Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
The NFL Playoffs are kind of like a Nascar Race,
all you can do is have great tires and try to get in good position for the final laps.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I have to watch GB and the Lions is here any place you guys know that is streaming the Colts and Raiders ???

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Cmon Colts!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
I really liked reading this and thought I’d share:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/12...-like-that.html

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Go Buffalo

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
Nice... thank you Indy... now let's Go BILLS

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
At this rate, a win tomorrow is nearly a nail in our playoff coffin. A loss still leaves us in good shape, but not as good as we are right nwo

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
At this rate, a win tomorrow is nearly a nail in our playoff coffin. A loss still leaves us in good shape, but not as good as we are right nwo

Wut.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Wut.
if we win tomorrow we will be in ... if we lose our percentage drops a bit, but it’s not drastic

Legend
Legend

A nail in one's coffin generally means that one is one step closer to the grave. I think you meant something else?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Maybe a stake through the heart of the vampire of missing the playoffs 19 years.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Stillers vs Chiefs for consideration.

if the overall record is the same, we'd have 2 teams from different divisions where the tie break sequence goes.

1. Head to head if applicable .(Not)
2. Best Conference record, both AFC conf. vs. the AFC

If those end up equal the next is W-L-T in common games minimum 4.

Steelers, and Chiefs Common games minimum 4
+ for win, - for loss, and TBD for not played yet.

Texans, Steelers +, ... Chiefs +
Broncos, Steelers +, ... Chiefs +, 2nd +

Ravens, Steelers +, 2nd +, ... Chiefs +

Bills, Steelers (TBD in the 4th quarter)
Chiefs, +

Tally, Chiefs 5-0, Steelers, 4-0 (tbd 1)

4, strength of victory
5, strength of schedule
6, combined ranking among conf teams in points scored, and points allowed.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

if the overall record is the same, we'd have 2 teams from different divisions where the tie break sequence goes.

Chiefs, +

4, strength of victory
5, strength of schedule

Pitt will finish 2nd and the Browns will win the division.

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
if we win tomorrow we will be in ... if we lose our percentage drops a bit, but it’s not drastic

If the Browns win 4 of their final 4 games they will earn a playoff berth.

If the Browns win 3 of their final 4 games they will earn a playoff berth.

If the Browns win 2 of their final 4 games and either the Titans or Colts lose any game, the Browns will earn a playoff game.

If the Colts and Titans both win 3 of their final 3, then the Browns must win 3 of their final 4,
or
have the Dolphins and Ravens both lose once, or

have either the Dolphins or Ravens lose once and have the Bills lose 3 of their final 3, for the Browns to earn a playoff berth.

The Browns hold a same record tie break over the
Colts,
Titans, and the winner of Tonights Ravens at Browns game holds a same record tie break over the loser.

The Browns have a same record lose the tie with
The Bills,
The Chiefs
The Steelers
The Dolphins
The Raiders,
formerly the Patriots who fell off last game
and
The non winner of the Ravens at Browns tonight, a tie would benefit the Ravens.

(at this point; the Bills, Chiefs, Steelers, Dolphins, and Raiders, loss of tie break cannot change ).

(Well unless the Browns literally outscore wins by 110-0 to overturn the Dolphins best 15 ish points/g, strength of victory to the Browns worst 6 ish points/g, strength of victory) and in 3 games overturn the first 9 games' margin of an 11, game sample)

edit: Shoot! I may be wrong about the steelers, (the only way I'm wrong about the steelers is if they actually lose to the bengals. If so, Wake me when the Bengals actually upset the Steelers)

Last edited by THROW LONG; 12/14/20 06:45 AM.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
If the Browns only loss is to the Jets,

and The Steelers lose to the Bengals and Browns,

Both teams 12-4 ... Browns win the division on common games advantage win over Washington Football team vs Steelers lost to Washington Football team,

Browns must Beat Ravens for it to happen.

Wake me if the Bengals actually upset the steelers,
bengals fan told me their year is a cooked goose.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 12/14/20 07:00 AM.

Legend
Legend

Right now we need to take care of our business. 1-0

Beat the Ravens.

Get to the playoffs and then everything is the same
1-0.

Pretty simple.

After watching the game last night. We are playing better than both the Steelers and the Ravens.

Neither team is showing balance. We are.

Steelers still have a great defense. However, their offense is one dimensional.

We know how to win. We have a playing personality.

Continue what we do.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

I think the only way this is possible is if CIN beats PIT. Right now, CIN couldn't compete in the Big Ten.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

The Colts could beat the Steelers.

The Steelers can play poorly and beat the Bengals.

Not so with the Colts.

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

I think the only way this is possible is if CIN beats PIT. Right now, CIN couldn't compete in the Big Ten.

Incorrect...if the Browns win out, and the Steelers lose to the Colts and the Browns, the Browns would win the division.

Legend
Legend
I’m growing more nervous about tonight’s game as this week has progressed. We’ve had a fabulous year and exceeded expectations ... losing tonight is not the end of the world, of course. But it would be awfully nice to win smile

I’m worried about them pressuring Baker and him not responding well to it.

M
Legend
Legend
M
We’ve had a fabulous year and exceeded expectations ... losing tonight is not the end of the world

This is where I think every Browns fan should be at. Period.

1-0 every week should be the mentality and if we go 0-1 one week - don't get upset. Making the payoffs this year should be looked at like a freebie bonus.

Agree that the Ravens are going to really test another area of Baker's game - he should see plenty of pressure and plenty of heavily disguised coverages.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm not adjusted my expectations because of 1-2 good games.

We are a talented team with some glaring weaknesses, a bunch of ?'s, and we are still coming together/developing.

All I expect is a competitive game. I'll be ticked if we get embarrassed again.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Just to clarify we tie the Steelers for overall record we don't necessarily win the division, correct? The Steelers would have a 5-1 record (assuming they beat the Bengals) in the division and the Browns would be 4-2 assuming we win out. In prior years division record was first tie breaker. That would make us a wild card.

Let me know if I am incorrect or this year is different.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OrangeCrush
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Incorrect...if the Browns win out, and the Steelers lose to the Colts and the Browns, the Browns would win the division.

Yup. I didn't think it through. Math is hard.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN
Just to clarify we tie the Steelers for overall record we don't necessarily win the division, correct? The Steelers would have a 5-1 record (assuming they beat the Bengals) in the division and the Browns would be 4-2 assuming we win out. In prior years division record was first tie breaker. That would make us a wild card.

I believe you are correct. That's why we need to win out and had Pitt lose to Indy. They'd be at 4 losses then and we'd be 13-3. Going to be tough, but Pitt "looks" weak right now and if we get by Baltimore tonight we have a decent chance. Just had to root for Indy.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I’m growing more nervous about tonight’s game as this week has progressed. We’ve had a fabulous year and exceeded expectations ... losing tonight is not the end of the world, of course. But it would be awfully nice to win smile

I’m worried about them pressuring Baker and him not responding well to it.

I'm just the opposite. I'm growing more confident. I think the Browns and Baker have figured some things out since week 1.

I think it will either be a hard, close battle with the outcome going either way or the Browns blow them out.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: cle23

I believe you are correct. That's why we need to win out and had Pitt lose to Indy. They'd be at 4 losses then and we'd be 13-3. Going to be tough, but Pitt "looks" weak right now and if we get by Baltimore tonight we have a decent chance. Just had to root for Indy.

We need to win tonight. Steelers need to lose to Bengals. We could actually lose to the Jets in this scenario and we'd win the division I believe by way of best win percentage vs common opponents.... we beat Washington, they didn't.

There's other scenarios, but I'm ok with this one.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

Chiefs, +

4, strength of victory
5, strength of schedule

Browns win tonight and get past the 2 NY teams.

Steelers lose to the Colts who are playing for their lives in week 16 and the Steelers are not playing very well.

Bills have a let down and lose to the Patriots in week 16....

Steelers come to Cleveland in Week 17 and the Browns, if they win, win the division and become the 2 seed in the AFC behind only the Chiefs..

Been looking at wild card games for a few weeks now while also thinking about how winning the division isn't that far fetched.. it's getting closer to a real possibility every week.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Originally Posted By: cle23

We need to win tonight. Steelers need to lose to Bengals. We could actually lose to the Jets in this scenario and we'd win the division I believe by way of best win percentage vs common opponents.... we beat Washington, they didn't.

There's other scenarios, but I'm ok with this one.

I don't think we can overstate how important our timely bye week was in this playoff chase. We were able to rest, recover and reload. We have been on fire since. Pitt on the other hand were robbed of their bye week, only getting a couple extra days off at the last minute. They also had to play several games on short rests, including 3 in the last 11 days. They are injured, fatigued and out of gas.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I feel really bad for them.

rofl

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
So you're saying the Gods are finally smiling on the Browns!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
C
Legend
Legend
C

C
Legend
Legend
C
These next two games are basically must win games at this point. The week 16 game between the Raiders and Dolphins is also huge. It would be extremely helpful if the Ravens lost but their next three games are against the Jaguars, Giants, and Bengals.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
These next two games are basically must win games at this point.

With that said, if the offense plays like it did against the Titans and Ravens we won't lose to the Giants or Jets.

Legend
Legend

With that said, if the offense plays like it did against the Titans and Ravens we won't lose to the Giants or Jets.

yeah offense has been on fire the last couple of games...

we win these next two and we're in... 11-5 gets us in I think

<><

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: jaybird

yeah offense has been on fire the last couple of games...

we win these next two and we're in... 11-5 gets us in I think

There aren't many scenarios where we're 11-5 and miss the playoffs. Just in case it'd be helpful if the Patriots beat the Dolphins next week.

10-6 and it starts to get super iffy.

Legend
Legend
yeah... I'd feel really good if we win the next two games...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I think the next game is the going to determine if we get in or not. If we lose, things get dicey

Legend
Legend
It won't matter if the D can't lock down the win. This Rat loss really says a bunch about team.

Giving up 50 or thereabouts can't lead anybody to expect many wins. Not that they gave it up, but did it so easily.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
It won't matter if the D can't lock down the win. This Rat loss really says a bunch about team.

Giving up 50 or thereabouts can't lead anybody to expect many wins. Not that they gave it up, but did it so easily.

Yep - we'll be lucky to get to .500 this year.

This isn't hard... just use the dang playoff machine that's been posted.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Plug in what you think the results will be - see if we make it.

Plug in some variable results - see what impact it has.

smh.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum AFC Playoff Chase Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard