Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
If the number they came up with was only 4.3 drinks per fan, it's obvious they've been asking the wrong fans. wink

This stat OBVIOUSLY does not take into account dawgtalkers game thread.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Nor all the different substances that go into some of those posts.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Parking this here since it has potential Baker ramifications...
Josh Allen signed for 6 years/$258 million.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Just saw this. Still looking for details.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FATE

there goes our cap space.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
L
Legend
Legend
L
43/yr for Josh allen? WTF is buffalo thinking, thats Mahomes money. More than Watson, Wilson, and rodgers, all who i'd take any second over allen. This doesn't bode well for us with Baker with this stupid money flying around. Better win it all this year because if we have to pay Baker this kind of money we prob won't be able to keep this thing rolling. Plus the report that Baker won't take a discount

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't know that I trust a report saying Baker won't take a discount. But as we can see, it's the NFL teams that continue to pay these outlandish contracts to QB's. It's just what happens when the demand is higher than the supply.

We all knew that the cost to keep Baker was going to be very high. Most of understood that when his contract came up it would be impossible to keep this high priced roster, especially on the O side of the ball together.

That's why we saw things like Schwartz being drafted in round three. The teams that do the best invest in the future by how they draft and how they develop those draft choices. By teams that hit on at least a UDFA here and there. When you have to let quality players with high price tags go, you need their replacements waiting in the wings.

It's too early in the process to say how well this FO and coaching staff will be able to accomplish this. But if one looks close enough you can see that is the stage they are attempting to set. The FO has the brains and the coaching staff has the talent to make it work. That's not saying it will. But I think the staff we currently have assembled has more than a fighting chance to pull it off.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I don't know that I trust a report saying Baker won't take a discount. But as we can see, it's the NFL teams that continue to pay these outlandish contracts to QB's. It's just what happens when the demand is higher than the supply.

We all knew that the cost to keep Baker was going to be very high. Most of understood that when his contract came up it would be impossible to keep this high priced roster, especially on the O side of the ball together.

That's why we saw things like Schwartz being drafted in round three. The teams that do the best invest in the future by how they draft and how they develop those draft choices. By teams that hit on at least a UDFA here and there. When you have to let quality players with high price tags go, you need their replacements waiting in the wings.

It's too early in the process to say how well this FO and coaching staff will be able to accomplish this. But if one looks close enough you can see that is the stage they are attempting to set. The FO has the brains and the coaching staff has the talent to make it work. That's not saying it will. But I think the staff we currently have assembled has more than a fighting chance to pull it off.

I made this exact point a while back. The Browns are about developing the talent they draft. It's so refreshing to see how they have constructed this roster and how the pieces sort of slide together and make perfect sense to the long term ability of the team to win on Sunday. I believe this is the last season for Landry and for OBJ because we simply can't afford to invest 15% of cap space to 2 receivers. And it goes thru the entire roster really coaching and player development are the key to future success and I believe we have those pieces in place and under development.

I am not sure how the Baker contract will go but I would get him under contract and move on and plan from there. You simply can't win in the NFL without a franchise QB so get it done Berry.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not certain both OBJ and Landry will leave at the same time. I mean it's possible but.... I'm feel fairly confident one of them will be gone however. If I had to guess it would be OBJ. I think the coaching staff really values the work ethic, attitude and mentor role Landry plays in the WR department. I think it would leave a void in the WR room too early in the process.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We are going to see aren't we. But with DPJ lighting up camp and Swartz in the wings and under development will see. But keep an eye on these 2 receivers because as they develop the time Landry and OBJ have in Cleveland will draw to a close.

I want to clear a few things up sort of too.

Allen still has 2 years to go on his rookie deal when you put all those dollars together your talking about somewhere in the neighborhood of 290 Million for 8 years, that is about 36.5 Million per and likely will be a bargain in the long haul. It's a huge gamble for the Bills and although I don't like it we are going to be in for the same investment. So I will swallow hard and push to get a deal done for Baker ASAP and get this behind us. I don't have issues with where he is and where I believe he is headed and like I said the Allen deal is 36.5 per that isn't so bad and will seem a bargain in a very few short years.

The player I see as having a great deal of trouble in their second contract is Jackson, and maybe I shouldn't say anything because I truly don't think much of him as a QB, as a runner he is great but can you imagine having to try to make a deal to get him under contract? He has the shelf life of a RB IMO. But hey in the long haul it's the Ravens problem and I am glad it's not ours.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
F
Legend
Legend
F
43/yr starting in 2 years when that deal technically starts, will seem like a deal by then.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
O
Legend
Legend
O
The only thing I can confidently say is how I feel... and that is I think we end up having a MUCH tougher time with Landry moving on than OBJ (and I like OBJ). Landry does so much for the offense and has basically not missed any time despite being banged up a lot. He's a vocal leader both of the WR room (when it was really young) and the offense. His arrival was the signal for the turnaround of the offense. OBJ is awesome, but this offense has already shown that it can still go without him, plus we might have a new legit #1 beginning to emerge (DPJ at least is beginning to look the part).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I have sort of seen this coming for a little bit the reality of success in the NFL we have at least a 2 year cushion and need to use that time to continue to build thru the draft and player development, we I believe have the staff to keep this dynasty we have set in motion right on schedule for a long long time.

I understand and I feel it to, it's oh no what will we do when the dollars start drying up? and if you look closely that plan is already well under way. This team is built for short and long term success this is one time we get to enjoy and sit in the backseat and know we have great people handling the details. Berry drafting and Ski developing we have nothing to fear now or in the future IMO. Sure not everything will work as planned and I would bet they have a plan for that too.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
The only thing I can confidently say is how I feel... and that is I think we end up having a MUCH tougher time with Landry moving on than OBJ (and I like OBJ). Landry does so much for the offense and has basically not missed any time despite being banged up a lot. He's a vocal leader both of the WR room (when it was really young) and the offense. His arrival was the signal for the turnaround of the offense. OBJ is awesome, but this offense has already shown that it can still go without him, plus we might have a new legit #1 beginning to emerge (DPJ at least is beginning to look the part).

That is why I don't think it out of the question we trade obj before the season starts. It will probably take a injury for someone to come calling, and if the offer is right.. adios

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
There's no way that is accurate on any level.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Well, I bring the average down quite a lot since I gave up drinking.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

B
Legend
Legend
B
That average is bound to come down. In 5 days it will be 1 year alcohol free for this dawg. Not only will I bring it down because of abstinence, but also because I contributed way more than the average.
The bartenders near my section knew my name, what I drank, and where I lived. Truth. Dieseldawg can vouch

That could be like a Foxworty joke..."When the stadium bartenders know your name the first game the following season..." LOL

My wife would get mad at me, everywhere we went the bartenders knew me.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...
Of course that is what fans bought at the stadium. It doesnt take into account the boozing at the Muni lot...lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Fear not Peen,, I'll pick up the slack rofl

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Heard they bought you tickets at home. That is real fan dedication! LOLetc. rofl

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Fear not Peen,, I'll pick up the slack rofl

Me too. Let's all come together and pick up the slack for 'Peen!

That's funny Peen. Our bartender in our section knows us too.
Walking up for a drink with my wife for the first time... Bartender's like "Heeeey Sweetie!" Luckily my wife doesn't have a jealous bone in her body lol.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I've never actually considered someone as "emerging" or as possibly being "a future #1" at his position based on training camp. I've seen far too many people get burnt on that thought process before.

I certainly believe it shows DPJ is showing improvement over last year but how much that translates on game day is a long way from being evident as of yet.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: eotab
j/c...
Of course that is what fans bought at the stadium. It doesnt take into account the boozing at the Muni lot...lol laugh

Yeah, I consumed a LOT more in the Muni Lot than I ever did at the stadium. I mean when you start out with Hooper making omelettes to go with your beer at 6:30 or 7:00 in the morning that tends to happen. wink

Much like Peen I've given up drinking. Some years ago for me, so now I would actually be reducing the number of drinks per fan rather than increasing it.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
That average is bound to come down. In 5 days it will be 1 year alcohol free for this dawg. Not only will I bring it down because of abstinence, but also because I contributed way more than the average.
The bartenders near my section knew my name, what I drank, and where I lived. Truth. Dieseldawg can vouch

That could be like a Foxworty joke..."When the stadium bartenders know your name the first game the following season..." LOL

My wife would get mad at me, everywhere we went the bartenders knew me.

Norm, is that you? wink

Legend
Legend
j/c...

Yeah, I consumed a LOT more in the Muni Lot than I ever did at the stadium. I mean when you start out with Hooper making omelettes to go with your beer at 6:30 or 7:00 in the morning that tends to happen. wink

Much like Peen I've given up drinking. Some years ago for me, so now I would actually be reducing the number of drinks per fan rather than increasing it.

By 6:30 or 7:00 I was already on my 4th beer and 2nd shot.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I sure hope in the not so distant future I get to join my board friends and enjoy a bite to eat and talk Browns football in the Muni with you all. It sure would be great fun and something I would likely remember for as long as I draw a breath. Hopefully it will be this year but likely won't happen until next. Living in eastern PA sucks for getting to games. Next year for sure as I hopefully get settled in my new home and begin to enjoy retirement without all the health issues I currently am faced with. Can't think of a group of people That I would enjoying spending time with then the folks I have fought with and suffered with. It sure is nice to enjoy the ride for a change.

That said has anyone heard anything from Columbus Dawg he always had theme's to he Pregame menu?

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

E
Legend
Legend
E
Ny drinking days are over also...can't even have my Good wine or my Cognac. But I would bring a large bottle of ice cold GoldSchlaeger to the lot along with some special made Hot Dogs from Brooklyn with red pepper flakes in them...Mmmm

But my doing shot days are over....well maybe one shot is OK...lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
j/c...

By 6:30 or 7:00 I was already on my 4th beer and 2nd shot.

Franks orange stuff. I forget his handle at the moment.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Getting lite at ballgame sure can be fun, hope all great Browns fans come with designated drivers.
JMHO, if you haven't watched Troy P, his hall of fame speech should be required viewing for every Brown....don't count the Squeelers out....they have a great culture....as always, Go Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I doubt I speak only for myself... but I'm really curious how they approach extended Ward. It obviously needs to be done, but his injury history is a complicating factor (putting it mildly).

-PrplPplEater
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone

That said has anyone heard anything from Columbus Dawg he always had theme's to he Pregame menu?

I’m still here, just don’t post often. We’ll be back in the Burke lot this year with our themed tailgates. So looking forward to this season!

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

Don't see how this could go wrong. rolleyesdevil

I see an early season with a lot of taunting penalties and some p'd off fans, teams, players.

As Charlie Weiss I think said "Say whatever you want, but turn away from them before you say it, and it's not taunting"

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
j/c:

ESPN gives Browns a 5 percent chance of winning Super Bowl

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/08...super-bowl.html

By Troy L. Smith, Cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio – ESPN has released its projections for every NFL team heading into the 2021 season and the Browns rank among the best.

The ESPN Football Power Index, which uses a team’s overall strength to predict its win-loss outcome, gives the Browns a 5% chance of winning Super Bowl LVI.

That may not seem like a lot. However, it ranks seventh behind the Kansas City Chiefs (19%), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (15%), Buffalo Bills (9%), Green Bay Packers (6%), Baltimore Ravens (6%) and San Francisco 49ers (6%).

ESPN gives the Browns a 10% chance of making the Super Bowl, while a Browns vs. Buccaneers matchup has a 3% chance of happening.

The Browns’ chances of winning it all would be much higher if not for the division rival Ravens, ESPN says. The teams are fourth and sixth in their FPI rating, which measures true talent. But only one can win the AFC North.

“That they have to play each other twice and are vying for the same divisional crown are limiting factors when it comes to win total and a chance to earn the coveted top seed in the AFC,” writes ESPN’s Seth Walder. “While that’s a long shot with Kansas City in the conference, both the Ravens and Browns have at least a 10% shot to pull it off.”

ESPN gives the Ravens a 43% chance of winning the division, while the Browns have a 40% chance. You can check out full observations from this year’s FPI, including the impact of Aaron Rodgers and which team is most likely to get the No. 1 pick, HERE.

boo

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes (Continued)

Link Copied to Clipboard