We could have Peppers but we have Sendejo instead. thumbsdown

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
O
Legend
Legend
O
Neither are a FS you want on the field.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
E
Legend
Legend
E
I was going to start a thread "TRAP GAME" but I see it can all go here.

The Giants are gaining confidence. They have been running hard and the Kid Jones at QB can run for big yards - after seeing what Lamar did to us you better expect QB run plays and he can make a good throw here and there.

Their defense is pretty good - They don't have a good Pass Pressure Game but they are playing overall defense pretty good. They are good up the middle with Williams, Martinez and Peppers.

They just did get hit hard losing Bradberry who I watching a lot of the Giants think he's been playing as good as anybody at Corner.

I am worried about their Offense against our Defense as Garrett seems to be pretty weak from Covid hopefully he can turn that around cause he could change this game going against their rookie LT taken 4th overall but struggling against good pass rushers well when 100% Garrett is not good he is GREAT! ( Tony the Tiger GREAT!) and Jones holds that ball loose and Garretts strength in swatting that ball lose falls in perfectly as Jones fumbles like no other and when pressured is apt to throw some INTs.

So we must take advantage of the LOS with our OL and DL.

Bradberry out with Covid - sorry about that kid but that is big time in our favor. Garrett of Dallas fame is also out with Covid so that Kitchens (I think their TE Coach) will be calling the plays for them!

We should win this game but we have to play hard cause this will not be just some walk in the park. The Giants are playing their best football right now. They got some talent that have been underachieving

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
Legend
Legend
M
I remember those early season discussions.

I think it's accurate what you wrote about early game struggles - well before the season started you said those things, as did I and others. What we are seeing now could have materialized earlier with a full training camp and preseason ... but I am glad we got here and it is mighty fun to see. There's a couple of things I admire offensively: [1] is that ability to keep running the same look but adding wrinkles, in game and from game to game. A good example of that is the plays where Landry would be in motion from left to right - we had several big plays off that look all different. I think we do this well. [2] the other thing I love/admire - is when a team needs a yard or two and lines up and everyone in the world is expecting a run, and you ram it down their throats and get 3 yards. Executing plays the other team knows is coming but can't stop is fun. I think we have a little of that.

Giants D is also very good / elite ... maybe on the same level as Pit and Baltimore. I'm probably a little more anxious this game than I have been all season - because I'm starting to think about the playoffs in-spite of myself! But like the Ravens - I am looking forward to the game and won't feel less enthusiastic about 9-5 if we lose.

Last edited by mgh888; 12/18/20 11:17 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Good post EO.

Do we know if Danny Dimes is starting or if Colt is confirmed?

Sorry if I missed it.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Jones (if he plays) won't be running much with a bum hamstring and ankle.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Jones (if he plays) won't be running much with a bum hamstring and ankle.
I don’t think he’ll play .. just a hunch, but they’re trying to keep us guessing IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

I have watched all of KS press conferences. Watched every episode of "Building the Browns".

What is becoming clear is what kind of head coach Kevin Stefanski is.

His demeanor. What he says. How he speaks. What he won't say. The way he backs his players and coaches. What he expects from them. The way he handles the locker room.

Now as the season has progressed we see what this team was designed to be. Even in areas where we have struggled. Some of the problems on defense are un-addressable this year. But I see how that will change in time.

On offense we are just now getting started.

I do not expect a let down. KS has instilled in short time what others could not. We have a playing personality. The team is on the same page. Preparation actually prepares this team. It is easy to see that the team has bought in.
The chemistry is obvious.

In the latest Building the Browns. Nick Chubb is so respected as player. But that is because Nick is the ultimate team player. Clearly you see "team" not individual. The OL. The DL. The big boys are all in team mode.

Today no matter where this season takes us; I am all in with this team. Love the make-up of the coaches and players.

We have a team to be proud of.

This game I am confident we will answer the bell. They have worked so hard to get here. I do not believe they will slip up.

In fact I am looking at shocking the system.

Legend
Legend
I agree .. well said. Stefanski has improved this team and is very methodical and organized. He and the staff have a plan for everything

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Happy birthday Dawg! grin

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Thanks ytown!

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
On defense, I expect we will hold them to the 17-24 range...I know it is rare, but there are a combination of factors that add up: Ward returning, more Garrett conditioning, a pride bounce, and the Giants' terrible offense.
Match-up I'm most interested in is definitely Garrett vs. the rookie Thomas. But also Redwine in place of Sendejo.

On offense, I do expect a bit of a hangover, especially early. I expect Baker to be a little out of sync, and the Giants' above average D to hold down our run game for awhile. I do think our cohesion and talent will eventually take over, and we get to ~30 points.
Match-up I'm most interested in is how well our OL plays in the run game. The giants run D is their strength, so I expect to be stifled more than normal. If not, this COULD be a blowout (our first beginning to end?!).

Final points.
1. We have not lost 2 in a row. If that holds over the last 3 games here, we are in the playoffs, and I think it will.
2. Everyone overstates the Giants' recent success, IMO. They beat Washington in Alex Smith's first game back, then the Eagles, Bengals, and everyone knows about the Seahawks game. Then they're crushed last week in AZ. In those games, they've averaged 18.6 points on offense. Could they win? Of course. But if we play a vanilla game, with under 8 penalties and a -1 TO margin or better, I don't think so.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Bottom line? We should win but in the past our Browns have done what they shouldn't have done or let happen what shouldn't have so to speak. We need to take every one of our remaining games seriously if we expect to make the playoffs. Oh and a message to our Browns; please try not to let the Giants score just before halftime. It would be greatly appreciated by we the fans.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 12/18/20 12:57 PM.
T
Rookie
Rookie
T
What evidence have you seen that the Browns have not take a single game seriously this year? I'm curious, because I really haven't seen it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't believe that Stefanski is a coach who will let the team take any opponent lightly. Secondly, this team has shown they can win against average teams and at times above average teams. The Giants at best are an average team. When taking a look at their schedule and the progress we have made over the course of the season, I do not perceive them to be the threat that many appear to.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Jags game?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

Hey. Happy Birthday.

Another trip around the sun.

Start another ride.

Legend
Legend
Thanks Bone .. the rides are going faster and faster!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Good post EO.

Sorry if I missed it.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
If true, I almost feel bad for Colt.
We are going to destroy him.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
If true, I almost feel bad for Colt.
We are going to destroy him.

I hope so.

If I were Colt, I would just hope Judge doesn't put me back in the game shortly thereafter (Shurmur 2011).

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Statistically, their run defense that is getting talked up is comparable to the Redskin Football Team. Their pass defense is comparable to ours. Our offense should destroy that.

Offensively, Colt McCoy is and has always been a noodle arm. He is not a deep thrower, he does not have a ton of zip on his passes; outs should be prime for being picked. Their OLine is not playing well, they have almost no receiving threats, nothing much to worry about at RB, and a weak-armed backup QB.... even our defense should be able to handle this.

In short, if we stay within ourselves, play our game, and stay disciplined, this game will be decided at halftime and we will be on cruise control halfway through the 3rd quarter. If we get cocky or start to think we don't have to take it seriously or work for it, then we're hosed. There is no reason the Browns should lose this one.
None.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
The weather at MetLife Stadium looks to hover just above freezing with a 20% chance of precip during the game, but little to no wind.

Fumbling might be an issue; ball security is hopefully a big focus for the offense this week, and forcing them to cough it up a big focus of our defense, I hope.

Browns is the Browns

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
We certainly know they give lip service to 1-0. It's these types of games that test their belief.

I get the impression that Ski has the offensive side of the ball dialed in even deeper than 1-0. I think he's got them focused per drive. Look at last week when the Ravens ended going up 2 scores. We all could feel that point in the game where it was about to go off the cliff like so many times in the past. Typically that's been the situation where we panic and start throwing things up. There's no confidence in the execution, just throwing noodles against the wall to see if anything sticks. Like we were trying to close a 2 score gap in one play.

But not last week. Our guys played with some urgency but were confident. Its like they realized 'you can't score 2 TDs until you score 1 TD first' And just like the personality of our HC, the Browns systematically and methodically came dug themselves out of the hole.

How many years have we wondered what our offensive and defensive identities were? Offensively I think in the past we've thought that question could have been answered, but almost every time when severely challenged or tasked with being consistent they were exposed.

Now? Holy crap this offense KNOWS who they are from top to bottom. And IT.IS.LEGIT.

So for me the key to beating the Giants is the same as it was the Titans and Ravens... the Browns need to remain true to who they are no matter what. Game plan for the opponent, but don't let the opponent dictate who we are going to be. No more reacting to what the defense gives us. Make the defense react to you.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Defense wins championships...and we don't have it
I'm nervous about this game, I just hope it doesn't turn out like that Cincy game back in '07, where we were favored and had control of our playoff destiny and we crapped the bed. We just don't need another Baker special, where he throws 3 picks this game

Legend
Legend
Hope that all you are saying comes true. We should wallop a Coilt late in his career, but we could mess that up.

Unleash the Elf! thumbsup

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend

Probably should not feel the way I do.

Giants decent defense. Struggling offense.

The Giants are missing cb Bradberry and slot cb Holmes are out vs Brown's.

The Giants OL not very good.

OV and Myles will be looking to hunt most likely McCoy or a injured version of Jones. Big problem for the Giants. They will depend upon a good run game.

This is the game that I believe we win big. Weather is not a factor.

We just have to much offense for them. And their offense is prone to turnovers and averages around 20 points a game.

The Browns are the better team and they will prove that.

I see this game as a blowout.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Hope your right Bone. We CANNOT afford to lose either of the next 2 games!!

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Good post EO.

Sorry if I missed it.

Pretty sure its confirmed that Danny Jones is starting cause my Giant friends are pissed that McCoy ain't starting as they think there is a better chance of winning with him at the helm. Talk is HC says he is sticking with the plan of DJ being the starter...unless there is some secret thing that will go on and game day they go with Colt. Who is good but just does not have the arm. We can go Zone with McCoy and INT him a lot. Danny we got to send the house and stay in man just have a spy so he doesn't take off with man and burn us by running.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend

If he does start. He will be limited.

A stationary Jones will not be a good thing for them.

It is very hard to sweep a division. We have done that to AFC South. And if we beat the Giants the NFC East.

We would have to have real bad game and they would have to have their A+ game. I just don't see that.

The first game we lost to the Ravens. Next game we beat the Bengals.

Lost to Steelers. Next game beat Bengals.

Lost to Raiders. Next game beat Texans.

KS has this teams head in the right place. He will not allow a lapse. He has them in the right frame of how to focus and prepare for each week.

Nothing matters but the opponent in front of you.
Prepare right and do your job.

So I believe we will be ready.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The only good thing about it is even if they do decide to start Jones, he has some nagging injuries that should slow him down in terms of scrambling.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T

Even if Daniel Jones starts, his pocket awareness is awful. Poor guy has really no understanding of feeling the rush. There was numerous times last week where he himself was failing his Oline. Like others have stated, I'm sure him being nicked up will hamper some of his escapability.

In their secondary, they have the flexibility to slide Logan Ryan to corner, and ditto with Julian Love. I know they have been playing Yiadom a lot recently...But Bradberry being out, is def. a plus for us.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think it's McCoy

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yea Adam shelter said it’s gonna be McCoy.

Gonna be a very interesting Sunday night.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I had no idea Colt was still oin the league until this week..

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Every time his name pops up, I'm like: "Really? Dude is still around?"

#campcolt

"too many notes, not enough music-"
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
J/C

Man, I just can’t shake the bad feeling I have about this game. Battered Browns Fan Syndrome. Always waiting for that other shoe to drop.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C

Man, I just can’t shake the bad feeling I have about this game. Battered Browns Fan Syndrome. Always waiting for that other shoe to drop.

Freddie guiding Colt I am not worried

Joe Thomas #73
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 20 Giants 6 Beating the Giants

Link Copied to Clipboard