Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Apparently he's only missed 3 FG and 4XP all season, seems much more.

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: Moxdawg
Originally Posted By: bonefish

When wind and other weather is not a issue.

Kickers need to be at 98%+ for extra points.

40 yards and under 90%+ .

I have little patience for kickers that can not make extra points.

I mean all you do is practice one thing. No contact.

Few variables.

Make the damn kick. Parkey cost the Ravens game. A effing extra point and a 38 yard field goal.

You would think that with only 32 teams that you could find a reliable kicker. Think of all the colleges that there are. All have kickers.

Damn kickers
This×100
32 teams and approximately 893 Football College's (I looked it up) how many go unnoticed? Send a scout to find the next Phil Dawson

Just like that?

I'm not too sure about this FO anymore... as they willingly haven't locked down the kicker position, since it's as easy as you describe.
little Testy I see! Just an opinion! We expect the FO to find Good ( pick your position ) but not FG kickers!

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Because a good chunk of it has been very recently.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
And very costly.
A missed XP or FG in a blowout means little. He’s (helped) cost us a game or two.

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Because a good chunk of it has been very recently.
and I think the FO has done great the last year. Happy with the Coach, many of the picks and I actually am happy with Baker Mayfield (I honestly believe the Haters are Buckeye fans)
I just can't understand why kicking is so difficult for a position where you never get touched and if by chance you do it's a 15yd penalty! Get up early and practice kicking the ball. Think about all the other positions on the field and you'll find no other except maybe punter easier! I understand the pressure of missing the kick can cost a game but QB miss a throw cost a game, LB miss tackle cost a game and so on.
I stand by what I said. Outside of bad weather, you have one job so MAKE THE KICK!

Legend
Legend

One of those was blocked due to no fault of his own. But don't worry some Browns fans will find a way to blame the block on him, and the 40 MPH winds on another one, it's all his fault for not being perfect. Hell if every player we have ever had was held to those standards even Jim Brown would need to be cut by our fans standards today. notallthere

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
By today's standards Goodell would probably have him suspended under some personal conduct policy. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
and Goodell would then be ten times the ass he already is.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
That would be a lot of ass right there.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

LOL

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are!

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Parkey also plays Soccer:

P
Legend
Legend
P
And here I thought it was the color safety yellow causing the problem. Who knew?

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
The Scottish hammer can do the job anytime!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
B
Legend
Legend
B

It seems that way because he is our kicker. If people actually took the time to look at kicking stats they would find that Parkey is pretty much in line with most kickers in the league.

If people don't like our kicker missing 4 of 44, maybe we should go for 2pts every time and see how that averages out.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
It's not that he's missed 4 of 44, it's that most of those four have been down the stretch of the season when pressure is mounting.

Clearly they're gonna ride with him for at least another week... I pray he comes through if he's needed.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
Legend
Legend
Brilliant. LOLetc.

I understand that he has been decent overall. Only missed, what is it, four? But those four were huge kicks. His trend in the later part of the season is not reassuring for me. Start some yoga or driving school or whatever.

Picture made me laugh right out loud!

Go, Browns! Carry parked if needs be. Don't let this come down to a kick today.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
All Pro
All Pro
He just needs a doink to go in and I think his confidence will be fine. It's not like he's sailing them off by 10 yards.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

It seems that way because he is our kicker. If people actually took the time to look at kicking stats they would find that Parkey is pretty much in line with most kickers in the league.

If people don't like our kicker missing 4 of 44, maybe we should go for 2pts every time and see how that averages out.

Just like with any other position in the NFL stats don't tell the whole picture.

If you miss 4XP in meaningless moments that didn't matter by the end of the game nobody cares.

Parkey's problem is that he gives in to pressure. He misses at critical moments not because of his skill but because he gets nervous. He's a liability in big moments, which is exactly when you want your kicker to come through.

Phil Dawson used to miss kicks but in all the years he played for us I can only remember ONE being in a game winning/losing situation. Parkey already has lost us 1 (maybe 2 depending how critical you wanna be) in a year.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And when it happened to Phil that one time, it happened in one year too.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bigdatut
It's not that he's missed 4 of 44, it's that most of those four have been down the stretch of the season when pressure is mounting.

Clearly they're gonna ride with him for at least another week... I pray he comes through if he's needed.

One of those 4 was backed up 15 yards because of Landry.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, Parkey sucked yesterday.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: atgolds
A good kicker will not be sitting at home during the season.

I don't know, that kicker the Steelers rolled out yesterday, Matthew Wright, was sitting home all season until the Steelers needed him at the beginning of December and he has been perfect for 3 games and everything was right down the heart yesterday.

yebat' Putin
T
Legend
Legend
T

no, no.
Well 1st of all, I came here to say this thread is a stupid idea of something to read, all week long for a kicker to read
When the team is in a PLAYOFF game, which is important, for the teams' Gravitas around the league.

1st B-edly The Kicker was a major problem opening day, and they had all off season to fix it, and he missed all his kicks, (which later proved to be, since in Baltimores stadium, probably cheating by the birds team franchise imo) but

Parkey! is the guy who joined the team after opening day, TO SAVE THE FREAKING DAY!, because other guy missed every kick on opening day, (probably hit the upright during the kickoff)

But Parkey came in to save the day.

That, for the original poster, and secondly.

I don't agree with this, .. "Patriarchial "I'll turn this car around" type of theme fo this post that threatens, Well we might as well just go for 2 every time then

Kind of thing to make people feel bad for expecting the frickin, NFL team, that represents the city of Cleveland, Cleveland OHIO, can have an expectation That the kicker's reliable.

It's the Kicker, sure he only does one kick and has all the variables,
Most players are fighting another Man, he's mostly fighting the elements, and physics, though there is some crossover of the D-rush time frame and stuff.

He's not throwing passes with Dion Sanders in the DB,
or going LT against Myles, or DE against Joe Thomas, or stopping any #1 WR from making a catch,
He's the kicker,
Practice makes perfect: err ish.

... Which reminds me.

Why is it! in pre game photo ops we see, BEN, or other starting Steeler QB, tossing the ball around,

but Baker, pre game, .. arms folded, not tossing the ball around?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend

It's also when he chose to miss them... the ones he missed against the Ravens were critical... and since so many of our games seem to come down to an on-side kick attempt or a 2-point conversion to seal a victory... so league-averages be damned, we value every freaking point.

yebat' Putin
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

It's also when he chose to miss them... the ones he missed against the Ravens were critical... and since so many of our games seem to come down to an on-side kick attempt or a 2-point conversion to seal a victory... so league-averages be damned, we value every freaking point.

Well, go find us a kicker who doesn't miss kicks. Evidently nobody in the NFL knows how to do that. You would probably make some big money.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Well, go find us a kicker who doesn't miss kicks. Evidently nobody in the NFL knows how to do that. You would probably make some big money.

i wasn't disagreeing with you.. just stating that if he had exactly the same stats but had missed an XP and a FG in a game we won by two touchdowns (or even one of the games we lost by 30 points), nobody would really remember them... but you miss an XP and a FG from inside 40 in a division game that we lose on a last second FG and those things stick with people...

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
If only he could pick and choose to only miss kicks when we were being blown out or had a three touchdown lead that would be great! I'm sure you can see the dripping sarcasm in my post. wink

Seems he was pretty clutch in a close Steelers game when the playoffs were on the line. Does that count as clutch?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yes, his game against the Steelers is a check in his favor against his total body of work.

If a QB has 8 INTs in a season, everybody would consider that a really good year.... if they were all in the first or second quarter spread out throughout the year, nobody would care. If 5 of them were on the final drive of a 1 score game.. people would be very critical.

Sorry, that's just how things work. Some games are more important than others, some segments in the game are more important than others.. and those who perform when it's most important, get the benefit of the doubt over those who just put up stats.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you agree with me but I'm still wrong? Got it. wink

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
You’re never wrong, pit.

NEVER!!!

EVER!!!

That’s become apparent to me.

The next time you admit you were wrong it’ll be the first time.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
P
Legend
Legend
P
You haven't been following the threads then. Just in the past few days I have been corrected at least twice on matters and owned right up to it.

Obviously you're just slightly behind the curve. wink

I didn't keep score but the one I remember off the top of my head was for some reason I though Haslam owned the team when the staff infections were running rampant. It was pointed out I was wrong. I had no problem agreeing with it.

If you're just going to spout BS, try and know what you're talking about.

Thanks in advance.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Staph. Just saying.

P
Legend
Legend
P
No problem. I wasn't paying attention and made a mistake.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Staph. Just saying.

rofl

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Staph. Just saying.

rofl
]

Actually we currently have a Staff infection going on...

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Staph is moire serious, neh?

Stupid keyboard. naughtydevil

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Legend
Legend
P
Awe. Troll much? I am glad we officially have a board editor though. He must be a volunteer because I'm sure the budget doesn't allow for that.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You haven't been following the threads then. Just in the past few days I have been corrected at least twice on matters and owned right up to it.

Obviously you're just slightly behind the curve. wink

I didn't keep score but the one I remember off the top of my head was for some reason I though Haslam owned the team when the staff infections were running rampant. It was pointed out I was wrong. I had no problem agreeing with it.

If you're just going to spout BS, try and know what you're talking about.

Thanks in advance.

Oh. Sorry I wasn’t aware of those two times.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum When will we replace Parkey?

Link Copied to Clipboard