Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
GMdawg #1844672 01/23/21 06:58 PM
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Just in case anyone is wondering about getting the vaccine, I had received the fist dose of the Moderna shot late afternoon, and all I had was a sore arm. A little sorer than the flu shot but I was fine and the arm soreness went completely away by the following evening.

I had the shot with about 50 fellow co-workers and all said the same thing. No big side effects.

The second dose, I was told, tends to be worse according to Navy staff. So, we'll see in a month...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
N95 masks should be sent to every citizen in this country. The note attached should read that you’re mandated to wear it in any public setting, period, for the next 4 weeks. Everywhere. Work, grocery shopping, ANY public place. Anyone caught/reported not complying will be fined significantly.
If we did this this virus would shrink dramatically in a month’s time.

Step in a puddle, then lift your foot. What is displaced comes right back. It is absolutely no different than when it got it's first foothold here. If there truly are now strains even more infectious, and if the science is correct that you can still spread it before showing symptoms, then it even further validates that.

You are NOT going to eradicate it with masks. ANY such thought is purely ludicrous and not connected to reality, at all. All you're doing is putting the entire nation in masks. Four weeks, eight weeks, twelve weeks... it doesn't matter, because as soon as you're not in them, unless you eradicate it GLOBALLY SIMULTANEOUSLY, the puddle is popping right back into place.

Beyond that, the case numbers are about to plummet now that WHO has stated they've been using a cycle threshold WAAAAY too high; high enough that even one particle in the sample gets amplified to the point of being a positive. Lower Ct will automatically result in fewer positives, and so - voila - we've lowered the spread.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Step in a puddle, then lift your foot. What is displaced comes right back. It is absolutely no different than when it got it's first foothold here. If there truly are now strains even more infectious, and if the science is correct that you can still spread it before showing symptoms, then it even further validates that.

You are NOT going to eradicate it with masks. ANY such thought is purely ludicrous and not connected to reality, at all. All you're doing is putting the entire nation in masks. Four weeks, eight weeks, twelve weeks... it doesn't matter, because as soon as you're not in them, unless you eradicate it GLOBALLY SIMULTANEOUSLY, the puddle is popping right back into place.

Beyond that, the case numbers are about to plummet now that WHO has stated they've been using a cycle threshold WAAAAY too high; high enough that even one particle in the sample gets amplified to the point of being a positive. Lower Ct will automatically result in fewer positives, and so - voila - we've lowered the spread.

What?

~Lyuokdea
GMdawg #1844701 01/23/21 09:43 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Next week is for 80 and up in Ohio The week after in ohio is for 75 and up plus those with qualifying health conditions. They looked at my medical records and moved me up a week lol

A smaller country, ok,

I heard this day, Israel, is going to start vaccinating teens,
part of the story said, Israel, who has vaccinated more of theirs than anywhere else,
is vaccinating anyone 16 years old or up.

So they're vaccinating everybody, and-- their getting it done faster.

Here in the USA, they're dragging their feet trying to make sure nobody but the very 1st person in line gets finished, before they go to anybody else,
and-- they keep having cases of doses getting spoiled.

Personaly I consider this the 100 year flu.
If it rolls around to September before I can get a vaccine because I need to get behind all the special interest groups
then it's probably not worth it, because they'll have a new and improved, must get version by next flu season,
and this isn't the 100-and-one year flu.

P
Legend
Legend
P
He got by by using the word "eradicate". No, wearing a mask won't "eradicate" the virus. It does however lower the spread and gives a level of protection that lessens the spread of the virus.

Wearing a mask greatly decreases those who are carrying the virus without yet knowing they have the virus or are asymptomatic from spreading it as well as helping protect you from getting the virus.

In other words wearing a mask helps lower the spread and the death count so wear a damned mask.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
But Portlands point is if everybody did, the virus would shrink dramatically.

I understand Purps point. As soon as you took the mandate away, it comes back.

So, here is where the rubber meets the road...say the government told us we had to wear masks for the next 2 years, would you?

I wouldn't. That wouldn't become my new "new norm". Screw that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
GMdawg #1844754 01/24/21 02:37 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm ok with masks if it's proven to work.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
But Portlands point is if everybody did, the virus would shrink dramatically.

I understand Purps point. As soon as you took the mandate away, it comes back.

So, here is where the rubber meets the road...say the government told us we had to wear masks for the next 2 years, would you?

I wouldn't. That wouldn't become my new "new norm". Screw that.

There are already two different vaccines available and from every indication the Johnson and Johnson vaccine will be approved soon. It isn't going to take two years.

And from your question, knowing that masks have been proven to slow down the deaths and spread of Covid, yes I would. A small inconvenience from myself to help protect not only myself but my family, friends and other Americans seems like a pretty small price for me to pay.

You see, during WW2 our citizens had rations and had to go to great lengths to sacrifice against a common enemy. So far this virus has killed more Americans than died in WW2. It's every much as big of an enemy. Only this time around we have people whining about "freedoms" and "but I don't want to wear a mask!"

I expect some people to act this way. But coming from some of the people I am hearing it from leave me in shock. So yes, I'm willing to do what I see as my patriotic duty.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Seriously? notallthere

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Seriously? notallthere

Well, currently there is no reason for me to wear a mask. I had Covid. I no longer have it. I'm not contagious nor am I going to catch it from anyone. I mostly only wear a mask for other people's comfort level.

I'm all for hearing that masks work from scientists and not random internet losers.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
The scientists have spoken. The people who work in the medical field on this very board and across the nation have spoken.

Your "story of Covid" has nothing to do with the comment you made. Masks have been proven to cut down on the spread and death count of Covid and not by me. I'm just smart enough not to ignore what the experts have said, shown and proven over and over again.

You may wish to strongly consider who is actually sounding like the loser here.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
The scientists have spoken. The people who work in the medical field on this very board and across the nation have spoken.

Your "story of Covid" has nothing to do with the comment you made. Masks have been proven to cut down on the spread and death count of Covid and not by me. I'm just smart enough not to ignore what the experts have said, shown and proven over and over again.

You may wish to strongly consider who is actually sounding like the loser here.

You may want to post some links with some proof as I'm not the only one on this thread who has doubts.

And actually, my "story of covid" is very relevant as soon we will have millions of people in the same boat as they have been vaccinated and are not contagious, nor can contract it. A lot of vaccinated people are going to toss their masks in the garbage. How do you feel about that?

No Craps Given
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

There are already two different vaccines available and from every indication the Johnson and Johnson vaccine will be approved soon. It isn't going to take two years.

Biden said 100 million shots in his first 100 days. Everyone needs 2 shots, so 600 million vaccines, which would take nearly 2 years.

As for masks, the flu is at historic lows because of mask wearing and social distancing, yet covid continues to grow. That would tell us that masks are not as effective as people would like us to believe. I'm not saying stop wearing masks, I'm saying the "if everyone wears masks the virus would be gone" thinking is bs.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
GMdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Eve you can still get covid again. Some people have caught it twice. Also they tell you that they don't know if you can still spread covid once you get both shots, so you still need to wear a mask and social distance once you get the vaccine.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
The latest Johnson and Johnson vaccine is a single dose vaccine.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yea .. Then why do they call it Johnson & Johnson ..

O
Legend
Legend
O
N95 masks should be sent to every citizen in this country. The note attached should read that you’re mandated to wear it in any public setting, period, for the next 4 weeks. Everywhere. Work, grocery shopping, ANY public place. Anyone caught/reported not complying will be fined significantly.
If we did this this virus would shrink dramatically in a month’s time.

I doubt it would help. We've had mask mandates for a while now. It's not hard to get your hands on masks anymore (they even offer them at the entrances of big stores now). It comes down to individual behaviors, and those that haven't adopted those behaviors by now... I don't think giving them something they've seen for sale/grab quite a bit with a finger-wagging is going to change anything.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
You can't fix stupid.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Pretty much.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
You can't fix stupid.

No but you can fine them.

N95 masks aren’t the masks you see people wearing around town, typically. I’ve been wearing one in public since March/April. No way I’d go into an enclosed public space without one on. Cotton snd surgical masks aren’t as effective. The closest I come is I wear a multi layered cotton mask in my shop with my buddy that I build art with. He wears one too. We keep the big doors open and maintain our distance from each other as much as we can.
If everyone wore N95 masks in public it would absolutely lower the case count. Science backs this.
I was in a COVID building this morning. Believe me I wasn’t wearing a cotton/surgical/other mask.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: Squires

Biden said 100 million shots in his first 100 days. Everyone needs 2 shots, so 600 million vaccines, which would take nearly 2 years.

~Lyuokdea
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Lyuokdea

Cool. 2 years.. I am not sure it would take double the time to administer the 2nd shots, but any way we look at this is that it will take 2 years plus.

I am not complaining. I knew this would be a massive project. I am not one who is going to moan about poor planning because this is something that really can't be planned for...it has to evolve in to a workable system.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well, the math assumes 100 percent vaccination, which is not going to happen. We can hope for 70 percent immunization, which would be about 460 million doses. That would stop the spread unless there is a mutation... Some may not want it because of philosophical reasons, other because they had COVID.

The J&J vaccine has not hit the market. It is a single dose and does not require low temperature storage. I would expect it to be in high demand if it is reasonably effective.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

GMdawg #1845054 01/25/21 10:59 PM
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
J/C

I'd like to get to a point in this country where people would just wear a damn mask.

How hard is it for people to realize that the virus infects democrats, republicans, Christians, Muslims, Jewish individuals, Hindus, etc.

Also when will people understand the plethora od medical research about the potential long term side effects?

I know of three people in my friends and family circle who were in great physical condition, two in their 30s, that still haven't physically recovered from their infection. They test negative but they're still dealing with side effects.

But hey, keep being selfish and ignore scientists and doctors. Keep believing the conspiracy theories, etc. It's because of people like this we're going to be dealing with this a lot longer than we need to.

Wish we could be like Taiwan and Australia that doesn't even have to have restrictions.

Legend
Legend
I am getting my vaccine shot soon. My pharmacy ordered it for me, and I qualify because of my health issues.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Cool. 2 years.. I am not sure it would take double the time to administer the 2nd shots, but any way we look at this is that it will take 2 years plus.

All extrapolations must be linear....

~Lyuokdea
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not saying stop wearing masks, I'm saying the "if everyone wears masks the virus would be gone" thinking is bs.

I'm not sure who is thinking that. Those who are simply aren't paying attention. You would think with over 425,000 deaths in our nation they would have started paying attention by now wouldn't you?

But then we have no PSA's to inform people. We don't even have PAS's to tell people who currently qualifies for the vaccine and where the locations are where they can get them. It's all a major cluster. Our people are getting mixed information from different sources. Not all of them actually interested in giving accurate information.

Masks help slow the spread. Slowing the spread lowers the death count. Wearing masks lowers the number of corpses. I'm all about at least cutting down on corpses.

And even on this very board you still have people saying, "Yeah, prove it".

That makes the overwhelming problem obvious.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I am getting my vaccine shot soon. My pharmacy ordered it for me, and I qualify because of my health issues.

Good luck, man. Hope it all goes well for you with minimal side effects. Keep us posted.

My wife - due to the nature of her work - received her first dose. No side effect other than her arm hurting like hell for a day or two in the area where she received the injection.

I think she gets the second one in a couple weeks. I've heard that one has produced more COVID-like symptoms in people, albeit far, far more mild, obviously.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Georgia has been such a cluster.

Mismanaged to the max. Public health sites crashed for appointment setting. Almost no places to go to get the vaccine even if you do qualify.

finally just by chance I got into the county site and have an appointment set for Feb 2nd next Tuesday.

Thrilled to be able to get the vaccine.

Covid is a bad way to go. First I hate going into hospitals. Not even to visit. I have never spent a night in a hospital with any condition.

In a hospital environment and dying while struggling for air. Not for me thanks.

Can't wait to get this shot.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Good luck to those seeking getting your second shot. My girlfriend got her first a couple weeks back. She’s still struggling to find a place to get her second. She’s got about 7 more days to find one before she’s at her 21 days post the first. She’s had no luck and most reports are telling her that she’ll be lucky to find a place in time. Absolutely ridiculous it’s going this way.

[Linked Image]
GMdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
In Ohio they schedule your second shot right after you get your first one. I knew before I left that 21 days later Feb 10th. That I get my second shot. All I have to do is show up.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1845260 01/27/21 10:44 AM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
It was that way for me too. Sadly she’s been given the run around by the Oregon Health Authority.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That's baffling. You would think at the very least they would set up a system that logically logs a first shot, and then you get an appointment with an order confirmed for the second shot.

Sorry to hear about that, man.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Good luck to those seeking getting your second shot. My girlfriend got her first a couple weeks back. She’s still struggling to find a place to get her second. She’s got about 7 more days to find one before she’s at her 21 days post the first. She’s had no luck and most reports are telling her that she’ll be lucky to find a place in time. Absolutely ridiculous it’s going this way.

Everything is pretty crazy -- luckily the first shot (especially for Moderna/Pfizer) does a ton of the work...

~Lyuokdea
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm so sorry to hear this. There's no national standard or plan that was in place for any of this so we find ourselves with a cluster of plans across the country. Some seem to work while others fail. It didn't have to be this way.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Exactly. It was mishandled right from the beginning and because of it many have died, gotten sick and the vaccine distribution is a mess. Hopefully with President Biden and his staff things will get straightened out. But how many more will get sick and die before it does? A tragedy!!

P
Legend
Legend
P
I have no idea how long it will take to right the ship. I also am not sure Biden can or will fix it. From what we're hearing he's certainly working hard to try and fix it. But as with every politicians I'm going to look at the actions and results. Not so much listen to the talk.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree. The thing that bothers me Pit is how many more will get sick and die before the ship is righted. Much of it could have been avoided if we had good leadership in place when it all started a year ago. Sad. There's been too much grief and misery and it sickens me.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well now we're getting to the point people are going to say it's getting political. So I'll make this my last comment on how it was handled.

I think this is most certainly a national emergency situation. I think it should have been handled on a national scale with one message and one focus coming from the federal government. And I would feel the exact same way no matter who was in charge at the time.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'll make one last comment about it also. The Pandemic should have been handled as if we were at war. Every means possible should have been used to fight it. It wasn't and we are where we are now. I, as all do, would just like it to end ASAP.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... New covid topic

Link Copied to Clipboard