Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
GMdawg #1840747 01/12/21 07:12 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
I am sorry bro. I got bad news also. Our All school reunion )held every five years was postponed last year until 2021. Last week it was canceled until the next one in 2015. Usually that's no big deal for most folks but for me I have no clue if I will be around for that one. It breaks mt heart that I my have missed my last chance to spend time with my friends from High School. frown

Last edited by FATE; 01/12/21 07:13 PM.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Just got what I expect to be the beginning of a long chain of bad news. One of the music festivals I work every summer just notified me that they won’t be holding the event in 2021. My expectation is I’ll be getting similar emails from the other event producers I work with in the coming weeks.

Looks like 2021 is going to be another concert free summer.

To everyone that ‘just wants to get back to normal’ but refuses to act in a way that could get us there... screw you. You’re the reason why we won’t get back to normal for at least another year. If not longer. Well done.

What festival?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
read that - crazy...

<><

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg
Just got what I expect to be the beginning of a long chain of bad news. One of the music festivals I work every summer just notified me that they won’t be holding the event in 2021. My expectation is I’ll be getting similar emails from the other event producers I work with in the coming weeks.

Looks like 2021 is going to be another concert free summer.

To everyone that ‘just wants to get back to normal’ but refuses to act in a way that could get us there... screw you. You’re the reason why we won’t get back to normal for at least another year. If not longer. Well done.

What festival?

Sorry but I can’t say right now as it’s not my business to make the announcements public. Promoters email me and other artists, vendors, and production crew directly to inform us. They’ll be making the public aware shortly. February is when tickets for summer events typically start going on sale. The summer concert/festival promoters will soon be making it known that their events aren’t happening. Once they go public I can come back here and post, or you can pm me and ask directly.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Just ask Eve. She knows all about viruses and pandemics unlike healthcare professionals. She lacks the understanding that many nations have better control of this virus than America does. She lacks the concept that if everyone wore masks and used social distancing there would be far fewer deaths.

She refuses to admit that she has been a part of the problem, not part of the solution and somehow that's your fault.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
But no one told her some people could have mild symptoms... you know... no one... except EVERYONE. How could she have possibly known? I mean drinking at the bar in her town was safe because people actively on ventilators weren’t drinking there, right?

[Linked Image]
GMdawg #1841080 01/13/21 10:10 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ok just how many of you know somebody who died, or was seriously effected by covid-19? I am hoping to get a honest account from my Browns brothers.

My wife's 41yo daughter is going thru all the symptoms now. My wife is taking her to get tested tomorrow morning. They're both RN'S so.....

Wondered why her and the grandkids(10 and 7yr's old) didn't spend Friday this past week over grandma and grandpas.

My wife's older sister's daughter(niece) and her daughters husband both had it. One might say both were/are grossly overweight but made it thru it.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

GMdawg #1841254 01/14/21 02:24 PM
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
3 family members which I am including one person who isn't blood but has been part of the family for decades.

I am getting the Moderna shot tomorrow, first one. I work on a military base with families and kids so if I get sick, contact tracing/quarantine could be a lot of staff and we need staff to staff daycare.

The wife and I used to eat out quite a bit over the few years we've been down here, we only ate out once last year since Covid19 and that was at a Waffle House last month.

I miss all the great eateries we went to here in North Carolina. Can't wait to get back to normal.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: bluecollarball
3 family members which I am including one person who isn't blood but has been part of the family for decades.

I am getting the Moderna shot tomorrow, first one. I work on a military base with families and kids so if I get sick, contact tracing/quarantine could be a lot of staff and we need staff to staff daycare.

The wife and I used to eat out quite a bit over the few years we've been down here, we only ate out once last year since Covid19 and that was at a Waffle House last month.

I miss all the great eateries we went to here in North Carolina. Can't wait to get back to normal.

Support those you can by ordering takeout. Certain things hold up well on a drive home. Last night I had a lamb shawarma plate from a local Mediterranean joint. The falafel, hummus, the meat was just as delicious when I got home as it would have been to eat it there pre COVID. I wouldn’t do a steak joint, or breakfast foods like scrabbled eggs, but most restaurant foods hold up well until you get home.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Authentic Mexican food is delicious whether it's hot/warm/cold (imo).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
GMdawg #1841278 01/14/21 03:51 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
US records deadly new milestone: More than 4,300 COVID-19 deaths in 1 day

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/us-records-deadly-new-milestone-more-than-4300-covid-19-deaths-in-1-day

superconfused

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/us-records-deadly-new-milestone-more-than-4300-covid-19-deaths-in-1-day

superconfused

It's really sad that we've completely lost control when we are only a month or two away from Vaccines protecting the majority of the most vulnerable people.

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Support those you can by ordering takeout. Certain things hold up well on a drive home. Last night I had a lamb shawarma plate from a local Mediterranean joint.

thumbsup Somebody say "Shawarma"? There's a place near us called Shawarmaholic. We get takeout from there at least once a week. I don't know what they season that meat with, but it's addicting. whether you get beef, lamb or chicken. A build your own plate is 9.50 and they give you enough of everything to last a couple meals. You can get a huge premade shawarma for 6.00. I love that place.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
GMdawg #1841375 01/14/21 10:19 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Just learned 2 separate people died, heard in the last 10 minutes.

couldn't be from more distant parts of life's past but still. Six degrees of separation,
xed up world.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: bluecollarball

Support those you can by ordering takeout. Certain things hold up well on a drive home. Last night I had a lamb shawarma plate from a local Mediterranean joint. The falafel, hummus, the meat was just as delicious when I got home as it would have been to eat it there pre COVID. I wouldn’t do a steak joint, or breakfast foods like scrabbled eggs, but most restaurant foods hold up well until you get home.

Takeout is what we do. Musashi's, Smithfield Chicken, there is a great Mexican place here we get often. And I leave larger tips. I've been working through all this so I spread the wealth as much as I can.

My wife gave her hair stylist a fifty when she first opened back up. She has kids, we don't, we've been able to pay our bills she hasn't.

I am a firm believer in helping others out.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: TTTDawg
Ok just how many of you know somebody who died, or was seriously effected by covid-19? I am hoping to get a honest account from my Browns brothers.

My wife's 41yo daughter is going thru all the symptoms now. My wife is taking her to get tested tomorrow morning. They're both RN'S so.....

Wondered why her and the grandkids(10 and 7yr's old) didn't spend Friday this past week over grandma and grandpas.

My wife's older sister's daughter(niece) and her daughters husband both had it. One might say both were/are grossly overweight but made it thru it.

Good news. Daughter tested negative. Still sick.....but not from covid.

GMdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
*Doing a slow clap with a smile on my face*

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1841641 01/15/21 06:09 PM
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Was informed today a co worker contracted covid.As luck would have it I spent a few hours with him on Mon.
Got tested today,awaiting the results.I feel like a million bucks,was in the gym this AM,strong like a horse and smell like one.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: BCbrownie
Was informed today a co worker contracted covid.As luck would have it I spent a few hours with him on Mon.
Got tested today,awaiting the results.I feel like a million bucks,was in the gym this AM,strong like a horse and smell like one.

You got tested and then went to the gym?

~Lyuokdea
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Lyuokdea
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

superconfused

It's really sad that we've completely lost control when we are only a month or two away from Vaccines protecting the majority of the most vulnerable people.

I hope you are right, but I am afraid it will be longer than that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
You have that backwards,I'm not an idiot.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: BCbrownie
You have that backwards,I'm not an idiot.

My bad - apologies...

~Lyuokdea
GMdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I'm scheduled for my first round of the vaccine next week.

GMdawg #1841731 01/16/21 07:45 AM
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L

Good news!

~Lyuokdea
GMdawg #1841747 01/16/21 09:09 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B

Good deal.

here I see signs they are out of vaccine. I think they are still trying to give it to folks 75 and up and people deemed necessary.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
GMdawg #1841791 01/16/21 12:45 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P

Thrilled to hear this my friend!

#gmstrong
GMdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Next week is for 80 and up in Ohio The week after in ohio is for 75 and up plus those with qualifying health conditions. They looked at my medical records and moved me up a week lol

GMdawg #1844185 01/21/21 03:44 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Finally!
I was out seeing patients this morning when my girlfriend called me. She doesn’t call me when she knows I’m with clients. So I knew I needed to answer... she found a vaccine clinic website to get me signed up. She, also a nurse, managed to find one and get jabbed this past Sunday. Ever since she’s been on the search to get me vaccinated too. Today she scored. Big. I was able to sign up for mine at noon tomorrow. I turned my coworkers onto the clinic after I got my appointment lined up. Many of them jumped on it. Over the next few days me and many of my coworkers will finally get their first dose.
A huge relief for me and my teammates. I won’t lie it’s made me a little emotional. This has been the hardest year of my 23 year career. I’m a ‘roll with the punches’ sort of guy, but the underlying stress of all this has been weighty. I feel at least some semblance of hope and relief.
The reality is this virus is likely going to be with us for longer than anyone really wants to admit. But if I can keep my 48 year old self from severe illness I’ll take it as a step in the right direction.
I’d encourage you all to roll up your sleeves when the time comes for you to do your part.
Be safe everyone.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Glad to hear it Portland! You are in a far more precarious position than most of us are.

#gmstrong
GMdawg #1844241 01/21/21 07:54 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I can see police, jail guards, etc dealing with people all day getting the shot but.....

Some Geauga County inmates get COVID-19 vaccine ahead of elderly
by: Peggy Gallek
Updated: Jan 21, 2021 / 04:31 PM EST

CHARDON, Ohio (WJW)– While many elderly are still waiting to get the COVID-19 vaccine, the FOX 8 I-Team learned some inmates at the Geauga County Jail have already received one.

Geauga County Sheriff Scott Hildenbrand confirmed that 15 inmates and 30 jail employees received the vaccine last week.

Marc’s begins administering COVID-19 vaccines to those eligible
Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine created a vaccine rollout plan, saying that the goal is to make sure the most vulnerable populations are receiving their shots first.

When we asked the sheriff why the inmates got the vaccine before the elderly were even eligible to receive the shot, he said we should ask Geauga County Health Commissioner Tom Quade. The sheriff stressed he did not ask for the inmates to be vaccinated. He said the health department contacted his office, saying they were going to give the injections to the inmates that wanted one.

“I just assumed we are in line for it and that’s the way you do it,” the sheriff said. “To me, the most important thing was that our corrections officers got it because we got three people out right now and if we lose employees, it disrupts the entire county.”

The sheriff said only the inmates being held on state charges were asked if they wanted the vaccine. A few did not want it. The inmates being housed in the jail on federal charges were not included.

Quade said he believes the inmates were eligible for the vaccine.

“It really wasn’t any big deal,” Quade said. “That first group of eligible people included all congregate settings and so as a public health guy, I consider a jail a congregate setting.”

But the Ohio Department of Health disagreed.

“It is important for our vaccine providers to follow the guidance and the Phase 1B plan that has been laid out by the Governor and ODH so that we have enough vaccine to make sure the most vulnerable populations are receiving their shots first,” Melanie Amato, press secretary for the ODH, said in a release sent to the FOX 8 I-Team.

“While vaccinating inmates and county jail staff are important for stopping the spread in a congregate setting, those that meet the current criteria of 80 plus and those in Phase 1A and 1B should be the only ones receiving the vaccine at this time. Prisons and county jails should have a proper process in place to vaccinate these individuals when their priority group is announced, but not before.”

The I-Team has shown that some elderly are having trouble getting the vaccine. The city of Cleveland received only 200 doses for more than 10,000 of its oldest senior citizens.

https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/some-geauga-county-inmates-get-covid-19-ahead-of-elderly/

GMdawg #1844440 01/22/21 04:09 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Just got my first dose. Still sitting in the post vaccination line meant to monitor us for 15 minutes. I got the Moderna vaccine. Stung a little but that’s it so far. Guess I’ll know soon if I have a severe reaction, and tomorrow I’ll know if my arm hurts, body aches, etc...
One down, one to go. The next one is scheduled for 2/19. Ten days after that I should be fairly safe from advanced COVID illness.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I got this photo of Portland leaving the vaccination center, looks healthy.

yebat' Putin
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
I got this photo of Portland leaving the vaccination center, looks healthy.

You sure that is after the shot? wink

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
So I have to ask, because maybe some of you more scientific folks might be able to give some insight.

If this thing is here, and spreads this easily. Antibodies only last a couple/few months, the vaccine may only be good for 6ish months, then essentially this thing is here forever.

Like the seasonal flu, it's just going to keep going around and around. So what's the hope for the future?

If that is the case, there is always hope for the future.

We may see it as hopeless, but in time people won't. It wasn't all that long ago that it was pretty common for a family to lose a child or two to childhood disease and for adults to kick in their 30's. If you made it in to your 60's you were beating the odds.

I am not taking unnecessary chances, but I don't just sit in my basement and mope. Screw that. I am getting tired of Dr. Fauci. I respect the guy, and follow guidelines as best possible but I refuse to simply sit around the rest of my life. The problem is they don't know what to say, so it's the same message over and over. We went out yesterday for lunch. We wore masks in and any time we left the table. We sanitize our hands and we eat anything we order with a fork. We also make space. We plan on a trip over to Gatlinburg in the next week or so, just to get away for a few days. We hit the room and wipe down all the usual spots.

We follow guidelines, we don't make stupid decisions and are mindful of others.

I guess for us, we are in the golden years and we have some money to burn, places to go, things to see. We have come to the conclusion we aren't going to sit around waiting to die to try to avoid it.

We choose to live the life we have, not wait for the life we might have.

When we are deemed necessary people, we will get our shots. For now, we are expendable, so screw it, we are going to live it out as long as it lasts.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
I guess for us, we are in the golden years and we have some money to burn, places to go, things to see. We have come to the conclusion we aren't going to sit around waiting to die to try to avoid it.

We choose to live the life we have, not wait for the life we might have.

When we are deemed necessary people, we will get our shots. For now, we are expendable, so screw it, we are going to live it out as long as it lasts.

peen...Believe me, I understand that the frustration builds the longer we wait for "the shot" that we hope will restore some "normalcy" to our lives.

I look at it this way, the wife and I have sacrificed this long, strictly following the covid-19 guidelines in an effort to remain healthy and covid-free...I'm not about to slip up now and give in to impatience and take unnecessary risks...

...but I do understand and will not blame anyone for doing what they feel is best for themselves...take care, mac

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #1844623 01/23/21 12:20 PM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I want to add this bit of news...

LARRY KING passed away this morning, due to covid.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
GMdawg #1844627 01/23/21 12:26 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
N95 masks should be sent to every citizen in this country. The note attached should read that you’re mandated to wear it in any public setting, period, for the next 4 weeks. Everywhere. Work, grocery shopping, ANY public place. Anyone caught/reported not complying will be fined significantly.
If we did this this virus would shrink dramatically in a month’s time.

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
N95 masks should be sent to every citizen in this country. The note attached should read that you’re mandated to wear it in any public setting, period, for the next 4 weeks. Everywhere. Work, grocery shopping, ANY public place. Anyone caught/reported not complying will be fined significantly.

With respect, it might.

I am good about wearing a mask, but walking around by myself, not passing people, say in a parking lot to or from the store, i am not wearing a mask.

Believe me, I am not some anti-masker.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
GMdawg #1844665 01/23/21 04:25 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A coworker's wife caught it and died last week, she was 43.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

With respect, it might.

I am good about wearing a mask, but walking around by myself, not passing people, say in a parking lot to or from the store, i am not wearing a mask.

Believe me, I am not some anti-masker.

I guess I should have clarified. Any public setting that’s indoors, or crowded outdoor spaces. A plant nursery, a busy hiking trail, etc. Walking behind someone on a trail expelling a large viral load is less and less safe as this virus has now mutated to become more infectious with smaller dose exposure.
Four very dedicated weeks as a nation wearing N95s the rates would drop precipitously. Six to eight weeks we’d be so close to ‘normal’ again... alas.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... New covid topic

Link Copied to Clipboard