Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I don't get the one week delay, though. You generally aren't going to see anything worthwhile in the data after just one week.... either build in a longer period to give the separated data meaning, or just start both on the 15th.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

I'm going to enjoy watching people eat while wearing masks.
Are you supposed to shovel the food in around it, or will everything be pureed and we will all get fat straws?

Wait, we can't have straws, can we?

Browns is the Browns

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Paper straws! Eat (slurp) quickly.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Paper straws! Eat (slurp) quickly.

I foresee Blendtec putting out some more "Will it Blend?" videos.

"Bone-in Porterhouse with red potatoes and bacon-wrapped asparagus... Will It Blend?!"

Five Guys Burgers and Shakes will become Five Guys Burger Shakes. laugh

Browns is the Browns

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I don't get the one week delay, though. You generally aren't going to see anything worthwhile in the data after just one week.... either build in a longer period to give the separated data meaning, or just start both on the 15th.

The reason is politics. It makes more sense for two weeks plus to check the data, but when you have nincompoops without medical degrees looking to override Dr. Acton...

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

The reason is politics. It makes more sense for two weeks plus to check the data, but when you have nincompoops without medical degrees looking to override Dr. Acton...

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M
Haircut time!

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Haircut time!

I’m taking clippers to my hair this evening. Even if my place opens back up this month I have no intention of setting foot in the place. This will be my first ever self cut/clipper attempt. Wish me luck.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Good luck bro thumbsup My wife did mine and I really liked her boobs in my face instead of my barbers. Plus she did just as good of a job, and I didn't have to pay her a dime cool don't think I will ever go back to a barber shop as long as she keeps putting up with me.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I'm doing the same, soon.
I bought a set of clippers right before the shutdown hit and I'm just now at the point of not being able to put up with the hair any longer.

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
My wife did mine and I really liked her boobs in my face instead of my barbers. Plus she did just as good of a job

You know it has been awhile since I've seen that pretty and fun wife of yours. Maybe this would be a good excuse to come over see her and get a hair cut ? rolleyesdevil

Tell her hi and give her my love and hope all is well for you and the family.

Legend
Legend
If you come over we could moon her again lol

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good luck Portland..One of the guys at work who does his own hair for years looks good. The other guy at work who never did and did for the first time... well lets just say we all laughed and gave him fun crap on how he missed on the back of his head...lol

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

Me and the wife just got home from Sams Club in Boardman and took a ride by Walmart. 2 weeks ago when we went to Sams, I would bet about 85-90% of people had masks-today my guess is about 50%.

And in the few minutes we drove thru Walmart parking lot, we counted 15 people going in the store, 3 had masks on

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
We're going to have another surge mid-summer due to this type of stuff.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Good luck bro thumbsup My wife did mine and I really liked her boobs in my face instead of my barbers. Plus she did just as good of a job, and I didn't have to pay her a dime cool don't think I will ever go back to a barber shop as long as she keeps putting up with me.

My wife has been cutting my hair for years. She’s adequate, and that’s all I need in a haircutter.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
E
Legend
Legend
E
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/05/200507121353.htm

Vitamin D deficiency linked to Covid mortality.

This is super interesting.

No Craps Given
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

By analyzing publicly available patient data from around the globe, Backman and his team discovered a strong correlation between vitamin D levels and cytokine storm -- a hyperinflammatory condition caused by an overactive immune system -- as well as a correlation between vitamin D deficiency and mortality.

"Cytokine storm can severely damage lungs and lead to acute respiratory distress syndrome and death in patients," Daneshkhah said. "This is what seems to kill a majority of COVID-19 patients, not the destruction of the lungs by the virus itself. It is the complications from the misdirected fire from the immune system."

This is exactly where Backman believes vitamin D plays a major role. Not only does vitamin D enhance our innate immune systems, it also prevents our immune systems from becoming dangerously overactive. This means that having healthy levels of vitamin D could protect patients against severe complications, including death, from COVID-19.

"Our analysis shows that it might be as high as cutting the mortality rate in half," Backman said. "It will not prevent a patient from contracting the virus, but it may reduce complications and prevent death in those who are infected."

If true, and it holds up, this is the magic bullet.
All we've needed is the one treatment that mitigates that cytokine storm and this become drastically less dire.

Get out in the sun. Go for a run. Charge your body up, then come home and eat well.

Browns is the Browns

E
Legend
Legend
E
I totally buy into this.

Vitamin D functions as a hormone in the body that affects a lot of systems.

I was extremely Vitamin D deficient and it caused me to have chronic kidney stones. It took numerous tests to figure out that the Vitamin D was the problem.

The kicker is I was having some bad Crohns problems at the same time, which result from over active immune system.

Once I started taking Vitamin D supplements my Crohns problems stopped (and I stopped having kidney stones.) I never linked the two, but it makes sense.

So, I can totally buy into this theory. It would be amazing if it works out that all we need is a vitamin.

Fingers crossed.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
I am lucky that I have a family doctor who has me do comprehensive blood with every 6 months. He found that I have been vitamin D deficient as well. I don't get out in the sun as much as I once did. I take a 5000 IU D3 per day, and that had normalized my vitamin D levels per blood work.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend

I've always felt that something like this would be the case. That it would be the combination of multiple conditions/diseases or lack of some other magic ingredient. Which is why some people have absolutely no reaction at all, while others will be on their deathbed.

Centuries ago the found out what turned out to be the "cure" for smallpox, when they learned people infected with cowpox (which didn't effect humans) were essentially immune to smallpox.

E
Legend
Legend
E
The Florida people on the beaches get the last laugh. They got all the Vitamin D in the world. lol

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
What Your Toilet Flush Reveals About Covid-19

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not even a vitamin, in many cases. Just get outside and do something fun (sunlight and activity).

I could go into a rant about how we approach medicine in the West, but I'll save it. TLDR, simple prevention/healthy lifestyle and many many issues 'magically' disappear.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/ohio/

If you scroll down to the "Daily" charts, you can see that we are two weeks past our peak in Ohio. It will be interesting to watch the next three weeks unfold.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/ohio/

If you scroll down to the "Daily" charts, you can see that we are two weeks past our peak in Ohio. It will be interesting to watch the next three weeks unfold.

DUDE!!!!! worldometers is breaking it down by state now? I missed that, and was just looking at the daily tweets that Milk was posting.

Thanks!

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
They started breaking it down by states a while back.
They started breaking states down by county about two weeks ago.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
I meant doing the graphs for specific states. Looks like not all of them are available, but OH is.

Last edited by oobernoober; 05/08/20 12:50 PM.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Day-on-day, that's a big uptick in new cases, but deaths are still dropping off. With the increase in testing it makes it really hard to tell if new case totals are increasing because we're testing more or because of the opening of the state.

It's the antithesis of the scientific method of "change one thing and then look at the result". The moment you change more than one thing, you lose clarity and causation.

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

I've always felt that something like this would be the case. That it would be the combination of multiple conditions/diseases or lack of some other magic ingredient. Which is why some people have absolutely no reaction at all, while others will be on their deathbed.

Centuries ago the found out what turned out to be the "cure" for smallpox, when they learned people infected with cowpox (which didn't effect humans) were essentially immune to smallpox.

If we can get the therapeutic drugs/strategy to work so people do not die, that will be a tremendous improvement.

It is not how many get sick or how easily it is transmitted that is the problem, it is the fact that you have a reasonable chance of dying that has been the problem.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

If we can get the therapeutic drugs/strategy to work so people do not die, that will be a tremendous improvement.

It is not how many get sick or how easily it is transmitted that is the problem, it is the fact that you have a reasonable chance of dying that has been the problem.

It isn't even the dying, it the hospitalization and ICU rates that was the biggest issue. It's the entire reason for the "flatten the curve" mantra.

IF this bears out, well, it does exactly that - this can greatly contribute single-handedly to flattening the curve and greatly reducing cases turning from mild to severe as it is that cytokine storm that is the root cause of most hospitalizations from COVID pneumonia. That, in effect, also causes most deaths.

Basically, with this, most people won't even have to care if they contract the virus at all.

It is WAAAY too early with it to say it indeed is, but IF it bears out, it isn't a game changer.. it's the game ender.

Browns is the Browns

E
Legend
Legend
E
I went out to the sports bar with my friend this afternoon/evening. We sat in the restaurant section for a few hours and had drinks and food.

That's one of the bars we always go to. So, the staff all knows us and we were chatting with them.

They are going to try to open the bar area on Tuesday, with social distancing guidelines.

If they open the bar area, I'm going to spend time there and not worry about the virus, because at this point sitting alone in my house for months is stressing me out and putting me in a bad headspace.

No Craps Given
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Groundhog Day: COVID-19

Link Copied to Clipboard