Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#1859948 04/27/21 03:05 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yeah, new thread, because the old one wasn't within 15 or so spots, so I gave up. rofl

Anyway, this is a real problem.

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2021/04/k...erry-pluto.html

Kevin Love embarrasses himself, his team and Cavaliers should take action – Terry Pluto

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Most Cavaliers fans know that Kevin Love pouted at the end of the third quarter in his team’s 112-96 to Toronto.

With 33 seconds left, Love was positioned under the basket – awaiting to receive the ball from the official for an in-bounds pass.

Love was angry and frustrated.

He had been shoved down from behind a few minutes earlier in the quarter. He banged his knee on the court. No call. He also suffered a floor burn on his knee and limped a bit.

A few seconds later, Love again was shoved from behind – no call.

He was whining to the officials, as he often does.

Finally, there was the big play that led to the theme of Love giving up on his team.

The official threw the ball to Love, who simply swatted it – the ball went in-bounds. It was recovered by Toronto and turned into a 3-point field goal for the Raptors.

The Cavs were down by four points when Love gave the ball to Toronto. By the end of the quarter, they were behind by 11.

Near the end the quarter, Love did make some type of effort to run back on defense.

Too little. Too late. Too much of 32-year-old Love falling short once again in terms of leadership.

He sat out the fourth quarter and the coaches were fuming about him.

At the very least, Love should be fined and benched for a few games.

If Love were in the final year of his contract, I’d send him home.

Instead, he has two more seasons and $60 million left until he’s a free agent in the summer of 2023.

THE CONTRACT EXTENSION

In the summer of 2018, LeBron James led the Cavs to their fourth consecutive NBA Finals appearance. After being swept by the Warriors, James left via free agency for the Lakers.

Following that announcement, one of the first calls made by GM Koby Altman was to Kevin Love.

At the time, Love had a year left on his contract. Altman wanted to know if Love also wanted out. Instead, Love said he wanted to stay.

Altman talked about how Love could help lead the rebuild after James. But it would be hard. It would be frustrating. It would mean dealing with young, immature players.

It would mean losing.

But it also would mean a chance to take a step in his career, grow as a person and a player.

Love was anxious to climb a new mountain in his career out of the shadow of James and Kyrie Irving.

The the Cavs signed him to a 4-year, $120 million extension through 2022-23.

THREE YEARS LATER...

It’s turned out to be a major mistake.

Since signing that massive extension, Love has been haunted by injuries.

He missed 60-of-82 games in 2018-19.

He missed missed 9-of-65 games in 2019-20.

He’s missed 43-of-61 games this season.

Add it all up: He’s played 96 games and missed 112.

But even more troublesome has been his various temper outbursts.

He was upset with John Beilein last season and did nothing to help the rookie head coach. In fact, he was one of the veterans leading the griping about Beilein.

Granted, some of the complaints were correct. Beilein was miscast. But Love did him no favors. More was expected of the veteran when he signed that big contract. The Cavs said it was critical for Love to help Beilein, not the opposite.

He has clashed a few times with Altman and others in the organization.

LACK OF MATURITY

Love is well-known and deservedly praised for his work in the mental health field.

He has been upfront about his own panic attacks.

It’s hard to know how much of his own emotional history plays into what we occasionally see right now.

The Cavs sent Andre Drummond home as they hoped to trade him because he seemed disengaged with the team a few months ago.

They eventually reached an agreement to buy out Drummond, who then signed with the Lakers. The Drummond situation was easier for the Cavs because the center is in the final year of his contract. The trade deadline has passed, so Love is not going to another team soon.

To underline the big point, Love has two more seasons and $60 million left on his contract. Business plays into the Cavs trying to find a way to make something work with Love. But he’s done nothing but trash his own trade value.

This is a young team with some talent. The growth of Darius Garland has been astounding. Collin Sexton is a legitimate big-time scorer. Jarrett Allen is a superb rebounder. Isaac Okoro has promise.

Their ages are between 19-23, and they have been playing hard all season. Not always smart, but hard.

Love has embarrassed himself and the Cavs by allowing his emotions and selfishness to take over. It’s a lousy example for the young players.

That’s why the Cavs can’t let this go with a fine and an apology from Love. He needs to sit some games. They also have to figure what to do about Love when it comes to next season. He hasn’t been much help to the Cavs since James left three years ago.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Love is trash, has been since 2017. Worst contract the cavs have ever given out.. When LBJ left, the very next move should have been to sell high on Love. He's just doesn't deserve to be anything other than a role guy. He's got skills, but he's been out of basketball full time for so long I'm not sure he'll ever be back to what he was. Then add in that egregious tantrum, he should be gone asap. But this team has alot more wrong with it. THe more games I watch, I believe 3 things, 1. Bickerstaff ain't the guy, 2. Altman not the guy, 3. Sexton and garland can't co-exist. Good thing the browns are good, cavs are years away

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
leadtheway #1861079 04/30/21 12:26 PM
Legend
Legend
I like the Cavaliers and all teams CleveLand. But they are painful to watch, and throwing up lousy threes and no-pass hero ball is painful to watch. Not close. Love is a paperweight and runs like a sled. Sell him. Garland has impressed me.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Bard Dawg #1861118 04/30/21 02:35 PM
Legend
Legend
Love needs to go for sure. Sexton and Garland are worth building around ... and Osman has had a decent year

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Cavaliers are bringing back Anderson Varejao ..... and I have no idea why. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

L
Legend
Legend
L
just so he can retire as a cav, and he cant be worse than some of the stuff they've trotted out there this year

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Gosh last night’s game was horrendous

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawgs4Life #1862934 05/06/21 09:25 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
The Cavs are a complete embarrassment from the top down. The way they're run is very Browns-esque pre Berry and Co.

Kevin Love's contract needs bought out to just get rid of him. Garland and Sexton cannot co-exist. Keep Garland as a building block.

This Verajao novelty act is lame.

Milk Man #1863094 05/07/21 05:04 AM
Legend
Legend
Did you see that Kevin Love was -45 the other night ... -45!!!

Dawgs4Life #1863249 05/08/21 08:35 AM
Legend
Legend
No love left for Love. We need his cap. This team is a horror show to watch. Like Sexton. Many of the others aren't just bad, they are dumb bad as to game flow. I like Junior, but he needs to figure out how to contribute motor impact. Move Love before he makes it any worse. Plays lazy IMO. willynilly

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Bard Dawg #1863341 05/08/21 05:52 PM
Legend
Legend
There were rumors of Portland wanting Love ... that would be a miracle after that game

Dawgs4Life #1863342 05/08/21 06:00 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I wish he'd agree to a reasonable buy-out.

Man, he signed his contract knowing that the team would have to all buy start over. He's been injured a ton, which hasn't helped the team at all. His attitude has been miserable at times this year. We're probably stuck with him for 2 more years.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, Kevin is clearly miserable and would rather be anywhere else, but that guaranteed money is too much to give up I guess. I think most anyone else would take a 50% buyout to move on to help another team.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I wish he'd agree to a reasonable buy-out.

Man, he signed his contract knowing that the team would have to all buy start over. He's been injured a ton, which hasn't helped the team at all. His attitude has been miserable at times this year. We're probably stuck with him for 2 more years.
no doubt. He’s really been an anchor since Lebron left, which is why I was so against re-signing him when we did

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Kevin Love is just part of a long list of things that are drowning this franchise in
Embarrassments.
Its the least desirable team for any free agent
To sign with. The head coach is soft.
The GM lacked the resume that reflected building
And sustaining a winning culture.
It has no superstar players on this roster
To market.

No.NBA team is going to take on the
Remaining years of Loves contract.
You never know which of his 23 personalities
Will show up not to mention his game
Has gone south since getting paid.

Its needs a new owner that has true love
For hoops.

S
Legend
Legend
S
I don't understand anything this organization is trying to do. Love should have been dealt for picks or younger players 2 years ago.

Sexton and Garland are both talented guys, but is that backcourt going to be able to defend these other really good backcourts in the nba? Can you win a championship with those guys?

Anderson Varejao, really? Why?

Who would have thought the Indians and Cavs are hopeless, yet the Browns are banging on the door to greatness. Lmao

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Cavs dont know how to tank beating the Celtics last night. Was hoping for better odds for the draft! What do you want for the Cavs? I want the best PF in this draft! Sign Allen to a decent deal, cut Love, dont care what it cost, Gilbert’s got billions

Frenchy #1864103 05/14/21 06:25 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
Cavs dont know how to tank beating the Celtics last night. Was hoping for better odds for the draft! What do you want for the Cavs? I want the best PF in this draft! Sign Allen to a decent deal, cut Love, dont care what it cost, Gilbert’s got billions

Easy to spend other peoples money.

The reality is the Cavs are a business and have budget parameters.

I agree, we need to do something with Love. I am not so sure that cutting him is the best option, or even realistic.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1864122 05/14/21 08:51 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: Frenchy

Easy to spend other peoples money.

The reality is the Cavs are a business and have budget parameters.

I agree, we need to do something with Love. I am not so sure that cutting him is the best option, or even realistic.
unfortunately the best option is trade him, but I really cant see a team doing that at this point. Such an anchor signing

Dawgs4Life #1865766 05/28/21 01:24 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Eye roll emoji....

Throwing J.B. Bickerstaff under the bus:

B
Legend
Legend
B
I think we have talent as well. We just have to figure out how to mix it together.

I do think injury hurt Love, but he is injured a lot. The big question is he at the point where that will continue or has this just been a run of bad luck?

The lotto comes up in late June. My hope is we can land around #5 and don't get thrown down in the order like last year.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I agree that our team has talent but we have a poor team composition.

We have two point guards Sexton and Garland who are undersized and aren't pure shooters.

Allen is solid but really is weak on D.

Kevin Love is WASHED.

Cedi Osman is a complete waste of space. Not an NBA player.

All the other guys are fringe NBA talent.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
It starts at the top.
Dan Gilbert has won.his title as a owner.
He is in elite company. Very few owners have won
NBA titles.
Gilbert has no hunger or desire to win.
He has done something that the Hawks,Kings, Pacers ownerships hasnt.
His desire isnt there.
Altman.is a horrible GM. He is almost as bad as Jim Paxson bad. Bickerstaff is a meh coach.
Says all.the right things to the press
But he has the teeth of a panda bear.
He is not a disciplinarian.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
NBA DRAFT LOTTERY

1. Pistons
2. Rockets
3. Cavs
4. Raptors
5. Magic
6. Thunder
7. Warriors
8. Magic
9. Kings
10. Pelicans
11. Hornets
12. Spurs
13. Pacers
14. Warriors

#gmSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
Maybe we will take another undersized PG..lol, Altman must have pictures. I thought for sure he would be gone.. I don't want this guy anywhere near the draft.

leadtheway #1868397 06/23/21 12:33 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
We probably go Mobley C, or Kuminga SF. Assuming Cunningham goes #1 and at least one of the two is there.

I hope Mobley is there. Between him and Allen we should have a pretty strong front court.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
I hope it is mobley, but if he gets taken at 2, green isn't a bad left over

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Okoro (SF), Allen (C),and Mobley (PF) would be the beginning of an insane front court. And yes, I think that Mobley has the overall ability to play PF.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree.

No matter how you ended up playing them, both could play together and or spell each other to some degree.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Okoro (SF), Allen (C),and Mobley (PF) would be the beginning of an insane front court. And yes, I think that Mobley has the overall ability to play PF.

to you and peen:

you guys dont think drafting Mobley would put is in the situation like Drummond/AD? where it seemed like they couldnt play on the court together.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F

Swish #1872942 07/29/21 07:32 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Swish

to you and peen:

you guys dont think drafting Mobley would put is in the situation like Drummond/AD? where it seemed like they couldnt play on the court together.

Mobley can play outside. He can the PF position. If they take Mobley, which I think they will because unfortunately, Green will be off the board, I won't be surprised if Larry Nance Jr is traded at some point.

(I know you were asking me, but that's my $.02)

Milk Man #1872943 07/29/21 07:32 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M

Milk Man #1872947 07/29/21 08:00 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: Swish

to you and peen:

Mobley can play outside. He can the PF position. If they take Mobley, which I think they will because unfortunately, Green will be off the board, I won't be surprised if Larry Nance Jr is traded at some point.

(I know you were asking me, but that's my $.02)

I agree. Mobley has good quickness, shooting, and passing ability, and should be able to play the 4. The Cavaliers seem to think he can as well. It's always a bit of a risk, but one worth taking. If they couldn't make it work, and had to trade Allen, there should be a market for him. We'll see.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
So:

PG - Garland
SG - Sexton
SF - Okoro
PF - Mobley
C - Allen

Definitely a young starting 5