criminal at worst..

All I've ever asked for Pit is just a little intellectual honesty. I'm more than prepared to address the fact that Trump has screwed up on any number of occassions during this virus... all I need is some intellectually honest people who are willing to discuss them in context with the screw ups by the WHO, the CDC, the lying Chinese who owns the WHO, the governors, the mayors, the media's crappy reporting.. and EVERYBODY else who has also screwed up..

No you aren’t willing or prepared to address that trump screws up on just about everything he says or does. All you can do is project his every flaw onto others..like the CDC the WHO and anyone else who doesn’t support his BS. Pffft trump.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Man, you are getting more and more protective of the Liar and Chief aren't you.

Face it, Trump is awful,, He's not honest, he lies and blames everyone else.. he can't accept responsibility for anything..

But hey, if you wanna defend him, do so. wouldn't stop you if I could...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
So no ... no, you're not going to get any intellectual honesty.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Well oddly I agree with you on a lot of this. I don't blame Trump for 100% of his mistakes because there were others involved. I do blame him for his initially slow response and his overall stupidity.

I'm not sure about anything the right is so up in arms with the WHO over, and I think asking for intellectual honesty then prefacing it with a rant about republican talking points, most of which are overblown if not completely fictitious cover for a weak GOPer POTUS, is a bit counterproductive. So I doubt anyone takes this offer seriously.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Face it, Trump is awful,, He's not honest, he lies and blames everyone else.. he can't accept responsibility for anything..

He called Trump a lying POS. I wouldn't call that defending him. You on the other hand will defend every liberal argument, issue or candidate that comes down the pike while claiming you're not a liberal. I've never seen the left side of an argument you won't defend.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
J
Legend
Legend
J
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

He called Trump a lying POS. I wouldn't call that defending him. You on the other hand will defend every liberal argument, issue or candidate that comes down the pike while claiming you're not a liberal. I've never seen the left side of an argument you won't defend.

He is still undecided about whether he’s voting for Obama or not.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If you're asking if Governors of both parties botched this entire situation, I would certainly agree. But let's face it, making a statement like "China owns the WHO" doesn't fall under the category of "intellectual honesty".

But the fact it was left to the governors to handle in the first place is a huge part of the problem. There's been no "national plan". FEMA is for national emergencies. Trump called a national emergency. Then it was "every state for yourself".

We had states bidding against each other and the federal government for the same products. that drove the costs through the roof.

The Defense Production Act should have been implemented much earlier and PPE's produced long before they were. National emergencies are just that, national.

It's odd how many of the same people that have stood for accountability at the top now wish to ignore that and point fingers in 50 different directions.

Before ‘Tidal Wave’ Of Illness, Nursing Home Thought It Had COVID-19 Contained

More than 20 patients have died. Dozens more are still hospitalized. And residents who had already been sent back to a nursing home in Gallatin, Tennessee, have turned up with new cases of COVID-19.

An investigation finds that the facility downplayed the outbreak to first responders on 911 calls in late March. But the nursing home administrator told WPLN News that the coronavirus was unstoppable in Tennessee’s largest outbreak yet.

Dawn Cochran, the administrator of the Gallatin Center for Rehabilitation and Healing, said department heads were summoned to a Saturday night meeting within 20 minutes of learning a staff member had tested positive for the coronavirus. And all employees were notified on March 21, a full week before a mass evacuation began.

But COVID-19 was not a concern expressed in multiple 911 calls made on behalf of patients being sent to the hospital with trouble breathing in the days following that staffer’s positive test, WPLN News learned through recordings obtained from an open-records request.

Nursing homes are quickly becoming the deadliest battleground in this pandemic, with more than 3,600 deaths, according to the Associated Press. Nearly every resident is in poor health already, and, even under normal circumstances, infection control is difficult with so many older adults living in tight quarters. Most states are tracking only overall death counts at nursing homes, not individual outbreaks, according to the AP, which is relying on state health departments and press accounts to keep tabs on the scope of the problem.

First Responders Not Informed Of Cases

As the Gallatin Center found residents needing more care than it could provide to help with breathing, it began to call 911 to transport patients to the hospital, recorded calls show.

“Do you know if she’s been in contact with someone who tested positive for the coronavirus?” the dispatcher asked on March 25.

“No,” the nurse responded, after a pause.

Staffers did not warn 911 dispatchers, who asked specific screening questions so first responders could take precautions and wear protective gear.

Another patient needed to go to the hospital the next day, March 26, after several employees had already tested positive and multiple patients were being tested.

“Do you know if she’s been around anybody who has traveled to the airport or on an airplane or been confirmed with coronavirus?”

“No,” the caller said, cutting off the question.

And on March 27, just hours before a mass evacuation would begin, another patient was short of breath and unconscious.

“Do you know if he’s been in contact with someone who tested positive for the coronavirus?” the dispatcher asked.

“We don’t know. We have no clue,” the caller said.

That weekend, every patient and staff member would be tested. Nearly 100 residents had positive tests along with 33 staff members, most of whom had no symptoms. As of Friday, the Gallatin Center outbreak remained the largest in Tennessee, with at least 20 of the state’s 142 deaths.
A Deadly Front In The War On Coronavirus

The guidance from federal regulators changes by the week, but the nursing home with the country’s first deadly outbreak, in Washington state, was faulted by regulators for not moving rapidly enough to identify and manage ill residents.

In Gallatin, federal surveyors told WPLN News they have completed their review but won’t release their list of deficiencies until later this month. Patient families expect flaws to be identified.

“I think a lot of it could have been prevented,” said Tammy Howell. Her mother lives at the Gallatin nursing home and spent three weeks at the nearby Sumner Regional Medical Center, which took nearly all the COVID-19-positive patients. She had to test negative twice before returning to the nursing home.

Howell and other family members said the nursing home dismissed ailments that turned out to be COVID-19.

“Don’t tell me that you’ve got a couple of cases and tell me my mom doesn’t, and she has some of the symptoms, just because you want to cover your butt,” she said.

Howell said the hospital gave her more information than the nursing home ever did.

The home has already been put on notice that some families intend to file lawsuits. They accuse the facility of making nurses work even though they weren’t feeling well and failing to make everyone wear masks and gloves.

Local officials have been displeased with the response, as well.

“We were being told at first that basically they had this situation under control,” Sumner County Mayor Anthony Holt said. “And it wasn’t under control. It was completely out of control.”

Holt said the nursing home continued to ignore the advice of local officials who wanted patients to stay in area hospitals longer. Those who tested negative had been transported to neighboring counties so Sumner Regional hospital could focus on the patients who tested positive for COVID-19.

After everyone was moved out of the nursing home and it was deep-cleaned, the nursing home started moving people back immediately — which was the plan, endorsed by state regulators, all along. But Sumner County emergency management chief Greg Miller doubted the Gallatin Center had enough nurses who hadn’t been exposed.

“We thought they were rushing the decision to move them back in,” he said. “We just weren’t getting many answers.”

In the following days, after supposedly negative residents were moved back to Gallatin Center, at least three more residents fell ill and were moved to the hospital. On those 911 calls, though, staffers were more direct with dispatchers.

“Have you obviously been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for the coronavirus?” one asked a caller from the nursing home on April 6.

“Oh yeah, everybody here has,” she said with a laugh. “I’m sorry. I just have to say that and laugh because that’s all I can do.”
‘You Cannot Stop It’

The nursing home’s administrator has also become more open about the experience. In an interview with WPLN News, Dawn Cochran acknowledged she was overrun, even though she didn’t think so at first.

“Once you get one sick patient, it’s a tidal wave. You cannot stop it,” she said in an April 7 interview.

Cochran said she was doing everything the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services recommended, often ahead of schedule, like screening employees for symptoms.

In recent years, though, CMS has cited the 200-bed Gallatin nursing home for deficiencies in infection control. They’re minor lapses — people sticking their hands in the community ice machine or poor management of bed linens. But they’ve resulted in below-average ratings.

New Jersey-based Care Rite Centers purchased the nursing home in 2016 and owns nine facilities in the Nashville area.

Cochran has a long career as a nursing home administrator but has been in the Gallatin facility only since early March. She said she could speak only for the time since she took over. As for the 911 calls without disclosing COVID-19 concerns, she said nurses were genuinely confused.

“What appears to be COVID-like symptoms wasn’t in two residents we had tested,” she said. “So we just don’t always know.”

Cochran said she has cooperated with state health officials from the beginning and saw them as a partner in planning the evacuation. Even as they await the federal findings, state officials have said they find the nursing home’s response to be “perfectly adequate.”

“I’m hoping everybody can learn from it,” Cochran said. “But at the same time, I don’t know what we could have done better at the time —  I don’t.”

At least 16 other Tennessee nursing homes also have multiple confirmed cases. Whether those get out of hand will shed light on whether an outbreak is truly inevitable.

https://khn.org/news/before-tidal-wave-o...d-19-contained/

The fact Trump sat on his hands for almost two months meant everyone was not prepared for any of this. The fact there weren't strong federal guidelines in place long before these things took place is the reason many people have died............ everywhere.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Joe Biden calls for more 'economic intercourse' around the world

Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden turned heads Monday night when, in a CBS Miami interview, he suggested the U.S. needs more “economic intercourse around the world.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe-biden-economic-intercourse-around-the-world

Can't make this stuff up. rofl

A
Legend
Legend
A
Wow........no wonder the dnc is trying to hide him in his basement.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Wow........no wonder the dnc is trying to hide him in his basement.

Here's Biden slamming illegal immigration and pushing for a 700 mile wall on the Mexican border. shocked

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Oh look, the beavis and butthead crowd think the word intercourse is only used in the sexual meaning...

INTERCOURSE - communication or dealings between individuals or groups.

https://www.google.com/search?q=intercourse

A
Legend
Legend
A
Dude's out of touch with reality, and has been for quite some time. He's had some 40 years in politics, but he's just now figured out to save the U.S.? (hiding in his basement is a good start though)

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
South of where my wife's family lives there are some crazy tiny towns. They are named the following: Pleasureville, Mount Joy, Lititz, Bareville, Bird-in-Hand, Intercourse and Paradise.

Spoiler: We got married in one of those cities.

Last edited by RocketOptimist; 04/28/20 08:44 PM.
Legend
Legend

Last edited by jfanent; 04/28/20 09:12 PM. Reason: Didn't see the sex objects in the photo I posted

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
So, they are tiny towns - seems condescending - especially coming from a guy that constantly flaunts his small community in Alaska stuff. But then you call them cities?

A
Legend
Legend
A
Like, you need to live in a major city to count??? I wasn't aware of that.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

A
Legend
Legend
A
If someone wants to spit on small communities and make an attempt to degrade them, I will reply.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
South of where my wife's family lives there are some crazy tiny towns. They are named the following: Pleasureville, Mount Joy, Lititz, Bareville, Bird-in-Hand, Intercourse and Paradise.

Spoiler: We got married in one of those cities.

She's from Penn/Dutch territory, isn't she?

"too many notes, not enough music-"
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:
She's from Penn/Dutch territory, isn't she?

Yup.

Wonderful place to visit. Sad we won't be able to head there this summer.

Lots of nice homegrown pride in local establishments in the area. The first summer we got to know each other (2017), her parents made an effort to really show off the area to me. Visited a ton of local restaurants, drank great local craft beer, and showed me around the town. At the end of the summer, my wife mentioned "we never ate out that much that often before you came into the picture..."

I enjoyed it, yet I sure didn't enjoy the pounds I put on...

Also, these:

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
So no ... no, you're not going to get any intellectual honesty.

Lol. Nope not when y’all support a lying numbskull who’s been tested twice and actually thinks we can inject disinfectants to kill the virus. Pffft ...nope. No intellectual honesty to begin with.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Some wonderful food in that area. Our family went through the area while on our vacation to the Poconos one fall and I'll never forget the food and learning about the Amish culture.

How dare you belittle small town Pennsylvania!

rofl

The virus is simply overwhelming some people being shut in. I guess we just have to make allowances for it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
All I know is that "Trump vs Biden" REALLY, REALLY makes me long for the days of Bush vs Gore.

#BringBackDanQuayle

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
All I know is that "Trump vs Biden" REALLY, REALLY makes me long for the days of Bush vs Gore.

#BringBackDanQuayle

We had much better choices but the centrist corporatist establishment didn't support them.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/29/20 05:53 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
#BringBackDanQuayle

#potatoe

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Perhaps Biden will pick his son as VP.

P
Legend
Legend
P
No, he won't give people with no experience important government jobs like Trump did with Ivanka and Jared.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Perhaps Biden will pick his son as VP.

If you can pull him away from his "duties" at that Ukranian oil company.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you're saying he's an essential employee? wink

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
He better be for what they paid him. smile

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'm just going to leave these right here. The election won't even be close. Trump will win in a landslide, might as well not even HAVE the election in November. Him trolling the democrats and the media for their ridiculous behavior never gets old, never. They fall for it every single time too. Many of his jabs could apply to posters on this board, many of them on the left who are socialist.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
I'm just going to leave these right here. The election won't even be close. Trump will win in a landslide, might as well not even HAVE the election in November. Him trolling the democrats and the media for their ridiculous behavior never gets old, never. They fall for it every single time too. Many of his jabs could apply to posters on this board, many of them on the left who are socialist.

He’s a disgusting troll of a human. Period. You can like him. Doesn’t change the facts.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
[quote=tastybrownies]I'm just going to leave these right here. The election won't even be close. Trump will win in a landslide, might as well not even HAVE the election in November. Him trolling the democrats and the media for their ridiculous behavior never gets old, never. They fall for it every single time too. Many of his jabs could apply to posters on this board, many of them on the left who are socialist.

[/quote

He’s a disgusting troll of a human. Period. You can like him. Doesn’t change the facts.

I like him too. Except for this damn virus America has never been stronger. You might as well learn to live with it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Did you mean "die with it"?

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
[quote=tastybrownies]I'm just going to leave these right here. The election won't even be close. Trump will win in a landslide, might as well not even HAVE the election in November. Him trolling the democrats and the media for their ridiculous behavior never gets old, never. They fall for it every single time too. Many of his jabs could apply to posters on this board, many of them on the left who are socialist.

[/quote

I like him too. Except for this damn virus America has never been stronger. You might as well learn to live with it.

If the economy was so strong why did big business need more of OUR tax money handed to them after a bad couple months? Didn’t they save their billions in profits? Isn’t this why we let them keep billions in profits each year? Shouldn’t they be told to pull themselves up by their bootstraps?
Why is it there are food lines and such after people only missed a paycheck or two if our economy was so strong? Oh yes, it’s because they ate avocado toast.

Our military budget is bloated. I’m sure you love that. Sadly our health safety net had massive holes in it. Shouldn’t the GrEAteST coUnTRy oN eArTh be better able to protect its citizens?

Stronger? You’re delusional.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Trump says eat crap and thank me for it, they gobble it down. He has done what he's always done and failed yet again, but his minions NEED to praise him and worship him. It's just so sad to see grown ass people walk around with blinders on because they can't face the truth.

Legend
Legend
Joe-oooo

Oh JOE-OOO

Come out come out wherever you are!

“Joe Biden is at his best when he’s neither speaking nor appearing in public.
-New York magazine

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Your party can release the records.

You can talk about this in good faith when you start calling on Mitch to release the records.

In the meantime, go kick rocks.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus The General Election Trump vs Biden

Link Copied to Clipboard