Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
B
Legend
Legend
B
He is on the road of destruction. Only he can decide to get off before he hits the brick wall.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
He is on the road of destruction. Only he can decide to get off before he hits the brick wall.

Yup. Nobody can do anything except sit back and watch; but, thankfully, he's about to spend a little time in an orange jumper, so maybe the programs that get brought into the jails will help the light come on for him.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P

With both of us living in Tennessee and seeing what's been going on in at least some detail, I think we both saw this coming, sadly.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I thought Aldon Smith had turned his life around? He performed well for the Cowboys last year...I thought.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

With both of us living in Tennessee and seeing what's been going on in at least some detail, I think we both saw this coming, sadly.

Truthfully, I never paid much attention so I can't say I really heard about, or remembered his problems, and between the Titans and Falcons, this towns coverage leans a little more towards the Falcons. Many of our viewers and newspaper readers live in Georgia.

I live in a diverse area. Our TV coverage as an example reaches in to Alabama, Georgia, and North Carolina. Not just reach, but is the primary coverage in those areas.

Gameday at the bar is pretty colorful around here.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I hadn't really thought of that. Living as close to Nashville as I do the Titans are concentrated on. They reported a lot about many of his issues.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Was he injured, or did he slow down?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
All Pro
All Pro
Meh, they were spending more on running backs than any other team in the league.

'Tis the nature of the sport in 2021.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
O
Legend
Legend
O
They have a whole bunch of cap space. Cutting Bernard saved them a little over 4million, but they have a ton more space. Cutting Bernard also means they have an immediate need for a pass-catching RB. Oh and btw... he's one of the better RBs that can stand in and block.

It might not seem like much, but doing stuff like this is why the Bengals and prior iterations of our Browns cemented themselves as basement dwellers of the league. The meager savings gets even smaller when you consider that you now have to find someone to replace him. And don't get me started on surrounding your shiny new QB with talent.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I actually disagree. He would have been going into his ninth season. That's usually when a RB starts going downhill. None of his stats really reflect the compensation he would have gotten. He has only had 50 receptions once in his eight years and that was in his rookie season.

Now if they do not fund a replacement with a similar skill set I will agree with you. But I think it made sense.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I doubt they'll find a similar replacement (good receiving back who's also a very good blocker). He's also filled in at lead back when called for (not his strength, though).

But that's almost besides the point. Why create a hole on a team that's already full of holes?

Last edited by oobernoober; 04/07/21 03:57 PM.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Because football is a business first to those who run it and only a sport to us as fans. Paying your second RB, with his stats, going into his 9th season over 4 mil., is not a sound business decision.

It's the nature of the beast.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I doubt they'll find a similar replacement (good receiving back who's also a very good blocker). He's also filled in at lead back when called for (not his strength, though).

But that's almost besides the point. Why create a hole on a team that's already full of holes?

Trayveon Williams scouting report when he was drafted was pretty much "good receiving back who's also a very good blocker." The Bengals probably decided the difference in ability wasn't worth the difference in pay, or Williams could be ascending while Gio is starting to wear down (30 next season.)

They re-signed Samaje Perine as well.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
A step up IMO. Played hard.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
1st String
1st String
Would love to see a back that can do it all. Run, catch, block. A rarity but a good one.

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
E
Legend
Legend
E
You should be able to see two every week. As in Chubb and Hunt! wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Raiders released Mo Hurst. Would love to see him signed.

All Pro
All Pro
Yeah, pretty surprised on the Maurice Hurst release. They released Arden Key as well, but he was pretty bad.

Heck, at least put in a waiver claim for Hurst and see what happens.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I actually disagree. He would have been going into his ninth season. That's usually when a RB starts going downhill. None of his stats really reflect the compensation he would have gotten. He has only had 50 receptions once in his eight years and that was in his rookie season.

Now if they do not fund a replacement with a similar skill set I will agree with you. But I think it made sense.

Made sense to Tampa Bay to pick Gio up. After making $4.8 million a year in Cincinnati, Tampa Bay pays $1.07 million for a one year deal. I think he still has plenty of gas in the tank. Mixon was the workhorse for the Bengals.

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 04/16/21 08:55 AM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
For less than one fourth of what he was getting paid in Cincy it makes a lot more sense. His stats verses the compensation was my main point. His new deal points out how valid that is.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
I thought Aldon Smith had turned his life around? He performed well for the Cowboys last year...I thought.

Yes, for one game.

[Linked Image]

C
Legend
Legend
C

Tebow is 33. He last played in an NFL game in 2012.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Pastor was wrong in the bold preditions thread....

THIS is the last thing that (any of us) need.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

Oh, Lord.....

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P
If this were to happen, which I find extremely remote, it would be a move to put butts in the seats at the stadium, not an actual football move.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like Tim, but he seriously needs to give it up.

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Oh, Lord.....

Yes?

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Oh, Lord.....

Yes?

Are you there Dad? It's Me, You.

Browns is the Browns

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think Urban knows what a great attitude and heart Tebow would bring to the roster. His enthusiasm is contagious and will help build a culture. Would be a great move for Urban even if he is #53 on the roster for a year.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
I think Urban knows what a great attitude and heart Tebow would bring to the roster. His enthusiasm is contagious and will help build a culture. Would be a great move for Urban even if he is #53 on the roster for a year.

Hire him as a coach then.

Director of intangibles.

Legend
Legend

Should have been a TE all along

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Yup... he was NEVER a QB, despite him being listed as one.

Browns is the Browns

B
Legend
Legend
B
Who was that guy at QB for a playoff win?

That said, TE would have been a good position. He came around a bit early for teams to commit to a QB who could run.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Who was that guy at QB for a playoff win?

I could visit Buckingham Palace and sit on the throne, but that doesn't make me royalty. He occupied the position, but he did not execute it well enough for it to be who he is at the NFL level. He is terrible at throwing, and despite QB's running more these days, you still have to throw it well to be a QB in this league.

He would have had a solid career as a TE, FB, or RB. He was a washout at QB.

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P
Hire him as a coach then.

Director of intangibles.

That makes too much sense. Wasting a precious roster spot for a 33 old who has never played TE in the NFL seems to be a more popular theme.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raven...o-right-tackle/

Ravens sign Alejandro Villanueva to a two-year deal, per report; longtime Steeler switching to right tackle
Baltimore lands its starting tackle following the Orlando Brown trade

By Tyler Sullivan

The worst-kept secret in Baltimore has finally come to fruition. According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Ravens have signed former Pittsburgh Steelers offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva to a two-year contract. The deal is worth $14 million with $8 million fully guaranteed. Word got out that this deal was rumored to happen in the aftermath of Baltimore trading Orlando Brown to the Kansas City Chiefs prior to the 2021 NFL Draft. With those festivities now in the rearview mirror, pen was finally put to paper to ensure Villanueva will be heading to the Inner Harbor.

Villanueva protected the blindside for the Steelers at left tackle for the past six seasons but will be kicking over to right tackle with the Ravens. The club already has an All-Pro caliber left tackle in Ronnie Stanley, who recently signed a five-year extension with the team and is set to come back from an ankle injury that ended his season in 2020. Brown slid over to left tackle to fill in for the injured Stanley, performed well at that spot, and insisted that he remained at that position permanently.

That is what jump-started the possibility of a possible trade, which was later executed with Kansas City. The main prize in that haul for Brown was the No. 31 overall selection, which was used to pick Penn State outside linebacker Odafe Oweh.

As for Villanueva, the 32-year-old brings plenty of experience to Baltimore and Pro Bowl talent to boot. Not only that, but his ability to play both left and right tackle should be extremely useful for the Ravens as they bring Stanley back to full strength. According to Pro Football Focus, he logged a 77.8 pass-blocking grade last season, which was tied for 23rd in the league.

Because this signing was actually executed on May 4, Villanueva will not factor into Baltimore's compensatory draft pick formula.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That this was in the works goes a ways in explaining the Orlando Brown trade.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
It won't help.

Browns is the Browns

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum NFL Released Players Con't.....

Link Copied to Clipboard