Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Lol I can’t believe Boris is out here asking for the US to lift travel restrictions at the same time the world finds out they got a new strain making its rounds across the country.

Nah, we’re good.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

CAPITOL CHAOS Armed anti-lockdown activists storm Oregon Capitol and declare patriot autonomous zone as they call for Gov’s arrest

Pistol-wielding Proud Boys, Patriot Prayer members and other far-right groups tried to storm the state building twice from 9am on Monday, where lawmakers were holding a closed special session on Covid-19 measures.

The clash escalated during the "Stop the Steal rally," reports said.

A female protester tried to gain entry through a window before she was stopped on the ledge by state troopers; minutes later, other demonstrators tried to push their way in through the north entrance at around 10am.

The Daily Beast reported that the group was repelled by the troopers who used some sort of deterrent that made a popping noise and caused protesters' eyes to water.

But that didn't stop 100 of them from entering the lobby on the west side of the building, egged on by three men with long guns, to decry Governor Kate Brown's coronavirus rules.

One protesters roared over a megsphone that "we are now declaring this area a patriot autonomous zone. If Antifa can do it so can we" as others tore down fences and tarps.

"This is America! No one tells us what we can and cannot do!" raged right-wing activist Chandler Pappas, while someone else roared: "Get a rope!!" someone shouted, according to one freelance journalist on the scene.

Outside, dozens shouted "shame" while some roared the National Anthem and one woman held a pitch fork in a clash with troopers wearing riot gear.

One protester called Duane told the publication: “I’m here to support the constitutional rights of people and of Oregon business [owners.]

"These people are unemployed and their lives are being ruined by this situation and most importantly by a government that seems to have taken totalitarian views."

There were only 50 protesters left defending the area by 1.30pm after troopers sprayed them with pepper spray and blue gas.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2009788/armed-anti-lockdown-activists-oregon-capital-autonomous-zone/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Trump not happy with the stimulus bill. Says not enough money for Americans and too much wasteful spending on other things.

https://www.wsls.com/news/2020/12/23/a-d...s-to-americans/

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Trump not happy with the stimulus bill. Says not enough money for Americans and too much wasteful spending on other things.

Sure .... he gives a crap about regular Americans! rofl

He doesn't care how many die - he sure as hell doesn't care if the ones that live get $600.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He has had 9 months and his Treasury secretary negotiating the bill.... and now he wants to veto it...

Crazy dude needs a jacket with long arms.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
Legend
O
You can't make this crap up. He just torpedoed the deal I bet. Oh well, it should have been $2000 a month all along. It's going to be interesting to see how this shakes out. Pelosi already responded, "Let's go!" and we might hear from Mitch and the GOPers when their butts finally unclinch.

Will they want to try to override the veto and let down supporters on both sides? Will they quickly pass it and give Trump the political capital? Will Pelosi go all in on it and leaving Mitch holding a mighty hot potato? Will Trump supporters hammer their reps for this? lmao, this will be interesting.

Then we have to see if Trump actually vetoes it. Or if he just signs it tomorrow... Who knows. I'm exhausted with this kind of crap. We need a government that works for everyone and we need to take back the power of the people.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
On topic. Hmmm... comments?

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Sure .... he gives a crap about regular Americans! rofl

He doesn't care how many die - he sure as hell doesn't care if the ones that live get $600.

Idk man. I think Trump completely butchered the entire covid situation, but I agree with him here. AOC said something about how it was a 5000 page bill and Congress had 2 hours to vote on it. It’s loaded with a bunch of BS that has nothing to do with Covid relief.

It took Congress (not Trump) this long to pass something, and it’s just a steaming pile of [censored].

Trump is right here—Congress has completely failed what they are there to do (nothing new). President Trump is right to call them out.

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
M
Legend
Legend
M
I agree the Bill contains a bunch of BS that shouldn't be in there. 100%. Others have noted the same and if you want an example of why politics in the USA is broken - this might be as simple an example as you can provide.

That said - Trump doesn't care about regular Americans. He pees on every American every day with the crap he says and does - most especially regards to outrageous lies of a stolen election. It's hard to calculate the long term damage he's doing with these lies. Apparently there are millions of Cult of Trump who enjoy and embrace golden showers. Just how I see it.

Regarding relief and a stimulus bill - Trump has done NOTHING to move it or get it done or make it a priority. He waited for something to be proposed and then criticized it.

Last edited by mgh888; 12/23/20 10:11 AM.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed 100% It's gotten to be a bunch of Crap. The working people, the poor, the disabled, average Americans should be getting the money not special interests and the like.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Shout out to the state of Colorado.

We had a 14% positivity rate 4 weeks ago, that dropped to below 7% this week. That’s impressive.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
U.S. confirms first case of the new Covid strain discovered in UK

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/28/us-confi...red-in-uk-.html

Yay.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
So, I'm getting a covid test tomorrow.

I've had the sniffles for a week, but now can't smell the scented bath salts in my bath. Or when I stick my nose in a jar of it.

flamingmad

I'm going to be mad if this is covid. Thankful it is a mild case, but mad because I've been walking around with it spreading it. I would not think the sniffles is covid.

Maybe the News should stop making it sound like automatic doomsday, and tell people that it can show up very mild. Because people will be like me and not think they have it.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Let’s hope you’re just congested

But if you do have it, hopefully you’ll pull through. But hell, homey, at least you actually care about not spreading it.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
I have faith in humanity that most people care about not spreading it. But people might not know they have it.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Eve, I hope you are clear and if you do have it I hope you have no long term effects. Just so you know, it can present as mild and turn real bad in no time at all too, so take care of yourself. A friend of mine in my hometown had a mild case until day 6, then spent a week in the hospital.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/29/20 11:06 PM.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I have faith in humanity that most people care about not spreading it. But people might not know they have it.

I don't.

Last edited by archbolddawg; 12/29/20 11:27 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O

Ha! Just looked and couldn't find the video from very early this year of a guy walking through the grocery store shopping with no mask while cussing about having covid and how he doesn't care because he needs groceries. Youtube must have removed it.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
First and foremost I hope that if this is COVID you recover fully and quickly. I too hope you didn’t spread it.

Then there’s this....
Quote:
I'm going to be mad if this is covid. Thankful it is a mild case, but mad because I've been walking around with it spreading it. I would not think the sniffles is covid.

Maybe the News should stop making it sound like automatic doomsday, and tell people that it can show up very mild. Because people will be like me and not think they have it.

How many times over the past 9 months have people talked about asymptomatic and or mild cases? I’ve been openly discussing COVID on this board from day one. I honestly can’t believe you didn’t know. I mean really?

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
I knew it can be asymptomatic and mild. But you never hear about people having that. All the drama has been people in the hospital and dying.

That's what's on the news and talked about most on the internet.

Nobody talks about mild cases.

I would not automatically think the sniffles is covid. Not when it's fairly common for me to get the sniffles after hanging out in a bar.

Maybe people should start talking about mild cases instead of fear mongering about death constantly. Because apparently most cases are mild cases.

It would do a lot to calm the public hysteria.

Legend
Legend
Hope you feel better soon.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I think if we talked about it being the sniffles people would mass gather even more willingly. Killing more in the long run. As it is it’s all ‘death talk’ and people act like it’s nothing, or just the flu, or not going to happen to them, or who cares ‘because I want a Blooming Onion at Outback and anything else is tyranny’.
So I think you’re wrong. The hospitals are filling/full and the morgues are too. It’s for a reason. Mild cases be damned.

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
I think if we talked about it being the sniffles people would mass gather even more willingly. Killing more in the long run. As it is it’s all ‘death talk’ and people act like it’s nothing, or just the flu, or not going to happen to them, or who cares ‘because I want a Blooming Onion at Outback and anything else is tyranny’.
So I think your wrong. The hospitals are filling/full and the morgues are too. It’s for a reason. Mild cases be damned.

You are wrong. If people knew it could mimic the common cold, and that image was put out into the media, people would be more inclined to get tested when they felt a little sick. More people being tested is better than everyone walking around with covid and spreading it everywhere.

Sorry you are scared crapless of covid, but fear mongering isn't the right approach. Honesty is.

O
Legend
Legend
O
This is a case of you are both right. JMHO

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I’m not scared crapless. I’ve been around it more times than I can count over the past 9 months. I was around it twice last week alone. I have a very healthy respect for it. It’s deadly. It’s dangerous. I stay out of bars snd such as the risk is not worth the reward. As I understand that because of my repeated exposure to it I may be an unknowing carrier. Asymptomatic.
You’ve come on here multiple times over those months with a grotesquely flippant attitude towards it. Now you fear you have it and are upset you may have spread it. Spare me. You’ve been acting like a willing vector for months. I just hope you haven’t killed anyone.

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Kick rocks dude.

You are scared crapless. You have been scared crapless since day 1.

You fear monger constantly. You brag about how much "danger" you are in constantly.

The facts are that this "disease" results in mostly mild cases, like I may have. 99% of the time.

I admit I have had a flippant attitude towards it, and honestly if it's just giving me the sniffles then shaking in my boots about it isn't warranted.

All I'm saying is people like the hysterical left and hysterical media that are making the problem worse and not better. But you are too blind to see it.

Talk about the disease for what it really is, and you might be surprised.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
https://apnews.com/article/health-monroe...00763ed5a7e3440

Louisiana Congressman-elect Luke Letlow dead from COVID-19

I bet he felt the same as you. Dead at 41.
Good luck vector.

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E

Good luck vector.

Irony this is from Portlandia. lmao

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Good luck vector.

You couldn’t walk a day in my career shoes.

Back to the bar.

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E

Good luck vector.

Back to the bar.

Dude, I have 4 medical certifications. I have walked days in your shoes. In worse places.

Legend
Legend
Kick rocks dude.

You are scared crapless. You have been scared crapless since day 1.

You fear monger constantly. You brag about how much "danger" you are in constantly.

The facts are that this "disease" results in mostly mild cases, like I may have. 99% of the time.

I admit I have had a flippant attitude towards it, and honestly if it's just giving me the sniffles then shaking in my boots about it isn't warranted.

All I'm saying is people like the hysterical left and hysterical media that are making the problem worse and not better. But you are too blind to see it.

Talk about the disease for what it really is, and you might be surprised.

Anyone that isn’t scared of this disease is a damn fool. Poo Poo the death of millions worldwide? Fools are out there spreading this disease and calling out the media as fear mongering! rofl Yep... that’s what they must be doing in the bars these days. rofl

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Good luck vector.

Back to the bar.

Dude, I have 4 medical certifications. I have walked days in your shoes. In worse places.

Sure.
Having your CPR and first aide card doesn’t make you a medical professional. No matter what the bartender told you.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M

Just to put this into perspective, because I have friends that say this is just the same as seasonal flu and other nonsense like this....

How many times - pre-covid - have you been in bars or restaurants with 100 people in it. Now imagine a random person dying from each of those bars you were in. 19,979,982 Covid cases in the USA. At a 1% mortality rate that's a LOT of dead Americans to be laughing and poking fun of those that take this seriously.

And there is statistical data that overwhelmingly shows we are UNDERCOUNTING the deaths caused by Covid. But just sticking with your 1%, I don't think it's much to laugh about or mock others who are front line care givers. If the number is 2% and 346K dead then even less to laugh about.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

If the statistics are right and we are undercounting Covid deaths ... less to laugh about again.

Dealing with facts and taking the pandemic seriously isn't being hysterical. It's what grown ups with a brain and with the power to think do.

M
Legend
Legend
M
And to add - how many people do you know personally that insinuated or stated as fact that this was all a left wing ploy to get rid of Trump? How many people said this was all going to disappear after the election ? The way you post I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of them Eve.

As for the Left Wing Hysteria? Yeah - the whole globe and every 1st world Nation is taking this more seriously than the USA and the idiots that want to treat this as no big deal ... so as much as you might WANT to make this a political thing, it's not.

Worth mentioning Sweden once again - who kept everything open, told those at risk to stay isolated and everyone to "be careful" .... and many thought that was great. In case you missed it - the Prime Minister and their King both came out and said they got it 100% wrong - that more Swedes have died because of the way they chose to treat this. They would do it differently if they had the chance of a do-over.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

We see what happens to people who don't have at least some amount and fear of this virus. They gather in sports bars, restaurants, claim their area is doing a great job and act like they have nothing to worry about. Until it's too late and they do.

Then, when they contract Covid they try top blame someone else. They claim they weren't told and warned about asymptomatic and very mild cases. When the fact is they've been told over and over again that's exactly why you should wear a mask and avoid social gatherings.

You see, there's fine line between bravery and stupidity. And those who race across that line try and point fingers at those who don't. It's a very strange world we're living in.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
I think the use of the word "fear" or "afraid" leads to arguments that are semantics based not real world based.

Sure - there are people who are literally afraid, scared and have consumed some of the media coverage and are over-reacting. Some are probably afraid and scared because they are high risk.

But for the overwhelming vast majority - it's about facts, science and taking sensible precautions that help the whole community. End of story. What happens is some, because they don't have a valid argument or debatable point, start calling folks scared and afraid if they want to listen to the science.

Legend
Legend
What I’m afraid of (and I’m not afraid to tell y’all). Is these fools running around spreading the disease without knowing they are spreading it like the plague, because we all know, this is a plague. We’re in the middle of a world pandemic. And fools going to bars and local gatherings because they have the right to. Pffft Screw them I have a right to live.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Every plague has its plague rats... they use to be found in alleyways. Now they’re at the sports bar because they have ‘LiBErtiEs!’

[Linked Image]
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: mgh888
[quote=EveDawg]

How many times - pre-covid - have you been in bars or restaurants with 100 people in it. Now imagine a random person dying from each of those bars you were in. 19,979,982 Covid cases in the USA. At a 1% mortality rate that's a LOT of dead Americans to be laughing and poking fun of those that take this seriously. .

I understand your concept, but that example is what somewhat mis-leading.

Because you are starting out with a bar of only COVID positive people, not general population.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Sitting at testing place waiting for my results.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus COVID-19: Fright Night

Link Copied to Clipboard