#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
J/c

Baker does look more trim and less pudgy, which is a good sign thus far

I think it is clearly evident he is quite a bit slimmer. Very evident from the side and extremely evident in his face. I don't think he was this slim in college.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

Everyone lauding the catch, which was great, but that was a 2018 Baker throw where the concept of a window didn't exist.

Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I agree.The coverage was great. Bake just didn't care.Threw it high and away from Mitchell.

Last edited by Pdawg; 08/16/20 09:03 PM.

#gmstrong
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
This is a Cleveland Browns website article. I'm posting it because of all the quotes.

[social:tweet]https://t.co/IHIctnoofK?amp=1[/social]

Fresh Takes: Observations from Day 2 of Training Camp
Aug 16, 2020 at 03:54 PM
Gribble_Andrew-square-051419
Andrew Gribble
Senior Staff Writer

The Browns have shown their flexibility and adaptability in seemingly endless ways throughout this once-in-a-lifetime offseason, and Sunday served as yet another example.

With storms in the forecast and an indoor facility that is currently holding most of the team's workout gear, the Browns moved their practice to 10 a.m. — four hours earlier than scheduled. By the time Cleveland ran through its final plays of the practice, an ominous sky hung over the fields of Berea.

The decision turned out to be the right one, and the Browns came away feeling good about the work they did in their second OTA-like session.

"Thought these storms were going to make us go inside and we obviously do not want to do that. It was good to get out on the grass early, get our work in," Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said. "It was a much, much better practice from an effort standpoint from both sides. I was pleased with that. Still a lot of sloppiness though, things that we have to correct, but I think the effort was very good and probably to be expected with the cooler temperatures. Long way to go."

Here's what else you need to know.

1. There's Odell

One year ago, Odell Beckham Jr. was hampered throughout training camp with an injury that would ultimately bother him throughout his first season with the Browns. In turn, that limited the snaps he got and limited the opportunities to see him make a ton of plays on the practice field.

Sunday was further proof that last year is far in the past. Beckham was active early and often during the practice, making a number of traditional catches and few of his trademark, one-handed grabs he's able to make look much easier and smoother than they actually are.

Beckham, who underwent core muscle surgery shortly after the 2019 season came to a close, was deemed 100 percent by the end of the virtual offseason program, and he's attacked the first two days of practice.

"I think the unique thing with him would be the ball skills," Stefanski said. "I just think he is special in that regard. When the ball is in the air, he has a knack of getting it any which way he can: one handed, two handed, along the boundary. He just does a nice job from a ball-skills standpoint."

Kevin Stefanski: "It was a much better practice from an effort standpoint from both sides"
Watch Building the Browns: Find A Way
Browns sign C Casey Dunn
Grant Delpit's 'ready to go,' prepared to help wherever he can in the secondary
Baker Mayfield ‘attacked’ an offseason focused on physical improvements, new playbook
Quote of the Day: Why Baker Mayfield is buzzing about the Browns’ offseason acquisitions
2. Intensity on both sides of the ball

The biggest eruption from the sidelines came midway through the practice, when Kevin Johnson made a diving pass break-up by the sidelines that nearly resulted in an interception. One play later, Johnson was in the middle of a play that went just a bit beyond the whistle.

It proved to be a high intensity moment for a practice without pads, and Stefanski liked what he saw from the veteran cornerback.

"Very smart player. Very great effort," Stefanski said. "Spoke to his coaches when he was coming here and they all were effusive in their praise of Kevin. Really pleased that he is part of this group."

3. Wills getting early test from Vernon

Even though Myles Garrett hasn't been on the field, rookie LT Jedrick Wills Jr. has been getting an immediate, high-end test going against Pro Bowl veteran Olivier Vernon.

Wills has held his own as a part of the starting offensive line, and Stefanski has liked what he's seen from the rookie.

"I think that is great when you get good against good," Stefanski said. "I think that will only help Jedrick in his development. I talked to (DE) Olivier today, and we are pushing Jed and he is part of that. He is getting his work in, but we definitely like the idea that Jed is facing off a good, veteran player."

4. Here and there

DE Myles Garrett (hamstring) did not practice for a second consecutive day. Stefanski said he hopes to see Garrett back on the field soon.
Harrison Bryant, Austin Hooper and David Njoku all made big catches across the middle during team periods. The tight ends have been active early and often at these practices.
K Austin Seibert had an active practice and was mostly successful during one period, making seven of eight with his only miss on an attempt from close to 50 yards.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
J/c

Seibert came up short on a 49 yarder? Ugh, hopefully it was a strong wind haha

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
J/c

Seibert came up short on a 49 yarder? Ugh, hopefully it was a strong wind haha

I am sure it was enough wind. He has the leg to hit from 55 or more. Plus, 49 yards isn't a gimmie even in no wind. Just like a golfer, they don't always strike it perfectly, and just like a fuzzy lie, sometime holds are a bit off.

It said he came up short. Not wide right or left. So my thinking the hold was good and then strike was good. Sounds like the wind made the ball balloon or knocked it down. Unlike the golfer who can pull a 5 iron rather than a 6 iron to compensate for a head wind, Siebert has just one leg to use. The wind might have made that 49 yarder more like a 59 yarder.

Anybody who plays golf understands how sometimes in to the wind the ball just seems to hit a brick wall, and other times sails way up in to the air and goes nowhere near are far as expected. When they sail up, it's like they blow back.

As an added...you tell me

https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/01/11/h...sunday-morning/

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M

R
Legend
Legend
R
Bust.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Bust.

More busts!

Season's in the toilet.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joesph and Landry got the day off. Nick Chubb leaves practice early. Offense is anemic in a pretty good downpour.

#gmstrong
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

#gmstrong
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
I was hoping to hear better news on this thread. Apparently, we do have upside for improving. tongue

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Legend
Legend
D
I like these guys so far when it comes to injuries ... the minimum is reported with no detail other than what they have to say ... the less they know the better ... thumbsup

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
A concussion check is inexcusable for this half-speed regimen. TakiTaki hit Chubb in the head?

E
Legend
Legend
E
This Browns training camp video is badass.

I put it on the TV in the background while I do internet things.

So I randomly watch Baker and the men, while I surf around.

They did a good job putting it together.

No Craps Given
1st String
1st String
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
A concussion check is inexcusable for this half-speed regimen. TakiTaki hit Chubb in the head?
I think it was Mack Wilson that hit Chubb

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 08/17/20 08:06 PM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Browns camp (Day 3): Nick Chubb leaves practice, team evaluates him for concussion
https://www.beaconjournal.com/sports/202...ssion?nocache=1

Starting running back Nick Chubb left Monday’s practice and was evaluated for a concussion after linebacker Mack Wilson hit him high along the sideline.

The Browns practiced in pads for the first time this summer, and most of their third full-squad session of training camp took place in heavy rain.

During an 11-on-11 period in those wet conditions, Chubb caught a short pass from quarterback Baker Mayfield and ran along the left sideline when Wilson hit the Pro Bowl running back, taking him to the ground. Tight end David Njoku didn’t appreciate the hit and immediately got in Wilson’s face.

A few minutes later, Chubb walked off the field with an athletic trainer.

After practice, a Browns spokesman said the team had been evaluating Chubb for a possible concussion.

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski could not have been pleased with the way Wilson hit Chubb. Before practice, Stefanski said during a Zoom video conference he had talked to the players Sunday night about the need to avoid being overly aggressive during their first padded practice.

“They have to understand how to practice hard and take care of each other regardless of the dress or the attire that they’re wearing,” Stefanski added.

On Monday night, Wilson reacted to criticism he received on social media by tweeting the following: “I just practice with a lot of passion, my intentions is to never hurt anyone on my team nor any other player I’m going up against. We good though keep the negative comments to yourself. #NoBarkALLBITE.”

Last season, Chubb started all 16 games and had 1,494 yards and eight touchdowns on 298 carries (5.0 average) to go along with 36 catches for 278 yards. He finished second in the NFL in rushing yards.

Chubb missing time would increase the workload of fellow standout running back Kareem Hunt and backups Dontrell Hilliard, D’Ernest Johnson and Benny LeMay in the buildup to the Sept. 13 opener in Baltimore.

Practice MVP

Linebacker Sione Takitaki. The defense dominated in the sloppy weather, and Takitaki made a couple of stops against the run that got his teammates fired up.

Practice highlights

Linebacker B.J. Goodson recovered a Chubb fumble during a seven-on-seven drill and ran the other way to the defense’s delight.

The first live hitting of training camp created some tension, and tight end Pharaoh Brown engaged in a brief fight with a defender.

Sidelined

Wide receiver Jarvis Landry and safety Karl Joseph were held out of the first padded practice as a precaution. Landry is coming off February hip surgery and Joseph off November foot surgery. Defensive end Myles Garrett (hamstring), center JC Tretter (knee surgery) and receiver Damion Ratley (groin) remained out.

Schedule

Tuesday’s practice is slated to begin at 2:25 p.m.

— Nate Ulrich

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 08/17/20 08:13 PM.

#gmSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Dear Mack Wilson,

Please don’t kill our best offensive player.

Sincerely,

Everyone

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
We don't need a lecture online like it must be OK. We need Chubb much more than him. However "passionate" your practice is, it doesn't allow stupid. Snappy explanations don't matter. Let's not cut our own players down with injuries.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Interesting (and a good sign) that Jordan Elliott is rotating with the 1’s ... of course, it could also mean we have no depth at DT lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Chubb out for season?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Chubb out for season?

This post got me all sorts of worried - I didn't see the injury yesterday.... looking at the comments here I don't see anything that would indicate this is season ending.

Hope we get some positive news soon to verify.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
That was a fairly extreme tackle for TC. What's more alarming is how easy Willis, our first round draft choice, was beat in no time at all.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Great... Baker was too high on that pass; We Suck, Again!

#thereslwaysnextyear

prp..that was a very nice pass, exactly where many WRs want them...high and outfront..so they can use their height, reach and jumping ability to make a clean catch.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
That was a fairly extreme tackle for TC. What's more alarming is how easy Willis, our first round draft choice, was beat in no time at all.
Wilson doesn't seem to me to have much upstairs, dude should be sent a very clear message about stupid crap like that. You don't take your bell cow to the ground first day of pads. Funny first thing i noticed too was how horrific just about everything with Wills looked, I really hope he lost his footing or something because breakdowns like that and we'll be see keenum really soon

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Wilson doesn't seem to me to have much upstairs, dude should be sent a very clear message about stupid crap like that. You don't take your bell cow to the ground first day of pads.

I noticed Njoku ran over to Mack after the play and got in his face. He clearly didn't like that take down either.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Wilson doesn't seem to me to have much upstairs, dude should be sent a very clear message about stupid crap like that. You don't take your bell cow to the ground first day of pads.

I noticed Njoku ran over to Mack after the play and got in his face. He clearly didn't like that take down either.

Stefanski also stopped practice and talked about players protecting each other.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Yikes, I didn't notice that until you pointed it out.

I always liked the tackle from UGA. I think he went ahead of us.

Legend
Legend
3rd day of camp, at a new position. early in the 1st padded practice.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Training Camp Schedule

Link Copied to Clipboard