Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Legend
Legend
Great part-time work if you can find it! Count the number of games missed by secondary. All legit, I want them all healthy, but Coach Stef has done a great job of slapping patches on this team.

I have only a dream as to how good we might be.

Just win, baby.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Rumors on twitter of mask-less players in the facility and a party that took place following the Giants game

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. We have the makings of an excellent secondary if we can get everyone back healthy and they can STAY on the field.

1st String
1st String
Yeah as really hope that they can get healthy. As hate it that everybody took it out on Baker. You can only do so much.

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Rumors on twitter of mask-less players in the facility and a party that took place following the Giants game

And probably better that it stays on Twitter. The guy who posted it is just a guy with a Twitter account. In a later tweet he said players are dming him saying it's not true.

The fact is if these players are all getting it from the same source the NFL and the Browns will know through the studies they are doing. So far they have stated that the positives are all from outside sources.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yeah, the outside source is the problem.

Jim Donovan alluded to people not wearing masks in the facility last week, which sucks if true as well.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

Jim Donovan alluded to people not wearing masks in the facility last week, which sucks if true as well.

Rocket mentioned this in the game day chat but I didn't get his source. One of the guys in the recovery tub.

Last edited by Pdawg; 12/31/20 07:58 PM.

#gmstrong
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
It doesn't matter what I think, 'cause I'm sure the players believe they can win Sunday, but if we do win it will be an amazing feat. That said, just remember the names of players who will be re-activated: Teller, Landry, Higgins, Wills, Peoples-Jones, Hodge, Taki, Phillips...not too shabby.

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 12/31/20 10:34 PM.
Legend
Legend

If true, then this coach and team needs to be fined heavily and we should probably lose Draft pick. We've earned that.

I don't care if you don't like or agree with the rules, or if you are sick of them because of how long it has been going on.... play by the rules, or get bitten.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Yeah I agree ... gotta follow the rules, especially now. I hope it isnot true, but I trust Donovan to be truthful

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dave
I'm not Nostradamus (like some of you seem to think you are), but I still think we're going to win the game. Two words: Mason Rudolph; take a deep breath, guys.

If I end up being wrong, so be it, but I'll be damned if I'm throwing in the towel because we lost a CB who has already missed as much time as Ward has.

Browns win Sunday 34-17.

Call me nostradumbass.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife

Call me nostradumbass.

You're definitely that.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife

Call me nostradumbass.

You're definitely that.

Sorry, I didn't realize I was on your lawn.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Not having Ward isn't that big of a deal. We are accustomed to not having him available multiple games at a time.

Face it, Pandora's box has been opened. Between today(Fri) and tomorrow, I would expect to lose 3-4 more players, probably defensive backs.

If I was with the Steelers, I wouldn't want to play our infected team. My starters wouldn't even go to Cleveland. None of them, and maybe even a few key back-up's stay home.

The one's that do, they get off the bus and head straight to isolation trailers, assuming they can find a bus driver willing to drive them back. Those guys are usually pretty old after having driven for Greyhound for 35 years.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree Ward only plays about half the games.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Question. When I like a topic and hit the like underneath it It never goes on the list with the others. Am I doing something wrong? I am logged in.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 01/01/21 09:23 AM.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Not having Ward isn't that big of a deal. We are accustomed to not having him available multiple games at a time.

Face it, Pandora's box has been opened. Between today(Fri) and tomorrow, I would expect to lose 3-4 more players, probably defensive backs.

If I was with the Steelers, I wouldn't want to play our infected team. My starters wouldn't even go to Cleveland. None of them, and maybe even a few key back-up's stay home.

The one's that do, they get off the bus and head straight to isolation trailers, assuming they can find a bus driver willing to drive them back. Those guys are usually pretty old after having driven for Greyhound for 35 years.

rofl

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Question. When I like a topic and hit the like underneath it It never goes on the list with the others. Am I doing something wrong? I am logged in.

The list will only show people other than you. You already know you liked it, so you don't need to see your name in the list; it only shows you the others. What you will see is that next to where it said 'Like' you will see You like this and the 'Like' text will switch to 'Unlike'.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Legend
Legend
Hats off for that bit of clever! LOLetc. That made me laugh out loud. Just funny it struck me.

If we aren't totally controlling our facilities and following and enforcing our protocols, something is wrong, and and needs fixed brutally if possible.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Thank you Purp. appreciate the response and Happy New Year to you.!!!

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I'm going to ask this question again...

"Are other NFL teams having the same difficulties that the Browns have had keeping their franchises safe from Covid-19?"

It seems that the Browns have the worst timing and the worst luck compared to the rest of the NFL.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
C
Legend
Legend
C

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: mac
I'm going to ask this question again...

"Are other NFL teams having the same difficulties that the Browns have had keeping their franchises safe from Covid-19?"

It seems that the Browns have the worst timing and the worst luck compared to the rest of the NFL.

Yup same old Browns.

I personally don't think it's coincidental that our outbreaks follow the 10-day incubation period after playing Lamar Jackson while he was still showing symptoms in the game we played him.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
good news

Legend
Legend

Right now it is about getting all the players on covid back on the team.

Maybe for this game we can survive because the Steelers are resting key guys. Our offense is pretty much intact.

If we do win though. We need our whole team.

Ward is a key player on defense. He can handle big time receivers. When we get a pass rush Ward is very important. When we don't get the rush he is important.

Goodson calls plays on defense and plays a big role.

We are not good enough to be missing starters.

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Good luck Callie! We’ll need ya

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Alvin Kamar tested positive Friday, they say on ESPN if he stays a systematic he can play next week, how is that possible?

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
Alvin Kamar tested positive Friday, they say on ESPN if he stays a systematic he can play next week, how is that possible?

Because he doesn't play for the browns

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: slick
Originally Posted By: Frenchy

Because he doesn't play for the browns
yeah, they’ve already said he could play Sunday ... so that means Ward should be good Saturday or Sunday given the timelines .. we’ll see

Legend
Legend
I may be wrong but I thought Ward would be out if we play Saturday, but in if we play Sunday.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend

For the early risers: A #Browns source told me this morning they were informed the facility is closed this am until further notice, & they received instruction just to test & attend virtual meetings until further information is received.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

For the early risers: A #Browns source told me this morning they were informed the facility is closed this am until further notice, & they received instruction just to test & attend virtual meetings until further information is received.

Had a feeling it would come to this...As even the last time the NFL gave the Browns the green light to open, they remained closing the facility anyway for that day. I'm just hoping this all preventative, and not because others will be popping up on a Covid contact list.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Maybe we can get some players from Ohio State to fill in. They looked pretty good last night. Congrats to them!!!!

Legend
Legend

I'm told there is a 'presumptive positive on a coach' and that coach is expected to get retested this morning, per source.

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1345355699212185600

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 01/02/21 10:08 AM.

#gmSTRONG
1st String
1st String
Every day it's something. I'm over this covid stuff.

All Pro
All Pro
Is it the WR coach?

"GET OUT OF THE POOL!"

Sorry, watched Bill Burr last night.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I’m at the Covid-fatigue point ... it would be nice to make the playoffs ... if not, at least we’re done hearing about this stuff for our sake

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns/COVID | Part 2 | UGH

Link Copied to Clipboard