Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
While that could be true, I don't believe it's the case here. Dude has had a bad string of luck in the injury department. 2 big ones in his limited time in the NFL.

That said, he did do something in the NFL.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/willies-spectacular-catch-sets-up-game-winning-kick

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Your spell check is broken.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
No.

Not at all

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Some of the questions Tony asks are lame.

I know Nate Zugura is a paid homer, but he does really good player and coach interviews.

The rest of the people who cover the Browns eh.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Perfect response. They have really formed a phalanx against him when he goes "digging."

Last year, he pressed Stefanski on one of the games (Ravens maybe?) a day or two after the game, and all Kevin Stefanski said in response is "I'm moving on to the Giants."

"Oh, come on!"

"I'm moving on to the Giants."

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Happy Birthday DL05!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

And you gotta pay $8/mo to read him. Lol

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thanks man! The big 3-8 today. Wife made me a Browns cake and did a hell of a job, I must say.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Happy birthday! Wow, you're just a pup! wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thanks man! It’s nice to hear that. My body - especially when I get out of bed and walk down the stairs - disagrees with you though wink

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c:

And you gotta pay $8/mo to read him. Lol

This is what happens when you try and clown on Grossi.

#BadKarmaBroadcasting

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well "I guess" we just lost our best LB for the year.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Thanks man! It’s nice to hear that. My body - especially when I get out of bed and walk down the stairs - disagrees with you though wink

Wait til it's a 5 instead of a 3. crazy lol

Happy Birthday Dawd.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Some are saying knee injury, some are saying leg cramp.

All digits in this household are crossed right now.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Jackwagon Grossi didn't learn his lesson:

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Is B.J. Goodson still available?

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Well "I guess" we just lost our best LB for the year.

Nothing for sure yet. Hopefully he wont miss more than a couple of weeks.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
Gotta love walker... LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
F
Legend
Legend
F

Tony: So, Carson Wentz, what do you think about Anthony Walker leaving the practice field today?

Carson Wentz: All I know is I got surgery Monday.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: slick

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thanks bro!

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Is that a yes or no....nice facials. Reminds me of our current politics. Go Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Originally Posted By: slick

He knows the system at least.

Legend
Legend
NOTESNotes: Middle linebacker Anthony Walker Jr. leaves practice with knee injury

https://www.brownszone.com/2021/08/02/no...th-knee-injury/
BEREA — Anthony Walker Jr. seemed like the one certainty in an unsettled linebacking corps. He signed a one-year, $3 million deal as a free agent in March to start in the middle and was given the job of calling the defensive signals.

The outlook seems a lot less certain after he limped off the practice field Monday during training camp.

He pointed to the back of the right knee and was examined by Joe Sheehan, head of the athletic training staff. Walker eventually walked into the field house joined by Sheehan.

The team announced it was a knee injury and will likely provide an update Tuesday.

Jacob Phillips, a third-round pick in 2020, would take his spot in the middle. He played nine games as a rookie, starting three, and totaled 25 tackles as he battled a knee injury.

The rest of the linebackers are varying degrees of unknown.

Rookie Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah was picked in the second round but has been out since Sunday on the COVID-19 list, and fifth-rounder Tony Fields II has also missed all of veteran camp after hurting his foot when the rookies reported.

Sione Takitaki and Mack Wilson are entering their third seasons, but their roles are undefined, and veteran Malcolm Smith is back after re-signing in March.

Nick Chubb says it means “everything” to be staying in Cleveland

Walker spoke to reporters before practice and was excited about playing behind defensive ends Myles Garrett and Jadeveon Clowney.

“The edge is set over here, the edge is set over there and the quarterback has two seconds to get rid of the ball,” Walker said. “So I feel very comfortable with that.”

He broke down the importance of setting the edge of the defense to make life easier on the linebackers.

“So the best way to explain that is the field is very, very wide,” Walker said. “You have to tackle Christian McCaffrey, you have to tackle Saquon Barkley, Tyreek Hill, all those guys like that that are really, really fast. So if I know I have a good D-end on this side, a good D-end on that side — great D-ends on both sides — and they put their arm out and the tackle can’t go anywhere, so the edge is set on both sides, now the runner has only very minimal distance to work with. And they’ve got to come straight ahead. So now I only have to go one or two steps here, one or two steps here, and then, boom, tackle. Or if they do run outside, good luck.”

Walker, who turns 26 Sunday, was a three-year starter for the Colts, who let him leave in free agency. In 57 games, he totaled 343 tackles, 19 for loss, 11 passes defensed, 3.5 sacks, two fumble recoveries and a forced fumble.

He’s part of a new-look defense that could feature nine new starters but isn’t worried about a steep learning curve.

“We’ve got to get the call, we’ve got to execute the call. I don’t think it takes much time to do that,” he said. “We’ve got to get it done. We don’t have time, we’ve got a game coming up Sept. 12.”

Coach Kevin Stefanski isn’t surprised Walker was able to pick up the system and take on a leadership role so quickly.

“That is who he is, and we knew that,” Stefanski said. “He is the son of a coach. He was the kid hanging around with the water bottle when he was 5, 6 and 7 years old at practice. He is a gym rat so, no, I am not surprised.”

Training Camp Log, Day 5: Rashard Higgins back and making plays

INJURY REPORT

Defensive end Takkarist McKinley didn’t practice after leaving early Friday and Saturday with an illness.

“I think we will get him back soon,” Stefanski said.

** Center JC Tretter (illness) didn’t practice. Nick Harris filled in with the starters.

** Safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. (hamstring) worked on the side. Stefanski said he’d be out for an “undisclosed number of days.”

** Rookie receiver Anthony Schwartz (hamstring) also worked on the side. He didn’t practice in minicamp in June with a hamstring injury.

** Safety Sheldrick Redwine tweaked an ankle, had it taped and stayed on the field.

** Safety Grant Delpit has yet to participate in team drills. He missed all of last season with a ruptured Achilles tendon.

** Owusu-Koramoah could come off the COVID-19 list this week.

LEAN AND MEAN

Defensive tackle Jordan Elliott, a third-round pick in 2020, spent the offseason focused on running. He “transformed” his body and got a step quicker, according to left guard Joel Bitonio.

“He’s in the 285 range right now, but we want him to play closer to 290-3(00), something like that, where he’s not going to get bounced around,” defensive line coach Chris Kiffin said. “But he is a really strong kid. What he felt like last year was he couldn’t turn and run and be consistent play to play getting after ball carriers downfield, things like that. So he challenged himself in that area and I’m proud of him for that.

“Now it’s just about maintaining, putting on some good weight as we work through training camp and not getting lighter.”

Elliott played 29 percent of the snaps last season, starting one of 16 games. He had 15 tackles and no sacks, but Kiffin saw enough to know he’ll be part of the rotation this year.

“Absolutely. Super excited about Jordan,” he said. “You’ve got to remember, Jordan didn’t have an offseason last year and hardly a fall camp. And so when we’re looking at cutups, I feel bad that he didn’t get coached more. Because he got thrown in as a rookie, and that’s tough as an inside guy your first year.”

GIANT QUESTION MARK

Kiffin called new defensive tackle Malik McDowell (6-foot-6, 295 pounds) the “biggest guy on the field,” and he stands out even among the trees. The question is whether McDowell can stay healthy, stay out of trouble and get back in the swing of things.

He was a second-round pick of the Seahawks in 2017 but has never played in the NFL. He suffered a head injury in an ATV accident a couple of months after being drafted, missed the 2017 season and was waived by the Seahawks the following year.

He was sentenced to 11 months in jail and three years of probation in November 2019 after pleading guilty to a series of crimes in Michigan.

“(He has) size and athleticism and he’s hungry,” Kiffin said. “This is a shot for him. What he does with it really depends on him and his commitment day to day. So right now we’ve been very pleased with him.

“So we’re just getting him back to the basics, learning how to play football again, getting him back in football shape and we’re going to find out a lot over the next (few weeks).”

EXTRA POINTS

Crowd noise blared through the speakers. Stefanski wants the offense to get used to the noise after not playing in a full stadium on the road last year.

** Officials debuted at practice and threw several flags.

** Rookie running back/receiver Demetric Felton continues to get a lot of touches.

** Punter Jamie Gillan tried to drop kicks in a garbage can on the sideline from 50 yards. He came within 2 yards with one kick, then was long on the next two.

** Receiver Alexander Hollins got behind cornerback Greedy Williams on a post but dropped a great throw from Baker Mayfield.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Super Bowl baby!!!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
B
Legend
Legend
B
I saw this maybe yesterday. A good signing IMO. He put up the numbers in college where he got the chance, so hey, why not??

We will keep at least 5 wideouts....no reason why he can't find a spot.

The odds are tough, but no tougher than for the others after Higgins and People-Jones.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"Sione Takitaki and Mack Wilson are entering their third seasons, but their roles are undefined, and veteran Malcolm Smith is back after re-signing in March."

They gone. unless injuries keep them here

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Legend
Legend

Really glad to see him get on the field.

Hope he is now vaccinated.

I have really high hopes for JOK. I think he was made to play in this defense.

It would be great to get through camp without losing someone for the season.

Players will get hurt. I know KS will be cautious.
But there will be pulled muscles and rolled ankles.

Please no surgeries.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
Really dodged a bullit with the report Walker will be ok.

Again fingers crossed no surgeries.

Please stay healthy everyone.

O
Legend
Legend
O
That, and hopefully it's not a nagging thing that will drag on his performance throughout the year.

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Not that it’s good that it happened but if it had to happen I’m glad it happened now and not in 3 weeks. The added bonus is other guys will get longer looks in camp.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish
Really dodged a bullit with the report Walker will be ok.

Again fingers crossed no surgeries.

Please stay healthy everyone.
yeah I was glad to see he’ll be Okay (hopefully).

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Not that it’s good that it happened but if it had to happen I’m glad it happened now and not in 3 weeks. The added bonus is other guys will get longer looks in camp.

I would agree with that. Now gives it about as much time as possible until the season starts.

I would say it is positive news in that no surgery is required. Good news? That I am not sure about. It can sound like 1 week and all will be well. It can also mean 8 weeks.

Week to week is rather vague, as in "we don't know when" but people don't want to hear that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
If all goes to plan, we're going to juice that # like crazy this year.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
If the number they came up with was only 4.3 drinks per fan, it's obvious they've been asking the wrong fans. wink

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes (Continued)

Link Copied to Clipboard