Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Swish
Jc

Just wanted to say that Bakers arm looked great yesterday. They clearly was just out there doing stuff, but bakers mechanics looked amazing!

Baker has top-5 NFL arm talent...always has IMO. The key for him to stay that way has always been his mechanics. An early, vocal-critic of his on this board posted almost-incessantly-yet-correctly that his mechanics needed to improve.

The scuttle-butt that I read "suggested" that QB coach Zampese was quite good for Baker in his rookie year. Game prep and mechanics as the priority.

https://apnews.com/article/bac3b6944d7c47aaac3603b4e7179da0

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/...a9-cf9b0353ec8f

Then we had the Freddie Kitchens frat-house...Zampese wasn't retained and house-mother Ryan Lindley was promoted to QB coach. Coincidentally, Baker's development lost an entire year...other than lessons-learned about off-season work.

My guess is that Zampese road Baker's butt to the point Baker didn't like it anymore...then the frat house crap...now back to more of what Zampese saw...just advanced by AVP and KS. No disrespect to AVP and/or KS. JMO.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What is with the shinny gloves? It seemed all Flacons were wearing them. I never really notice but the only ones that dont seem to be wearing some type of gloves are the QB's. I never noticed the shinny gloves until yesterday

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend

One thing that is crystal clear from this years training camp.

Baker is in complete control. He is the leader.

His poise, body language, remarks in dealing with the press, the overall "Baker Vibe" is of a man in charge and comfortable being in charge.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

My guess is that Zampese road Baker's butt to the point Baker didn't like it anymore...then the frat house crap...now back to more of what Zampese saw...just advanced by AVP and KS. No disrespect to AVP and/or KS. JMO.

Agreed with all of it except this part - Baker has never given me any indication that he wasn't 100% willing and able to embrace working hard and doing whatever is necessary to improve. I think the year 2 influences - as you said - really failed him. He still owns his performances and everything that goes along with that year - but there were significant contributing influences.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Elliott had nowhere to go but up after his Rookie season ..lol
He didn't do much in the Jak game .. He showed up after McDowell hit the field in the Giants game.. Looking much better , but I believe that has as much to do with his ( should be very good friend ) McDowell .. Billings is a no show at this point.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Agreed with all of it except this part - Baker has never given me any indication that he wasn't 100% willing and able to embrace working hard and doing whatever is necessary to improve. I think the year 2 influences - as you said - really failed him. He still owns his performances and everything that goes along with that year - but there were significant contributing influences.

Yeah...I wish I had worded that better. Maybe more like a little tough Love perhaps. I have no thoughts that Baker didn't take to coaching at any level or by any coach.

There was some unfounded speculation/accusation long ago that Baker didn't like Zampese...but such never had any legs other than by a guy on this board. naughtydevil

I did read speculation outside this board that Freddie was not a fan of Zampese.

So glad that those speculative days are a distant memory.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Elliott had nowhere to go but up after his Rookie season ..lol
He didn't do much in the Jak game .. He showed up after McDowell hit the field in the Giants game.. Looking much better , but I believe that has as much to do with his ( should be very good friend ) McDowell .. Billings is a no show at this point.

I too was worried about Elliot after last year...it was quite concerning that maybe they missed that badly on a guy. Today, I think - as usual with this FO - they got that one right too.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Ony issue I saw with Baker last night was a couple of batted down passes. Not sure if that was rust or what but their D was just lazily putting hands up and hit TWO!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
Legend
Legend
E
jc

I had a great time at the Game yesterday. I went with my gf who is a diehard Browns fan. We were in the vip field level club. It has all inclusive drinks and buffet. Very upscale.

Props to the Stadium/Falcons. They planned a menu that had some items inspired by NE Ohio culture. Pierogis and corned beef sandwiches. And a ton of other stuff as well.

We went on the field patio and watched them warm up.

Had lots of (free) drinks. Our seats were row 8 on 45 yard line.

We had an awesome time.

One of the coolest things though.... After the game, when we were walking to the train station... There was a little old lady and little old man couple. He was wearing an Otto Graham jersesy. It was awesome.

Also, I have to say that at least 40% 0f the crowd were Browns fans. We took over the Stadium lol.

Good times.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Sounds like you had a great time! Stadium looks amazing, and nothing like the VIP treatment. Glad you got to see the Browns, hopefully you can make it up north for a game at home!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
E
Legend
Legend
E
Thank you! Hopefully I can get up to the CLE this season! I have a really good feeling about our team. laugh

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Might need to revisit this in EE. Would like more deets on the GF and the free drink scam. wink Good pics BTW but can't help but notice they are all "backside" shots, didn't any of them look your way OR was it their backside pics you wanted as keepsakes? Inquiring minds...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Funny man. She is my friend who is female. Not my lover.

I was just collecting pictures of players. Like you collect football cards.
I took other pictures but they are crappy quality.

Its the Truist Club.
https://www.atlantafalcons.com/tickets/clubs-suites/club-seats

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Funny man. She is my friend who is female. Not my lover.

I was just collecting pictures of players. Like you collect football cards.
I took other pictures but they are crappy quality.

Its the Truist Club.
https://www.atlantafalcons.com/tickets/clubs-suites/club-seats

Didn't really expect answers. Nobody gets me today. smh

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/30/21 04:08 PM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Lol I look for any excuse to blabber on about my gameday experiences.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Lol I look for any excuse to blabber on about my gameday experiences.

Oh really?

Tell me more.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I don't have much more to say. Other than whenever the Browns get a new Stadium that they should model their fan experience off of Mercedes Benz Stadium. They are doing it right in the ATL.

No Craps Given
L
Legend
Legend
L
I love MBS, its so much nicer than that monstrosity in dallas. Very high tech and great visibility

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Yeah...I wish I had worded that better. Maybe more like a little tough Love perhaps. I have no thoughts that Baker didn't take to coaching at any level or by any coach.

There was some unfounded speculation/accusation long ago that Baker didn't like Zampese...but such never had any legs other than by a guy on this board. naughtydevil

I did read speculation outside this board that Freddie was not a fan of Zampese.

So glad that those speculative days are a distant memory.

getting rid of Zampese and hiring that horrid broom pusher/baker buddy was the worst move of freddy's tenure. Thats why baker regressed more than anything. Lindley has no business coaching anyone at QB

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't have much more to say. Other than whenever the Browns get a new Stadium that they should model their fan experience off of Mercedes Benz Stadium. They are doing it right in the ATL.

I agree. Hopefully the city does that before the team moves again.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Okie dokie. I was just trying to give you an excuse. tongue

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
and Freddie had no business coaching the Browns...

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Hammer
and Freddie had no business coaching the Browns...
Indeed, but I think that mistake could have been mitigated if Freddie would have kept the majority of the offensive staff together and gave up playcalling

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Preseason Gameday vs Atlanta Gameday at Atlanta

Link Copied to Clipboard