Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
Do you think the fervor around Biden's potential sexual assault is the same as the Kavanaugh-Blasey Ford situation?

I think my perceived argument/difference with you really just comes down to this.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think it's pretty equal to Trump's. Considering both of them were presidential nominees let's compare apples to apples here.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not to parse the circumstances, but one was an alleged sexual assault at a private residence during a drinking party, and the other an alleged sexual assault that occurred at a workplace during business hours.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I agree. I think accusations should be taken seriously and investigated. But guilty until proven innocent is never okay.

Did you feel the same way when Dems got all hysterical and tried to ruin Kav and his family?

OH! Now that is a great question!

Stop trying to change history....remember when the GOP led senate said no to investigating Kav. and refusing to call eye witnesses under oath. Mmmmm. GOPer hypocrisy runs rampant.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Lol...yet it’s ok for trump to do anything to women. Pffft ok Biden 2 trump 25 including rape.

And how was Biden VP for 8 years and nothing. Obama and Biden were under a microscope for 8 years. .....Nothing.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BpG
J/C

I'm sure Joe doesn't remember it but assures it never happened.

jfanent Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

One thing I've noticed is that usually nothing happens in a bubble. Often one can look at a timeline to bring certain events into focus. It doesn't mean that a timeline always gives you a concrete answer to a question, but it most certainly gives you the big picture surrounding an event.

What we know....

Tara Reade is a huge Bernie supporter. She is actually a former board member of a Sanders support group "Our Revolution".

March third was Super Tuesday. Biden won ten out of fourteen states.

On March tenth Biden took Idaho, Michigan, Missouri and Mississippi. Biden and Bernie split the delegates evenly in the other two states of North Dakota and Washington.

On March seventeenth Biden swept all three of the states up for grabs. Florida, Illinois and Arizona.

Eight days after the March seventeenth primaries, with Bernie on the ropes, Tara Reade suddenly had some great epiphany, that now, after 27 years she needed to "update her story". Sudde3nly her story changed from touched inappropriately to sexual assault.

Now this may not be the answer to all of this. I have no idea. But the timing of her revisionist history sure has an odd timing to it when looking at all of the circumstances. It's certainly one factor that needs to be considered in the grand scheme of things.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
jfanent Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yep. Odd timing indeed. Almost as odd as Blasey Ford accusing Kavanaugh of a high school incident 30yrs later when he was nominated for the Supreme Court.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
The two situations are very similar.

#gmstrong
jfanent Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yes they are, despite you trying to say that they're not. wink

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
When it comes to the supposed victim they are similar. But why insist on ignoring that both Trump and Biden were presidential nominees so that's the most logical comparison? Because rather than make a fair comparison there's an agenda at play?

#gmstrong
jfanent Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
What agenda? I already admitted Trump's a pig. Why are you avoiding the fact that Biden is receiving preferential treatment compared to Kavanaugh? Your apples to apples excuse is weak.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's not weak at all. Both Trump and Biden are presidential nominees. Both face the election process not an appointment process. Neither Trump nor Biden face hearings in the senate.

Do you even read the news? This is being covered on every major news agency.

Many, including yourself it seems, wish to avoid making the most obvious comparison there is to make while playing connect the dots to two very different processes.

Let's recap. Bill Clinton, Donald Trump and now Biden were all accused of sexual misconduct during their presidential runs. None of that stopped any of them from being elected. This is by far the most similar comparison.

If you're unwilling to admit the obvious here I can't help you.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

Many, including yourself it seems, wish to avoid making the most obvious comparison there is to make while playing connect the dots to two very different processes.

Pretty much everyone on here is trying to compare why to vote for a dumpster over a trash can while missing the point both have allegiations.

Then it becomes "whatabout trump" or "whatabout biden"

Maybe I expect too much for this board for a rational discussion on believing sexual assault accounts.

I don't address the constant "you believe all men are guilty" because you miss the actual nuance of this topic and discussion.

Jules made the best point earlier. None of you have rose above that, yet.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If you "believe all women" there is no "actual nuance" there at all.

Taking all allegations seriously and investigating those accusations makes perfect sense.

My assertion is not "What about Trump". My assertion is that if you are going to compare instances they should be be the most similar.

It's all quite spelled out. Are you saying that those who believe all sexual accusations should be taken seriously and be investigated are missing the point?

#gmstrong
jfanent Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Saying that Kavanaugh/Biden isn't an exact comparison means squat. You'll never have identical situations, you're just using that as a weak excuse to try and divert the argument we're trying to make.... that the hypocritical media roasted Kavanaugh and is treating Biden with kid gloves in comparison. Admit it. Trying to say that this is connecting dots in two different processes is a straw man argument.

It's being covered by every major news agency? Lol. The vast majority are supporting Biden.

I've already conceded Trump's an ass. I'll go so far as to say I wouldn't doubt that he's taken advantage of more women than Biden.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I've given you three identical situations. Certainly the most comparable. Yet you claim there aren't any. It's not me who is throwing out comparisons that don't mean squat. It is you throwing out a stawman in an attempt to discount the three very similar situations that do exist.

Try again.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
You believe all women to gather as much information as you can, and you do it as soon as you can.

Instead on here we see people poking holes in stories, arguing about two nincompoops who don't have the best interest of 99% of Americans at heart, and random conjecture. There's also the rampant sexism of this board too that muddles these discussions.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So then your suggestion is to ignore things that may negatively impact a persons story? That an accurate timeline of events leading up to an accusation should not be looked at and explored when seeing the overall picture?

You do realize that's exactly what an investigation is supposed to do, right? Look at a situation from every angle. Not make justifications for excluding anything that brings about questions and possible motives.

There are two sides to a story and an investigation isn't done to only look at one side.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Dude, she worked for Biden. She has a report, and corroborating evidence, a police report, etc.

Blasey Ford had nothing other than she thinks it may have happened, at some point, at some time. Yet the media went ballistic, and somehow even found a calendar from Kav?

Kav was drug through the mud. What's up with that same media given Biden a pass on anything? Oh, I know. He's a dem.

I would love to see the media attack corn pop the same way they did Kav, or Trump. That would be awesome. It will not happen.

I would fully expect a congressional investigation.......but, wait, the dems are saying it's not safe for them to meet. Convenient much?

Believe all women. Unless the accused is a democrat. Then? Sweep it under the rug. Mention it, let him deny it, and then hope it goes away.

Legend
Legend
AP report: Two more sources corroborate Tara Reade's allegations

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ap-uncovers-two-sources-corroborate-tara-reade-allegations-biden

Come out come out wherever you are.
Joe can't hide from the truth much longer.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Corn pop beater is in his basement hiding out. Jill is upstairs armed with a shot gun, a double barrel shotgun that she will, if someone breaks in, she'll shoot two 'blasts' out the back, and then they'll be safe.

Legend
Legend
rofl

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
After Biden gets the boot, will Bernie be the nominee?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Well I'm for tossing both Trump and Biden out... but then we would need

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/02/20 09:47 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The two situations are very similar.

I think there are a couple of differences.

Tara Reade has a more questionable past than Ford.

The circumstance of workplace assault versus house party offered a clear path for a complaint.

I have a difficult time understanding the “wandering hands” during work. That may be just me, but that would be grounds for firing at that time.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Problem being neither Trump at the time nor Biden are a part of the government. Neither was Trump, nor now Biden holding public office.

And in fact, the media is giving this story a lot of coverage from almost every source. It's not my fault you don't read sources that you have been told aren't credible or you would know that.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
She is also a huge Bernie supporter who only reported this once it was clear Biden was kicking his ass 27 years later. Think for just a minute.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I read more CNN than anything. I don't watch fox news.

I catch articles on yahoo's home page.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Then you should have seen how this story is being covered.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent

Journalists mock NY Times' call for 'unbiased' DNC panel to investigate Biden: 'Is this satire?'

The New York Times editorial board faced mockery from multiple journalists Sunday, after the board suggested that a sexual assault allegation against former Vice President Joe Biden be investigated – by none other than the Democratic National Committee.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/axios-reporter-mocks-ny-times-call-for-dnc-to-investigate-biden

P
Legend
Legend
P
It seemed okay with you until it was a Democrat. I keep forgetting that the RNC investigated Trump. Oh no, wait, they didn't.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Has biden been investigated? Nah, he dismissed the claims. From his basement, with Jill holding the double barrel shotgun, and firing off 2 blasts, and corn pop was defeated, and little girls had their hair fondled.

And the msm was fine with bidens denial that anything happened.

Corn pop might rear his head in the future, and old joe isn't going to have a length of chain to defend himself.

It should start now, the investigation into this.

Dang, I told people long ago - dem's - to be careful how far they pushed things with Kav and trump, because it could come back and bite them in the ass.

It's happening.

Legend
Legend
Biden accuser Tara Reade says Anita Hill saga influenced her to stay silent in 1990s

"I really believed Anita Hill and I thought she was treated badly," Reade told Fox News. "I think a lot of women felt the same way. They were watching that -- that were professionals, you know, I was a young professional at the time."

"And I didn’t like the way Joe Biden dealt with her, but I also didn’t like how she was dealt with in general, right? And what it did was that it made us more silent. What it did was show us was, ‘Okay when you try to go up against this, this is basically what you’re gonna face. So it was an example of... a deterrent."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-accuser-tara-reade-anita-hill

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

At Least 6 People Have Corroborated Details Of Tara Reade’s Allegation Against Joe Biden

Mary Margaret Olohan
Social Issues Reporter

May 03, 2020

At least six people have corroborated details of Tara Reade’s allegations of sexual assault against 2020 presidential candidate Joe Biden.
Reade has accused Biden of kissing her, touching her, and penetrating her with his fingers without her consent when she worked for him as a Senate staffer in 1993.
Reade’s mother, brother, former neighbor, former coworker and at least two friends have corroborated details of her story.

At least six people have corroborated details of Tara Reade’s allegation of sexual assault against presumptive 2020 Democratic nominee Joe Biden, according to a Daily Caller News Foundation review of public statements about the accusation.

Reade’s mother, brother, former neighbor, former coworker and at least of her two friends have corroborated details of her story.

Reade worked as a Senate staffer for Biden in 1993 and has accused the then-senator of kissing her, touching her and penetrating her with his fingers without her consent. Biden denied the allegations Friday morning on MSNBC and his campaign has also denied the assault, saying it “absolutely did not happen.”

Reade came forward with her allegations in late March and on April 9 filed a police report with the D.C. Metropolitan police – a police report which is now inactive, the MPD told the DCNF on April 29.

Reade told the DCNF that she filed a complaint with an office she called the “Senate Personnel Office” after she complained about sexual harassment to three Biden aides and failed to receive help.

The former Biden aides have denied Reade’s accusation, and two of them said that they do not know her. But Reade says if the complaint were located it would prove those two aides lied on the record when they said they did not have meetings with her. She also said the complaint would show the approximate dates of some of the events she has described.

The complaint in question does not mention Biden’s alleged assault, Reade confirmed to the DCNF Saturday, following a report from the Associated Press. The AP story said that Reade had said the report she filed did not refer to sexual harassment or assault, which Reade criticized as misleading.

The AP later updated the story to reflect that “while Reade says she did not specifically use the words ‘sexual harassment’ in the complaint, she says the behavior she was describing amounts to sexual harassment.”

“I filed a sexual harassment complaint form,” she told the DCNF, describing how she explained details of the alleged sexual harassment in the complaint. “I filed it.”

Biden requested Friday that the secretary of the Senate “take or direct” any necessary steps to find a complaint made by Reade and to make its results public if it is found. (RELATED: Biden Asks Secretary Of The Senate To Locate Any Tara Reade Complaint After Incorrectly Stating National Archives Would Have It)

“I would ask that the public release include not only a complaint if one exists, but any and all other documents in the records that relate to the allegation,” he said. The Biden campaign has not responded to frequent and continued requests for comment from the DCNF.

At least six people have now corroborated details of Reade’s account against Biden: her mother, her brother, her former neighbor, her former coworker and at least two friends.

Biden accuser Tara Reade in 1992. Photo courtesy of Tara Reade
Her Mother

Reade’s mother appears to have corroborated details of her story through a phone call made to CNN in 1993. Reade had previously told The Intercept that her late mother called into “Larry King Live” regarding Biden’s alleged assault shortly after Reade left Biden’s senate office.

A transcript obtained by The Intercept April 24, as well as a video uncovered by the Media Research Center later that day, show that someone from her mother’s city did indeed call into CNN in 1993 and asked for advice about her daughter’s problems with a “prominent senator.” (RELATED: Biden Calendar Casts Doubt On Second Accuser’s Harassment Claim, But Her Aunt Says She Was There)

“I’m wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington? My daughter has just left there, after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him,” the woman told King.

Reade confirmed that the woman who made the call was her mother. “I just heard audio, my mother died and hearing her voice made me cry,” she told the DCNF April 24.

“She was such a good mom and always watching out for me even now,” she said, adding that the video proves what she has been saying: “that I was forced out and wanted to come forward in 1993.”
Her Brother

Reade’s brother Collin Moulton said that Reade told him about the alleged assault in an interview with the Intercept. Moulton says she told him shortly after the assault allegedly happened, and confirmed that Reade’s mother had pushed her to contact the police about her assault claims.
Her Former Neighbor

In an interview with Business Insider, 60-year-old Lynda LaCasse said that Reade told her about the alleged assault in 1995 or 1996 while they were smoking on LaCasse’s front stoop in Morro Bay, California.

LaCasse, a Democrat, is a retired former emergency room clerk and medical staff coordinator for San Luis Obispo General Hospital, the publication reports.

“This happened, and I know it did because I remember talking about it,” LaCasse told Insider.

“I remember her saying, here was this person that she was working for and she idolized him,” LaCasse said. “And he kind of put her up against a wall. And he put his hand up her skirt and he put his fingers inside her. She felt like she was assaulted, and she really didn’t feel there was anything she could do.”
Her Former Coworker

Lorraine Sanchez, who worked alongside Reade in the mid 1990’s for a California state senator, also told Insider that Reade had complained to her that her former Washington, D.C. boss had sexually harassed her and caused her to be fired after she complained.
At Least Two Of Her Close Friends

An anonymous close friend of Reade’s confirmed to the Intercept that Reade described the alleged assault around the time period when Reade said it took place. The Intercept’s Ryan Grim confirmed to the DCNF that this friend was not LaCasse. (RELATED: Planned Parenthood Staunchly Defended Christine Ford But Waited Over A Month To Mention Tara Reade)

The Associated Press also reported Saturday that the publication spoke with two anonymous friends of Reade who said that Reade told them about certain aspects of her allegations. One of these friends said Reade described the alleged assault when it occurred. This friend knew Reade in 1993.

The other friend said Reade described experiencing sexual harassment from Biden in 2007 or 2008 while she worked in Biden’s Senate office. This friend met Reade over 10 years after Reade says the assault took place, the publication reports.

It is unclear whether Grim spoke with either of the two friends cited in the AP article.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/03/tara-...FeqMcA0TWh43s-Y

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Reade’s mother, brother, former neighbor, former coworker and at least two friends have corroborated details of her story.

What Reade told them. Let’s get Biden and them all to testify under oath. No bid deal ..nobody is trying to sweep this under the rug including Biden.

– Jackie Robinson
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C

The hypocrisy is absolutely ridiculous. Like I simply cannot fathom how you can rationalize this. Like personally, I think all of it, Trump allegations, Kavanaugh and Biden are all political theater.

But to sit here and justify one and not the other, you're just lying to yourself.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Joe Biden Sexual Assault Accuser Tara Reade Files Criminal Complaint

Link Copied to Clipboard