Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Legend
Legend
Obviously Baltimore losing would be the BEST possible hope, though their schedule is so beneficial the last few weeks

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Glad I'm wrong about the strength of victory.

Miss the playoffs?
Screw it! Maybe the Browns can get better than 3rd place in the div. next year.

(But their in 2nd place now?, ((((((((ya but the oilers, have the run and shoot, Glanville, Buddy, Warren Moon ain't losing another, Givens' and that passing game nobody is going to stop them, no way they lose one of their last 3, it's doomed)))))))))

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Call me crazy, but I have this very strange feeling that Jacksonville may get the best of them. I can't rationalize it though.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Call me crazy, but I have this very strange feeling that Jacksonville may get the best of them. I can't rationalize it though.
fingerscrossed

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M

I actually think the Giants are going to beat the Ravens.

There D is legit - I think they shut down the Birds and will only need 16 points - maybe 14 to win the game. I think that's possible.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mgh888

I actually think the Giants are going to beat the Ravens.

There D is legit - I think they shut down the Birds and will only need 16 points - maybe 14 to win the game. I think that's possible.

with Freddy Kitchens calling plays? LOL...

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
I want to readily bag on Freddy, and even outright discount what he did here in 2018 - afterall, there were plenty of reports that it was all someone else prepping those games and not him - but, the simple fact is this: you cannot take anyone lightly. Prepare for every team as if the people running them are the demon offpsring of Lombardi, Brown, Belichick, and Weird Al. Expect to get their best and also not know WTF is coming.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Call me crazy, but I have this very strange feeling that Jacksonville may get the best of them.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree with that.

I hope he stinks it up and we win

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thank you Chargers. Any distance is appreciated.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Yep, makes it just a little bit clearer.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Yup... if Pittsburgh loses out and we win out, we're the #3 seed and own the Division.

and for those clamoring for a rematch with Baltimore, there is a scenario where we end up the #3 seed and they the #6 seed and we play each other in the first round.

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 12/18/20 01:26 AM.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
I think the Steelers will put an end to the "losing out" scenario this week against the Bengals. We would have to wait until the 2nd round to play the Ravens again

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Four teams for three spots now:

Cleveland
Baltimore
Indianapolis/Tennessee
Miami

Legend
Legend

Miami plays the Patriots, Raiders, and the Bills.

That may well end their hope.

Legend
Legend

Jamison Hensley
@jamisonhensley
The Ravens' playoff chances increased from 85.7% to 89% when the Raiders lost to the Chargers on Thursday night.

Current playoff chances for AFC wild-card contenders

Ravens 89%
Colts 87.3%
Browns 86.5%
Dolphins 33.2%
Raiders 4.6%
Patriots 4%

Source: ESPN analytics

Legend
Legend
Happy birthday! Hope we manage to get in. Enjoy!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Happy birthday! Hope we manage to get in. Enjoy!
thanks Bard ... I’ll take a W Sunday

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Not to get to far ahead of ourselves, but getting third in tge division may not be a horrible thing this year. This could be our first of many years in the playoffs with a new coach and system in the year of covid (not sure anyone expected this turn around). Getting third in the division gets us a third place schedule in Stefanskis 2nd year. That means patriots, Houston and denver/chargers vs titans/colts, Miami, and raiders.

Pick your poison i guess.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, schedule-wise it might benefit us a bit next year, though who knows how teams turn out.

To me, just have Miami lose once and have us beat the Giants and Jets.

If we lose to the Giants it gets tricky

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Jamison Hensley
@jamisonhensley
The Ravens' playoff chances increased from 85.7% to 89% when the Raiders lost to the Chargers on Thursday night.

Current playoff chances for AFC wild-card contenders

Ravens 89%
Colts 87.3%
Browns 86.5%
Dolphins 33.2%
Raiders 4.6%
Patriots 4%

Source: ESPN analytics

Just looking at that, it's scary how quickly we'll drop with a loss or two. Happy birthday!

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I agree... next game is vital. Thanks buddy

Legend
Legend
I find it interesting that the Ravens have a better chance than us even though we have the better record.

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I find it interesting that the Ravens have a better chance than us even though we have the better record.

Thought the same exact thing.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I think it’s simply that they have the tie breaker and an easier schedule

O
Legend
Legend
O
Does strength of remaining opponents play into it? I believe the Steelers pretty much have a cakewalk ahead of them.

It also could be the they hold tiebreakers over us. It's good enough that they finish same as us, whereas we need to finish ahead of them.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Well, Pittsburgh plays at Cincy, vs Indy, and at Cleveland

Baltimore’s is much easier: Jacksonville, Giants, at Cincy

O
All Pro
All Pro
O

The FPI system that ESPN uses doesn't think the Browns are very good this year. It pretty much always expects us not to cover the spread. I think it only give us a 56% chance of beating the Giants, which is why our playoff % is lower than maybe expected.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OrangeCrush

The FPI system that ESPN uses doesn't think the Browns are very good this year. It pretty much always expects us not to cover the spread. I think it only give us a 56% chance of beating the Giants, which is why our playoff % is lower than maybe expected.

The Browns have what are considered to be 2 really iffy games @Jets and Pitts. (The Jets are almost a ginme)

The Ravens schedule if far easier, with 3 should wins.

If we win 2, and the Ravens win all 3, they would tie us, and take the upper spot based on their sweep of us.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
It would be really, really nice to win the next two games. If we do that it’s almost assured we’re in. The last thing I want is to play PIttsburgh with us HAVING to win

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
It would be really, really nice to win the next two games. If we do that it’s almost assured we’re in. The last thing I want is to play PIttsburgh with us HAVING to win

The last thing the NFL wants is the Browns playing Pittsburgh with Nothing on the line.

But that doesn't matter this week. What matters this week is the Giants game.

I'll tell you this, If the Browns lose to the Giants, the Browns will miss the playoffs.

If they are healthy, they should dominate the Giants.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Rookie
Rookie
T
But you said that last week about the Ravens game. You're likely right about this week, given the maths have gotten more clear, but you were bound to be right eventually. No points awarded.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Last week the Browns missed the chance to put the Ravens beneath them for this entire figuring out of the playoffs seedings scenario for this year. Instead the Browns are looking up at the Ravens for the remainder of it.
Given their likely pummeling of the Jags, Giants, and bengals, of course.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. I can't see the Ravens losing any of their last 3 games. We lost a golden opportunity Monday night to put them away and put ourselves in a great position for the playoffs. We all know why.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Week 15: GO JAGUARS!!!!!

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Go Browns!

then Texans, Patriots, Jaguars, then Lions, (Chargers already helped on Thursday,) and Go Bengals, pff. ya right)
in that order.

Because, actually there's a wish to keep the Titans ahead of the Colts, which means tied with the divisional tie breaker, for a small case,

But really, just

Go Browns,
Good news, is if the Browns win all 3, starting with the Giants,

they don't need other help.

You can only play one team at a time.
Get a win against the Giants!

And don't even make it close.

ON paper the Browns overmatch the Giants by a million.
Go turn in the paper!

If Hunt, Chubb, Hooper, Njoku, LANDRY, Higgins and all the others' are playing, then on paper the Browns outmatch the Giants by a factor of 2!

2! Two, I mean, half those guys still out match the G men's star power. 1. v 1.
Half those guys play, you still have more playmakers by a majority!
HALF!

On paper, Go, Turn in the paper! Don't even make it close. Dominate this game like the other side would if they could.

Don't let off the Gas, get Everybody rolling!

The Browns' game is the one that matters most!

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I want us to make the playoffs in the worse way as I'm sure everyone on this board does. It's not just to end the longest playoff drought but to give our young Browns playoff experience for the future. I'm always cautious, being a Browns fan for 53 years will do that, but I'm hoping for the best. We should beat the Giants but knowing us it probably won't be easy. Go Browns!!!

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Looks excellent
First we have ward play shutdown there best receiver
Against there secondary with all pros at all three levels this is a nightmare for there defense.
Chubb and hunt are better than anything they have seen all year.
I look for the Browns to run the clock out in the 4th quarter for the win

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
GC. The site I use has as of last night, Browns 1st round playoff probabilities of matchup.

( Bills and Titans leading, as they've been but the Steelers have jumped up since the Bills win yesterday.)

At Bills, 28%
At Titans 25%, host Titans, 1%
At Steelers 24%, host Steelers <1%
At Colts, 10%, host Colts <1%
At Chiefs, 1%
A group of ... all <1%
And Elimination, No playoffs, 10%

There you have it, for what it's worth.
Beat the Giants!
also, FWIW, Best case scenario drops the elimination to 3% with a Browns Win and Patriots beat dolphins,

Worst case scenario raises the probability of elimination to 20% with Browns loss and dolphins beat pats,
they also mention Bengals, vs Steelers for no reason I understand.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

And Elimination, No playoffs, 10%

HOLD THE PRESS.

Pretty certain I saw you write multiple posts fervently claiming if we lost to the Ravens last week we were OUT of the playoffs? Period.

You just wrote we have a 90% probability - based on the site you use - of making the playoffs?

Can you please clarify. I find it hard to keep up and I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum AFC Playoff Chase Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard