Legend
C

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
According to the ESPN playoff machine if we win next week we are in as the seventh seed.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
According to the ESPN playoff machine if we win next week we are in as the seventh seed.

Cokts have to lose and so do dolphins and titans must beat the packers tonight

Last edited by slick; 12/27/20 05:26 PM.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
T
Legend
Legend
T
How convienent the Steelers wake up when the Brown lose, because it provides maximum interest in week 17 games. (ooooh week 17 ooooh thumbsdown)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend

No.
Just... No.

We had our shot, we blew it.
We are done, this season is over. On to The Draft.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
For us to make it we have to win or the Colts have to lose to Jacksonville.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
If all the teams in contention win we are in.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: dawg66
For us to make it we have to win or the Colts have to lose to Jacksonville.

M
Legend
Legend
M

At worst the 7th seed if we win next week.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think i heard that somewhere. tongue

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Yes - we’ve get take on the Steelers and if we win then play them in the first round in the playoffs.

Can’t ask for much more - I am pumped for next Sunday, hopefully we get flexed into Sunday night?

All teams had to navigate COVID jets loss sucks but if I am going to be a cry baby the Las Vegas loss was the one I didn’t like.

Go Browns

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Whoops no Sunday night game next week

Go Browns.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
How convienent the Steelers wake up when the Brown lose, because it provides maximum interest in week 17 games. (ooooh week 17 ooooh thumbsdown)

But if the Bills beat the Patriots on Monday night then they wont be playing thier starters against the dolphins...so my question is...will the Steelers be playing thier starters? Even if they beat us they are still stuck with the third seed correct? Now if the Bill's lose to the Patriots does that change anything? Would the Steelers then play thier starters? I'm asking you throw long because you have done all the research.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
The Raiders game was Brownsed and pist me off!

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Of course this could all be mute point if all the receivers "all of a sudden" test positive. Not to mention it looks like we will be without wills. This is the same scenario that happened with myles. He was sick,but had negative tests, then all of a sudden....boom positive. So even if we beat the Steelers I think it's safe to say that the chances of wills being out for the Steelers game and the wild card game is 75%

Legend
Legend
Interesting that MIA plays BUF this week .. and would in Round 1

Same with us and PIT

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
So basically there is no way the Steelers sit thier starters because if the Bill's win even one more game than the Steelers have to beat us to bump the bills out of the 2nd seed and into the 3rd

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
The scenario I want is for the the Bill's to lose to the Pat's but then beat the dolphins. If we by so.w miracle beat the Steelers that means we play buffalo. Now if the Bill's beat the Pat's but lose to dolphins and we beat Pitt then we still have to play Pitt first round. I would much rather play the Bill's. With all that being said it appears the Steelers are back and I dont like pur chances against them especially if all of a sudden all our receivers test positive along with wills which is what I think will happen

All Pro
All Pro
The difference in the 2 and 3 seed only matters for home field advantage if they both win the wild card round games. And even then it is only one game.

The only team that gets the bye week this year is the Chiefs.

The "smart" play is for BOTH Buffalo and Pitt to rest their guys for the playoff push.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Especially with how hobbled Roethlisberger has looked this season.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
Having the Steelers beat us again and knock us out of the playoffs would be such a miserable to have this GOOD year end

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
All Pro
All Pro
True, but if we get swept by both Pitt and Baltimore we weren't ready anyway.

Next week we get to .500 in our own dang division or we look to the off season to improve.

Simple.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

No.
Just... No.

We had our shot, we blew it.
We are done, this season is over. On to The Draft.

superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Scenarios for Browns to get in playoffs

1.Browns win

2.Browns lose and Colts lose to Jags

3.Browns lose
Colts win
Ravens win vs Cincy
Titans lose to Green Bay
Titans lose to Texans
Miami beats Bills

Last edited by Pdawg; 12/27/20 07:18 PM.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So does Miami mean nothing?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
So does Miami mean nothing?

Sorry, I forgot to add it. Fixed now.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
While it is a shame the Browns didn't make the playoffs, they had one heck of a good season. With a new HC, new systems on both sides of the ball, losing their #1 WR to injury, losing Chubb for a chunk of the season, and having no preseason and a shortened camp... with all of those things stacked up against them they still won 10 games and are no longer the pushovers they once were.

Losing virtually out entire WR room to Covid this week killed our chance. Bad luck... but that is always the case with this team. Everything has to line up perfectly or the bad luck demon strikes us down. I am very hopeful that next year if we draft some really good players, we will finally break through and get into the postseason.

My hope for next week is, that we knock tiny out and send him off into retirement while killing any chance the squealers have in the playoffs. I know there isn't much chance of that but it sure would be sweet to retire him early and end the Steelers playoff hopes.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Legend
Legend
Umm, we’re currently the 7th seed. We’re in as of right now.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
If we beat Steelers are we automatically in. No matter what else happens?

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: slick
If we beat Steelers are we automatically in. No matter what else happens?

Correct.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
all we have to do is win

Should Cleveland beat Pittsburgh in its regular-season finale at FirstEnergy Stadium next week, the Browns would clinch one of the AFC's three Wild Card spots, ending the NFL's longest active postseason drought (17 years). It's as simple as that: win and Cleveland is in.

Meanwhile, should the Browns tie the Steelers, they would need one of the following outcomes to take place in order to clinch a playoff spot:

Colts lose or tie to Jacksonville Jaguars
Titans lose to the Green Bay Packers (Week 16) and Houston Texans (Week 17)
Baltimore Ravens lose to Cincinnati Bengals
Miami Dolphins loss to the Buffalo Bills
Titans earn at one loss and one tie in final two games, Ravens beat Bengals, Dolphins beat Bills

Even if Cleveland were to lose to the Steelers on Sunday, that alone wouldn't eliminate the Browns from postseason play. They could still qualify for the postseason with one of the following scenarios:

Colts lose to Jaguars
Titans lose to the Green Bay Packers (Week 16) and Houston Texans (Week 17), Dolphins win or tie vs. Bills, Ravens win or tie vs. Bengals

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Cleveland couldn't beat Pitt lost year with a QB named the Duck.

I think it's remote that Cleveland beats Pittsburgh. They need to learn not to crap the bed every time they have a golden opportunity to do something, like today.

I don't think the Browns are making the playoffs. There will be a lot of fans who think this season will be a success anyway. I just am not wired to think like that. I don't take a lot of joy in moral victories. The team squandered a golden opportunity to overcome what many people feel is a huge black cloud hanging over the team, and they just added to it.

Legend
Legend
It kinda felt like we started the game today really hesitant and gunshy. Maybe it was just all the new personnel, but still

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: Swish
Umm, we’re currently the 7th seed. We’re in as of right now.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
It kinda felt like we started the game today really hesitant and gunshy. Maybe it was just all the new personnel, but still

The issue was Baker predetermined that he would not trust those receivers and refused to look in their direction at the beginning of the game. He was forcing balls to the TEs and the offense never got into a rhythm. He should have just let the game come to him and throw to the open guy. They gave the Jets enough momentum and confidence, and ultimately Baker couldn't deliver when it mattered most.

I am also not a big fan of Hooper, and Baker kept trying to force him the ball. Part of the not getting in rhythm thing.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm sure what I have to say will get critiqued and will anger some which I am not trying to do but here goes. Again today our Browns, whom we all love, broke our hearts. There were at least a few reasons why and many opinions and that's fine. We all want to see them win a Super Bowl of course. All week we are going to discuss the Pittsburgh game and who needs to come back and what we have to do etc. Next Sunday will come, we will all sit down and watch the game( probably the rest of the country too) and you know what? they'll lose in some crazy bazaar way or maybe just get blown out and break our hearts again. There will be the usual posts on this board just like what we have going on now except it will go on longer because there is no game the following week. I expected this today after I heard the news late yesterday afternoon. I should have known better not to get my hopes up when we started to make the 2nd half comeback only to fall short and frustrate me again. I will watch the game next week because I love my Browns, tell myself not to get my hopes up no matter what, expect the worse and then be hurt and frustrated again next Sunday night. It's what it's like to be a Cleveland Browns fan and I don't know if another NFL fan knows exactly what that means. Lord help us.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 12/27/20 08:30 PM.
R
Legend
Legend
R
They'll lose next week because they are losers.

Until they are not.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Short, sweet and to the point: and probably true.

Legend
Legend
I’ll agree about Hooper ... he just seems “off” so far. And he seems way heftier than I remembered

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season NFL 2020 Post Season AFC Playoff Chase

Link Copied to Clipboard