Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1855535 03/30/21 08:13 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

If you were a Browns scout what player would you bang the table for?

Be realistic.

My guy is JOK.

I love football players who know the game and how to play it.

JOK can do it all. He can cover a wideout. He can rush the passer. He can tackle. He can play from deep to front.

Super instinctive smart player.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Nice idea, I'll have to give it some thought. Haven't really followed the draft this year. Who is the best, absolute best player available who may draftable to make a splash on a Browns team.

I'm sorry, I wasn't going to say but, dang, the whole time since I read your post I cannot! get Travis Etienne's (Rb Clemson), name out of my mind.

I don't know if he is going to be a good player, but,
just from memory, I'll bet he checks all the boxes.

If it were pick #2, and by some Grace of God, the best Tight end Pitts from Florida, I believe, were available,
in the 2nd???? I'm BANGING ON THAT TABLE, LIKE A MO.

Still can't get Travis Etiennes' name out of my mind,

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
All Pro
All Pro
Can't say I'd bang the table for anyone at 26, but guys who might be there and/or in range for a slight trade up:

Kwity Paye: DE
Azeez Ojulari: DE
JOK: LBer
Christian Barmore: DT

Depending on medical checks, if Caleb Farley falls due to his back injury, I might pound it gently for him.
Not sure how to "medically clear" someone with the concussion history of Jaelen Phillips.

I guess technically that gets me up to 6 guys I'd be fine with (kind of, anyway), but little to no banging. smile

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
E
Legend
Legend
E
For me its still the Defensive Edge. College OLB or DE any stud we are targeting go get him!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1855575 03/30/21 01:27 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
At twenty-six I expect the team to do the adult thing, the reasonable thing and take the best CB available, whoever that might be. In round two I would bang the table for Jay Tufele - DT, USC. In round three I would bang it again for Cameron Sample- DE, Tulane.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Since I have no idea of which players will or won't be there at #26, I have no idea of the choices I have to bang the table for.

Since I have no idea how far up we would have to move or what the cost for moving up would be for any given player, I don't have enough information as to who I should bang the table for.

So I'm not banging the table.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Rondale Moore.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
It depends on the round. If Gregory Rousseau were to be available in the 20s, I'd definitely start. If not, my guy is Zaven Collins.

For round 2, I'd be banging the table to get Berry to call teams to move up for Alim McNeill (DT).

Later in the draft, the guy I'd be banging the table for is Jaelon Darden. I'd love to have a waterbug on the team both for WR and KR.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Some are missing the point.

You are a scout. This has nothing to do with the round.

If you see a player you believe in. You bang the table.

You explain why. Why you like the guy as a player.

And why do you believe in him for the Browns.

Every draft year. I see a guy. I really like. Not knowing where the guy will be drafted. Most of the guys go in first two rounds.

I like Surtain, Horn and Farley. They all look like great corners.

However, the player that I would bang the table for is Koramoah. I love this guys game.

He may be there. He may not. He could be there and the Browns want another guy.

I remember when the Browns traded down with Atlanta. The Falcons selected Julio Jones. We ended up with Phil Taylor.
I was disgusted. I wanted Jones over Green.

In 2019 I loved Devon White.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Some are missing the point.

You are a scout. This has nothing to do with the round.

If you see a player you believe in. You bang the table.

You explain why. Why you like the guy as a player.

And why do you believe in him for the Browns.

Every draft year. I see a guy. I really like. Not knowing where the guy will be drafted. Most of the guys go in first two rounds.

I like Surtain, Horn and Farley. They all look like great corners.

However, the player that I would bang the table for is Koramoah. I love this guys game.

He may be there. He may not. He could be there and the Browns want another guy.

I remember when the Browns traded down with Atlanta. The Falcons selected Julio Jones. We ended up with Phil Taylor.
I was disgusted. I wanted Jones over Green.

In 2019 I loved Devon White.

You were vague with the request and we answered with our interpretation.

My answer was based on

Pounding on the table today or next week or round 1 for Jealon Darden (for example) doesn't make much sense. What can be done now:
mentioning him and skillset match, fighting to get him in to talk to, providing research and tape to Berry, Stefanski, AVP, and O'Shea, etc...

When the draft starts and we start getting to the point where he's top 5-10 on our board is when to start banging the table. Otherwise it is just noise.

I had Rousseau or Collins, McNeill, and Darden on my list.

Rosseau: He doesn't have much tape, but he was spectacular. Had he not opted out and had similar 2020 numbers as 2019, he'd likely be a top 5 pick (well maybe not with the way the QB race is looking). Because of opting out, minimal tape, and some opportunities for grown, he'll drop out of the top 5 into likely the teens to mid 20s.

Collins: I think I was the first on the board to mention this guy back in October or November. Physical freak. Can play OLB or DE. Can defend the run, rush the passer, and cover - and can do all well.

McNeill: The best run stuffer DT in the draft. Still a bit raw though, and needs some growth as a pass rusher.

Darden: Waterbug. Fast and incredibly shifty. Immediately transforms our return game, and I think Stefanski/AVP could design some spectacular plays to leverage his abilities

Last edited by clwb419; 03/30/21 03:26 PM.
clwb419 #1855600 03/30/21 03:59 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

This is just football talk.

We influence nobody.

"Bang the table" is scout phrase. When a team is building there Board.

Scouts bring their work. Some scouts are positional. Some cover regions. They build a book of notes on players. Some observations. Some interviews with coaches.

They meet with the director of scouting. The GM maybe in attendance. They go over their reports.

Scouts or others with a strong opinion on a player will bang the table for someone.

This is you opinion on a player you like a lot.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
totally get that

If I were a scout, I'd do what I posted. Those are the 4 guys I'd like to us draft most (well 3 of the 4 unless we pick up another 1st this year) and would be the ones I banged the table for.

All Pro
All Pro
Can I lightly tap a staccato on the underside of the table with my knuckles instead? smile

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Sure.

it seems Jamin Davis is rising up the Board of Daniel Jeremiah.

His pro day is tomorrow as is JOK.

Curious about how they perform.

I would beat on the table if we got a shot at:
Surtain, Horn, or Farley.

All three look ready to play in the NFL. They are fast and talented. Some of the best corners I have seen as first rounders. Really impressive guys.

Smooth, fast, quick, loose. All of them can play press, or off.

At the end of the day. I do believe the Browns will pick a corner.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I heard about a LB from Ohio State the Browns are interested in for the 3rd round Pete Werner. I don't know much about him maybe a Buckeyes fan on the board knows something about him.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I Bang the table!

To Trade up ahead of the Bengals for Kyle Pitts, TE Florida

and I Bang the Table to trade up for the next pick on the clock for Travis Etienne, Rb, Clemson.

and that is my entire 7 round draft. 2 players.

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG!!
Now Get it done!

(Do they want to win or not, it's about Touchdowns, Touchdowns.)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
I Bang the table!

and I Bang the Table to trade up for the next pick on the clock for Travis Etienne, Rb, Clemson.

Now Get it done!

Sorry to burst your bubble but RB is NOT a Need tsktsk

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
ok, I'll play: Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa

He may well slide past #26, but I highly doubt he's there at our pick in the 2nd round. I think that once Barmore is off the board, he will follow suit VERY quickly. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on him.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Can I use my head? For banging the table? banghead

If we go through the draft without adding anyone on defense, I'm pretty sure that's how I'll be feeling.

Oweh is the player I'll bang the table for. People complain about the lack of sacks, but it's ridiculously overblown. Teams roll their QBs away from him. He faced a bunch of RPO teams (and does well crashing down on those inside RPO runs.) He hit the QB's arm in the 4th quarter of the Nebraska game causing an interception, which didn't count as a sack, but was more impactful than a standard sack. It's not like he was facing teams doing seven step drops all game. He didn't get to just hunt QBs with his opponents being forced into a ton of have to throw situations like some other edges got to benefit from. Penn State's offense was pretty awful for the first half of their season (new OC and injuries.)

He's only a sophomore and didn't even play football until his junior year of high school. His technique considering that is pretty amazing. His measurables are impressive (~8th out of 1338 DEs since 1987 by RAS.) He would seem to fit the speed, power, and quickness profile that Berry mentioned when talking about Takk McKinley. I think he'd be a great fit flying off the edge from the wide 9 spot. When (perhaps if) he develops an inside counter, watch out. Considering where he is in his development, I don't see any reason to think that he shouldn't figure one out. It's hard to imagine teams being able to slide protection towards both Myles and an Oweh.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
I heard about a LB from Ohio State the Browns are interested in for the 3rd round Pete Werner. I don't know much about him maybe a Buckeyes fan on the board knows something about him.

Taken from wwwnfldraftdatabse.com:

Pete Werner, LB, Ohio State
A part of the most talented linebacker unit in all of college football, Pete Werner possesses the type of all around skill set that could offer him the opportunity to occupy a variety of roles in an NFL defense. Playing SAM backer for the Buckeyes as a junior, Werner was pressed with a ton of responsibilities in pass coverage. Oftentimes he was tasked with playing overhang and out on slot receivers, seeing both man and zone reps. There is also a clear transition for Werner as a tight end eraser on the next level with his ability to match up appropriately with his combination of size and ath...
Preview Analysis provided by NFL Draft Bible on SI

He got beter, year over year. A good sign.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Sacks are glory but do not tell the whole story.

Another player may get doubled. A blocker misses his assignment. RPO's. Roll outs, bubble screens.

Did you win? That is beat your man. Get pressure. Disrupt. Tackle the runner.

Oweh has great upside. He is just learning.

However, you can not teach 4.38 at 260 lbs. That is sick. Something few people on this planet can do.

I read your bang.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
The last time I banged the table over a Browns draft pick I almost broke my hand...immediately after we choose Brandon Weeden with our 1st pick that year.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
The last time I banged the table over a Browns draft pick I almost broke my hand...immediately after we choose Brandon Weeden with our 1st pick that year.

Go to your room and don't you dare come back out until May 2nd.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Damn, I remember that. I went from the anticipation of the pick to complete depression.

That was one of the worst first round picks of all time. And Manziel was close to as bad.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I threw up in my mouth.

I wanted Wilson so bad that year and that idiot (Holmgren) moved up to get a 28 year old QB who was dumb as a stump.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
ok, I'll play: Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa

He may well slide past #26, but I highly doubt he's there at our pick in the 2nd round. I think that once Barmore is off the board, he will follow suit VERY quickly. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on him.

My Top DT smile Barmore is 1B

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hammer #1855744 03/31/21 03:24 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

When I saw Weeden's first press conf.

My first thought was he could not lead a cub scout troupe to water.

I could have seen a flyer on him in the fourth. But a first round pick?

I mean damn.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I remember his first game he got caught under the American flag

https://youtu.be/mToSXz3JEcM

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL! So embarrassing!

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I remember his first game he got caught under the American flag

https://youtu.be/mToSXz3JEcM

Definitely more disrespectful than any kneeling.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Think how far we have come.

Damn. It is way less painful looking back from where we are today.

We had to cruise waiver wires to fill a roster.

We are going into the draft and there is a chance no draft pick will crack the first string.

I remember being in British Columbia with my son on a fishing trip. If you are a non resident you can not fish on Sundays.

We were in a airbnb and rigged up the Browns game. Cody Kessler was the season starter. I told my son. We have to be the worse team in football.

Today I feel we can compete for a Super Bowl this year.

We have a load of talent on this team.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
I Bang the table!

Now Get it done!

Sorry to burst your bubble but RB is NOT a Need tsktsk

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, .. you don't draft to need, you draft to Strength!

That's the kind of thinking that's resulted in so many championships, since 1964. frown
(Does he know Chubb and Hunt only played in <7 of 16, maybe 18, games, quick guess, games where they both took the field, in 2020?)

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

I liked the Brandon Weeden pick, (He did well at times, many things people forget).

I loved the Braylon Edwards pick.

One time I really got frustrated was about mid-early season, seeing Charlie Frye is the starting qb of an NFL team, and has no chance to move an offense in the 4th quarter, and realizing the team isn't moving to find, anything else.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

"I liked the Brandon Weeden pick"

nuf said

B
Legend
Legend
B
If I am going to bang the table for a linebacker, Jamin Davis, Kentucky is the guy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/...ocid=uxbndlbing

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

I get that.

On top of eye popping numbers.

I saw him interviewed. Really a impressive guy. Said if football didn't work out. He would be become a corporate lawyer.

I have not seen film on him. So, honestly as a football player. I am unqualified to pass judgement.

He sure looks the part.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bonefish

"I liked the Brandon Weeden pick"

nuf said

That's like dividing by zero.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Weeden was not on my target...lol laugh
but after the draft in early June on a golf vacation at Myrtle Beach - We were two so we golfed with two others - one a Grad student at OK state. He saw my head cover and started telling me how we got a good one and we will be happy about him.

Of course I started getting stoked that maybe we finally got our guy...So sad... smh lol laugh

I would like to say - we are picking at 26, I don't think we will move up but I'm on the record - WE WILL HAVE A STUD WAITING FOR US TO PICK THEM. I cannot wait.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #1855990 04/02/21 12:14 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
He did throw a nice ball. Unfortunately many times it was to the other team!!! willynilly

E
Legend
Legend
E
Getting back to the letter of the thread.

Micah Parsons.

I guess after the Pro Day. He can go sidelines to sidelines be the spy on Lamar...get deep in the middle on passing plays. Blitzing the Pass. Possibly the best Defensive player in this draft. Cause he plays LB he could drop. If he does he is the Banger!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season 2021 NFL Draft Bang the Table

Link Copied to Clipboard