Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OldColdDawg #1820382 11/29/20 05:47 PM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
The Browns were just a made 2 point conversion away from OT against a 1-9 team. Yea I'm happy they won and our turning around a losing culture. I just don't want to see them get blown out in the playoffs. If they are going to beat good teams on a consistent bases they have to play better.

It's a lot better talking about a winning team than a losing one. That's for sure.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Could not agree more. My sentiments exactly!!!

Swish #1820385 11/29/20 05:50 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
- I need to stop betting Browns games.

- Baker missed a wide open Higgins for a TD, Landry for a TD on the next play, Landry on short pass on a rollout and Hunt on an easy 3rd down completion. He also hit tight windows. Frustrating.

- Haley Joel Osment fumbled again and dropped a TD pass.

- Chubb is amazing. Hunt is great.

- Happy to see Landry have a big game.

- Never really doubted we would lose this game.

- Nice job by D'Ernest Johnson on KRs.

- Great game by the OL.

- Stefanski has this team winning close game that the Browns typically have found a way to blow.

- Raiders lose. Colts lose. Browns currently have the 5th seed.

- Another week. Another win.

Dawg Citizen #1820386 11/29/20 05:51 PM
B
1st String
1st String
B
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
The Browns were just a made 2 point conversion away from OT against a 1-9 team. Yea I'm happy they won and our turning around a losing culture. I just don't want to see them get blown out in the playoffs. If they are going to beat good teams on a consistent bases they have to play better.

It's a lot better talking about a winning team than a losing one. That's for sure.

8-3 is a winning record, best we've had at this point in the season since 2002, maybe even better? I can't recall. IF we do make the playoffs, it will be as a wildcard team, they re generally noted for being the weaker teams in he playoffs, so, not expected to go far and I think that would be the case for hte Browns, maybe win the Wildcard game but I think that would be it, for now. It would be more exciting than what we usually get, no team to root for in post season.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
You're right the Browns have to get healthy or they will get crushed by the Titans, Ravens, and Steelers. I think they will beat the Giants and Jets regardless. There is an extra wildcard spot this year so 10-6 should get them into the playoffs.

Milk Man #1820388 11/29/20 05:54 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

LMAO

thumbsup

Milk Man #1820389 11/29/20 05:54 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

All Pro
All Pro
No doubt Baker missing 3 open shots was frustrating, but then he also hit on some ridiculous throws. That sideline strike to Hodge was insanity in that window.

Maybe he is rushing his step when someone gets so wide open it's crazy. Either way, that has to get cleaned up.

First time in ages I complained about officiating, but dang. Two of the weakest holding calls I've seen while simultaneously ignoring the blatant tripping attempt? Roughing the passer on Vernon even though he lead in with his shoulder? The just strange series of spotting the ball short twice while initially taking away Cleveland's timeout and challenge? How does Tretter get 2 holds with his hands inside the pads, while that Jax OT doesn't get a single hold on the first two times Vernon beat him around the outside with the OT grabbing him while being blown by was wild.

Really weird game. Should have won by 2+ TD's (Heck if Baker hits his open misses in the end zone early and Harrison holds onto the dang ball, we win by 4 or so.

Weird game. But now we have a 2 game lead for the wildcard on the Colts (via tie-break) and the Raiders. With Lamar out should have a 2 game lead on the Ravens come Wednesday morning.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
BarkinMad #1820391 11/29/20 05:58 PM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: BarkinMad

T
8-3 is a winning record, best we've had at this point in the season since 2002, maybe even better? I can't recall. IF we do make the playoffs, it will be as a wildcard team, they re generally noted for being the weaker teams in he playoffs, so, not expected to go far and I think that would be the case for hte Browns, maybe win the Wildcard game but I think that would be it, for now. It would be more exciting than what we usually get, no team to root for in post season.
The Browns have taken a big step in the right direction. Depending on who they play, with the RBs and WRs they have, and when they get Myles and Ward back, could win a playoff game. If they don't it will still be a good season. The best we have seen in years!

T
Legend
Legend
T
You're right the Browns have to get healthy or they will get crushed by the Titans, Ravens, and Steelers. I think they will beat the Giants and Jets regardless. There is an extra wildcard spot this year so 10-6 should get them into the playoffs.

I Guarantee you they don't beat both the Giants and Jets.

Have you seen how hard it is to win a road game, with
The Referees guaranteed to give you multiple bad calls?

Today was a road game,

I guarantee they can't beat "both" the Giants and the Jets, No Way.

Unless,... someone like 2 or 3 more R. Higgins's's join the squad in the next 3 weeks
and Beckham came back healthy to go back to putting up 39 points per game.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
BarkinMad #1820393 11/29/20 06:01 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I think we will be one and done if we make playoffs. If we play a really good game and get lucky we may win one. However, the taste of making the playoffs not to mention the experience that goes with it is invaluable. That counts for a lot with a young and somewhat talented team.

Swish #1820394 11/29/20 06:02 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I hope Garrett can play at Tennessee

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Homewood Dog #1820395 11/29/20 06:02 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
I think we will be one and done if we make playoffs. If we play a really good game and get lucky we may win one. However, the taste of making the playoffs not to mention the experience that goes with it is invaluable. That counts for a lot with a young and somewhat talented team.

As of right now we'd play Buffalo. That's a winnable game for us. If we end up the 7th seed playing against the Chiefs then we get smoked in the first round.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

I Guarantee you they don't beat both the Giants and Jets.

Have you seen how hard it is to win a road game, with
The Referees guaranteed to give you multiple bad calls?

Today was a road game,

I guarantee they can't beat "both" the Giants and the Jets, No Way.

Unless,... someone like 2 or 3 more R. Higgins's's join the squad in the next 3 weeks
and Beckham came back healthy to go back to putting up 39 points per game.
Ok maybe not the Giants but they should definitely beat the Jets. Weird having two back to back road games in New York.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
After the third of 12 terrible calls by the Refs favoring Jacksonville, I looked up the point spread for the game. It was Jags + 7 and we were winning by 8. It all made sense from there. I took a deep breath, relaxed and figured we'd win by 2 or 3. We did. Thanks NFL/Vegas.

Legend
Legend
It's funny .... I was reading an article by Terry Pluto the other day, and he opined that no one had the Browns at the record that were at. (7-3 when he wrote the article) Teams need to learn how to win games. Bad teams can artificially seem close to getting it by losing games close. How many times over the past 20 or so years have we thought that about the Browns? That said, the Browns are now beating the bad teams.

Are they really a Super Bowl contender? Nope. They are lacking talent at too many spots on defense. (especially) We are beating the bad teams on our schedule. We beat Indy, and a bunch of poor teams. We still have 2 "should" wins left, @Jets and @Giants, and 3 tough games @Tenn, and at home against Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

10 wins? Do we steal a win against the other 3 for 11? Do we "old Browns" up one of the 2 NY games? We'll see. Frankly I am astonished that this team, dealing with a lot of high profile injuries, has been resilient enough to get to this point.

No real off-season program.

We've had injuries to guys like Teller, Chubb, OBJ, Garrett, Harrison, and now also Ward. Plus, in this game, how many others were out due to either Covid or other injuries?

We really don't have the depth to handle these injuries, yet we have in most games.

I am satisfied to thrilled, with the coaching staff. Penalties and stupid mistakes have been way down. I believe I read that the Browns were not allowed to have any full team practices this week. It was just socially distant offense against air, and I am not sure if the defense got any physical work at all.

Overall it was a messier game than it probably should have been, but I think there were a lot of factors ... and I think that Stefanski almost make a fatal error by not taking the FG up by 8 with about 5 minutes left.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Not sure that will matter.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
But I hope he plays.

T
Legend
Legend
T
A team has 4 dbs out , the Jags, and your team

doesn't make more of a concentrated effort to exploit them deep.

The ONLY

deep exploitative pass Baker has thrown, and he appeared to throw it with ease, in about 7 of the games played this year,

ended up being when the flag was thrown for offsides today, and he knew he had a free play.

which leads me to believe, Baker is interception shy to throw a deep deep pass which the Browns player may come down with.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I’ll add one thing I haven’t seen on here yet (maybe I missed it):

- Hodge has been an unsung hero for us a few different times this year. He was big again today

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Ok maybe not the Giants but they should definitely beat the Jets. Weird having two back to back road games in New York.

At the same stadium!
I think we can win both games.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Not sure that will matter.
It would help.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If Baker can hit his throws, especially to wide open guys, we have a Super Bowl caliber O. However, our D at this point even when healthy, is barely good enough to get a 6 or 7th seed. we need about another 5 or 6 players on D to bring it up to contender status.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Most importantly, it was a win.
There are things on which to improve, of course.
But, you’ll not catch me griping about a win.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: mgh888

At the same stadium!
I think we can win both games.
Yea it is at the same stadium. Strange! I think we can win both games also but the Giants are starting to play better.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
I’m more concerned about the turf at the NY stadium than either of the teams we plays.

Swish #1820412 11/29/20 06:14 PM
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J/C Nick Chubb is a beast.
- I want to Rip Stefanski for the 3-inchs and 4th and inchs calls. WTF QB sneak or Chubb up the middle. Dont get cute, he did and it almost cost us.
- Baker looked great and bad, he has to hit those easy throws. I think we run Boot way too much, go shotgun so he can see the receivers actually run the routes sometimes.
- I am proud of our road wins, we would have found a way to lose this game in the past, instead we overcame adversity/ HORRIBLE REF BS calls.
- Considering our injuries on D, they have played pretty well, Sendejo drives me nuts but he makes enough plays to stay in the lineup.
-Special Teams are playing pretty good, Peoples-Jones and D' Johnson need to be coached up on decision making, but the coverage units and kicking are sound.
- Overrall we are doing well and beating the teams we should beat, next 2 weeks we will need all hands on deck and a little good fortune. BO BROWNS!!!!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Giants lost their QB

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
We won.

Hunt and Chubb on the same offense together should be against league rules.

Baker is growing and makes dumb decisions. Stop crucifying him. Some of you would've wanted Bernie gone ASAP at this rate.

Glad we get Myles back next week.

They wont stop. They laminate his bad throws today but say nothing when he threaded the needle for some excellent passes and TD's. Luckily for them baker was not a berry guy so I'm pretty sure we try to move up in the draft to get a QB

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Maybe we can get some type of team discount for playing at the same stadium 2 weeks in a row!! brownie

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
We're going to play meaningful football in December.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
T
Legend
Legend
T
this just in

Jaguars fire their GM David Caldwell after loss to the Browns!

where is Diam with that ~L~

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/...boger-reaction/

Jeff Risdon
November 29, 2020 4:08 pm
What would a Browns game be without some questionable officiating? The Week 12 matchup in Jacksonville proved more controversial than usual, and that’s saying something.

The worst infraction–though certainly not the only one–from referee Jerome Boger and his crew came late in the fourth quarter. With the Jaguars driving, Browns DE Olivier Vernon sacked Mike Glennon. But the 6-2 Vernon was flagged for helmet-to-helmet contact with the 6-7 Glennon on a play where his helmet literally never touched Glennon. The blown call kept the drive alive for the Jaguars, who eventually scored a touchdown on the drive.

It’s not often the volume of folks with blue checkmarks on their Twitter profiles almost unanimously attack the officiating, but that’s how bad this call was from Boger.

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Gee, isn't that what used to happen to us after late season losses? superconfused

F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Never in my life seen an offiating crew do everything in their power to try and gift a win to a team! Despicable!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bottlegate ring a bell?

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Also, never in my life,save for " touchdown johnny ", did I have to go into games hoping that we survive our own quarterback. Just saying he might not be that good ya'll

Swish #1820431 11/29/20 06:54 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
- 8-3 is almost unfathomable after all of these years. And the top wild card, for now.

- We certainly have shown the ability to play down to lesser teams, without being able to play up to the superior ones. A win by 2 and one by 20 are the same in the standings, but it would be nice to put a team away for once. We let them all hang around the whole game.

- I mentioned this in the game day thread, but Bryant has absolutely no physicality. He is too weak to play TE in the NFL. The ball gets punched out way too easily. He is ineffective as a blocker. And he cannot catch a contested ball.

- The first challenge by Stef was a really poor decision. No way that was a TD.

- The second challenge was good. After review, the spot was really bad, IMO. Not sure of the spot after the 4th down run either.

- The two holds they got us for (one was when we were deep in our own territory and negated a nice run; the other was on the last drive) were no where near as flagrant as some of the ones JAX got away with. Zero consistency.

- Baker had some nice throws in some tight windows.

- Baker yet again missed some wide open players. And again these would be scores or 1st downs. This seems to be a trend. Each game you can count on a handful of misses on easy throws and an intentional grounding.

- In the game day thread, in that drive where we failed on 4th and inches, someone said Stef called a stupid play on 3rd down. There is a difference between the play call and execution. Hunt was wide open for the 1st and there was nothing but space behind him. The play call was fine. Baker missed Hunt who was 9 feet in front of him. That is not on Stef.

- When a receiver drops one out of 9 targets over a span of three games, people on this board call for him to be cut. When the QB misses a handful of wide open guys in each game, those same people say we are winning, so don't pick on the QB. It feels like the presidential campaigns are still in full force.

- I have been really critical of Sandejo this year. He did have a pass breakup in the end zone. And I will even give him the stop on the 2 point conversion even though the WR was already out of the back of the end zone. Easily his best game as a Brown, though the bar was not high. Still do not want him here next year.

- Chubb? Good. Landry? Good. 8-3? Sweet.

Last edited by CapCity Dawg; 11/29/20 07:05 PM.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
"Kill the head and the body is dead", Gerard warren...

F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Referees think they can get away with that kind of stuff. See them try that against the stoolers or crows?

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 27 Jaguars 25 Post Game

Link Copied to Clipboard