Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Here's what happened at the Browns' Orange & Brown practice at FirstEnergy Stadium
https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/br...tenergy-stadium

CLEVELAND — The Cleveland Browns held their Orange & Brown practice at FirstEnergy Stadium on Sunday, and while inclement weather delayed things a bit, the sun quickly came out and fans got a good look at the team in action.

If you weren't one of the 20,000-plus fans in the stands Sunday, here's what you missed at practice:

Rain delay
A shelter in place order was issued by the team due to inclement weather just before practice was scheduled to start. Fans were instructed to move inside to the concourse area as heavy rain and lightning moved into the area.

The 12 p.m. practice was delayed for about 45 minutes until the weather cleared, but that didn't stop the die hard Browns fans who stuck it out through the soggy conditions to watch their favorite players take the field.

Welcome back fans
After the shelter in place order was lifted, fans flooded the stadium and as practice started were greeted with a message from both head coach Kevin Stefanski and quarterback Baker Mayfield.

"It is great to have you back in our house," Stefanski said.

"We've been working, we got a new team, we're ready to roll," Mayfield said. "These guys are ready to rock for you guys. We're in this together Cleveland.

Baker Mayfield contract talks
While the Browns recently inked a contract extension with running back Nick Chubb, Baker Mayfield's negotiations continue.

But as much as getting a long-term, high-dollar deal is something any player aims for, that isn't a priority for Mayfield right now, who is letting his agent and the team worry about that while he focuses on winning games.

Conversations have erupted over Mayfield's contract and what it may look like after the Buffalo Bills gave their quarterback Josh Allen a six-year extension worth $258. With Allen's deal coming before the season, many have wondered when Mayfield's might be complete.

But Mayfield said whether or not a deal gets done before the season starts or after he just wants to win Week 1 against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sept. 12.

"I'm not doing the negotiations, so frankly, I don't give a damn. I'm focused on winning Week 1 then go on to Week 2 and focus on that week. One week at a time—that's my mindset, so no matter how many times I get asked this question throughout the year it's going to be the same answer because that's just the truth."

Stadium
items.[0].image.alt
Photo by: Camryn Justice
By: Camryn JusticePosted at 4:09 PM, Aug 08, 2021 and last updated 4:09 PM, Aug 08, 2021
CLEVELAND — The Cleveland Browns held their Orange & Brown practice at FirstEnergy Stadium on Sunday, and while inclement weather delayed things a bit, the sun quickly came out and fans got a good look at the team in action.

If you weren't one of the 20,000-plus fans in the stands Sunday, here's what you missed at practice:

Rain delay
A shelter in place order was issued by the team due to inclement weather just before practice was scheduled to start. Fans were instructed to move inside to the concourse area as heavy rain and lightning moved into the area.

The 12 p.m. practice was delayed for about 45 minutes until the weather cleared, but that didn't stop the die hard Browns fans who stuck it out through the soggy conditions to watch their favorite players take the field.

RELATED: Shelter in place order lifted at Orange & Brown practice at FirstEnergy Stadium after inclement weather

Welcome back fans
After the shelter in place order was lifted, fans flooded the stadium and as practice started were greeted with a message from both head coach Kevin Stefanski and quarterback Baker Mayfield.

"We've been working, we got a new team, we're ready to roll," Mayfield said. "These guys are ready to rock for you guys. We're in this together Cleveland.

Browns fans Orange & Brown practice 2021
Camryn Justice
While the Browns recently inked a contract extension with running back Nick Chubb, Baker Mayfield's negotiations continue.

But as much as getting a long-term, high-dollar deal is something any player aims for, that isn't a priority for Mayfield right now, who is letting his agent and the team worry about that while he focuses on winning games.

Conversations have erupted over Mayfield's contract and what it may look like after the Buffalo Bills gave their quarterback Josh Allen a six-year extension worth $258. With Allen's deal coming before the season, many have wondered when Mayfield's might be complete.

But Mayfield said whether or not a deal gets done before the season starts or after he just wants to win Week 1 against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sept. 12.

"I'm not doing the negotiations, so frankly, I don't give a damn. I'm focused on winning Week 1 then go on to Week 2 and focus on that week. One week at a time—that's my mindset, so no matter how many times I get asked this question throughout the year it's going to be the same answer because that's just the truth."

Top plays
There were some notable catches and highlight reel plays during the practice Sunday. From Odell Beckham Jr. snags to Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt touchdowns, here are some of the best moments from the day.

Stadium
items.[0].image.alt
Photo by: Camryn Justice
By: Camryn JusticePosted at 4:09 PM, Aug 08, 2021 and last updated 4:09 PM, Aug 08, 2021

Rain delay

RELATED: Shelter in place order lifted at Orange & Brown practice at FirstEnergy Stadium after inclement weather

Welcome back fans

Browns fans Orange & Brown practice 2021
Camryn Justice

Top plays
There were some notable catches and highlight reel plays during the practice Sunday. From Odell Beckham Jr. snags to Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt touchdowns, here are some of the best moments from the day.

Fans who missed the Orange & Brown practice Sunday will still have chances to see the team practice at one of the five upcoming training camp practices at the CrossCountry Mortgage Campus in Berea.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
The 2021 Orange & Brown Practice started with a storm and ended without a cloud in the sky.

Welcome to Cleveland.

More importantly, it was a warm welcome back to FirstEnergy Stadium, where the Browns practiced in front of thousands who patiently waited through a 45-minute weather delay caused by an unexpected thunderstorm that blew through the area. It was a great atmosphere and a nice change of pace for a Browns team that held its first nine practices at the CrossCountry Mortgage Campus.

Sunday provided some extra "juice" for the Browns as they enter their first game week of 2021 with a trip to Jacksonville on the horizon.

"This was incredible. No surprise," Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said. "This is a uniquely loyal fanbase and I appreciate that. Great seeing all the kids out here, people bringing their families out here so that was outstanding. They brought the energy, they definitely brought the juice out here. I know the players responded to that."

Here's what else happened on a fun day by the lake.

— The highlight of the day came midway through the practice, as Case Keenum found Rashard Higgins on a pass that sent Higgins diving into the end zone. Higgins was quick to pop to his feet, adjust his shoulder pads and treat the fans to the first red carpet walk of 2021. Baker Mayfield ran in from the sidelines to pantomime some photographs alongside David Njoku.

— Keenum was sharp throughout the day, throwing the aforementioned touchdown pass to Higgins and a couple more to TE Harrison Bryant. He's an incredible asset for this team to have and has been an ideal backup to Mayfield.

— Bryant's first touchdown grab was particularly good, as he reached over top of rookie S Richard LeCounte III's head to secure the ball and snatch it up and away from LeCounte's hands.

— Mayfield's best sequence came near the end of practice, when he fired a quick out to KhaDarel Hodge, who sprinted untouched into the end zone. He followed on the very next play with a touchdown strike down the middle to Njoku.

— The second-team defense got the best of the first-team offense during the 2-minute drill period to end practice. The second-team offense picked up big yardage after CB Greg Newsome II was flagged for pass interference and scored on a touchdown pass from Keenum to Njoku.

— Donovan Peoples-Jones kept his early training camp momentum rolling at FirstEnergy Stadium with a few more big catches. He continues to find lots of space in the middle of the field on slants, and he did just that on two of his catches, one coming in an early 11-on-11 period and another in a 7-on-7 session.

— Every time Nick Chubb touched the ball, the crowd went wild. Run plays are tough to judge because the team isn't hitting the ball carrier, but there were a handful from Chubb that were definitely set up to pick up significant gains. It goes without saying the Browns, who ranked third in the league with 148.4 rushing yards per game and were one of the best at closing out games with their two-headed monster at running back, should be pretty darn good at running the ball in 2021.

— RB Kareem Hunt had a no-doubter long touchdown run during a team period, as he took an inside handoff, bounced to the left and outraced everyone toward the end zone.

— DT Malik McDowell left midway through the practice because of an oblique injury. Others who did not participate Sunday included S Grant Delpit (hamstring), CB Denzel Ward (rest), WR Anthony Schwartz (hamstring), S Ronnie Harrison Jr. (hamstring) and LB Anthony Walker (knee).

— Without Ward in action, the Browns deployed Newsome and Greedy Williams as their top CBs.

— P Jamie Gillan had a nice period where he appeared to be working through a number of different punts as he looked to pin the ball inside the 20-yard line. JoJo Natson and Ryan Switzer fielded them.

— Speaking of special teams, the Browns had one period of field goal kicking, as Cody Parkey went 3-for-4, missing his last and longest attempt, while Chase McLaughlin made all four of his kicks, including a 49-yarder.

— The Browns are off Monday and will be back in action Tuesday at the CrossCountry Mortgage Campus. They'll practice Wednesday and Thursday, too, before hitting the road Friday to Jacksonville.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/fresh-takes-observations-from-the-orange-brown-practice

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Went up with the fam to the practice at the stadium today. Great to be back in there! I wouldn't be surprised if there 20k fans there. It was packed for a practice and the fans were loud.

Some observations:

- Hooper dropped 3 straight passes in 11 on 11s.

- Njoku caught everything thrown his way including 2 TDs and jumped over the DB on fade route in the endzone.

- Hunt and Chubb both look good.

- DPJ was beating his man consistently

- H. Bryant had a nice TD catch on a pass from Baker that was well defended. About a 35 yard pass.

- Ward on the sidelines in shorts.

- Delpit was not in on any team drills

- Saw JOK sitting on the sidelines quite a bit

- Switzer and Natson rotating on punt returns.

- Highlight was a diving catch for a TD to Hollywood from Keenum in front of the Dawg Pound. He rolled out the red carpet, Baker sprinted over to snap the photos with Njoku, crowd went bonkers.

It's going to be wild up at the stadium this year with a packed house. Can't wait.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

That would be great news, because he has talent, and he has the physical ability to be a plus level LB. He just has to put it all together.

You gotta remember, he wasn't 100% last year. Had an injury that held him up.. so maybe we're seeing the real Mack now... fingerscrossed

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Battered Fan Syndrome: reading about our high-octane offense abusing the defense and thinking "oh, no, we still can't cover anyone", followed by then reading a blurb about the defense winning a few and thinking "we're going to struggle this year, aren't we?!"

Notable difference in this camp compared to so many prior seasons: we are getting almost no news on several of the rookies and it's no big deal. We took a pretty big name from Ohio State in Tommy Toglai, but we hear almost nothing about him and nobody is batting an eye. Same goes for Schwartz being out with a hammy for as long as he has.

It's a good, and odd, feeling to not be banking everything on every rookie to save us, and praying that the 7th rounder and a few UDFA's play like All Pros.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Battered Fan Syndrome: reading about our high-octane offense abusing the defense and thinking "oh, no, we still can't cover anyone", followed by then reading a blurb about the defense winning a few and thinking "we're going to struggle this year, aren't we?!"

Notable difference in this camp compared to so many prior seasons: we are getting almost no news on several of the rookies and it's no big deal. We took a pretty big name from Ohio State in Tommy Toglai, but we hear almost nothing about him and nobody is batting an eye. Same goes for Schwartz being out with a hammy for as long as he has.

It's a good, and odd, feeling to not be banking everything on every rookie to save us, and praying that the 7th rounder and a few UDFA's play like All Pros.

It feels way different than it ever has.. And that's a good thing...

There is a video someone posted above that shows Togiai chasing Baker and causing him to throw it away.. that was kinda cool

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O

Battered Fan Syndrome: I keep waking up expecting to see a post that baker is demanding a trade because Haslam junior dissed him or something crazy like that... Pinch me this can't be true...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Or Johnny M with a wig on gambling in Vegas....how crazy was that culture....we've come a long way baby. Accountability, love it.
Wonder if we will ever see
Takkarist McKinley again....Go Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M

Worst case scenario, Browns go 11-6. This seems to be more of a 12-5 or 13-4 team. I've turned into confident Browns fan, borderline "get me to the playoffs already" Patriots type fan.

*Overconfidence is not an ideal character trait!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No battered fan syndrome for me serve me up year 1 of the next great NFL dynasties. Make it the best one yet!

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Dynasty is usually associated with teams that win championships. Maybe it's best we win one before we start talking about dynasty.

That said, we have a chance to be pretty darn good for a pretty good while.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
"DT Malik McDowell left midway through the practice because of an oblique injury"

Hopefully nothing serious. If surgery were to be needed, it's a 3 to 4 month recovery time. I would assume he would be put on IR. As I said though, hopefully nothing to serious

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think I phrased it just right and that is my expectation anything less and this team fell short of their potential. So far this Ski led team has exceeded every expectation so you raise the bar and that bar now is to win it all, and to rinse and repeat. DYNASTY Get used to it and more importantly learn how to say it cause it's coming.

I see you're still in recovering from battered fan syndrome. I on the other hand have been vaccinated and now believe that it's a forgone conclusion that will win it all, that may not be this season but it's coming. This is the new beginning that we have all been hoping for since the return enjoy it and get vaccinated.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Worst case scenario 11-6.
I wonder who are the 6, or moreso who are the 11 sure thing wins.

Legend
Legend

Before this baseball season began the Dodgers were predicted to win like 120 games.

My Braves were supposed to challenge the Dodgers. Well it has not turned out that way so far.

This season many predict the Bucs will repeat. Or, the Chiefs are way better than everyone else.

The NFL is tight. It is hard to win. Games are close. It is a long season and it got longer.

Injuries are a part of football and enough can take down any team.

With all that stated I like our chances. The Browns have every ingredient to win it all. We have no single weakness that we need to overcome in order to win.

All we need to win it all is to stay somewhat healthy.

And to have what all teams need to win a Super Bowl a little luck. Sometimes you need a play to go your way.

Long term we have the right people in the right places. Long term is all about drafting well and player development. If you have continuity long term success has a chance.

Legend
Legend
That's all Higgins does,, catch the ball... thumbsup

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I feel basically the same way. Not going to count chicken because every year some team with high expectations loses the gamble. It’s not battered fan syndrome, it’s reality. We have as good a chance to be legit as any browns team in 30 years but I’m not about to predict winning our division straight away and waltzing into the playoffs.

The biggest risks at this point are key injuries, Baker failing to live up to what we need him to be, and coaching/ play calling having a sophomore slump. That’s the fewest real risk factors we’ve had in as long as I can remember but they’re real risks all the same. Parity in the league means that we (and everyone) have to get a little lucky to win consistently. Injury luck being the most important kind of luck. Your QB not having a slump is next on the list.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
T
Legend
Legend
T
How I arrived there. Worst case scenario, best case scenario, and the schedule.
Worst case scenario first 4 games, at KC, Houston, Chicago at Minnesota, 1-3. Losing to Houston with Davis Mills at Qb and 13 former Browns supposedly upgraded, would be unthinkable and a punch toward coaches leaving.

WC scenario Games 5-8, ariz, Denver, Pittsburgh, at Cincinnati, 0-4. Z and D could just catch fire, Pitts: the revenge factor, and Cincy, in a worst case scenario 1-1 on the year Cincys' not good enough to sweep you but in this case Browns are 1-7 ( actually 1-8, I skipped the game at La chargers, and they are, composed of enough all around young talent to give anyone a game.
(at New England, Detroit, At Baltimore and Baltimore.) In the worst case scenario a wins starved Browns team would crush Detroit but lose the others 2-11.
Raiders, At Green Bay, At Pittsburgh, Raiders have a streak going against the Browns, Green bay and Pittsburgh both road games, c'mon, worst case 0-3, 2-14
Final game Cincinnati at home, bottom line, worst case scenario they are not good enough to sweep the Browns 3-14.
(Now, best case scenario, 17-0) 17-0 for the regular season because simply, there is no team in the NFL the Browns can't beat or even sweep this year.

come 2 games off each side, more likely scenario, Browns finish between 5-12 and 15-2. (then, between 7-10, or 13-4). Then, not figuring in any momentum,
likely finish between 9 and 11 wins, so 10 wins.

But, figure in, Momentum +2 games, and figure in the stability of the coaching systems, +1 game,
yet also figure in the unforeseeable and bad luck of some team surprising them, -1 game. that's 12 wins.
Probably, most likely they'll win between 8.5 and 14, 13.5 games, and I'd think it's a moving average, based on all kinds of things that would effect the season and game by game outcomes. No?
So basically, there is a strong outlook of, finishing, 10-7 and missing the playoffs, or 11-6 and making the playoffs, based on the outcome of the OTHER! Pittsburgh game, whatever that means.
Highly pivotal, Yes?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Pittsburgh was 11-0 last year with Ben throwing dink and dunk passes,and having a decent D. The Browns offense was prolific, but our D pretty well stunk (stank?). I have a lot of confidence that our D will improve immensely this year, AND our O will step up to a new level as well.

I'm so pumped for the games to begin...PLUS I'm getting NFL Ticket and Redzone free because I've been a loyal DirectTV customer! Go figure.

T
Legend
Legend
T
What are these obvious 6 losses;
The Obvious likely losses. (likely to lose)

1. At KC
2, 50% of the At Minnesota then at LA Chargers road duo.
3. At New England
4. and 5. Both Baltimore games.
6. The Green Bay game on the road Christmas day.
( Likely losses ^ playoff berth would hinge on sweeping Pittsburgh.)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Of course all those things but I am going to go ahead and count the chickens anyway, it makes me feel good........ laugh laugh

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone
I think I phrased it just right and that is my expectation anything less and this team fell short of their potential. So far this Ski led team has exceeded every expectation so you raise the bar and that bar now is to win it all, and to rinse and repeat. DYNASTY Get used to it and more importantly learn how to say it cause it's coming.

I see you're still in recovering from battered fan syndrome. I on the other hand have been vaccinated and now believe that it's a forgone conclusion that will win it all, that may not be this season but it's coming. This is the new beginning that we have all been hoping for since the return enjoy it and get vaccinated.

Never was a battered fan. I pretty much always have a grip on things. I never bought in to all the hype, nor believed that past performance had any real bearing on future performance and certainly didn't believe in any sort of hex or some such nonsense.

Think what you want, and I hope you are right. Until then, I'll keep keep thinking the way I always have and won't put the cart in front of the horse

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah joins Jason Gibbs and Andrew Gribble following the Orange & Brown Practice at FirstEnergy Stadium to talk about the day and how his camp is going. The guys also walk you through the sights and sounds of everything they saw at Sunday’s practice.

Paul DePodesta joins the show for an inside look at the team.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
6 to 11 is lighting it up, and almost unstoppable right now.

Meanwhile, we seem to be keeping 6 to 13 under wraps with only isolated drills being visible.

I think we might see us killing KC with both 11 & 13, and finishing things off with 80 & 24/27.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
OP Online
Legend
O
Yikes. Talk about saying something without saying something.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Yikes. Talk about saying something without saying something.

That's the best way for an NFL player to say something. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

There used to be it seemed a famous argument by detractors of Hall of Fame WR. Chris Carter. All he does, is catch touchdowns.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Good. He needed it.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Vice grips, baby!!

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
OP Online
Legend
O
IMO, Bryant is exactly what this offense needs (a TE that can block and catch well). Njoku's blocking came around at the end of last season as well.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
Legend
Legend
C
More like Haley Swole Osment

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet he wasn't even our third WR last season until injuries elevated his status. Maybe Stefnaski got it wrong? wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Browns LB Anthony Walker returns to practice as Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward sit out
https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/br...el-ward-sit-out

BEREA, Ohio — As one player returns, another leaves. Cleveland Browns linebacker Anthony Walker is set to return to practice Tuesday after dealing with a knee injury, but defensive end Myles Garrett will sit out with a hamstring injury.

Head coach Kevin Stefanski said that Walker would be back at practice working through individual drills Tuesday as they ramp him up to return to team activities.

Last Monday, Walker limped off the field after showing signs of a leg injury that afternoon, heading into the facility with trainers under his own power. The next day, Stefanski said Walker had a non-contact knee injury that would not require surgery but would take him out of practice for "a week plus."

Despite suffering the knee injury, Walker remained on the practice fields, staying vocal with his teammates and observing the work his team was doing each day.

But while the Browns had the good news of Walker's return, there was also some less than ideal news as well with Garrett set to miss practice.

Stefanski said Garrett is working through a hamstring injury and will be out of practice Tuesday.

Although Stefanski said Garrett's injury is not considered serious, he will be considered day-to-day as they play it safe with his return.

In addition to Garrett being out, Stefanski said cornerback Denzel Ward will miss Tuesday's practice as we works through some soreness.

Defensive tackle Malik McDowell is still being monitored after leaving the Orange & Brown practice early Sunday with an oblique injury. Stefanski said he wouldn't call the injury "long term" but did say they'll be smart about things when it comes to his return.

The Browns have two more practice before they head down to Jacksonville to take on the Jaguars in their first preseason game Saturday.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 08/10/21 02:36 PM.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Training Camp 2021

Link Copied to Clipboard