Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: jaybird
I thought Solo was entertaining....

Agreed.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Click to reveal..
Jango died (beheaded) during the first (chronologically) trilogy. Boba died during RotJ at the Sarlack pit. Mandalorian takes place after RotJ (they even mention the 2nd Death Star going down in this episode). The very Jango-looking dude would have to be another clone, no? Are they saying Boba survived being eaten by the Sarlac (sp?). Would think his armor would be in worse shape than that.

Yes, the music had me hooked from the beginning. Wild West mixing into 'hero' themes.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'll definitely start back in on watching the clone wars. It's like option H when sitting down in front of the TV. Maybe I can try to get my son into it.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Click to reveal..
It seems the entire episode set up how Boba survived. A Krayt Dragon probably had something to do with it.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Click to reveal..
Yeah, I'm slowly coming around to that. That would be a disappointment, imo. I hate it when writers do stuff like that... but I think I get it. The two characters are too popular to NOT meet, is probably the thinking.

Last edited by oobernoober; 11/03/20 11:03 AM. Reason: Just to be safe

-PrplPplEater
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
J/C

Click to reveal..
Really different episode tonight. It may feel like "filler" but I'm quite sure this is all meant to set something up for later in the season. Also, The Child is a genocidal maniac.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I just got Dis+ and I'm working my way thru season 1. Loving the Mandalorian

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Does Dis+ have an option to download and watch when not connected to internet like Netflix and Prime?

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Nope.

O
Legend
Legend
O
This episode made me jealous for my wife that she hasn't sat down yet, and will watch all of them at once. The pace of the story really grinds to a halt, at times.

-PrplPplEater
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
J/C

Click to reveal..
Really different episode tonight. It may feel like "filler" but I'm quite sure this is all meant to set something up for later in the season. Also, The Child is a genocidal maniac.

Click to reveal..
I loved this episode just to see Star Wars enter the horror genre. Seeing a lot of hate online because it was too one-off, but I don't care because I know they have some cool stuff coming up, with a major character returning. I know you know who that is.

Also, I am 100% convinced that was Boba Fett in the flesh at the end of episode 1. Boba was a clone of Jango. Same actor that played Jango. Now will he show up again, is the question. In the Mandalorian that is. I'm reading buzz of a Boba Fett series, but not sure what timeline it would be set in.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Click to reveal..
If that last episode was a setup, then I will take back everything I'm about to say.

I don't understand what the point was of that episode, other than to fill time with some action/drama. I didn't see any character development, or really anything new. Mando is a badass, but has a soft spot for the kid. Mando has a singular focus on his mission, but also a developing humanity to do things 'the right way' even when it's not the easy way.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed it. I just get frustrated knowing that there are so few episodes with a story that still needs to be told.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
i agree.. was entertaining but in terms of story was pretty slow/pointless... we'll see..

and can someone feed baby yoda?!? Dude is always hungry

<><

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Have you read that people are actually complaining to Disney about the kid's actions?
LINK

I can't imagine being that concerned over what a fictional characters does in a tv show. In this day and age...

And I was not considering the amount of shows per season when I praised episode 2. In terms of the continuing story arc, it does seem rather pointless. Just some action, creepiness, and dark humor.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm 93% positive all those tweets and stuff were from people that don't have kids (specifically toddlers).

-PrplPplEater
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Regarding your link.

Click to reveal..
I sort of get it. It was a bit unnerving especially since The Child heard that the eggs were the last of her species. This also makes me think there's something a little more sinister to The Child than what's being let on.

Genocide. This is not the way.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Click to reveal..

Where was the outrage when the Jawas ate the hairy egg from the rhino thing?

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
That's ridiculous... it's a tv show about aliens... come on...

My wife and I dealt with significant infertility issues... when Baby Yoda ate the eggs I laughed and shook my head... didn't get offended...

<><

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Click to reveal..

Now that last episode is the type I can really sink my teeth into. I'm hoping for more of that. We got some revealing interactions between different Mandalorians, setting up some close-to-home conflict with Mando. One thing that's kinda been below the surface the whole time is that Mando, for all of his intensity about 'The Way' really doesn't know all that much about it. Honestly, there's probably a whole bunch of characters that know more about his credo than he does.

It's just nice to have an episode that's pushing the story in A direction (albeit painfully slowly).

-PrplPplEater
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
So far this season, my rankings as far as episodes... S2E1 > S2E3 >>>>>>>>>>> S2E2.

I don't have 1 in front of 3 by that much.

Last edited by YepTheBrownsRule; 11/16/20 12:03 PM.

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: YepTheBrownsRule
So far this season, my rankings as far as episodes... S2E1 > S2E3 >>>>>>>>>>> S2E2.

I'm guessing you have a new favorite episode by now. LOL

Legend
Legend
that was by far the best episode of this season... really exciting overall I thought... hoping that isn't the last time we'll see Ahsoka Tano...

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I will say that the episodes are getting a bit repetitive. The scenario changes but the Mandalorian fights off some bad guys to get a snippet of information on his next move.

The child has been totally forgotten. Last season we saw him elevate a thousand pound creature in a fight. This season has only moved a shifter ball...

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
I will say that the episodes are getting a bit repetitive. The scenario changes but the Mandalorian fights off some bad guys to get a snippet of information on his next move.

The child has been totally forgotten. Last season we saw him elevate a thousand pound creature in a fight. This season has only moved a shifter ball...

I agree with your first part for sure... I've been frustrated they haven't done a ton of character development.... there's some great characters that they could do a ton with their story... but it feels like Mando just comes in, saves the day, moves on...

<><

#gmstrong
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
Originally Posted By: YepTheBrownsRule

I'm guessing you have a new favorite episode by now. LOL

I do lol. Ep 5 was pretty darn good.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg

I see them setting up conflicts that should help with character development. It's just not happening fast enough for an 8 episode season (and nowhere near fast enough for my preference).

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Yeah, it's kinda like all of Season 2 is laying groundwork for storylines in the next season(s), though there will almost certainly be some form of a cliffhanger in S02E08.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I'd read, before seeing this latest episode, talk of a new Star Wars show in which Ahsoka and Sabine Wren (Star Wars: Rebels) are searching for Ezra Bridger (also Rebels) and hunting down Grand Admiral Thrawn. Show or no show, they definitely just laid the groundwork.

I agree w/ others about the lack of character development. I don't want them to rely too heavily on other pre-existing characters. Give them other shows. I want them to develop the characters introduced in The Mandalorian.

And I also agree w/ others about the pattern with the show. New location, new side-quest, repeat. It's getting old.

Legend
Legend
The pop culture reference in the last episode had me actually LOL.

Click to reveal..
Get those TPS reports filed!

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
Well, ish is about to get real for the episode releasing tomorrow. Hard to imagine that the season iss already nearing its end... given how little has happened.

Loved this season, but lessons learned includes ignoring it until near the end when I can watch the whole thing over 2-3 binge sessions.

-PrplPplEater
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
And how does everybody feel about that finale??

O
Legend
Legend
O
I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm wary of the second final ending, and what it means.

As for the first final ending... I thoroughly enjoyed it, but wasn't expecting so much err, finality. I will say, though, that after having complained about the formulaic/repetitive nature of the episodes this season, it definitely has to go in another direction next season. I'm hoping season 3 is used as a tool to explore more into the Mandalorian lore.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just watched it. Liked it. I wonder what direction season 3 will take.

after credit scene pretty interesting.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Loved the season overall, minus the one episode that seemed to do absolutely nothing for the story...

Final episode... _____ was a bad ass. Really looking forward to the myriad of spin-off shows from this. Seeing lots of cross-over occurring between them too.

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I am VERY much looking forward to the new shows, but I am hoping everybody doesn't cross paths TOO much. This seems to be the smallest galaxy EVER. LOL

Agree with oobernoober. They need to get back to Mandalore and the all that storyline entails with Season 3.

Legend
Legend
This seems to be the smallest galaxy EVER.

well, it gets smaller when they keep blowing up planets

#rememberalderaan

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And how does everybody feel about that finale??

I thought it was pretty amazing and blew away all the movies since the originals? Maybe I'm alone but I thought that was a pretty epic season and finale.

O
Legend
Legend
O
There's a contingent of fans that are angry with the ending because they don't like Disney tying in characters all over the place... and while I'm wary about Disney I really liked how things ended.

Tough to fully go into it without spoilers.

-PrplPplEater
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... The Mandalorian Season 2

Link Copied to Clipboard