Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
Quote:
This textbook Self Defense, case closed.

Yep....textbook self defense for Arbery. He was being pursued by gun weilding men. He was in fear for his life, and that's all you need to claim self defense. The men were chasing Arbery with loaded weapons, so how on earth can they claim self defense? No castle doctrine or stand your ground law can be applied here. The men were guilty of neglegent homicide for failing to control their weapon. It is totally their fault for being in that situation.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Stop making sense.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:
This has ZERO to do with Race

You spent the first post in this thread trying to lay out an argument why this guy deserved to be shot.

Then you linked to a white nationalist in the very same introductory post.

You should really consider looking deeply into your arguments and implicit bias. You come off as a seriously ignorant and cavalier when it comes to issues that involve race.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
This isn't a case of racism.

I personally would NEVER enter someones construction site without permission, and your being an ******* if you do so as your entering someones private property without permission. Where in the world is common courtesy anymore to "ask someone" before doing something?

Quote:

https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-16-crimes-and-offenses/ga-code-sect-16-7-21.html

Georgia Code Title 16. Crimes and Offenses ยง 16-7-21

(b) A person commits the offense of criminal trespass when he or she knowingly and without authority:

(1) Enters upon the land or premises of another person or into any part of any vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person for an unlawful purpose;

So what "lawful purpose" did Mr. Arbery have for entering that construction site on private property? I am waiting. He didn't have permission from the owner, nor anyone else with the authority to give him permission. He isn't a cop or a building inspector or other government employee. So what lawful purpose was he in there for?

He is certainly guilty of Criminal Treaspassing at the least which is a crime, a crime that started this whole chain of events. I think these guys would have chased him down regardless of his race.

Mr. McMicheal was also the guy that investigated Mr. Arbery for bringing that gun into that school a few years back. Thats not something you would easily forget, so its safe to assume Mr. McMicheal recognized him, was obviously aware of his gun/violent criminal record, and saw him as dangerous, and thus, pursued him with guns.

I think these guys end up with Manslaughter at worst, but the prosecution has a huge hill to crime.

All the defense has to do is show proper cause for suspected burglary, and provide evidence that the McMicheals never laid a finger on Arbery until he attacked Travis. Having guns in plain view is legal in Georgia, and following someone in a truck is legal too. Even when they were stopped in the road, had Mr. Arbery just kept running, he would be alive right now.

the coroners report says the wounds Arbery suffered are consistent with accidental discharges from Arbery pulling on the shotgun. That video never shows Mr. McMicheal actually pulling the trigger shooting him it shows two men struggling over a gun and it going off. Accidents can NOT be murder under the law, so there goes the murder charge right there. Then the question comes down to is it manslaughter or is it self defense. The entire case hinges on the fact that neither of the McMicheals ever touched him, and done nothing illegal prior to the fight over the gun.

The defense has far more, but the more videos they release, the better the defenses case becomes. The prosecution has a huge mountain to climb to get a murder rap, and I just don't see it happening regardless of race or anything else.
You keep posting the law to back the shooters.

Lets look at the laws you keep posting.

1. In the state of GA is IS LEGAL to make an citizens arrest if you WITNESS a felony.

* The shooters did not witness anything. All that was said, was they saw him running and he fit the description of someone in a rash of burglaries in the area.

2. There is video of allegedly of Ahmaud at a construction site.

* This video came out way later, after the fact. Also, the shooters had no idea or mentioned to police of witnessing him at this construction site. So the video means jack crap, because the shooter had no idea he was inside the construction site. SOOOO, the men did not witness him at the site, so they DID NOT WITNESS anything. Which gave them 0 reason or justification to stop him in the first place, which throws out the argument of a citizens arrest altogether!!

3. Nothing was found on Ahmaud's body, meaning nothing was stolen from the site. Meaning, at the most someone could say, is that he was trespassing at the site - which in the STATE OF GA is misdemeanor, not a felony. ONCE AGAIN taking away any argument for a citizens arrest, and giving 0 right for the shooters to stop him or confront him.

4. So you have trespassing at MOST against Mr. Arbery, which is a 1000.00 fine and / or up to 1 year jail sentence. NOWHERE is death a punishment for it.

IF you are going to argue this case and try to use LAWS as an argument, please try to understand them in the first place, and the facts of the case, as they do not hold up any arguments.

Those men murdered this man, plain and simple.

Your argument is he was trespassing. OK. They didn't witness him trespass. They never stated they witnessed him trespassing. Trespassing is not a felony, its a misdemeanor which does not give someone in the state of GA the authority to conduct a citizens arrest. You have to WITNESS A FELONY. Neither a felony or them witnessing him do anything happened.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
So what "lawful purpose" did Mr. Arbery have for entering that construction site on private property? I am waiting.
Your blinded by the fact that the video didn't come out until WELL after this shooting. The men who shot him, did not know he was inside the construction site. So the video, literally has nothing to do with the case. And I would argue it doesn't even get put into actual trial evidence, as the shooters never mentioned seeing him in the site. It has 0 bearing on any actual fact of the case.

Quote:
He is certainly guilty of Criminal Treaspassing at the least which is a crime, a crime that started this whole chain of events. I think these guys would have chased him down regardless of his race.
You obviously know nothing of what you are talking about. 1. the State of GA only allows Citizens Arrest if a FELONY is committed. Trespassing is not a felony, its a misdemeanor. They also would have had to WITNESS the felony, they did not. They told police (which was in the police report) that they saw him running and though he fit description of a burglar who had burglarized the area multiple times.

1. There was only 1 burglary reported in the area recently to police, not MULTIPLE
2. Don't you find it odd they didn't tell police they witnessed him do something. So they obviously did not witness anything, taking away any right to stop him in the first place.

Quote:
All the defense has to do is show proper cause for suspected burglary
This statement shows your complete lack of knowledge on our justice system. First, the defense doesn't have to show anything. They are the defense. The prosecutors have to show that the white men stopped him for no reason no reason and he was not a suspect at the time. WHICH, by the shooters own account of what happened, they had none.

Quote:
The defense has far more, but the more videos they release, the better the defenses case becomes.
It doesn't. The shooters had not seen the video before they shot him. They had no idea he was in the construction site. So the video is jack nothing.

Legend
Legend
nicely done.
thank you.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
There are no defense for the two suspects. The use of deadly force should only be used in self defense. That clearly did not happen since they chased the victim.

Ahmed Arbery may not have been a model citizen but in no way shape or form should he have lost his life during this incident.

The two suspects should have used the camera and filmed him and then turned that over to the police. There is no evidence that suggests the use of a gun in any way, shape, or form.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
A
Legend
Legend
A
Agreed. Deadly force is only viable if you are in fear for your life or your loved ones life/lives. Not for trespassing, or even if someone HAD stolen something and he/she was running away. You can't chase them over nothing, or even a t.v., or cash. If they are running away with anything other than your kid, you can't chase them. Period.

Dude was running. And we don't know if he was running away, anyway. He had nothing on him. Was he jogging, or was he casing the house? Who cares. Doesn't matter. THEY inserted themselves into a situation, and THEY escalated that situation.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Agreed. Deadly force is only viable if you are in fear for your life or your loved ones life/lives. Not for trespassing, or even if someone HAD stolen something and he/she was running away. You can't chase them over nothing, or even a t.v., or cash. If they are running away with anything other than your kid, you can't chase them. Period.

Dude was running. And we don't know if he was running away, anyway. He had nothing on him. Was he jogging, or was he casing the house? Who cares. Doesn't matter. THEY inserted themselves into a situation, and THEY escalated that situation.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
This boils down to the shooters placing feelings over facts like Trump does. They felt they had the right to chase this guy down and hold him for police with weapons in hand. They felt they had the right to protect themselves if being hunted and harassed by men carrying guns caused him to react violently. They felt their rights to believe in feelings over facts will stand up in court. Now we shall see.

Legend
Legend
j/c:

Police fail in attempt to tase Ahmaud Arbery during 2017 incident

Legend
Legend
yeah the dude deserved what he got. Shot To death in cold blood for looking guilty. Pfft the trump era.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
โ€“ Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The sister of Ahmaud Arbery's accused killer posted pictures of his dead body to Snapchat, and said it's because she's a 'true crime fan'

INSIDER
acollman@businessinsider.com (Ashley Collman)
,INSIDERโ€ขMay 19, 2020

Lindsay McMichael is the sister of Travis McMichael, who along with his father Gregory is a suspect in the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery.

In an interview with The Sun on Monday, she admitted to sharing a picture of Arbery's body at the crime scene, but said she didn't do so maliciously.

McMichael said: "The thing is I'm a huge fan of true crime โ€“ I listen to four or five podcasts a week โ€“ I'm constantly watching that sort of thing. It was more of a, 'Holy s---, I can't believe this has happened.'"

Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.

The sister of the accused killer of Ahmaud Arbery has admitted to sharing a picture of the victim's body, saying she did it because she's a "true crime fan" but now realizes it was in poor taste.

Lindsay McMichael, whose brother Travis and father Gregory are suspects in Arbery's killing, posted the image to Snapchat around the time of the killing on February 23, according to The Sun newspaper.

Ahmaud Arbery was shot dead at the end of February while out on a jog.
Ahmaud Arbery was shot dead at the end of February while out on a jog.
I RUN WITH MAUD/Facebook

The post was made before Arbery's case had become a national scandal.

The unarmed black 23-year-old's death, and the delayed arrests of the suspects, prompted outage across the nation after video of his death became public.

The father and son were arrested on May 7, after the video was released.

Gregory McMichael told police that his son shot Arbery after a struggle which followed them confronting Arbery over a series of break-ins in the neighborhood.

The Sun reported that the photo photo, which shows Arbery's blood-soaked body at the crime scene, had been making the rounds within the Brunswick, Georgia community before Lindsay McMichael posted it.

When asked about the picture by The Sun on Monday, Lindsay McMichael apologized and said she had shown poor judgment.

"I had no nefarious or malicious intent when I posted that picture," she said.

"The thing is I'm a huge fan of true crime โ€“ I listen to four or five podcasts a week โ€“ I'm constantly watching that sort of thing. It was more of a, 'Holy s---, I can't believe this has happened'. It was absolutely poor judgment," she added.

Lee Merritt, a lawyer for Arbery's family, said it was "very disturbing" for Lindsay McMichael to post the picture.

GA Bureau of Investigation
@GBI_GA
ยท May 7, 2020
Gregory & Travis McMichael have been arrested for the murder of Ahmaud Arbery. There will be a press conference tomorrow morning at 9 AM in Brunswick, GA (1 Conservation Way). https://gbi.georgia.gov/press-releases/2020-05-06/ahmaud-arbery-death-investigation โ€ฆ
View image on Twitter

Jovita Ida
@eMliamEoG
What are you going to do about their family member Lindsay Jane Mcmichael who posted disturbing images on her social mediaโ€™s of the victims body?! #JusticeForAhmaud #unprofessional #shameonyouall
View image on Twitter

1:36 PM - May 8, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

See Jovita Ida's other Tweets

"It actually fits in with the pattern of the McMichael family engaging in a weird, violent form of voyeurism," Merritt added.

In a previous interview with The Sun, McMichael said that she and her mother were watching a movie when the shooting happened and had no idea what was going on.

She said she does not believe her father and brother are racists because they always "loved" her non-white boyfriends.

Seeing her brother's face after the shooting also led her to believe that they didn't mean to harm Arbery.

"All I saw was the look on his [Travis's] face and he was looking very desperateโ€ฆ I don't think we even exchanged a word," Lindsay said.

"I've seen my brother in his happiest moments โ€“ I was there when his child was born and I've seen him in distress and I know that lookโ€ฆ it wasn't like some glory thing, like 'I stalked and then got the kill that I was hoping for.' It was absolute f---ing panicโ€ฆI really do believe that things just escalated so fast."

The McMichaels are currently in jail on charges of murder and aggravated assault.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sister-ahmaud-arberys-accused-killer-095844761.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I keep seeing Trump mentioned. Like this type of stuff is extremely rare and has only happened in the last 4 years. Jesus Christ, it's so obnoxious.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's about the frequency. It's about the rise in the number of white supremacy. It's about how much more numerous and vocal people are about the seeming support for them. Pretending these things aren't happening and that something didn't happen that acted as the catalyst doesn't change any of that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
So what "lawful purpose" did Mr. Arbery have for entering that construction site on private property? I am waiting. He didn't have permission from the owner, nor anyone else with the authority to give him permission. He isn't a cop or a building inspector or other government employee. So what lawful purpose was he in there for?

Mr. McMicheal was also the guy that investigated Mr. Arbery for bringing that gun into that school a few years back. Thats not something you would easily forget, so its safe to assume Mr. McMicheal recognized him, was obviously aware of his gun/violent criminal record, and saw him as dangerous, and thus, pursued him with guns.

I think these guys end up with Manslaughter at worst, but the prosecution has a huge hill to crime.

All the defense has to do is show proper cause for suspected burglary, and provide evidence that the McMicheals never laid a finger on Arbery until he attacked Travis. Having guns in plain view is legal in Georgia, and following someone in a truck is legal too. Even when they were stopped in the road, had Mr. Arbery just kept running, he would be alive right now.

the coroners report says the wounds Arbery suffered are consistent with accidental discharges from Arbery pulling on the shotgun. That video never shows Mr. McMicheal actually pulling the trigger shooting him it shows two men struggling over a gun and it going off. Accidents can NOT be murder under the law, so there goes the murder charge right there. Then the question comes down to is it manslaughter or is it self defense. The entire case hinges on the fact that neither of the McMicheals ever touched him, and done nothing illegal prior to the fight over the gun.

The defense has far more, but the more videos they release, the better the defenses case becomes. The prosecution has a huge mountain to climb to get a murder rap, and I just don't see it happening regardless of race or anything else.

You are giving McMichael's the benefit of every doubt while doing the exact opposite for Arbery.. that is how you are framing the case, as if you are the defense attorney.. and you wonder why people accuse you of lacking objectivity.

If, as you say, McMichael knew him and remembered him from a previous incident, then he would have had no problem making an ID to the police and allowing them to go to his home and make a formal case because they had absolutely no reason to believe he posed any kind of physical threat to anybody at that moment.. but he didn't, he tracked him down in the road and cut him off with guns drawn...

Now you might have your own impression of what that means, but let me tell you that neither you nor I can understand what is going through a young black man's mind when he gets cut off by a pick up truck in rural Georgia and two non-uniformed bearded white guys with guns jump out of the truck and start yelling and accusing him of stuff.... I would give every benefit of the doubt to a young black man whose first thought was NOT, I should comply and go peacefully.

Criminal trespass in Georgia is punishable by a fine of up to $1000 and a year in jail for a worst case... because even they realize, it's not THAT big of a crime.. certainly not worthy of tracking somebody and confronting them with guns as civilians..

And none of this begins to scratch the surface of the boondoggle within the local government of multiple layers of people who just let them go and did their very best to try make sure this got covered up and disappeared without becoming "an incident"...

Did I read somewhere that the woman who was ultimately responsible for making the decision to let them go.. then had to recuse herself when they decided to press charges because she knows them too well? If so, that alone tells you much of what is wrong with this on the political side..

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M
J/c...

O
Legend
Legend
O
What did he have to do with it?

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm guessing because he wasn't just at the scene, but that he chased after all three and then filmed the murder.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Yep, he must have been working with the killers in some way tracking Arbery down.

Legend
Legend
According to the article, he tried to block Arbery's path with his vehicle while the goofballs were chasing him.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Thanks. They must have just posted or something when I first looked at it because there was only 3 paragraphs then and no mention of that. But that makes it understandable now.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Knight of a Brown's law degree doesn't seem to be holding up very well.

#gmstrong
K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

Knight of a Brown's law degree doesn't seem to be holding up very well.

Nothing I have said has been in any way disproven.

You ever hear of this thing called "Jury Nullification" What If I told you even if you were justified by the law, even if you were innocent, a Jury can still convict you and send you to prison.

These two men are being charged solely for political reasons.

1. Following someone in a truck is NOT illegal in Georgia under Georgia Law

2. Open Carrying a Loaded Firearm is NOT illegal in Georgia under Georgia Law

3. You can only be charged with Brandishing a Firearm under Georgia Law by activly POINTING a gun at someone. Show me where Travis McMichael shoulders or otherwise points his shotgun at Arbery.

4. They never detained him, physically touched him, or outright stopped him in anyway.

The prosecution charging the video guys is just a tactic to try and get him to testify against the others.

There is so much reasonable doubt in this case. The Defense literally has a sinkhole the size of Texas in reasonable doubt to sow in the jury.

The prosecution will have to prove a crime was committed by the McMicheals prior to Arbery attacking Travis McMichael, I;d love to see what law that will end up being. Fact is its lawful to stand on a public Street in Georgia with a loaded shotgun, Its legal.

It will be far easier for the defense to paint the picture to the jury that Travis McMicheal was standing on a public street in a lawful manner and Arbery attacked him. The defense will say they only wanted to talk to him and wait for the police, the defense will point out his clients never laid one finger on Mr Arbery, and it was Mr. Arbery who attacked Travis MfcMichael, whom as a citizen, was acting lawfully under Georgia law.

The prosecution will have to proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the McMicheals committed a crime prior to the shooting or Arbery. They did call the police, so that takes stalking, and menacing out. Can't say they illegally detained him because they never stopped his movement, they never tackled him or held him against his will...so how are they going to prove the McMicheals commited a crime?

this is real reason the prosecutors office wanted nothing to do with this case. There is no grand conspiracy to cover this up. The prosecutors office met with police detectives numberous times, done extensive autospy, they studied every aspect of this case and came to the same conclusion as I did which is:

There is reasonable doubt the size of Texas they could sow in a jury and the % chances of getting a murder conviction is about 10%, if the defense can even sow even the slightest bit of doubt this was self defense the case is lost.

36 years of expereince, they are not stupid...this case is being brought for politcal reasons and nothing more. They have very little basis in the law or evidence to convict these guys of anything more than "maybe" involuntary manslaughter, and thats a big maybe if these two have an even average defense attorney.

I won't be one bit surprised if these do go to prison on Jury Nullification and are convicted despite acting lawfully within the law, that happens all the time. The news media has probably poison the jury pool to the point these guys have no chance of an impartial jury anyways.

I honestly think they shouldn't be allowed to report on any crime until AFTER the trial...poisoning of the jury pool is real and it taints the whole legal process for both the prosecution and the defense are equally hindered by it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Murder isn't political. But these days some people wish to make science, crime and excuses all political.

It was murder. There's even video to prove it. You sound like Trump. You have built in excuses even if you lose.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I literally blasted every point you made before. SO I will do it again.

Quote:
1. Following someone in a truck is NOT illegal in Georgia under Georgia Law
No its not, but if it is with intent to hold someone hostage with a shotgun, that means its premeditated and thought out, as they had ample time to turn think about their actions. This actually is for the prosecution as a point that they considered their options, and choose to proceed with stopping him at gunpoint and shooting him. I find it funny you think this point bolsters the opposite opinion. Which shows you have no idea what your talking about, once again.

Quote:
2. Open Carrying a Loaded Firearm is NOT illegal in Georgia under Georgia Law
No one said it wasn't. However, again - they were not "carrying" the weapons. They were at the ready being used to stop an individual. Again, "carrying a firearm" and holding it out pointed at someone are two different things. One is legally carrying, and the other is brandishing a firearm, which is illegal. Once again, you do not know your laws, and I surely hope you do not carry a weapon until you take a self defense class.

Quote:
3. You can only be charged with Brandishing a Firearm under Georgia Law by activly POINTING a gun at someone. Show me where Travis McMichael shoulders or otherwise points his shotgun at Arbery.
Actually, GA law doesn't actually address what brandishing is. So your wrong again. There was a PROPOSED law in GA to make that true, but as of March 3rd, it had not been signed into law. So your wrong again there as well. (Seeing a pattern forming, do you).

https://www.thestate.com/news/nation-world/national/article240853751.html

Quote:
4. They never detained him, physically touched him, or outright stopped him in anyway.
You have no idea what was said to him. Simply yelling "hey stop" would be the ACT of trying to detain him. They don't actually have to detain him for it to be considered trying to detain him. Wrong again, because without sound you literally have no idea. You know what we do know - THE SHOOTERS literally TOLD police, they tried to detain him for a citizens arrest. You cant just erase police record, genius. Wrong again.

Your entire post is so half butt backwards, I honestly don't know where to begin. Most of it was already proven to be false in my last post, showing GA law on citizens arrest and how they have to WITNESS the crime of a felony to be able to try to detain someone which you conveniently leave out and disregard.

Its a wonder why you are trying so hard to prove these guys in the right. Almost like, you are happy they shot and killed a man. Either that, your just trolling, which using the death of a human being to do so is in mind - reason to ban you from the site for good. I hope the refs consider this to be honest. This is disgusting on your part, and frankly not even worth any more responses as you obviously are not even trying to debate, your just throwing out the same disproven comments over and over.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
I honestly think they shouldn't be allowed to report on any crime until AFTER the trial...poisoning of the jury pool is real and it taints the whole legal process for both the prosecution and the defense are equally hindered by it.
They only thing being poisoned is the board when you post something.

Legend
Legend
I admire your dedication to this cause, willit.

Even with CoVid sequestration and a job that's on indefinite hold, I still had no surplus time for this particular rabbit hole.

Manning the front lines against 'counter-intellegence' and retrograde common sense.

Thank you for your service, sir.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Not sure why you are standing on this hill KOB? You have been proven wrong. This shouldnโ€™t end well for these losers.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
All I will say that if the colors of the participants were reversed, it would be a first or second degree murder charge.

The jogger was clearly attacked by some crazy dudes in a pick up truck carrying a shotgun. And they had a accomplice trailing them to film the event.

There will be no playoffs. Canโ€™t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We donโ€™t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
[/quote]They only thing being poisoned is the board when you post something.

Well, so much for discussing the various sides of any subject.

Lets just take turns insulting each other every day and dispense with any discussions.

We could just have one thread.

Legend
Legend
Totally agree

That video in my opinion is pretty damnning

These two but jobs need to be covicted

Not sure the guy videoing should be covicted but if he was blocking Avery then I guess that will be his downfalk

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown

The prosecution charging the video guys is just a tactic to try and get him to testify against the others.

I was wondering why he was charged like the others and I think you may have hit the nail on the head here.

O
Legend
Legend
O
NAACP says beating of Iowa man should be investigated as hate crime

The Des Moines chapter of the NAACP said Wednesday that the beating of an Iowa man last week should be investigated as a hate crime.

DarQuan Jones, 22, was reportedly attacked by white men after he arrived at his girlfriendโ€™s townhouse at 3 a.m. early Saturday and she didnโ€™t answer the door, Kameron Middlebrooks, president of the Des Moines NAACP chapter, told NBC News.

Two white men allegedly accused Jones of burglary and choked him and punched him in the face. Jones at first attempted to defend himself before running to a nearby field before the men caught up, dragged him to a creek and dunked his head underwater, Middlebrooks told the network.

Two women from a nearby apartment complex came out after hearing the struggle, and Jones allegedly ran through the creek and called the police.

The attackers were described as white men in their 30s who were possibly drunk or high.

Middlebrook said in a statement to The Hill that the NAACP stands "in solidarity with the family" and others who "want justice for Quan."

"After speaking with Quan, his family, and the witnesses that have come forward, if the story is as they state it is then what occurred yesterday should be seen as nothing less than a hate crime," Middlebrook said.

"This young man, who is also an essential worker, was brutally beaten, called a n-----, called a monkey, and had his life nearly taken," he continued. "If it wasnโ€™t for two witnesses that came to his aid, we could have been working with the family on funeral arrangements."

Jones told reporters Tuesday that he endured a broken arm, a broken nose and five broken bones in his face.

Des Moines Police spokesman Sgt. Paul Parizek confirmed to NBC News that Jones and witnesses reported that at least one of the men was using racial slurs. He told the network that the โ€œracist nature of at least one of the attackers is obviousโ€ but said officers were still gathering evidence to determine a motive.

Parizek told the Des Moines Register that police aren't calling the assault racially motivated until the suspects and their motives are identified.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-...tigated-as-hate

K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

What a shame, we were having a nice spirit discussion about this until you resort to this kinda stuff.

Just so you know, I hope these guys do get convicted. I always have. however, I was playing Devil's Advocate and giving you just a small taste of what the defense can do to poke holes in their case. Remember, all the defense has to do is sow reasonable doubt and they win, they don't have to prove anything.

Did Travis McMicheal pull the trigger on that shotgun? Or did it go off accidentally because Arbery was pulling on it? Because that right there is the difference between murder and manslaughter...just one small detail like that changes everything.

I thought you were doing a good job taking up the prosecution side, but I can see we can no longer have any fruitful discussion because you can't control your anger. Your taking this whole thing too personal. Your far too focused on "this is murder" and not looking at the circumstances that make something murder.

As I said above, the video does NOT conclusively show Travis McMicheal pulling the trigger. What is DOES show is two guys struggling over a gun, and it going off resulting in Arbery dying. Remember, accidents can not be murder, and that video alone sows more than enough reasonable doubt it was an accidental discharge.

Regardless, this is a touchy subject so its time to stop. I didn't realize everyone would take this so personal. All it takes is the news media to turn it into a race thing and everyone gets so invested in it.

Lets' be real, this is 2020, this kinda stuff shouldn't happen to anyone anymore, I don't care what race you are. This just shows you how backwards the laws are in some of these southern states like Georgia.

IMO I don't think Stand your Ground should ever extend outside your home or vehicle. If your outside your home and you carry a weapon you should have a duty to retreat, and using deadly force should only be justifiable if you have no avenue to retreat and the other person(s) have weapons and are attempting to rape or kill you. Just being in a fistfight with someone is not reason enough to use your weapon.

I was just trying to softne the blow for a possible outcome.

I sincerely hope you get the result from this trial you want.

Take care

Last edited by Knight_Of_Brown; 05/23/20 12:47 AM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
This boils down to the shooters placing feelings over facts like Trump does. They felt they had the right to chase this guy down and hold him for police with weapons in hand. They felt they had the right to protect themselves if being hunted and harassed by men carrying guns caused him to react violently. They felt their rights to believe in feelings over facts will stand up in court. Now we shall see.

Why are you blaming Trump? Its clearly a case where they were following the liberal standard of seeing someone, feeling like he did something wrong, and totally dispensing with any concept of facts, evidence or due process and convicting him on the spot.

In any event, these guys unnecessarily contributed to the escalation of the situation. They should have just followed him and been a good witness until the cops showed up. Its what any other reasonable person would have done.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Well, so much for discussing the various sides of any subject.

Lets just take turns insulting each other every day and dispense with any discussions.

We could just have one thread.[/quote]

To be fair, he's already tried the tough but fair, logical response approach. That didn't work.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Its clearly a case where they were following the liberal standard of seeing someone, feeling like he did something wrong, and totally dispensing with any concept of facts, evidence or due process and convicting him on the spot.

brownie

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

Why are you blaming Trump? Its clearly a case where they were following the liberal standard of seeing someone, feeling like he did something wrong, and totally dispensing with any concept of facts, evidence or due process and convicting him on the spot.

In any event, these guys unnecessarily contributed to the escalation of the situation. They should have just followed him and been a good witness until the cops showed up. Its what any other reasonable person would have done.

Billy Bob and Karen are republican. Trump stokes the divides until people feel like this is OK. 2Aers, anti immigrant peeps, mexican gangs and s hole countries is how he describes brown people always instilling fear... That's why I blame Trump that crap like this is on the uptick. BUT Trump didn't pull the trigger and wasn't involved in the act, that's all on the billy bobs and karens. Not all karens are republican, but most are because she tends to be racist.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/23/20 10:27 AM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

Billy Bob and Karen are republican. Trump stokes the divides until people feel like this is OK. 2Aers, anti immigrant peeps, mexican gangs and s hole countries is how he describes brown people always instilling fear... That's why I blame Trump that crap like this is on the uptick. BUT Trump didn't pull the trigger and wasn't involved in the act, that's all on the billy bobs and karens. Not all karens are republican, but most are because she tends to be racist.

It really sucks when the people you despise the most start playing by the rules you've tried so hard to put in place doesn't it?

Any who, past the criminal charges in regards to this young man's death, I hope there is a thorough investigation as to why charges weren't brought previously. I've heard some whispers of allegations that the original prosecutor may have not been doing things on the up and up.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus THE TRUTH ABOUT AHMAUD ARBERY

Link Copied to Clipboard