Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yep, the problem with the McRib is the pickle, not the chemically engineered meat or sugar loaded bun... Hell the pickle is the ONLY healthy part of that sandwich. And all McDonald's food is straight garbage.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Do people actually eat McRibs because they like them?

Legend
Legend
My wife loves them.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I'm not a fan of the McRib thing ...... and I don;'t like bacon with ketchup, pickles, and/or mustard.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

McDonalds is nasty. Seeking out BBQ there is strange... off putting even. It’s like going to a plumber for a haircut. Just go find a BBQ joint. Support a real business/restaurant.
I have no idea what’s in a McRib but I can guess it’s not anything one would find on a pig.

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
I like McDonalds for what it is. Its not where I go when I want a cheeseburger; its where I go when I want a Big Mac or a Filet O' Fish, or usually, both. Plus I still think they have the best fast food french fries going. Its not like I eat it more than maybe once a month, but when I do, I like it.

M
Legend
Legend
M

About 10 years ago I was curious as to why the hype, of what surely must be an absolutely disgusting sandwich, each time the McRib makes an appearance so I decided to try one.

Ordered the McRib, lifted the bun and noticed what was molded to look like a rib slab with bones in to paint the whole picture. Took one bite. Immediately spit it back out in the wrapper, tossed the sandwich in trash and checked that experience off list of curiosities.

Legend
Legend

I do tongue

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Originally Posted By: FATE
Pickleback is a good shot.

We bring Jameson and pickle juice to every tailgate. wink

For yall that don't know what a Pickleback is....

You take a shot of whiskey (traditionally Jameson) and chase it with a shot of pickle juice.

It sounds gross, but it's actually really good. The pickle juice balances it so nicely.

I tried this because you said to and the relish got stuck in my throat.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
I like McDonalds for what it is. Its not where I go when I want a cheeseburger; its where I go when I want a Big Mac or a Filet O' Fish, or usually, both. Plus I still think they have the best fast food french fries going. Its not like I eat it more than maybe once a month, but when I do, I like it.

I agree, I go to McDonalds if I just need food and there isn't a better option available or if I just don't have time to find a better place. I know none of it is going to be great, or even good, but it's edible and it's consistent.

yebat' Putin
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Pickleback is a good shot.

We bring Jameson and pickle juice to every tailgate. wink

For yall that don't know what a Pickleback is....

You take a shot of whiskey (traditionally Jameson) and chase it with a shot of pickle juice.

It sounds gross, but it's actually really good. The pickle juice balances it so nicely.

I tried this because you said to and the relish got stuck in my throat.

lol you're not supposed to do a shot of relish. Pickle JUICE.

I'm glad you tried it. If I ever run into you I will buy you a shot of something. Something that doesn't have relish.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yes to pickles on a chicken sandwich... unless it somehow knocks the Browns out of the playoffs. Note to Chik-fil-a, how 'bout three pickle chips instead of two? I want pickle in every bite. Note to everyone else -- please don't stack all the pickles in one corner of the sandwich, be a sandwich artist, not a slacker!

When I build my spicy chicken sandwich on the Chik-Fil-A app. I always add pickles twice to get extra pickles.

Of course pickles belong on a chicken sandwich. I always asked Wendy (and Dairy Queen) to add them as well.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

The McRib is an idiotic pop-culture phenomenon. People like to get on social media and act ecstatic when it's coming back.

I live in Columbus, one of the fattest, foodiest cities in the world. To chose a sandwich that comes out of a rib-shaped mold over a savory smoked meat sandwich at any of our Barbecue joints would be asinine.

B
Legend
Legend
B
None the less, the McRib tastes great.

I wish they sold the BBQ sauce in stores like they do their coffee. The rib sauce is outstanding IMO.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Anyone that eats a McRib but refuses a vaccine ‘bECaUse We dON’t kNoW WhaT’s iN iT’ needs to be dragged behind a truck. (Hyperbole) Just sayin.

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
McRib McFacts...

“The nutrition facts are downright frightening. According to McDonald's own website, not only does the sandwich contain a whopping 500 calories—meaning you are getting 1/4 of your daily calories in one sandwich if you're on a standard 2000-calorie diet—it also has 240 calories from fat.”
“ McDonald's claims that the sandwich is composed primarily of shoulder meat. As it turns out, the truth is much less appetizing. Chicago Magazine broke the story that the ingredients actually consist of restructured meat products like heart, tripe, and scalded stomach.”
“ The sandwich has around 70 different ingredients and one that is particularly worrisome. That ingredient is a food additive called azodicarbonamide. This means that McAzodicarbonamide is also a more accurate name for the sandwich. Azodicarbonamide is a flour-bleaching agent that, when not used in McRib buns, inhabits gym mats, yoga mats, and the soles of shoes. Yum!

Azodicarbonamide is banned in Australia and Europe and is considered by England's Health and Safety Executive to be a respiratory sensitizer, possibly contributing to asthma through occupational exposure. The sandwich also contains ammonium sulfate and polysorbate 80.”

To add from the comments section...
“ The fact remains that Azodicarbonamide is a respiratory sensitizer and is therefore banned in Australia and Europe. The use of that product in Singapore can lead to a lengthy jail sentence. You are free to eat as much of it as you want to in America.”

McPoison
https://delishably.com/dining-out/five-disturbing-facts-about-the-mcrib

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
People pay a lot of money to eat heart, tripe, and stomach at those upscale nose to tail restaurants.

No Craps Given
D
Legend
Legend
D
I hate it when people feel like they have to tell me what's in a hot dog. Man, leave me alone, I LIKE hot dogs. You don't? Fine, don't eat them.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic

The McRib is an idiotic pop-culture phenomenon. People like to get on social media and act ecstatic when it's coming back.

I live in Columbus, one of the fattest, foodiest cities in the world. To chose a sandwich that comes out of a rib-shaped mold over a savory smoked meat sandwich at any of our Barbecue joints would be asinine.

It's like when McDonald's brought back, for a limited time, the Szechuan sauce for the McNuggets and everyone jiggled their way to the local McD's to wait in line for hours to make sure they got the sauce and couldn't wait to post it on social media.

O
Legend
Legend
O
When I was young there was a book that had gross food facts warning people of the types of things allowed in our food. It would list an item like peanut butter then talk about the acceptable amounts of insect parts, rat hairs, etc. from processing that was allowed in them. That book was absolutely mind blowing and good stuff to know but it never stopped me from eating the foods I like.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You can never get too much protein in your peanut butter.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
So, 33 years ago, as a youngin, I may have feld a lil pride that I liked Mcdonalds, and even make the joke on the trip to mcD just before they closed, that it was the 3rd trip that day.

Seriously think, maybe 450 times to mcdonalds in a year.

It couldn't last though because well, there are health things, that is the point. Sure we had uhh, hot flashes, high blood pressure, mood swings, cravings, uppers feeling after getting the fix.

then, 20 years ago, I saw the super size me movie. And thought, ehh it's exaggerated the problems, surely that'd never happen.

But, per chance I somewhere along the way started going to mcd's less often, maybe once a wee, maybe 2 times a month.

But recently went a lil more often, all I'm saying is yesterday,

While the Browns were playing, in the 3rd quarter, I troupsed to the mcdonalds and got 4, got Five sandwiches, regular ones,

ate 4 of em, (had the small fry, I do because I avoid the large fries since tha movie)

But I got to the, things I've always ignored, the chest tightness, the muscle tightness, (feeling like a blood clot in my neck), the feeling I've been given an overdose of salt, trying to stand up and walk around because sitting feels like my heart is under stress,
Trying to help myself digest it by chasing ice water

And it hits me, I've been doing this for 30 frickin years, and ignoring it.

So I tell myself, figure, it was the "4" which is more than i usualy get recently , especiall 4 sets of buns, anyway,

I felt better after 8am, but at 1 am I didn't. and, around 9 am I ate the 5th sandwich from the refridgerator.

I'm probably addicted to mcd's but uh, maybe I'll never go there again,
it tastes good, but d'yuhhh, I don't wanna die from lunch, kind of a buzz kill that is.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
When I was young there was a book that had gross food facts warning people of the types of things allowed in our food. It would list an item like peanut butter then talk about the acceptable amounts of insect parts, rat hairs, etc. from processing that was allowed in them. That book was absolutely mind blowing and good stuff to know but it never stopped me from eating the foods I like.

I know I've told this story before but.....

My Grandfather that immigrated from Northern Italy in 1906 swore on a meat/butcher shop on E. 152 that, according to him made the best Italian sausage in the world.

SWORE BY IT!!! THE BEST!!!

When they were shut down due to mice and rats falling into the grinder........

"THAT'S PROBABLY WHAT MADE IT SO GOOD"!!! willynilly

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
Speaking for myself, I love McDonald's breakfast stuff.

As far as their sandwiches ..... I'll have an occasional Big Mac, Filet of Fish, or Quarter Pounder With Cheese ...... but I really prefer Wendy's, or even Burger King's sandwiches. I used to like Burger King's onion rings, until I found out they are made of "onion paste". crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I had to rethink my eating habits after being diagnosed with diabetes so I could eventually not take meds for it. We were already eating much less fast food and I rarely ever went to McDonalds, but after my diagnosis we really cut it back to almost zero.

Growing up and through my 20s to early 30s, the Big Mac was my favorite fast food sandwich. After cutting it all out, if I eat one now, any McDonalds other than fries really, it just wrecks my digestive system. This makes it not even worth thinking about them any more, and I don't. Horrible food chain with horrible product if you ask me.

Those breakfast steak sandwiches were the bomb back in the day though, loved em.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

About 10 years ago I was curious as to why the hype, of what surely must be an absolutely disgusting sandwich, each time the McRib makes an appearance so I decided to try one.

Ordered the McRib, lifted the bun and noticed what was molded to look like a rib slab with bones in to paint the whole picture. Took one bite. Immediately spit it back out in the wrapper, tossed the sandwich in trash and checked that experience off list of curiosities.

That was hilarious.

We refused to let our kids eat McDonalds. At 6 years old, they went to a birthday party at McDonalds, and we caved. But they never, ever ask for it. Wasn't all that good to them.

I get a hankering for a Big Mac about once a year.

Otherwise, when you have an In-and-Out double double animal style in your backyard, why go anywhere else. I know you know what I'm talking about Milk.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Why do people like Big Macs? You like bread, and basically dressing?

M
Legend
Legend
M
I can only imagine the amount of In-N-Out wrappers littered throughout the cabin of that G600.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Last I checked it was 2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame bun.

And I wouldn't say I like them all that much. I just get a taste for one about once every 365 days.

R
Legend
Legend
R
You know what else I get a taste for about once/year? White castle. And usually, just like the Big Mac it was a much better idea before actually eating it.

We very rarely eat fast food except for of course, In-and-Out. But I put that a notch above fast food. It's damn near 5 star dining.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Big Mac's are 3 pieces of bread, a total of 3.2 ounces of "all beef", a variant of Thousand Island dressing, and some lettuce pickles and some type on onion.

3.2 oz of beef. The 1/4 pounder has the same amount. Note: 3.2 oz is NOT a 1/4 of a pound. (I know, they weigh the meat pre cooked).

https://weightofstuff.com/whats-the-weight-of-mcdonalds-burgers/

E
Legend
Legend
E
Yes. And it's still tastey.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
White Castle. Hmmmm.

In 1992, maybe 1993? A friend and I went to a Monday night football game in Indy. A friend of his, Brad Lamb, played for the Bills.

After the game, on our way home he wanted to stop in Anderson, Indiana, where he, and Brad, went to college, to get White Castle burgers.

I'd never had them before, and haven't had them since.

I woke up puking white castle burgers.

Had a church league basketball game against his team the next night. I said "Dave, did you puke this morning?" He said "yeah, did you?" Yup.

No desire for White Castle ever again in my life.

E
Legend
Legend
E
My favorite chicken sandwich is the worst of them all.

McChicken.

Not even a real chicken breast.

Composite chicken patty, mayo, lettuce. Costs like a buck.

But it's so tastey.

No Craps Given
R
Legend
Legend
R
Puking up white castles is part of the fun.

It's either that or I'm pretty sure it takes 6 months to digest.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Point is, the sandwich is 8.5 ounces, and only 3.2 ounces of that is meat. That's why I asked if he liked bread and "special" dressing, cause lettuce, pickles and what passes for onions .........well, you get the picture.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I did not have fun puking it. I will never eat it again. Even driving by a White Castle makes me gag a bit.

Legend
Legend
When I lived in Cleveland, White Castles were the post drinking meal of choice .... along with fries and onion chips.

I still buy the frozen White Castle sliders for when I catch a craving for one.

A
Legend
Legend
A
But, speaking of other food from McD's, I love a biscuit with sausage, egg and cheese. I get 1 about every 3 years or so. (as opposed to, 20 years ago, having 2 about 3 days a week).

So, this weekend, down at my son's for 2 days for Christmas, with me saying "we are NOT going out to eat".........fast forward to Sunday morning. Out of 6, the majority ruled and wanted McD's for breakfast.

Daughter and her boyfriend went to get it.

Got back, missing a sandwich - my son's biscuit with bacon and cheese. He was outside when my daughter got back, so I just said he can have my biscuit with egg and cheese - we'll just tell him they screwed his order up.

I had a hash brown, he was fine with what he had, and he never knew different.

I have about 2-3 more years before I get a biscuit with sausage egg and cheese from McD's.

E
Legend
Legend
E
McD's breakfast is really good.

Eggs
Bacon
Sausage
Bicuits
English Muffins
Pancakes
Hashbrowns
Coffee

Can't go wrong.

No Craps Given
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Should you put pickles on a chicken sandwich?

Link Copied to Clipboard